Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues


    Russian arms sales to Middle East & North Africa

    Share

    Behrooz

    Posts : 26
    Points : 28
    Join date : 2014-06-14

    Re: Russian arms sales to Middle East & North Africa

    Post  Behrooz on Sun Jun 15, 2014 10:01 pm

    TR1 wrote:
    George1 wrote:Iraq could be a potential customer of MiG-35

    That would be very bizarre and entertaining.


    Don't rule it out. Iraqs government is not pro-western. The US has to treat it like an ally but that is something that will break.
    avatar
    TheArmenian

    Posts : 1804
    Points : 1955
    Join date : 2011-09-14

    Re: Russian arms sales to Middle East & North Africa

    Post  TheArmenian on Thu Aug 14, 2014 9:39 am

    Bahrain orders KORNET-EM

    http://www.janes.com/article/41871/bahrain-orders-latest-kornet-atgw
    avatar
    Werewolf

    Posts : 5301
    Points : 5510
    Join date : 2012-10-24

    Re: Russian arms sales to Middle East & North Africa

    Post  Werewolf on Thu Aug 14, 2014 5:47 pm

    TheArmenian wrote:Bahrain orders KORNET-EM

    http://www.janes.com/article/41871/bahrain-orders-latest-kornet-atgw

    Russia should not supply US slave regimes.
    avatar
    George1

    Posts : 11476
    Points : 11949
    Join date : 2011-12-22
    Location : Greece

    Re: Russian arms sales to Middle East & North Africa

    Post  George1 on Fri Aug 15, 2014 4:28 am

    Russia modernizes Yemeni air force jets

    SANA'A, Aug.13 (Saba)- Yemen and Russia discussed on Wednesday modernizing Yemeni air force jets imported from Russia.

    The Assistant Secretary of Defense for Logistical Support Maj. Gen. Saleh Hassan and commander of the Air Forces Maj. Gen. Rashid al-Janad met with Russian ambassador to Yemen Vladimir Didohchin and the military attaché in the embassy and discussed military cooperation, especially training, rehabilitation and exchange of experiences in air forces field.

    Al-Janad praised improving military relations and cooperation between Yemen and Russia, hailing Russia's support to the Yemeni armed forces in all military areas.

    For his part, Didohchin re-affirmed his country's continuous support to the Yemeni air forces and providing them with modern weapons and improved defense systems to be on alert.
    avatar
    GarryB

    Posts : 17793
    Points : 18359
    Join date : 2010-03-30
    Location : New Zealand

    Re: Russian arms sales to Middle East & North Africa

    Post  GarryB on Fri Aug 15, 2014 11:36 am

    Russia should not supply US slave regimes.

    they will get the export version... that is what export versions are for.


    _________________
    “The West won the world not by the superiority of its ideas or values or religion […] but rather by its superiority in applying organized violence. Westerners often forget this fact; non-Westerners never do.”

    ― Samuel P. Huntington, The Clash of Civilizations and the Remaking of World Order

    iraqidabab

    Posts : 320
    Points : 335
    Join date : 2014-05-31

    Lebanon to Russia to Diversify Army Weapon Sources

    Post  iraqidabab on Thu Aug 21, 2014 4:21 pm

    http://www.naharnet.com/stories/en/143978-qahwaji-to-russia-to-diversify-army-weapon-sources

    Army chief General Jean Qahwaji is scheduled to travel to Russia soon to discuss ways that Moscow can provide the Lebanese army with military aid, news reports said on Wednesday.

    Qahwaji aims to diversify the sources of military weapons provided to Lebanon within the $500 million quota allocated to the army and as part of the one billion Saudi grant in that regard, As Safir daily reported.

    Former Premier and head of al-Mustaqbal Movement MP Saad Hariri announced on August 6 that Saudi Arabia will grant Lebanon one billion dollars to the military institution to “combat terrorism.”

    Media information said that $500 million of the grant will be given in cash to the Lebanese army to get the weapons and ammunition needed.

