Buk SAM system General Thread
- Posts : 5957
Points : 6369
Join date : 2010-05-08
Location : India
- Post n°351
New delivered "BuK-M3" AD bat. consists of:
- Posts : 5311
Points : 5356
Join date : 2015-09-02
Location : Serbia
- Post n°352
Austin wrote:New delivered "BuK-M3" AD bat. consists of:
Are those containers coming in pairs or each one separately? I see those "push to lock" mechanisms there.
- Posts : 2087
Points : 2127
Join date : 2010-08-18
- Post n°353
The second new Buk brigade formed. The unidentified as of yet unit will be stationed in the Buryatia Republic. It will be equipped with BUK-M2. The first new unit (90th) was just formed in the Rostov region and received the BUK-M3.
- Posts : 5668
Points : 6317
Join date : 2009-08-25
Age : 36
Location : Croatia
- Post n°354
franco wrote:The second new Buk brigade formed. The unidentified as of yet unit will be stationed in the Buryatia Republic. It will be equipped with BUK-M2. The first new unit (90th) was just formed in the Rostov region and received the BUK-M3.
And the final one - from now on, only BUK-M3
- Posts : 5957
Points : 6369
Join date : 2010-05-08
Location : India
- Post n°355
CEO NIIP Tikhomirov, Yuri White: "Among the mobile medium-range SAM equal complex" Buk-M3 'combat effectiveness, there is no "
For information on how to solve any problem capable of "Buk-M3", what its advantages over other mobile complexes of medium-range air defense missile system is planned to whether the offer for export has told to "Interfax-AVN" CEO NIIP Tikhomirov, Yuri WHITE.
- Yuri Ivanovich, what new SAM "Buk-M3" is different from the systems "Buk" of previous generations, which today are in service with the Army troops? -
SAM "Buk-M3" - this is the fourth generation of mobile systems, medium-range, which is the main developer of our institute. By the way, 23 January marks 50 years from the date adopted the first set of "Cube", which was delivered to 27 countries under the export name "Square". Despite his advanced age he still is in service with a number of countries and is still in the "Rosoboronexport" proposals come with a request for its modernization. A new generation of complex "Buk-M3", while maintaining the overall structure of the construction of SAM "Buk-M2", dramatically surpasses it in the main tactical and technical characteristics. Firstly, Ammunition missiles as part of the division significantly increased, which is obviously significantly increases the combat effectiveness of the complex at the reflection of a massive raid of air attack. Now on each self-propelled fire installation (SDA) instead of 4 ready for battle missiles located 6, and each launcher (PU) instead of 8 to 12 missiles. Second, significantly increased the kill zone the whole range of purposes from wind to tactical and cruise missiles, enhanced immunity, vitality and reliability of the system. Third, through the use of semikatkovyh (instead shestikatkovyh) crawler chassis increased throughput and load capacity of combat weapons complex, and the use of special transport-launch containers for missiles has improved performance.
- What is a rocket used in the SAM "Buk-M3": the same as in the previous complexes, or brand new?
Will she be able to hit ballistic and highly maneuverable high-speed targets such as cruise missile? - For SAM "Buk-M3" Dolgoprudnenskoye NPP is designed and manufactured entirely new missile 9M317M that has no analogues in the world in its class. Unlike 9M317 missile complex "Buk-M2" of its performance characteristics are increased by almost half, and, of course, greatly increased performance for the defeat of tactical ballistic missiles and cruise missiles. However, in the new complex is provided and shooting missiles 9M317 by using start-charging units (ROM) from the SAM "Buk-M2".
- Has practical shooting SAM "Buk-M3" before sending them to the troops, whether in these firings military experts involved?
- Yes, of course, provided such shooting applicable standards for the transfer of technology public customers. Including held with the participation of military experts on the successful launch of a target simulating a tactical ballistic missiles. With regard to military staff calculations, these firings are usually carried out later.
- How it was organized retraining crews on SAM "Buk-M3"? -
The developer task is to create a design and operational documentation. Furthermore, the state customer usually orders combat weapons development simulators complex. A self learning calculations carried out in special training centers of the Ministry of Defence.
- When delivered Russian Defense Ministry complex will step up combat duty?
- The answer to a question - the competence of the government customer
Whether the development is underway Marine version of the complex "Buk-M3"?
- The development of naval air defense system - it is not our profile. Marine air defense systems such as "Calm", "Hurricane", which used missile complexes series "Beech", developing other businesses VKO Group "Almaz-Antey".
- Will SAM "Buk-M3" offered for export, and if so, when advertising a passport for that product will be issued?
- Yes, the task set by the Group CEO of EKO "Almaz-Antey" Ian V. Novikov, and currently is working on a passport image export. On approval of the parent organizations, we offered to give the name of the export version of the complex - "Area". The proposed name is associated with the name of the first-generation air defense system in export version - "Square". It appears that the wide popularity of the complex "Square" abroad will contribute to successful promotion in the external market complex "Buk-M3E" ( "Area"), figuratively speaking - "Square" with a bang!
- Do you have SAM "Buk-M3" foreign counterparts?
- According to information available to us on the combat effectiveness among mobile complexes class of medium-range equal complex "Buk-M3 'does not exist. To some extent, can be attributed to an analog of the complex European SAMP-T.
- The forum "Army 2016" was announced, that started development work on the creation of anti-aircraft missile systems of medium-range fifth generation. How long does it take to develop this complex, when it can be put into service?
- Yes, the company EKO "Almaz-Antey" took a principled decision on the continuation of work on the line SAM "Buk" without waiting for the official registration of the TOR (terms of reference) from the Ministry of Defense. This decision was approved by a panel MIC and such work takes place at the expense of own funds of the Group. From domestic and foreign experience of creating such complex high-tech systems require about 7-10 years. Of course, we all hope that the period of development will not be repeated "hard times" of the 1990s.
- Posts : 9954
Points : 10446
Join date : 2011-12-22
Location : Greece
- Post n°356
MOSCOW, January 23. /TASS/. A fifth-generation anti-aircraft missile system based on the Buk medium-range air defense missile complex can be developed within 7-10 years, Director of the Tikhomirov R&D Institute of Instrument-Making Yuri Bely told TASS.
"There's no smoke without fire.", Georgy Zhukov