Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues


    Russian Ground Forces: News #1

    AlfaT8
    AlfaT8

    Posts : 1740
    Points : 1735
    Join date : 2013-02-02

    Russian Ground Forces: News #1 - Page 22 Empty Re: Russian Ground Forces: News #1

    Post  AlfaT8 on Tue Apr 16, 2013 11:11 pm

    TR1 wrote:
    Pugnax wrote:Wow what a stroke of luck it seems a tantamount admission that British ,French or German technologies were the prime movers.Models are nice ,want to buy a very nice death star?

    What are you talking about?
    I think he's referring to GarryBs earlier post.
    GarryB
    GarryB

    Posts : 20657
    Points : 21211
    Join date : 2010-03-30
    Location : New Zealand

    Russian Ground Forces: News #1 - Page 22 Empty Re: Russian Ground Forces: News #1

    Post  GarryB on Wed Apr 17, 2013 11:39 am

    No, I think he is referring to all those British, French and German models at Lima 2013.

    No one deals death like the colonial powers of Europe it seems.
    TR1
    TR1

    Posts : 5562
    Points : 5574
    Join date : 2011-12-06

    Russian Ground Forces: News #1 - Page 22 Empty Re: Russian Ground Forces: News #1

    Post  TR1 on Fri Apr 19, 2013 10:36 pm

    Nona-K:

    http://i33.fastpic.ru/big/2013/0416/8d/c77bd20b2b08ecd74dddb47f05d23c8d.jpg
    http://i33.fastpic.ru/big/2013/0416/5f/e6cc15274ffac402ebf0aa3dea6e1b5f.jpg
    http://i48.fastpic.ru/big/2013/0416/2a/114ad98018be9b12404bd226f4cd4b2a.jpg

    DT-30:

    http://i46.fastpic.ru/big/2013/0416/7c/fa3f9fb96f7116a8b1117085df8b4d7c.jpg
    http://i47.fastpic.ru/big/2013/0416/f0/64f5e9d379fb9690677a5e3ffc1ccbf0.jpg
    avatar
    Austin

    Posts : 7288
    Points : 7685
    Join date : 2010-05-08
    Location : India

    Russian Ground Forces: News #1 - Page 22 Empty Re: Russian Ground Forces: News #1

    Post  Austin on Sun Apr 21, 2013 6:40 pm

    So Russian Army will be using both Tigr/Tigr-M and Scorpion-LTA as Light Transport ?

    Why these two types when they already build Iveco ? Can any one explain where these two types will be used ?


    Video Scorpion LTA https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uz7olhXl0NY&feature=share&list=UUx0U4oa1EOYhnujzL8Vvz8g
    GarryB
    GarryB

    Posts : 20657
    Points : 21211
    Join date : 2010-03-30
    Location : New Zealand

    Russian Ground Forces: News #1 - Page 22 Empty Re: Russian Ground Forces: News #1

    Post  GarryB on Mon Apr 22, 2013 11:55 am

    If you look at their specs the TigrM and Scorpion are different weight class vehicles.

    The Iveco will likely not see widespread production and use in the Russian military.
    TR1
    TR1

    Posts : 5562
    Points : 5574
    Join date : 2011-12-06

    Russian Ground Forces: News #1 - Page 22 Empty Re: Russian Ground Forces: News #1

    Post  TR1 on Tue Apr 23, 2013 12:14 am

    The plan is still for over 1300+ Ivecos to be produced it looks like.