    Qahwaji had reiterated to his visitors that Hariri told him to “find the best suitable contract for the military institution, and we will be right behind you,” according to As Safir Wednesday.

    It also revealed that the army chief will visit Russia soon after he held several contacts with the Russian Ambassador Alexander Zasypkin in Beirut to sign the arms deal with the leadership of the Russian army.

    Qahwaji is expected to visit several western and eastern capitals to purchase the weapons, added the daily, pointing that the U.S. has put its weapons warehouses in Cyprus under the disposal of the Lebanese army since the latest incidents that flared in the northeastern border town of Arsal.

    Hariri, who made a surprise visit to Lebanon at the beginning of August after three years abroad, had left back to Jeddah a few days afterwards to “hold discussions with Saudi leaders on the aid granted to the Lebanese army.”

    In December 2013 Saudi Arabia had granted three billion dollars for the purchase of arms from France for the benefit of the Lebanese army.

    avatar
    Mike E

    Posts : 2673
    Points : 2713
    Join date : 2014-06-19
    Location : Bay Area, CA

    Re: Russian arms sales to Middle East & North Africa

    Post  Mike E on Fri Sep 05, 2014 8:32 am

    Not about India, but there is nowhere else to put this...

    Russia to supply military equipment to Tunisia

    The Russian government has also agreed in principle to provide a 500 million U.S. dollar loan to Tunisia

    TUNIS, September 05 /ITAR-TASS/. Russia will supply military equipment to Tunisia as part of security assistance efforts, Tunisian Foreign Minister Mongi Hamdi said on Thursday.

    The supplies will include bullet-proof vests and night-vision devices, he told the Express FM radio.
    The Russian government has also agreed in principle to provide a 500 million U.S. dollar loan to Tunisia.
    Hamdi, who arrived in Moscow on September 2 on a working visit, has held talks with Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov. The discussion focused on the situation in the Middle East and North Africa.
    The ministers also reviewed the implementation of the agreements reached at the 5th session of the Russian-Tunisian inter-governmental commission on trade, economic, scientific and technological cooperation, which was held in Tunis in May of this year.

     - This could be very big, as Tunisia has never bought Russian weapons before!
    avatar
    George1

    Posts : 11476
    Points : 11949
    Join date : 2011-12-22
    Location : Greece

    temp tunisia

    Post  George1 on Fri Sep 05, 2014 12:44 pm

    Mike E wrote:Not about India, but there is nowhere else to put this...

    Russia to supply military equipment to Tunisia

    The Russian government has also agreed in principle to provide a 500 million U.S. dollar loan to Tunisia

    TUNIS, September 05 /ITAR-TASS/. Russia will supply military equipment to Tunisia as part of security assistance efforts, Tunisian Foreign Minister Mongi Hamdi said on Thursday.

    The supplies will include bullet-proof vests and night-vision devices, he told the Express FM radio.
    The Russian government has also agreed in principle to provide a 500 million U.S. dollar loan to Tunisia.
    Hamdi, who arrived in Moscow on September 2 on a working visit, has held talks with Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov. The discussion focused on the situation in the Middle East and North Africa.
    The ministers also reviewed the implementation of the agreements reached at the 5th session of the Russian-Tunisian inter-governmental commission on trade, economic, scientific and technological cooperation, which was held in Tunis in May of this year.

     - This could be very big, as Tunisia has never bought Russian weapons before!

    there is !!

    http://www.russiadefence.net/t1918-russian-arms-sales-to-the-middle-east-and-north-africa
    avatar
    GarryB

    Posts : 17793
    Points : 18359
    Join date : 2010-03-30
    Location : New Zealand

    Re: Russian arms sales to Middle East & North Africa

    Post  GarryB on Fri Sep 05, 2014 1:23 pm

    Fixed... Smile


    _________________
    “The West won the world not by the superiority of its ideas or values or religion […] but rather by its superiority in applying organized violence. Westerners often forget this fact; non-Westerners never do.”

