Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

Russian arms sales to Middle East & North Africa

Mike E

Re: Russian arms sales to Middle East & North Africa

Post  Mike E on Sun Sep 20, 2015 10:17 pm

sepheronx wrote:Could be UAE.
    Possibly, but they recently splashed on the Leclerc, and are going to receive upgrades on them. 

Maybe it really is Kuwait and this is just old news.
    magnumcromagnon

Post  magnumcromagnon on Sun Sep 20, 2015 11:18 pm

Mike E wrote:
    Possibly, but they recently splashed on the Leclerc, and are going to receive upgrades on them. 

Well I just read some where that Saudi Arabia is interested in T-90MS, but with all the past bad blood (Afghanistan, oil prices, Chechnya, Dagestan, Libya, Syria, Iraq, and Iran) I really suspect that the so called potential arm deals between the Russians and the Saudis wont amount to anything (hopefully). Hence why I stand with prediction that current news of the T-90MS is probably between either Egypt, or Algeria, who've both shown interest in the past.

*I'm about to go off on a tangent a bit*

The public presence of the GCC states in recent Russian arms shows is really their desperation to bribe the Russians away from the Iranians, in turn cause bad blood between them. In reality the potential arm deals between the GCC (with the excepetion of the UAE) and Russia is minuscule compared to the mega deals between Russia and Iran (which could reach hundreds of billions of dollars in a decade). I feel like from the current crisis in Syria, secular Arab countries such as Egypt, and Algeria are stocking up their war chest with a reliable arms partner (Russia) before a Muslim Brotherhood financed dirty war has started in their respective nations. Just a reminder, in the 90's the Muslim Brotherhood started a civil war in Algeria, in 2011 they started a civil war in Syria, and almost managed to start a civil war in Egypt back in 2013, except that Sisi brilliantly managed to pit the two main warmongering GCC states (Saudi Arabia, and Qatar) against each other, thus nullifying any traction in starting a dirty war in Egypt.

Algerian Major

Post  Algerian Major on Wed Sep 23, 2015 5:18 pm

magnumcromagnon wrote:
    Mike E wrote:

Well I just read some where that Saudi Arabia is interested in T-90MS, but with all the past bad blood (Afghanistan, oil prices, Chechnya, Dagestan, Libya, Syria, Iraq, and Iran) I really suspect that the so called potential arm deals between the Russians and the Saudis wont amount to anything (hopefully). Hence why I stand with prediction that current news of the T-90MS is probably between either Egypt, or Algeria, who've both shown interest in the past.

The public presence of the GCC states in recent Russian arms shows is really their desperation to bribe the Russians away from the Iranians, in turn cause bad blood between them. In reality the potential arm deals between the GCC (with the excepetion of the UAE) and Russia is minuscule compared to the mega deals between Russia and Iran (which could reach hundreds of billions of dollars in a decade). I feel like from the current crisis in Syria, secular Arab countries such as Egypt, and Algeria are stocking up their war chest with a reliable arms partner (Russia) before a Muslim Brotherhood financed dirty war has started in their respective nations. Just a reminder, in the 90's the Muslim Brotherhood started a civil war in Algeria, in 2011 they started a civil war in Syria, and almost managed to start a civil war in Egypt back in 2013, except that Sisi brilliantly managed to pit the two main warmongering GCC states (Saudi Arabia, and Qatar) against each other, thus nullifying any traction in starting a dirty war in Egypt.

Actually It's Algeria who got the T-90MS but it will not be transported to it,it will be MADE HERE ,200 T-90MS planed to be extended to 1500
    sepheronx

Post  sepheronx on Fri Oct 09, 2015 6:05 am

Russia to Sign Contract on Mi-35 Deliveries to Afghanistan in October
    Werewolf

Post  Werewolf on Fri Oct 09, 2015 6:57 pm

magnumcromagnon wrote:
    Mike E wrote:

Russians should sell Saudis T-90MSA, turret armor removed and fitted with semtex, nice 2.7 tones of Semtex armor as a revenge for Saudi shit of Arabia terrorism.
    VladimirSahin

Post  VladimirSahin on Fri Oct 09, 2015 7:04 pm

Werewolf wrote:
    magnumcromagnon wrote:
    Mike E wrote:

Russians should sell Saudis T-90MSA, turret armor removed and fitted with semtex, nice 2.7 tones of Semtex armor as a revenge for Saudi shit of Arabia terrorism.

+1, Werewolf you don't fail to entertain Laughing I don't like us selling weapons to most of these Arab states not because they are Arabs (well kind of) but because they are total ********
    Werewolf

Post  Werewolf on Fri Oct 09, 2015 7:07 pm

VladimirSahin wrote:
    Werewolf wrote:
    magnumcromagnon wrote:
    Mike E wrote:

+1, Werewolf you don't fail to entertain Laughing I don't like us selling weapons to most of these Arab states not because they are Arabs (well kind of) but because they are total ********

I have nothing against arabs, i have something against vassals, terror nations and minority fucks that have been given the leadership in their countries. Once Saudi regime falls you can be sure that the alawite/wahabi scum will be slaughtered on open streets by common people, by young and old, by male and female, by fat and thin alike. There will be torn to pieces like in a zombie movie, i hope to see that day.

