Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

Pantsir-S1 News Thread:

Hole

Re: Pantsir-S1 News Thread:

Post  Hole on Tue Nov 06, 2018 5:26 pm

I guess the guys in the Pantsir systems shoot at small UAV´s because it is fun. It is a warzone so nobody will punish them for "wasting" a few missiles.

Mindstorm

Post  Mindstorm on Tue Nov 06, 2018 8:06 pm

GarryB wrote:He claimed the operators were confused by birds

He....who ?

Who claimed all those absurdities ?

This is the "incrimed" post :

https://t.me/voenzhur/2475

From here :

http://telegramfor.me/chan.php?id=voenzhur&PAGE=13

This is the channel:

http://telegramfor.me/chan.php?id=voenzhur

Anyone can see anywhere any sign of the poor Виктор Мураховский ? (That has had the only sin to be a well known name in the field and to have unfortunately uploaded this on its Facebook pag Rolling Eyes e )

GunshipDemocracy

Location : fishin on Stalin´s Strait between Mexico and Canada

Post  GunshipDemocracy on Tue Nov 06, 2018 8:11 pm

@mindstorm - do you suggest it was somebody else wanting disgrace his name?

Mindstorm

Post  Mindstorm on Tue Nov 06, 2018 10:02 pm

GunshipDemocracy wrote:do you suggest it was somebody else wanting disgrace his name?

I do not believe in anything, please simply read the link i have provided and you also will not need to believe Very Happy

I repeat one more time the UNIQUE THING Виктор Мураховский has done is to host this post from "voenzhur" on its Facebook page ,probably without even controling its content, and has also readily removed it.

As the thing has been spreaded on Internet it appeared as the poor Виктор Мураховский had personally posted this non-sense on its Facebook page and subsequently had canceled its post, under the pressure from some hidden military power that want to prevent free journalists to criticize domestic products Razz Razz Razz Razz

GunshipDemocracy

Location : fishin on Stalin´s Strait between Mexico and Canada

Post  GunshipDemocracy on Wed Nov 07, 2018 3:52 am

Mindstorm wrote:As the thing has been spreaded on Internet it appeared as the poor Виктор Мураховский had personally posted this non-sense on its Facebook page and subsequently had canceled its post, under the pressure from some hidden military power that want to prevent free journalists to criticize domestic products Razz Razz Razz Razz  

got it

hoom

Post  hoom on Wed Nov 07, 2018 12:52 pm

Gur-Khan has the text http://gurkhan.blogspot.com/2018/11/blog-post_5.html

Very bad if true.

But there are aspects that seem doubtful eg as previously mentioned Pantsir are supposed to be operating as part of IAD & there are not just Pantsir radars in the area.

Also no mention of Pantsir-S2 which have definitely been seen there, pretty sure mostly S2 even.
    miketheterrible

Post  miketheterrible on Thu Nov 08, 2018 11:57 am

Here is that combat approved of Pantsir
    GarryB

Post  GarryB on Sat Nov 10, 2018 10:14 am

The sort of drones they are talking about are almost all plastic, with perhaps some minor metal parts in the motor (that could be electric) and any batteries.

This is the total nightmare situation for any air defence force and the fact that they are even detecting them and shooting them down is to their credit... they have shot down over 50 in the last month or so...

The fact that they are also detecting birds suggests they are also using optic systems which in the case of the low radar signature would be their best method of detecting such objects...

There is a recent episodes of Combat approved with Pantsir and TOR where the systems are tested against drone targets and it is mentioned how difficult they are for most air defence systems... in fact the most recent episode shows NEBO being used to detect drone targets too...
    Militarov

Post  Militarov on Sun Nov 11, 2018 8:14 pm

GarryB wrote:The sort of drones they are talking about are almost all plastic, with perhaps some minor metal parts in the motor (that could be electric) and any batteries.

This is the total nightmare situation for any air defence force and the fact that they are even detecting them and shooting them down is to their credit... they have shot down over 50 in the last month or so...

The fact that they are also detecting birds suggests they are also using optic systems which in the case of the low radar signature would be their best method of detecting such objects...

There is a recent episodes of Combat approved with Pantsir and TOR where the systems are tested against drone targets and it is mentioned how difficult they are for most air defence systems... in fact the most recent episode shows NEBO being used to detect drone targets too...

Polystyrene foam mostly actually with some plastic.

That would be me next to the one of drones captured in Syria, i just cut myself off.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Nov 19, 2018 7:11 am