Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

Russian Foreign Policy in the Middle East

T-47

Re: Russian Foreign Policy in the Middle East

Post  T-47 on Fri May 11, 2018 5:35 pm

par far wrote:
    This is very hard to do for Russia, if Russia does more military cooperation with Iran than more sanctions will come on Russia. I think the Iranians will turn to China for military cooperation, China is one country that the US cannot sanction without hurting itself. Iran needs about $15-$20 billion in arms and I think 90% of that money goes to China.

Why are you still expecting US won't do any further sanctions and stuffs against Russia anymore? Even if Russia just sit idle and start growing up their own economy, society, industry and army US will invent something from other universe and blame it on Russia and put sanctions or something. Remember Skripal case??
    It's better Russia-Iran both take the chance they have now. It's not just about buying-selling arms, it's about developing a cooperation.

PS: Tronald Dump will try to sanction China as well, if he feels like it! Do you really think he knows what he is doing? xD
    Isos

Post  Isos on Fri May 11, 2018 6:27 pm

The attack on the pantsir reminds me the video where we see SAA soldiers in the middle of a battle on the front not covered doing nothing and being hit by an ATGM.

crod

Post  crod on Sat May 12, 2018 12:47 am

PS: Tronald Dump will try to sanction China as well, if he feels like it! Do you really think he knows what he is doing? xD[/quote]

The Europeans are formulating counter sanctions against US, i suspect that there might (or perhaps not) be some behind doors discussions with China (as a partner on the deal) on this too for co-ordination purposes; Russia will not be privvy to them however due lack of appetite of anything Russian in Europe presently.
    The sledge hammer approach might be all swell on Capitol Hill but it rarely works, diplomacy more often than not is the winner, Trump will eventually learn this.
    The deal will remain though, 1) EU dont want to lose the billions in trade deals beacuse of the mad hatter across the Atlantic, 2) because Iran is all but fully compliant and 3) the Europeans know this is israels bidding.
    Iran should full steam look to china for their needs asap including military assistance. It should offer China a presence by way of a naval port, I am sure Beijing would find that offer most agreeable.
    George1

Post  George1 on Thu Oct 25, 2018 8:54 pm

MOSCOW, October 24./TASS/. Russian President Vladimir Putin said on Wednesday that he did not know at the moment whether he would be able to take part in a conference on Libya, due in Italy’s Palermo on November 12-13, but pledged that Russia would be represented there at a very high level.

More:
    http://tass.com/politics/1027646

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Dec 11, 2018 11:27 am