Svyatoslavich

Post  Svyatoslavich on Sat Oct 10, 2015 12:35 am

Werewolf wrote:alawite/wahabi scum
    Alawite have nothing to do with Wahhabism, and are not present in Saudi Arabia either. Search a bit more about it, but just to give a hint - Al Assad family is Alawite.
    max steel

Post  max steel on Mon Oct 19, 2015 9:43 pm

Future Export Bestseller: Russia's Campaign in Syria Helps Promote Su-34

Foreign buyers of Russian-made military equipment will now be able to take a good look at the Sukhoi Su-34 strike fighters which have been actively engaged in the Russian-led aerial campaign targeting extremists in Syria and hailed as the best hardware Moscow can offer, military expert Igor Korotchenko told RIA Novosti.

Korotchenko named Vietnam, Algeria and Iraq as potential buyers but added that other countries, including Kazakhstan, Turkmenistan and Uzbekistan, are increasingly interested in the Su-34 as well. He believes that several Su-34 squadrons could be sold in the next five years.
    "Several countries in Africa, including Uganda and Nigeria, which is waging a war against Boko Haram, could buy the Su-34. Strike fighters could also strengthen Ethiopia's Air Force, which operates aging Sukhoi Su-27 fighters," Korotchenko noted.

On September 30, Russia launched a multinational aerial campaign aimed at assisting Damascus-led forces in their fight against terrorist groups, which are trying to oust President Bashar al-Assad. The operation was authorized by legitimate Syrian authorities.

As part of these counterterrorist efforts, air group, consisting of Sukhoi Su-24M attack aircraft, Sukhoi Su-34 strike fighters and Sukhoi Su-25SM jets, conducted approximately 550 sorties destroying militant terrorist command centers, ammunition depots, underground bunkers, field camps and strongholds.

Based on Sukhoi Su-27, the Su-34 is a 4++ generation jet, which can accelerate to a maximum speed of 1,200 mph and has a maximum range of 2,500 miles without refueling.
    medo

Post  medo on Mon Oct 19, 2015 10:20 pm

I doubt Su-34 will be exported, but Su-30SM type of Flanker will go well in export. RuAF could throw few KAB-500S bombs with Su-30SM on ISIS and they will sell them well in the market. They do their job well with air protection and as flying command post for the group sharing all informations with data link network with other planes as with UAVs and ground command posts. This is for what twin seaters are good for. Pilot is flying and the operator is doing all the rest. I doubt pilot in Su-35 could do all this job alone, flying, fighting and coordinating the group even with the help of computers. RuAF choose well to have Su-35 and PAK-FA for air defense in Russian air space, while all other jobs will be with Su-34 and Su-30SM. Maybe in the future MiG-35 will join them.
    Werewolf

Post  Werewolf on Mon Oct 19, 2015 10:57 pm

Su-34 and similiar aircrafts are a specialized aircraft that most countries do not need and can not afford and if they see a need for a similiar aircraft they will go for Su-24M.
    sepheronx

Post  sepheronx on Mon Oct 19, 2015 11:14 pm

Su-34 on paper is a very cheap aircraft for Russia. Issue is, it is very secretive aircraft. Out of all the modern used aircrafts in Russia's inventory, Su-34 we know the least amount. Actual performance of the N004 radar, various EW systems, the optical system, etc. Very little info about the aircraft itself isn't a good selling point. But what this is doing is helping Russia greatly in testing it out on the field.

Su-30SM will probably be the one that gets all the orders, and old Su-24M's that are upgraded may as well.

Atakor

Post  Atakor on Tue Oct 20, 2015 12:06 am

The Su34 is on the AAF's shopping list. They want to replace the Su24mk2 with them.
    medo

Post  medo on Tue Oct 20, 2015 12:23 pm

sepheronx wrote:Su-34 on paper is a very cheap aircraft for Russia.  Issue is, it is very secretive aircraft.  Out of all the modern used aircrafts in Russia's inventory, Su-34 we know the least amount.  Actual performance of the N004 radar, various EW systems, the optical system, etc.  Very little info about the aircraft itself isn't a good selling point.  But what this is doing is helping Russia greatly in testing it out on the field.

Su-30SM will probably be the one that gets all the orders, and old Su-24M's that are upgraded may as well.

True. But from night attack of Su-34 on ISIS convoys of Toyotas, we could assume that Platan complex actually have FLIR camera inside. I hope RuAF will one day show night time Platan picture.

Atakor wrote:The Su34 is on the AAF's shopping list. They want to replace the Su24mk2 with them.

Algeria could simply buy more Su-30MKA to replace Su-24MK.