    ― Samuel P. Huntington, The Clash of Civilizations and the Remaking of World Order
    avatar
    Mike E

    Posts : 2673
    Points : 2713
    Join date : 2014-06-19
    Location : Bay Area, CA

    Re: Russian arms sales to Middle East & North Africa

    Post  Mike E on Fri Sep 05, 2014 5:10 pm

    Thank you to both!  Very Happy
    avatar
    nemrod

    Posts : 817
    Points : 1311
    Join date : 2012-09-11

    Russia to supply military equipment to Tunisia

    Post  nemrod on Tue Sep 09, 2014 11:06 pm



    http://en.itar-tass.com/russia/748207

    avatar
    Mike E

    Posts : 2673
    Points : 2713
    Join date : 2014-06-19
    Location : Bay Area, CA

    Re: Russian arms sales to Middle East & North Africa

    Post  Mike E on Wed Sep 10, 2014 12:24 am

    I predicted this! Time to go buy a few lottery tickets...
    avatar
    George1

    Posts : 11476
    Points : 11949
    Join date : 2011-12-22
    Location : Greece

    Re: Russian arms sales to Middle East & North Africa

    Post  George1 on Thu Jun 11, 2015 2:34 pm

    Moscow Ready to Expand Military Ties With Bahrain

    Read more: http://sputniknews.com/politics/20150611/1023217697.html#ixzz3ckwhcGYw
    avatar
    Viktor

    Posts : 5647
    Points : 6284
    Join date : 2009-08-25
    Age : 37
    Location : Croatia

    Russia - Morocco military contracts

    Post  Viktor on Mon Aug 10, 2015 5:45 pm

    Nice  thumbsup

    Moroccan king set to seal submarine deal during Moscow visit
    avatar
    ExBeobachter1987

    Posts : 440
    Points : 438
    Join date : 2014-11-26
    Age : 30
    Location : Western Eurasia

    Re: Russian arms sales to Middle East & North Africa

    Post  ExBeobachter1987 on Mon Aug 10, 2015 6:46 pm

    Would that be the first exported Amur sub?
    avatar
    Book.

    Posts : 696
    Points : 755
    Join date : 2015-05-08
    Location : Oregon, USA

    Re: Russian arms sales to Middle East & North Africa

    Post  Book. on Wed Aug 12, 2015 7:19 am

    Amur or Kilo it ok
    I like the deal
    avatar
    Black-Swan

    Posts : 37
    Points : 38
    Join date : 2014-11-19
    Location : Paris

    Re: Russian arms sales to Middle East & North Africa

    Post  Black-Swan on Sun Aug 23, 2015 10:46 pm

    Viktor wrote:Nice  thumbsup

    Moroccan king set to seal submarine deal during Moscow visit
    Hi friends, for Morocco navy subs, friend Russian source, no contract with Morocco. Cool

    Hachimoto

    Posts : 144
    Points : 154
    Join date : 2013-02-08
    Age : 33

    Re: Russian arms sales to Middle East & North Africa

    Post  Hachimoto on Mon Aug 24, 2015 11:22 am

    Black-Swan wrote:
    Viktor wrote:Nice  thumbsup

    Moroccan king set to seal submarine deal during Moscow visit
    Hi friends, for Morocco navy subs, friend Russian source, no contract with Morocco. Cool

    Your Russian friend is named Putin right?
    avatar
    Black-Swan

    Posts : 37
    Points : 38
    Join date : 2014-11-19
    Location : Paris

    Re: Russian arms sales to Middle East & North Africa

    Post  Black-Swan on Mon Aug 24, 2015 12:46 pm

    Hachimoto wrote:
    Black-Swan wrote:
    Viktor wrote:Nice  thumbsup

    Moroccan king set to seal submarine deal during Moscow visit
    Hi friends, for Morocco navy subs, friend Russian source, no contract with Morocco. Cool

    Your Russian friend is named Putin right?
    Very funny, no my russian friend work in shipyard Severnaya Verf, St-Pertersbourg. Wink
    I am not jealous because Morocan Navy buy russian submarine, I give just a information for the forum, sorry. respekt

