Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues


    2S35 Koalitsiya-SV 152mm

    Share

    cracker

    Posts : 232
    Points : 273
    Join date : 2014-09-04

    Re: 2S35 Koalitsiya-SV 152mm

    Post  cracker on Thu Apr 30, 2015 5:45 am

    i've read that 2S35 has 2 crew.... can't be possible?? wtf

    you tell me that ONE MAN can do all the tasks of an SPG?
    avatar
    Dima

    Posts : 1032
    Points : 1047
    Join date : 2012-03-22

    Re: 2S35 Koalitsiya-SV 152mm

    Post  Dima on Thu Apr 30, 2015 9:01 am

    ^ No it is clearly not two man crew. We have seen commander in the front, a drivers head in the front and also a third hatch in the front hull.
    Now from the above pic we can possibly see a hatch which suggests the turret can/is manned and the machine gun can be operated manually as well.

    So what gets...3 man or 4 man crew...maybe there is a 4th crew?
    avatar
    GarryB

    Posts : 16514
    Points : 17122
    Join date : 2010-03-30
    Location : New Zealand

    Re: 2S35 Koalitsiya-SV 152mm

    Post  GarryB on Thu Apr 30, 2015 1:14 pm

    The turret is unmanned... the MG on top is a remote weapon station.

    the three crew sit in the hull of the vehicle and consist of a driver, a commander and a gunner.

    All the loading is fully automated so no need for a manual loader.


    _________________
    “The West won the world not by the superiority of its ideas or values or religion […] but rather by its superiority in applying organized violence. Westerners often forget this fact; non-Westerners never do.”

    ― Samuel P. Huntington, The Clash of Civilizations and the Remaking of World Order
    avatar
    TR1

    Posts : 5680
    Points : 5708
    Join date : 2011-12-06

    Re: 2S35 Koalitsiya-SV 152mm

    Post  TR1 on Fri May 01, 2015 6:19 am

    "По секрету у Коалиции картузное заряжание. гильзы нет Картузы определяет расчет в зависимости от задачи. Механизм заряжания сам отсекает картузы, полный уменьшенный и тд. Вот это гуд. А базу поменяют на Армату"

    Wow.
    avatar
    Dima

    Posts : 1032
    Points : 1047
    Join date : 2012-03-22

    Re: 2S35 Koalitsiya-SV 152mm

    Post  Dima on Fri May 01, 2015 7:16 am

    Garry,
    The turret operation could be fully automated, but it looks like a hatch of semi-circular shape om top.


    TR1 wrote:"По секрету у Коалиции картузное заряжание. гильзы нет Картузы определяет расчет в зависимости от задачи. Механизм заряжания сам отсекает картузы, полный уменьшенный и тд. Вот это гуд. А базу поменяют на Армату"

    Wow.

    Yandex Translate wrote:The secret of the Coalition bag-loading. no shell casings, the cap determines the calculation depending on the task. The loading system itself cuts off the caps, full, reduced, etc. Here is the hood. And base change for Armata

    Google Translate wrote:In secret from the Coalition kartuznoe loading. No liner defines Kartuzy payment depending on the task. Loading mechanism itself cuts off caps, full of smaller and so on. This is buzzing. A base was changed to Armata
    avatar
    collegeboy16

    Posts : 1175
    Points : 1184
    Join date : 2012-10-05
    Age : 20
    Location : Roanapur

    Re: 2S35 Koalitsiya-SV 152mm

    Post  collegeboy16 on Fri May 01, 2015 7:42 am

    god, ive been using google translate for slavrunes when i shouldve been using yandex translate instead. lol!
    avatar
    Werewolf

    Posts : 5357
    Points : 5588
    Join date : 2012-10-24

    Re: 2S35 Koalitsiya-SV 152mm

    Post  Werewolf on Fri May 01, 2015 1:22 pm

    Yes, i also noticed that yandex seems better translator from german to english then google.
    avatar
    alexZam

    Posts : 343
    Points : 399
    Join date : 2015-04-23
    Location : SoCal

    Re: 2S35 Koalitsiya-SV 152mm

    Post  alexZam on Sat May 02, 2015 4:36 am

    Some more rare pix. Those are probably hard to find too... Too bad they canceled 2-barrel Koalitsiya

    Clickable for higher resolution.

