Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+90
Maximmmm
franco
JohninMK
Rmf
PapaDragon
zepia
Cplnew83
OminousSpudd
jhelb
Rodinazombie
higurashihougi
George1
mack8
GunshipDemocracy
Book.
Flanky
ExBeobachter1987
rtech
Cyberspec
Dima
max steel
KoTeMoRe
Honesroc
Tyloe
mutantsushi
collegeboy16
kvs
VladimirSahin
Regular
bantugbro
Kyo
zidzu
F-15E
GarryB
wilhelm
type055
par far
GJ Flanker
Werewolf
Hannibal Barca
magnumcromagnon
AlfaT8
Big_Gazza
Firebird
arpakola
Feldmarszal
EKS
Hachimoto
navyfield
redgiacomo
Mike E
fragmachine
Asf
flamming_python
macedonian
TheArmenian
Flyingdutchman
Vann7
highlander3
Deep Throat
Sujoy
dionis
Zivo
Shadåw
ricky123
Mr.Kalishnikov47
KomissarBojanchev
medo
TR1
ahmedfire
AbsoluteZero
runaway
Ogannisyan8887
Hoof
IronsightSniper
Austin
milky_candy_sugar
NationalRus
Cléo
Serbia Forever 2
Viktor
Sukhoi37_Terminator
IBRIS
Jelena
soldieroffortune
Vladislav
sepheronx
Admin
Stealthflanker
Russian Patriot
94 posters

Mistral News thread

kvs
    kvs

Mistral News thread - Page 31 Empty Re: Mistral News thread

Post  kvs Wed May 27, 2015 2:57 am

I don't think that Russia will use China as intermediaries. Serdyukov's little venture is finally dead and buried. Good riddance.
    KomissarBojanchev
    KomissarBojanchev

Post  KomissarBojanchev Wed May 27, 2015 4:08 am

The refusal to get mistrals and the aspiration for replacement is IMO a shitty decision. Why waste 2 perfectly good helicopter carriers that still have a massive chance to be delivered due to being unarmed and french economic considerations being swapped for paper ships that will take decades to build? If it takes 5 years to build a corvette and 5 more to "test" the prostpect for a russian built larfge helicopter carrier is arriving on time is impossible.

IMO Russia needs these 2 ships far more in the long term than the $2 billion. And why instead of Lavrov repeating the delicate ultradiplomatic BS that he knows the west won't listen to, openly sues for broken contract for at least 5-10 times the worth of the mistrals by stressing that they're not compliant to sanctions due to being unarmed and effectively civilian vessels?
    GunshipDemocracy
    GunshipDemocracy

Location : fishin on Stalin´s Strait between Mexico and Canada

Post  GunshipDemocracy Wed May 27, 2015 6:52 am

KomissarBojanchev wrote:The refusal to get mistrals and the aspiration for replacement is IMO a shitty decision.

Like in west there are any laws besides steal from Russia. Vide Yukos where criminals have granted compensation. By Mikey Mouse court.

Strange in US Madoff was not really compensated.

BTW why Mistral is so capable unlike Russian design?

Book.
    Book.

Post  Book. Wed May 27, 2015 7:02 am

Cyberspec wrote:Sounds like it would be similar in size to the Mistral's but like mentioned above, with nuclear propulsion....it's to have anti-aircraft and anti-sub weaponry

Deputy Chairman of the Industry Committee of the State Duma Vladimir Gutenev noted that in the case of the need for a ship like "Mistral" for the Armed Forces, it would be similar in size to the Mistral, but with a nuclear power plant. Equipped with "air defense and antisubmarine defense. "

РИА Новости http://ria.ru/defense_safety/20150526/1066636532.html#ixzz3bHsqYjfO

Project 22220 icebreaker

Mistral News thread - Page 31 EXt3dNl

Mini atomic plant ready

Russia hold Mistra doc.

make the copy?
    GunshipDemocracy
    GunshipDemocracy

Post  GunshipDemocracy Wed May 27, 2015 7:30 am

France should pay fines for non delivery of Misrals

Now I got what fine French products mean. Pay fines Very Happy

http://tass.ru/armiya-i-opk/1996275
    MOSCOW, may 26. /TASS/. The head of the Duma Committee on defense Vladimir Komoedov (Communist party) believes that France should have to pay fines for non-delivery of Russian "Mistral".
    "In addition to the costs - direct and indirect - I think it is necessary to impose a penalty for dishonesty, public indecency," said the MP TASS today. In his opinion, Russia should be consulted on this issue in the international legal instance. "It's not going Jean and Ivan (and contract), flew in the air at the time, defended, and fight together learned, and now...", - stated with regret Komoedov

Book. wrote:

Mini atomic plant ready

Russia hold Mistra doc.

make the copy?