    Scorpion is my favorite for an UAZ replacement.
    avatar
    Austin

    Posts : 7288
    Points : 7685
    Join date : 2010-05-08
    Location : India

    Russian Ground Forces: News #1 - Page 22 Empty Re: Russian Ground Forces: News #1

    Post  Austin on Wed Apr 24, 2013 12:02 pm

    Interview with Russian Airborne Force Chief Vladimir Shamanov.

    http://ria.ru/interview/20130424/934203290.html
    TR1
    TR1

    Posts : 5562
    Points : 5574
    Join date : 2011-12-06

    Russian Ground Forces: News #1 - Page 22 Empty Re: Russian Ground Forces: News #1

    Post  TR1 on Thu Apr 25, 2013 3:54 am

    http://zavodfoto.livejournal.com/728150.html

    More photos of AMZ production of Tigrs.
    TR1
    TR1

    Posts : 5562
    Points : 5574
    Join date : 2011-12-06

    Russian Ground Forces: News #1 - Page 22 Empty Re: Russian Ground Forces: News #1

    Post  TR1 on Mon Apr 29, 2013 7:42 am

    http://otvaga2004.ru/fotoreportazhi/voyennye-parady/tanki-sverxu/

    Nice photos (top view) of armored vehicles practicing for the Victory Parade in Ekaterinburg.
    Zivo
    Zivo

    Posts : 1488
    Points : 1514
    Join date : 2012-04-13
    Location : U.S.A.

    Russian Ground Forces: News #1 - Page 22 Empty Re: Russian Ground Forces: News #1

    Post  Zivo on Mon Apr 29, 2013 11:20 am

    TR1 wrote:http://otvaga2004.ru/fotoreportazhi/voyennye-parady/tanki-sverxu/

    Nice photos (top view) of armored vehicles practicing for the Victory Parade in Ekaterinburg.

    Stupid question, but how does that hatch work on the tigr? It looks like one solid plate.
    TR1
    TR1

    Posts : 5562
    Points : 5574
    Join date : 2011-12-06

    Russian Ground Forces: News #1 - Page 22 Empty Re: Russian Ground Forces: News #1

    Post  TR1 on Tue May 07, 2013 4:56 am

    Zivo wrote:
    TR1 wrote:http://otvaga2004.ru/fotoreportazhi/voyennye-parady/tanki-sverxu/

    Nice photos (top view) of armored vehicles practicing for the Victory Parade in Ekaterinburg.

    Stupid question, but how does that hatch work on the tigr? It looks like one solid plate.

    Good question, no idea. I thought it was a two part hatch, seems to be one plate.
    TR1
    TR1

    Posts : 5562
    Points : 5574
    Join date : 2011-12-06

    Russian Ground Forces: News #1 - Page 22 Empty Re: Russian Ground Forces: News #1

    Post  TR1 on Sun May 12, 2013 10:10 pm

    http://bmpd.livejournal.com/518409.html

    Not Russian, but Algerian BMP-2Ms.
    400 Recieved the Berezhok upgrade.
    TR1
    TR1

    Posts : 5562
    Points : 5574
    Join date : 2011-12-06

    Russian Ground Forces: News #1 - Page 22 Empty Re: Russian Ground Forces: News #1

    Post  TR1 on Mon May 13, 2013 5:21 am

    http://otvaga2004.mybb.ru/viewtopic.php?id=653&p=22#p262648

    Nice photos of T-72B3.
    The tank has new guns -2A46M5, but old V-84 engines.
    Modernization price also includes capital repairs, so not a terrible deal for 53 million rubles.
    TheArmenian
    TheArmenian

    Posts : 1814
    Points : 1965
    Join date : 2011-09-14

    Russian Ground Forces: News #1 - Page 22 Empty Re: Russian Ground Forces: News #1

    Post  TheArmenian on Mon May 13, 2013 12:23 pm

    TR1 wrote:http://bmpd.livejournal.com/518409.html

    Not Russian, but Algerian BMP-2Ms.
    400 Recieved the Berezhok upgrade.

