Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

Arma 2 Combined Operations

Mr.Kalishnikov47
    Senior Sergeant
    Senior Sergeant

Arma 2 Combined Operations

Post  Mr.Kalishnikov47 on Fri Mar 23, 2012 3:21 pm

Anybody here play it?

It's about as realistic as you're gonna get without having actual bullets fly over your head.

gloriousfatherland
    Corporal
    Corporal

Re: Arma 2 Combined Operations

Post  gloriousfatherland on Sat Mar 24, 2012 1:36 am

get the mod called Project Reality for Arama....Its very realistic, and an awesome game...It takes team work and strategy my friend....When you play this, throw away that COD and BF3....i wish they had an xbox version though

Mr.Kalishnikov47
    Senior Sergeant
    Senior Sergeant

Post  Mr.Kalishnikov47 on Sat Mar 24, 2012 4:29 am

I believe the game is too big for Xbox or any console for that matter to run.

GarryB
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  GarryB on Sat Mar 24, 2012 5:50 am

I am afraid it has been a long time since I upgraded my computers, I must say I very much enjoyed playing operation flashpoint even though there were a few problems in my view.

TR1
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  TR1 on Sat Mar 24, 2012 6:40 am

I torrented it, with the intention to try it out, and see if its worth buying...and it ran like shit.

And my rig ain't old, 2500k i5 cpu, 6950 gpu, 8 gb ram...so the lack of optimization pissed me off and I haven't tried it since.

Getting awfully tempted to get a new GPU, or get a second 6950 this summer, so we will see, might give it another go.

Mr.Kalishnikov47
    Senior Sergeant
    Senior Sergeant

Post  Mr.Kalishnikov47 on Sat Mar 24, 2012 6:51 am

TR1 wrote:I torrented it, with the intention to try it out, and see if its worth buying...and it ran like shit.

And my rig ain't old, 2500k i5 cpu, 6950 gpu, 8 gb ram...so the lack of optimization pissed me off and I haven't tried it since.

Getting awfully tempted to get a new GPU, or get a second 6950 this summer, so we will see, might give it another go.

I don't think your rig is the problem, it's probably just because you torrented it. I torrented the Elder Scrolls Oblivion, and it wouldn't run properly either, not even on the lowest settings, where as I bought Skyrim, and it runs like a charm on ultra high settings. Never trust a torrent.

GarryB
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  GarryB on Sat Mar 24, 2012 9:46 am

I tried the legitimate demo of Flashpoint where you are an American soldier and are delivered by truck to a point over the hill from a small village, which you take. As you are moving down the hill from the top village to a village lower down enemy tanks start coming and you are supposed to do a runner down to the shoreline and get picked up in a helo that then gets shot down by a ZSU-23-4 and you parachute out and run to safety.

Well that is the scripted solution... I normally carefully hunt down each of the enemy soldiers so there is just armour in the lower villiage and then go down and start firing rockets at the tanks and take them all out.
    You can win if you clear the village.

The other thing I enjoy doing is during my escape without clearing the village to go over and take out the ZSU-23-4 before I go for the helo...

I must say I preferred the Red Hammer campaign where I was issued with Russian kit instead of having to take it off the dead like I did as the American.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content Today at 10:50 pm

Current date/time is Fri Dec 09, 2016 10:50 pm