Why copy inferior Misral design? better to update 1178/11780. BTW 11780 could with slight modification take air wing 6-8 MiG-29k
    and the rest you can find here
    http://nevskii-bastion.ru/11780-udk/

Project 11780
    Mistral News thread - Page 31 11780_01

Last edited by GunshipDemocracy on Wed May 27, 2015 11:59 am; edited 1 time in total
    mack8
    mack8

Post  mack8 Wed May 27, 2015 10:51 am

GD, just bare in mind that the small drawing you posted belongs to the project 10200 Khalzan based on a Ro-ro civilian hull, not of the pr.11780 Kherson. But yeah, a nuclear powered Kherson?! That would be well sweet, and also groundbreaking, no one made a nuclear powered LHD or LHA before. Very Happy
    GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Wed May 27, 2015 11:40 am

Well I suspect they had solid plans for the use of these two Mistrals, so with the detailed design of the Mistrals at hand they could easily redesign it to their needs... nuke power would extend range and increase speed, while a redesign of the armament will make it safer in international waters and more compatible with other Russian vessels.

They will be able to incorporate chances related to their new land vehicles and further modify it for new potential aircraft including UCAVs...

I don't think they should waste their time with a real carrier replacement... they are a different program for a different role.

this is a landing vessel with trucks and armoured vehicles and after the initial landings it would use its hovercraft and helos to unload supplies from transport vessels... it wont be an air defence carrier and wont need MiGs.
    GunshipDemocracy
    GunshipDemocracy

Post  GunshipDemocracy Wed May 27, 2015 12:20 pm

mack8 wrote:GD, just bare in mind that the small drawing you posted  belongs to the project 10200 Khalzan based on a Ro-ro civilian hull, not of the pr.11780 Kherson. But yeah, a nuclear powered Kherson?! That would be well sweet, and also groundbreaking, no one made a nuclear powered LHD or LHA before. Very Happy

How annoying you are Razz edited corrected. This was to be Kherson indeed. Nobody before made tank like Armata either. The point here is about range an d dual use. Exactly as planned in Soviet Union. French need Mistrals to introduce colonial rule where is uranium, crude or other deposits. sorry to defend human rights. US to invade one peaceful an d rich in resources nations.
    None of this is task for Russian fleet AFAIK
    GunshipDemocracy
    GunshipDemocracy

Post  GunshipDemocracy Wed May 27, 2015 12:49 pm

GarryB wrote:Well I suspect they had solid plans for the use of these two Mistrals, so with the detailed design of the Mistrals at hand they could easily redesign it to their needs... nuke power would extend range and increase speed, while a redesign of the armament will make it safer in international waters and more compatible with other Russian vessels.

They will be able to incorporate chances related to their new land vehicles and further modify it for new potential aircraft including UCAVs...

I don't think they should waste their time with a real carrier replacement... they are a different program for a different role.

this is a landing vessel with trucks and armoured vehicles and after the initial landings it would use its hovercraft and helos to unload supplies from transport vessels... it wont be an air defence carrier and wont need MiGs.

I believe that Soviet concept was much better for RN. Two roles by design (AC/LHD) and 30-50% more displacement. Not to mention better sea worthiness in Arctic. Russia in medium term needs more helicopter ASW AC with eventual air wing than truck to carry troops.
    medo
    medo

Post  medo Wed May 27, 2015 3:09 pm

This 11780 ship looks great, but I would change it a little. I would take off those heavy guns and just keep air defense weapons. I would also prolong the flight deck to the beginning of the ship and get additional take off and landing space. With more tick and quality flight deck, they could place a group ( 6 to 8 ) of VSTOL fighters Yak-141 on them for protection of the ship and for support of the marines.

Russia could start building them in the new Zvezda shipyard in Vladivostok, which is capable of building large ships. They have machinery and tools to cud and veld ship parts and before they will put those parts together in a ship, shipyard will be finished. I'm not sure which shipyard could start building them for Northern fleet.
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin Wed May 27, 2015 6:26 pm

higurashihougi wrote:Now I wonder what France is going to do with the Mistral ? Sell it to... China ? Shocked

Probably Canada and a Scandinavian country if the discount is deep enough. They are in need of Arctic certified vessels.
    KoTeMoRe
    KoTeMoRe

Post  KoTeMoRe Wed May 27, 2015 6:38 pm

Vladimir79 wrote:
    higurashihougi wrote:Now I wonder what France is going to do with the Mistral ? Sell it to... China ? Shocked

Probably Canada and a Scandinavian country if the discount is deep enough.  They are in need of Arctic certified vessels.  