    That will be a lot of KORNETs
    Regular
    Regular

    Posts : 2087
    Points : 2081
    Join date : 2013-03-10
    Location : Western Hemisphere.. mostly

    Russian Ground Forces: News #1 - Page 22 Empty 9F838 Russian laser tag combat system

    Post  Regular on Mon Jun 03, 2013 9:23 pm

    So it was said by someone here that Russian infantry is not using laser-tag systems and are generally lacking when it comes to infantry tactics.
    Read more about 9F838.
    http://www.arms-expo.ru/049057048048124051055053051.html
    I've seen it couple years ago, but never being used by army. Looks like it was updated.
    GarryB
    GarryB

    Posts : 20657
    Points : 21211
    Join date : 2010-03-30
    Location : New Zealand

    Russian Ground Forces: News #1 - Page 22 Empty Re: Russian Ground Forces: News #1

    Post  GarryB on Wed Jun 05, 2013 6:29 am

    Russia May Soon Adopt ‘Future Soldier’ Gear – Rogozin

    KOVROV, June 4 (RIA Novosti) – The Russian version of “future soldier” gear could be put into service with the armed forces in the near future, Deputy Prime Minister Dmitry Rogozin said Tuesday.

    Rogozin, who visited the privately owned Degtyarev small arms plant in central Russia, said the tests of domestically designed Ratnik (Warrior) gear had been completed.

    “There are some issues with small arms that should be addressed in the near future, and after that the gear will be adopted by the army,” Rogozin said.

    Ratnik comprises more than 40 components, including firearms, body armor and optical, communication and navigation devices, as well as life support and power supply systems, and even knee and elbow pads. The equipment can be used by regular infantry, rocket launcher operators, machine gunners, drivers and scouts.

    Many other nations have similar future soldier equipment programs in progress, including the U.S. Land Warrior, Germany's IdZ, Britain's FIST, Spain's COMFUT, Sweden's IMESS and France's FELIN.

    Rogozin stressed that the Russian gear would be superior in many ways to comparable NATO equipment.

    “And we stand by our words,” he said.

    source: http://en.rian.ru/military_news/20130604/181505784/Russia-May-Soon-Adopt-Future-Soldier-Gear--Rogozin.html

    So the kit is ready to go... just waiting on the new small arms... AK12SN no doubt or a competitor.
    GarryB
    GarryB

    Posts : 20657
    Points : 21211
    Join date : 2010-03-30
    Location : New Zealand

    Russian Ground Forces: News #1 - Page 22 Empty Re: Russian Ground Forces: News #1

    Post  GarryB on Wed Jun 05, 2013 6:33 am

    http://en.rian.ru/science/20130604/181503261/Russia-to-Build-Military-Robots-Lab.html

    Seems they are centralising their robotics development and spending some money to improve it... which is good IMHO.
    sepheronx
    sepheronx

    Posts : 7106
    Points : 7378
    Join date : 2009-08-06
    Age : 29
    Location : Canada

    Russian Ground Forces: News #1 - Page 22 Empty Re: Russian Ground Forces: News #1

    Post  sepheronx on Wed Jun 05, 2013 5:45 pm

    GarryB wrote:
    Russia May Soon Adopt ‘Future Soldier’ Gear – Rogozin

    KOVROV, June 4 (RIA Novosti) – The Russian version of “future soldier” gear could be put into service with the armed forces in the near future, Deputy Prime Minister Dmitry Rogozin said Tuesday.

    Rogozin, who visited the privately owned Degtyarev small arms plant in central Russia, said the tests of domestically designed Ratnik (Warrior) gear had been completed.

    “There are some issues with small arms that should be addressed in the near future, and after that the gear will be adopted by the army,” Rogozin said.

    Ratnik comprises more than 40 components, including firearms, body armor and optical, communication and navigation devices, as well as life support and power supply systems, and even knee and elbow pads. The equipment can be used by regular infantry, rocket launcher operators, machine gunners, drivers and scouts.

    Many other nations have similar future soldier equipment programs in progress, including the U.S. Land Warrior, Germany's IdZ, Britain's FIST, Spain's COMFUT, Sweden's IMESS and France's FELIN.

    Rogozin stressed that the Russian gear would be superior in many ways to comparable NATO equipment.