    (1556Кб, 2704x1872)

     (580Кб, 1271x847)

     (48Кб, 520x360)
    avatar
    Morpheus Eberhardt

    Posts : 1942
    Points : 2059
    Join date : 2013-05-20

    Re: 2S35 Koalitsiya-SV 152mm

    Post  Morpheus Eberhardt on Sat May 02, 2015 6:23 am

    alexZam wrote:Some more rare pix. Those are probably hard to find too... Too bad they canceled 2-barrel Koalitsiya

    Clickable for higher resolution.

    (1556Кб, 2704x1872)



    I know there is a probability that the paraded 2S35 may use cut-to-size propellant charges, but can those who are interested go to the Giatsint thread at http://www.russiadefence.net/t2825-2s5-giatsint-s-2a36-giatsint-b-views-and-uses#90235 and see if the case shown for this variant of 2S35 here is identical to that of Giatsint and if Giatsint's case also has a slight bottle-necking.
    avatar
    GarryB

    Posts : 16514
    Points : 17122
    Join date : 2010-03-30
    Location : New Zealand

    Re: 2S35 Koalitsiya-SV 152mm

    Post  GarryB on Sat May 02, 2015 10:59 am

    The turret operation could be fully automated, but it looks like a hatch of semi-circular shape om top.

    In operation it would be unmanned but for maintainence you would need to get inside... even just to clear a jam or fix a broken component.

    The secret of the Coalition bag-loading. no shell casings, the cap determines the calculation depending on the task. The loading system itself cuts off the caps, full, reduced, etc. Here is the hood. And base change for Armata

    Very clever solution... the alternative would be to carry lots of different charge sizes or very small incremental charges that are added as needed.

    Cutting standard charges to size is interesting... I wonder if it recycles and uses the cut off propellent charges to fill fired charges enabling some charges to be reused.

    Note not all firing occurs at extended ranges so using less propellent means less recoil and less flight time... a full charge shot at a target say 12km away might need to be lofted up very very high so that it comes down only 12km away... this means the projectile will spend a lot of time in the air with more time to be influenced by wind speed and direction at different altitudes.

    Using less propellent means lower velocity but also not going up so high and spending less time in flight to shorter range targets.

    Some more rare pix. Those are probably hard to find too... Too bad they canceled 2-barrel Koalitsiya

    That last image you posted with the support truck and the people hand loading from the truck to the artillery piece is MSTA. Likely the same setup with Coalition wont require the crew to get out of the vehicle and will likely be rather more automated...


    _________________
    “The West won the world not by the superiority of its ideas or values or religion […] but rather by its superiority in applying organized violence. Westerners often forget this fact; non-Westerners never do.”

    ― Samuel P. Huntington, The Clash of Civilizations and the Remaking of World Order
    avatar
    Morpheus Eberhardt

    Posts : 1942
    Points : 2059
    Join date : 2013-05-20

    Re: 2S35 Koalitsiya-SV 152mm

    Post  Morpheus Eberhardt on Sat May 02, 2015 11:22 am

    The secret of the Coalition bag-loading. no shell casings, the cap determines the calculation depending on the task. The loading system itself cuts off the caps, full, reduced, etc. Here is the hood. And base change for Armata

    One important aspect of this solution is that you can put several projectiles on the same target area (or target) at the same time by using combinations of matching elevations and charge sizes.

    One outcome of this is that this capability achieves the same artillery effect amplification as a rate of fire of infinity, of course, limited by the number of projectiles that hit the target area at the same time.


    Last edited by Morpheus Eberhardt on Sat May 02, 2015 3:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
    avatar
    Werewolf

    Posts : 5357
    Points : 5588
    Join date : 2012-10-24

    Re: 2S35 Koalitsiya-SV 152mm

    Post  Werewolf on Sat May 02, 2015 3:28 pm

    Sounds like cool stuff, would like to see footage of it.

    ult

    Posts : 648
    Points : 688
    Join date : 2015-02-20

    Re: 2S35 Koalitsiya-SV 152mm

    Post  ult on Mon May 04, 2015 5:11 pm

    avatar
    alexZam

    Posts : 343
    Points : 399
    Join date : 2015-04-23
    Location : SoCal

    Re: 2S35 Koalitsiya-SV 152mm

    Post  alexZam on Mon May 04, 2015 10:12 pm

    MSTA vs Koalitsiya 

    avatar
    Viktor

    Posts : 5669
    Points : 6312
    Join date : 2009-08-25
    Age : 36
    Location : Croatia

    Re: 2S35 Koalitsiya-SV 152mm

    Post  Viktor on Tue May 05, 2015 12:23 am

    avatar
    alexZam

    Posts : 343
    Points : 399
    Join date : 2015-04-23
    Location : SoCal

    Re: 2S35 Koalitsiya-SV 152mm

    Post  alexZam on Tue May 05, 2015 12:45 am

    Large file size, high-res. By Andrey Kryuchenko, a_andreich.