Well so far the rumour has it that the vessels cannot be ceded to a NATO-party if they want to re-sell them. So the only possibility is Sweden, with a billion Euro pricetag, which the Swedish MoD doesn't have, plus about half a billion for armament and refit. Ergo about 20 to 25% extension to the current budget.
    GunshipDemocracy
    GunshipDemocracy

Post  GunshipDemocracy Wed May 27, 2015 7:46 pm

KoTeMoRe wrote:
    Vladimir79 wrote:

Probably Canada and a Scandinavian country if the discount is deep enough.  They are in need of Arctic certified vessels.  

Well so far the rumour has it that the vessels cannot be ceded to a NATO-party if they want to re-sell them. So the only possibility is Sweden, with a billion Euro pricetag, which the Swedish MoD doesn't have, plus about half a billion for armament and refit. Ergo about 20 to 25% extension to the current budget.

So far they rely on active protection against Russian submariners Laughing . But wtf - Sweden has access to arctic shelf?

Mistral News thread - Page 31 The_Singing_Sailor

sepheronx
    sepheronx

Post  sepheronx Wed May 27, 2015 9:39 pm

Vladimir79 wrote:

We cant even afford it. We reduced federal taxes and our deficit increased. Add to that, we are planning a ridiculous amount of corvettes that are being built by an incapable shipyard that is now facing major issues and delays. Add to that, we are now making cutbacks to the military.

Ships that are important for arctic use, Submarines, are none existent in Canada. We got none. We bought 3 of them from England and 1 of them caught fire and is now out of commission. So we got 2 others that are sitting at a dock cause we don't even have torpedo's that fit the bloody thing.

Count Canada out.
    kvs
    kvs

Post  kvs Wed May 27, 2015 10:47 pm

sepheronx wrote:
    Vladimir79 wrote:

We cant even afford it.  We reduced federal taxes and our deficit increased.  Add to that, we are planning a ridiculous amount of corvettes that are being built by an incapable shipyard that is now facing major issues and delays.  Add to that, we are now making cutbacks to the military.

Ships that are important for arctic use, Submarines, are none existent in Canada.  We got none.  We bought 3 of them from England and 1 of them caught fire and is now out of commission.  So we got 2 others that are sitting at a dock cause we don't even have torpedo's that fit the bloody thing.

Count Canada out.

Yeah, what a joke. But our dear leader Harper is sure keen on treating environmental groups like terrorists.
    sepheronx
    sepheronx

Post  sepheronx Wed May 27, 2015 11:22 pm

kvs wrote:
    sepheronx wrote:
    Vladimir79 wrote:

We cant even afford it.  We reduced federal taxes and our deficit increased.  Add to that, we are planning a ridiculous amount of corvettes that are being built by an incapable shipyard that is now facing major issues and delays.  Add to that, we are now making cutbacks to the military.

Ships that are important for arctic use, Submarines, are none existent in Canada.  We got none.  We bought 3 of them from England and 1 of them caught fire and is now out of commission.  So we got 2 others that are sitting at a dock cause we don't even have torpedo's that fit the bloody thing.

Count Canada out.

Yeah, what a joke.  But our dear leader Harper is sure keen on treating environmental groups like terrorists.  

Harper has been and always will be a fool. Although, he is not at fault for the lack of jobs and poor business practices in Canada, he isn't helping. As well, it is his cabinet that has had so many cost overruns and then over spending. Now they make great cuts and what not.

Anything Canada promises they will do, take with a grain of sand. Unless it is whatever US peddles.
    Tyloe

Post  Tyloe Thu May 28, 2015 4:07 am

What are the chances that they'll be scrapped instead? If they're too expensive to sell or preserve and they's no other demand, then they're left to be destroyed. Probably used as two dumb targets in an 'exercise' to make the best out of them. It would be a waste of fresh steel but it would symbolic to what happens when you have no independent policy on your own foreign relations and trade.
    Rodinazombie

Post  Rodinazombie Thu May 28, 2015 9:19 am

Tyloe wrote:What are the chances that they'll be scrapped instead? If they're too expensive to sell or preserve and they's no other demand, then they're left to be destroyed. Probably used as two dumb targets in an 'exercise' to make the best out of them. It would be a waste of fresh steel but it would symbolic to what happens when you have no independent policy on your own foreign relations and trade.