Atakor

Post  Atakor on Tue Oct 20, 2015 2:31 pm

The final number of Su30 has been reached with the last contract, while the Su34 has also been a part of the AAF's modernisation program for a long time. Our Su30 are mostly used for Air Defence these days, that's why they want a dedicated bomber to replace the Su24.
    George1

Post  George1 on Mon Nov 09, 2015 12:44 pm

Bahrain became interested in Russian Mi-35

Russia May Deliver Onboard Defense System President-S to Algeria, Egypt

mack8

Post  mack8 on Mon Nov 09, 2015 11:10 pm

Not sure where this belongs as the customer is unknown, but i saw mentioned Algeria on mycitymilitary:

Russian manufacturer begins shipping of Buk missile system components to foreign customer
    http://linkis.com/tass.ru/en/defense/yQBdH

Atakor

Post  Atakor on Tue Nov 10, 2015 8:30 am

We signed a contract for Buk-M2E back in 2013, I think they are for us.
    George1

Post  George1 on Thu Dec 10, 2015 1:45 pm

Middle Eastern Countries Interested in Russian Armed Vehicles, Aircraft

Middle Eastern states are showing increased interest in Russian military hardware, the deputy head of Russia’s state arms exporter Rosoboronexport said Thursday.

KUWAIT CITY (Sputnik) — Many Middle Eastern countries have expressed increased interest in Russian military hardware, including armored vehicles and aircraft, at the Gulf Defence & Aerospace exhibition in Kuwait, the deputy head of Russia’s state arms exporter Rosoboronexport said Thursday.

"At Gulf Defence & Aerospace, we are representing Russia's military-industrial complex in all segments of the arms market. Significant interest is being expressed in Russian wheeled and tracked armored vehicles, combat helicopters and planes, military transport aircraft and combat training aircraft, different classes of air defense systems," Sergey Goreslavsky, who heads the joint delegation of Rosoboronexport and Russia's state hi-tech corporation Rostec at the event, said.

The arms exporter is offering its "Complex Defense Systems" package around the world, the deputy director added. The package includes a wide range of products for urban security, counter-terrorism, facility protection, border protection and natural disaster cleanups, he explained.

In November, the Dubai Airshow took place in the United Arab Emirates, where customers from the region showed interest in Russian air defense systems and aerial military technology, according to a Russian delegate at the event.

Egypt, Iraq and Syria have been Russia's traditional customers in the Middle East, while Saudi Arabia has begun to show interest in Russian defense systems more recently.

Russia Fulfills Infantry Fighting Vehicle Export Deal With Kuwait

Russia has effectively fulfilled its side of the deal to supply Kuwait with infantry fighting vehicles, the deputy head of Russia’s state arms exporter Rosoboronexport said Thursday.

"This year, we will complete the fulfillment of the contract to supply BMP-3M and BMP-3K infantry fighting vehicles to Kuwait. The last batch of the vehicles arrived in Kuwait in early November, which is currently undergoing the receipt process," Sergey Goreslavsky told RIA Novosti.

Without specifying the number of vehicles delivered to Kuwait under the deal, Goreslavsky emphasized that they had performed well in high temperatures, which in the Middle East can reach 50 degrees Celsius during the hottest months.

Russia Arms Exports Must Expand Gains Across Middle East

Russia must sustain the momentum it has gained in broadening its military-technical cooperation across the Middle East, Sergey Goreslavsky, the deputy head of Russia’s state arms exporter Rosoboronexport, said at Gulf Defence & Aerospace expo in Kuwait City on Thursday.

"Within the last few years, Russia has significantly expanded its military-technical cooperation with Middle Eastern countries. Our goal is to maintain the pace we have accomplished, and that is why we decided to take part in Gulf Defense & Aerospace," Goreslavsky, who heads the joint delegation of Rosoboronexport and Russia's state hi-tech corporation Rostec to the exhibition, told RIA Novosti.

The Gulf Defense & Aerospace-2015 Exhibition and Conference, taking place between December 8-10, has great potential in terms of promoting Russian arms exports in the Middle East, Goreslavsky added.

In November, many customers from the region showed interest in Russian air defense systems and aerial military technology at the Dubai Airshow in the United Arab Emirates, according to a Russian delegate at the event.

Various Russian military equipment has recently seen combat action in the Middle Eastern region, including bomber aircraft, multirole planes and rocket launcher systems.

Read more: http://sputniknews.com/russia/20151210/1031519323/russia-defence-army-interest.html#ixzz3tvBnEErp

George1

Post  George1 on Mon Apr 11, 2016 12:46 pm

Jordan Interested in Purchasing Russian Su-34 Bombers – Reports

Read more: http://sputniknews.com/military/20160411/1037799233/jordan-interested-russian-sukhoi.html#ixzz45VuW9zMk

Viktor

Post  Viktor on Fri Aug 19, 2016 6:47 pm

Would be great - and will see in few months thumbsup

The latest Russian submarine float to the Sahara

marat

Post  marat on Wed Jul 05, 2017 3:34 pm

https://lenta.ru/news/2017/07/04/t90s/?utm_source=lentatw&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=rossiya-prodala-tanki-t-90s-v-irak-i-viet

Kuwait bought 146 T-90MS

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed Aug 23, 2017 2:30 am