    (5734Кб, 2176x3592)
    avatar
    GarryB

    Posts : 16514
    Points : 17122
    Join date : 2010-03-30
    Location : New Zealand

    Re: 2S35 Koalitsiya-SV 152mm

    Post  GarryB on Tue May 05, 2015 2:07 pm

    Gives new meaning to the Phrase " Hey nursey... am I pleased to see you or did I just put a canoe in my pocket?" (From Blackadder... third series... Lord Flashheart... RIP Rick.

    That is a big gun.


    _________________
    “The West won the world not by the superiority of its ideas or values or religion […] but rather by its superiority in applying organized violence. Westerners often forget this fact; non-Westerners never do.”

    ― Samuel P. Huntington, The Clash of Civilizations and the Remaking of World Order
    avatar
    collegeboy16

    Posts : 1175
    Points : 1184
    Join date : 2012-10-05
    Age : 20
    Location : Roanapur

    Re: 2S35 Koalitsiya-SV 152mm

    Post  collegeboy16 on Wed May 06, 2015 5:27 am

    is it just me or did someone else notice that the guns are turned ever so slightly to the left? methinks its part of the parade- like how the soldiers have the muzzle of their guns pointed away while they look at their right to the audience.
    avatar
    Werewolf

    Posts : 5357
    Points : 5588
    Join date : 2012-10-24

    Re: 2S35 Koalitsiya-SV 152mm

    Post  Werewolf on Wed May 06, 2015 8:25 am

    collegeboy16 wrote:is it just me or did someone else notice that the guns are turned ever so slightly to the left? methinks its part of the parade- like how the soldiers have the muzzle of their guns pointed away while they look at their right to the audience.

    Actually this gun stabilisators are centered and you get the impression of the turret being slightly off-center because of the angle of the camera.
    avatar
    zg18

    Posts : 881
    Points : 957
    Join date : 2013-09-26
    Location : Zagreb , Croatia

    Re: 2S35 Koalitsiya-SV 152mm

    Post  zg18 on Sat May 16, 2015 12:47 am

    avatar
    rtech

    Posts : 21
    Points : 23
    Join date : 2014-12-11

    Re: 2S35 Koalitsiya-SV 152mm

    Post  rtech on Sat May 16, 2015 10:54 am

    http://defence-blog.com/?p=5408

    Range of fire of Russian 2S35 «Koalitsiya-SV» has set a record for a modern field artillery. 2S35 «Koalitsiya-SV – Project for a new artillery system for the Russian land forces (SV = sukhoputniye vojska). The prototype consists of a 2S19 chassis with modified turret, fitted with an over-and-under dual autoloaded 152mm howitzer.

    The 2S35 «Koalitsiya-SV» has set a record of range of fire to 70 km. When tested with the experimental projectile Russian self-propelled artillery demonstrated a record distance of 70 kilometers.

    According to Russian military engineers, the new 2S35 can used high-explosive long-range precision-guided munitions with a maximum range of 70 km and high level of accuracy.
    avatar
    Viktor

    Posts : 5669
    Points : 6312
    Join date : 2009-08-25
    Age : 36
    Location : Croatia

    Re: 2S35 Koalitsiya-SV 152mm

    Post  Viktor on Sat May 16, 2015 9:12 pm

    Yup, another confirmation.

    Defense Ministry: "Coalition-SV" will receive a new precision-guided munitions

    Self-propelled artillery installation "Coalition-SV" has no analogues in the world. It is designed to defeat enemy personnel, its military equipment and fortifications. "Coalition-SV" is equipped with an autonomous power supply unit, the means to ensure a comfortable living crew, satellite navigation systems, secure communication and data communication and efficient information display system for the crew. Installation is capable of hitting targets at a distance of 70 kilometers.


    50% increased rate of fire thumbsup

    Defense Ministry: rate "Coalition-SV" increased 1.5 times

    "Rate compared to existing (systems) increased by 1.5 times. Rate of fire allows us to perform tasks in real-time mode, one or two minutes - fire raid, leaving the firing position, ie do protivoognevoy maneuver to avoid falling a retaliatory strike, "- said on Saturday Matveevsky broadcast radio "Russian news service".