I hope thats what happens to them - it will serve the french right for having no backbone and caving in under US pressure. Any self respecting nation with an independent foreign policy would have told them to butt out and mind their own business.
    GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Thu May 28, 2015 9:54 am

This 11780 ship looks great, but I would change it a little. I would take off those heavy guns and just keep air defense weapons. I would also prolong the flight deck to the beginning of the ship and get additional take off and landing space. With more tick and quality flight deck, they could place a group ( 6 to 8 ) of VSTOL fighters Yak-141 on them for protection of the ship and for support of the marines.

I disagree... I think take off those 130mm twin guns and fit 152mm twin guns... 70km range guided shells with a 10m CEP would be excellent naval gun support weapons... I would not bother with the fixed wing aircraft... S-350, S-400 and S-500 based missiles would effectively make it a well protected vessel anyway, plus the Ka-52Ns with R-77 AAMs and AESA radars should make the vessel safe enough... while still keeping numbers of onboard Helos high.

Nothing ruins a helicopter carrier more than having lots of fixed wing aircraft on board.

The primary role is to support landed forces... fixed wing air support can come from a larger carrier... this helicopter carrier can provide serious landing capabilities from ships with lots of cargo to shore using lots of heavy transport helos, plus some attack helos to attack targets. the fixed wing carrier can provide air support in the form of MiG-29K2s and Su-33s upgraded, while CAS support can come from the Ka-52Ns. Ka-29s can deliver troops rapidly and bring back wounded soldiers, while Ka-27s can transfer weapons and ammo and food from the ships in the battle group and also take wounded back to the helicopter carrier.

Australia might buy them... NZ certainly can't afford them...

The Russians don't currently have any vessels optimised for humanitarian interventions... (I mean real ones... not contrived ones like the west create...)

From disaster relief in case of a natural or man made disaster, to just visiting the Pacific Islands offering medical assistance to some of the poorest nations on the planet... nations that have votes in the UN...
    KoTeMoRe
    KoTeMoRe

Post  KoTeMoRe Thu May 28, 2015 10:44 am

Tyloe wrote:What are the chances that they'll be scrapped instead? If they're too expensive to sell or preserve and they's no other demand, then they're left to be destroyed. Probably used as two dumb targets in an 'exercise' to make the best out of them. It would be a waste of fresh steel but it would symbolic to what happens when you have no independent policy on your own foreign relations and trade.

There is a demand, it's only that the demand isn't welcomed by the two parties at hand. Russia doesn't want the vessel to land in a Nato-party (and I assume Australia would be NO-GO over its Ukraine stance), France (and NATO) doesn't want to cede the two to countries "like Russia" (IE China). There isn't much demand for the BPC's, because they're fraught with Russian approval and an horrendous price tag (as said count about 1.5 bln) to recoup the losses (if they have to payback the 1.2 bln Eur to Russia). If penalties are applied, there might be even a more important sum to spill.

On every aspect this is going, towards either a later delivery to Russia or very problematic resale to a third party wich would probably still integrate it to the NATO system. Sweden, if the price is right might acquire them, budget be damned. NZ/AUS fall both into a NO GO area for China (complicating the approval for Russia), Taiwan equally.
    collegeboy16
    collegeboy16

Post  collegeboy16 Thu May 28, 2015 12:16 pm

GarryB wrote:
    Australia might buy them... NZ certainly can't afford them...

The Russians don't currently have any vessels optimised for humanitarian interventions... (I mean real ones... not contrived ones like the west create...)

From disaster relief in case of a natural or man made disaster, to just visiting the Pacific Islands offering medical assistance to some of the poorest nations on the planet... nations that have votes in the UN...
    contrived and created, isnt it the same thing?
    Tyloe

Post  Tyloe Thu May 28, 2015 1:56 pm

Australia has no interest in Mistrals since they've already in a deal for two Spanish LHDs.
    KoTeMoRe
    KoTeMoRe

Post  KoTeMoRe Thu May 28, 2015 2:05 pm

Tyloe wrote:Australia has no interest in Mistrals since they've already in a deal for two Spanish LHDs.

Totally forgot about the Juan Carlos BPE.
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin Thu May 28, 2015 8:58 pm

KoTeMoRe wrote:
    Vladimir79 wrote:

Once the money is returned, the contract is nullified leaving DCNS free to do whatever they want with them.
    mutantsushi

Post  mutantsushi Thu May 28, 2015 10:53 pm

Even the French say because Russia constructed one block of the ship, and issues the certificate for that portion,
    that they cannot sell the whole ship off without Russia's approval... In their negotiations they seek to ensure
    that Russia will approve transfering that certificate, but of course, the decision on that is still in Russia's court.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:47 pm