    “And we stand by our words,” he said.

    source: http://en.rian.ru/military_news/20130604/181505784/Russia-May-Soon-Adopt-Future-Soldier-Gear--Rogozin.html

    So the kit is ready to go... just waiting on the new small arms... AK12SN no doubt or a competitor.

    The new AEK-973 looks nice, but people love to bitch about the extra mechanical components, making it harder to clean and maintain in the field. I am not really interested in the AK-12 as I find it just a tacticooled variant of an AK-74M (well, maybe more ergonomic) and I figured that just getting the attachments for the AK-74M would be better for price wise.

    Ratnik though looks great and hope that at least the frontline troops and the special forces get it in numbers.
    GarryB
    GarryB

    Posts : 20657
    Points : 21211
    Join date : 2010-03-30
    Location : New Zealand

    Russian Ground Forces: News #1 - Page 22 Empty Re: Russian Ground Forces: News #1

    Post  GarryB on Thu Jun 06, 2013 2:49 am

    I am not really interested in the AK-12 as I find it just a tacticooled variant of an AK-74M (well, maybe more ergonomic) and I figured that just getting the attachments for the AK-74M would be better for price wise.

    The AK12 is not a tacticool Ak-74... they took the AK-74 as the base and looked at every criticism leveled at the design and tried to make the best possible AK-74 there could be without a fundamental change.

    It is very much the same as the Ak12 is to AK-74 what the T-90AM is to the T-90M, the Su-35S is to the Su-27P, the Mig-35S is to the Mig-29C.

    It is all the nice comfortable simple easy to use of western design with improved accuracy and the ability to add bits easily if you want to.

    I especially like the ability to use western rifle grenades... this gun is just very nice, but without a new gas operation method it will only be new materials and features that add a little to the cost.

    In comparison a balanced recoil mechanism rifle could fail in combat because when you cleaned it the night before in the cold and dark while you were hungry and tired and didn't align this bit with that bit when you put them back in the rifle.

    Add modularity and multi calibre performance in the AK12SN model and I think I have found a rifle I like even more than the ADS... and the ADS looks very cool.

    In fact it is better than western designs... most of which are designed for right handers. This rifle can be adapted for use by left and right handed people.

    BTW it should be mentioned that many of the prototypes for the AK had a more ergonomic design with the cocking handle on the left and other such features but they were dropped for various reasons.
    avatar
    SWAT Pointman

    Posts : 153
    Points : 161
    Join date : 2012-08-10

    Russian Ground Forces: News #1 - Page 22 Empty Re: Russian Ground Forces: News #1

    Post  SWAT Pointman on Fri Jun 07, 2013 9:01 pm

    GarryB wrote:
    I am not really interested in the AK-12 as I find it just a tacticooled variant of an AK-74M (well, maybe more ergonomic) and I figured that just getting the attachments for the AK-74M would be better for price wise.

    The AK12 is not a tacticool Ak-74... they took the AK-74 as the base and looked at every criticism leveled at the design and tried to make the best possible AK-74 there could be without a fundamental change.

    It is very much the same as the Ak12 is to AK-74 what the T-90AM is to the T-90M, the Su-35S is to the Su-27P, the Mig-35S is to the Mig-29C.

    It is all the nice comfortable simple easy to use of western design with improved accuracy and the ability to add bits easily if you want to.

    I especially like the ability to use western rifle grenades... this gun is just very nice, but without a new gas operation method it will only be new materials and features that add a little to the cost.

    In comparison a balanced recoil mechanism rifle could fail in combat because when you cleaned it the night before in the cold and dark while you were hungry and tired and didn't align this bit with that bit when you put them back in the rifle.

    Add modularity and multi calibre performance in the AK12SN model and I think I have found a rifle I like even more than the ADS... and the ADS looks very cool.

    In fact it is better than western designs... most of which are designed for right handers. This rifle can be adapted for use by left and right handed people.