    "In practice, self-propelled howitzer" Coalition-SV "allows for a new, improved form of the use of artillery units. That is, reducing the time to perform the task of fire" - said Major General.
    avatar
    magnumcromagnon

    Posts : 4488
    Points : 4661
    Join date : 2013-12-05
    Location : Pindos ave., Pindosville, Pindosylvania, Pindostan

    Re: 2S35 Koalitsiya-SV 152mm

    Post  magnumcromagnon on Sat May 16, 2015 9:22 pm

    Viktor wrote:Yup, another confirmation.

    Defense Ministry: "Coalition-SV" will receive a new precision-guided munitions

    Self-propelled artillery installation "Coalition-SV" has no analogues in the world. It is designed to defeat enemy personnel, its military equipment and fortifications. "Coalition-SV" is equipped with an autonomous power supply unit, the means to ensure a comfortable living crew, satellite navigation systems, secure communication and data communication and efficient information display system for the crew. Installation is capable of hitting targets at a distance of 70 kilometers.


    Shhhhh, don't tell the resident primadonna (the guy who likes to insult everyone in every thread) about this...he'll have your tar and feathered for speaking this. According to him it's impossible to have artillery that can reach 70 km, even though the South African's and their G6 spg's have had artillery rounds capable of hitting 67 km for quite some time. The psuedo-intellectual will tell you it's impossible...then proceed to scream, yell, and insult you like a child lol!
    avatar
    2SPOOKY4U

    Posts : 281
    Points : 294
    Join date : 2014-09-20

    Re: 2S35 Koalitsiya-SV 152mm

    Post  2SPOOKY4U on Sat May 16, 2015 9:23 pm

    magnumcromagnon wrote:
    Viktor wrote:Yup, another confirmation.

    Defense Ministry: "Coalition-SV" will receive a new precision-guided munitions

    Self-propelled artillery installation "Coalition-SV" has no analogues in the world. It is designed to defeat enemy personnel, its military equipment and fortifications. "Coalition-SV" is equipped with an autonomous power supply unit, the means to ensure a comfortable living crew, satellite navigation systems, secure communication and data communication and efficient information display system for the crew. Installation is capable of hitting targets at a distance of 70 kilometers.


    Shhhhh, don't tell the resident primadonna (the guy who likes to insult everyone in every thread) about this...he'll have your tar and feathered for speaking this. According to him it's impossible to have artillery that can reach 70 km, even though the South African's and their G6 spg's have had artillery rounds capable of hitting 67 km for quite some time. The psuedo-intellectual will tell you it's impossible...then proceed to scream, yell, and insult like a child lol!

    Remember, anything good is propaganda.

    Anything bad is true but overstated.
    avatar
    magnumcromagnon

    Posts : 4488
    Points : 4661
    Join date : 2013-12-05
    Location : Pindos ave., Pindosville, Pindosylvania, Pindostan

    Re: 2S35 Koalitsiya-SV 152mm

    Post  magnumcromagnon on Sat May 16, 2015 9:29 pm

    2SPOOKY4U wrote:
    magnumcromagnon wrote:
    Viktor wrote:Yup, another confirmation.

    Defense Ministry: "Coalition-SV" will receive a new precision-guided munitions

    Self-propelled artillery installation "Coalition-SV" has no analogues in the world. It is designed to defeat enemy personnel, its military equipment and fortifications. "Coalition-SV" is equipped with an autonomous power supply unit, the means to ensure a comfortable living crew, satellite navigation systems, secure communication and data communication and efficient information display system for the crew. Installation is capable of hitting targets at a distance of 70 kilometers.


    Shhhhh, don't tell the resident primadonna (the guy who likes to insult everyone in every thread) about this...he'll have your tar and feathered for speaking this. According to him it's impossible to have artillery that can reach 70 km, even though the South African's and their G6 spg's have had artillery rounds capable of hitting 67 km for quite some time. The psuedo-intellectual will tell you it's impossible...then proceed to scream, yell, and insult like a child lol!

    Remember, anything good is propaganda.

    Anything bad is true but overstated.

    And according to him Russia's military mismanaged more money than the US's military (which mismanaged over $8 trillion), even though that's a mathematical impossibility considering the difference in defense spending between the two countries over a 20 year time period. Of course when actually pressed for a source to back up his claim, he always went silent.

    Sponsored content

    Re: 2S35 Koalitsiya-SV 152mm

    Post  Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Thu Oct 19, 2017 5:50 am