    Atakor

    Posts : 38
    Points : 40
    Join date : 2015-08-24

    Re: Russian arms sales to Middle East & North Africa

    Post  Atakor on Mon Aug 24, 2015 1:41 pm

    The Moroccan press (which is far from being reliable) has been talking about a submarine procurement for years now. One year it is a type 209, the next one it is an Amur 1650 and so on. Yet there are several problems concerning this acquisition. The first is the budget; then the submarine itself.
    avatar
    Black-Swan

    Posts : 37
    Points : 38
    Join date : 2014-11-19
    Location : Paris

    Re: Russian arms sales to Middle East & North Africa

    Post  Black-Swan on Mon Aug 24, 2015 6:33 pm

    Atakor wrote:The Moroccan press (which is far from being reliable) has been talking about a submarine procurement for years now. One year it is a type 209, the next one it is an Amur 1650 and so on. Yet there are several problems concerning this acquisition. The first is the budget; then the submarine itself.
    Saudis can finance this purchase, Morocco has the support of American and european.
    It is true that Algeria will soon be six submarine so I think American and nato want rebalance power balance. I think the Moroccans want to buy submarines, but that the russian ? I think that the market would not be good for Algeria, for Russia too. In any case it is certain Algerians would be disappointed by this deal between a friend and an enemy.



    Hachimoto

    Posts : 144
    Points : 154
    Join date : 2013-02-08
    Age : 33

    Re: Russian arms sales to Middle East & North Africa

    Post  Hachimoto on Mon Aug 24, 2015 8:32 pm

    Black-Swan wrote:
    Atakor wrote:The Moroccan press (which is far from being reliable) has been talking about a submarine procurement for years now. One year it is a type 209, the next one it is an Amur 1650 and so on. Yet there are several problems concerning this acquisition. The first is the budget; then the submarine itself.
    Saudis can finance this purchase, Morocco has the support of American and european.
    It is true that Algeria will soon be six submarine so I think American and nato want rebalance power balance. I think the Moroccans want to buy submarines, but that the russian ? I think that the market would not be good for Algeria, for Russia too. In any case it is certain Algerians would be disappointed by this deal between a friend and an enemy.



    An ennemy ? what ennemy are you refering ? didn't get enough from loosing each war since 60's ? just get your men trained and control your own country before looking outside. take it as an advice.

    The first rule in any respectable forum is not to bring news such as ' a friend of my sister told the nephew of my oncle ....' otherwise it will be turned to a trashy blog.

    sorry mod [/endOT]
    avatar
    mack8

    Posts : 953
    Points : 1009
    Join date : 2013-08-02

    Re: Russian arms sales to Middle East & North Africa

    Post  mack8 on Mon Aug 24, 2015 8:44 pm

    Hachimoto wrote:...control your own country before looking outside. take it as an advice...

    Perhaps you should also follow your own advice friend. Last i know Morrocco is a royal dictatorship under the US boot and supporting jihadist scumbags throughout the Middle East and Africa alongside the filthy KSA, GCC etc.

    Hachimoto

    Posts : 144
    Points : 154
    Join date : 2013-02-08
    Age : 33

    Re: Russian arms sales to Middle East & North Africa

    Post  Hachimoto on Fri Sep 11, 2015 4:30 pm



    Morocco, Myanmar to Buy Some 60 Russian BMP-3 Infantry Fighting Vehicles


    http://sputniknews.com/military/20150911/1026867729.html

    avatar
    George1

    Posts : 11476
    Points : 11949
    Join date : 2011-12-22
    Location : Greece

    Re: Russian arms sales to Middle East & North Africa

    Post  George1 on Tue Sep 15, 2015 1:56 am

    Which country? Maybe Syria??

    Russian T-90MS tank completes test cycle in Arab country — manufacturer


    _________________
    "There's no smoke without fire.", Georgy Zhukov


    Sponsored content

    Re: Russian arms sales to Middle East & North Africa

    Post  Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Thu Jun 21, 2018 2:17 pm