    BTW it should be mentioned that many of the prototypes for the AK had a more ergonomic design with the cocking handle on the left and other such features but they were dropped for various reasons.
    Yes, it's certainly not just a "tacticool" Ak-74, features such as the rails are very important for adding modern accessories. I think the rifle grenades are mostly valueless. Almost every military that used rifle grenades has discontinued their use. The standard M16 and M4 doesn't have ambi controls, but quite a few other western rifles do. The SCAR and recently adopted ARX160 by the Italians has fully ambi controls. The gas system will remain the same, but certainly they will change the harmonics of the bolt carrier to lead to better accuracy and lower recoil, with the plan being that they won't sacrifice the traditional reliability of the AK-74.
    GarryB
    GarryB

    Posts : 20657
    Points : 21211
    Join date : 2010-03-30
    Location : New Zealand

    Russian Ground Forces: News #1 - Page 22 Empty Re: Russian Ground Forces: News #1

    Post  GarryB on Sat Jun 08, 2013 11:33 am

    I think the rifle grenades are mostly valueless.

    Well, the rifle is compatible with them... it is up to the user as to whether they bother with them or not as the modification to make them compatible doesn't really change the design very much nor impact the use of the rifle.

    Easier and more comfortable to use, more accurate, easy to add a huge range of existing western and new Russian equipment to... what more could you want?

    The added advantage is that new Russian kit will fit Russian and western weapons without modification or adaption (ie without additional cost) which means Russian makers suddenly have a much larger potential market.

    Who is sick of paying a grand for a red dot sight?
    avatar
    xeno

    Posts : 153
    Points : 156
    Join date : 2013-02-04

    Russian Ground Forces: News #1 - Page 22 Empty Re: Russian Ground Forces: News #1

    Post  xeno on Sat Jun 08, 2013 11:09 pm

    Russian Ground Forces: News #1 - Page 22 Boomer10
    Latest model of Boomerang APC.
    avatar
    SWAT Pointman

    Posts : 153
    Points : 161
    Join date : 2012-08-10

    Russian Ground Forces: News #1 - Page 22 Empty Re: Russian Ground Forces: News #1

    Post  SWAT Pointman on Sat Jun 08, 2013 11:29 pm

    GarryB wrote:
    I think the rifle grenades are mostly valueless.

    Well, the rifle is compatible with them... it is up to the user as to whether they bother with them or not as the modification to make them compatible doesn't really change the design very much nor impact the use of the rifle.

    Easier and more comfortable to use, more accurate, easy to add a huge range of existing western and new Russian equipment to... what more could you want?

    The added advantage is that new Russian kit will fit Russian and western weapons without modification or adaption (ie without additional cost) which means Russian makers suddenly have a much larger potential market.

    Who is sick of paying a grand for a red dot sight?
    Yes, I guess it doesn't hurt anything but allowing them to rifle grenades. Have you ever tried to mount optics on your AK? I think you said you have a Norinco.
    Cyberspec
    Cyberspec

    Posts : 2372
    Points : 2529
    Join date : 2011-08-08
    Location : Terra Australis

    Russian Ground Forces: News #1 - Page 22 Empty Re: Russian Ground Forces: News #1

    Post  Cyberspec on Sun Jun 09, 2013 1:42 am

    WTF is that APC with the big windows ?? Boomerang?
    TR1
    TR1

    Posts : 5562
    Points : 5574
    Join date : 2011-12-06

    Russian Ground Forces: News #1 - Page 22 Empty Re: Russian Ground Forces: News #1

    Post  TR1 on Sun Jun 09, 2013 1:46 am

    Looks like Kamaz 63969:

    http://img-fotki.yandex.ru/get/5646/94845085.cd/0_9b087_cc47fd6a_XL.jpg.jpg


    Sponsored content

    Russian Ground Forces: News #1 - Page 22 Empty Re: Russian Ground Forces: News #1

    Post  Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Mon May 27, 2019 2:30 am