Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+90
Maximmmm
franco
JohninMK
Rmf
PapaDragon
zepia
Cplnew83
OminousSpudd
jhelb
Rodinazombie
higurashihougi
George1
mack8
GunshipDemocracy
Book.
Flanky
ExBeobachter1987
rtech
Cyberspec
Dima
max steel
KoTeMoRe
Honesroc
Tyloe
mutantsushi
collegeboy16
kvs
VladimirSahin
Regular
bantugbro
Kyo
zidzu
F-15E
GarryB
wilhelm
type055
par far
GJ Flanker
Werewolf
Hannibal Barca
magnumcromagnon
AlfaT8
Big_Gazza
Firebird
arpakola
Feldmarszal
EKS
Hachimoto
navyfield
redgiacomo
Mike E
fragmachine
Asf
flamming_python
macedonian
TheArmenian
Flyingdutchman
Vann7
highlander3
Deep Throat
Sujoy
dionis
Zivo
Shadåw
ricky123
Mr.Kalishnikov47
KomissarBojanchev
medo
TR1
ahmedfire
AbsoluteZero
runaway
Ogannisyan8887
Hoof
IronsightSniper
Austin
milky_candy_sugar
NationalRus
Cléo
Serbia Forever 2
Viktor
Sukhoi37_Terminator
IBRIS
Jelena
soldieroffortune
Vladislav
sepheronx
Admin
Stealthflanker
Russian Patriot
94 posters

Mistral News thread

Flyingdutchman
    Flyingdutchman

Mistral News thread - Page 20 Empty Re: Mistral News thread

Post  Flyingdutchman Sat Oct 11, 2014 1:10 pm

sepheronx wrote:http://en.itar-tass.com/economy/753719

Once again france, Ukraine is not a stipulation in the contract. Point of a contract is you cant change it upon will and if there is a date set for delivory, they cant change it over something none related. If EU wants to out pressure on Russia, Russia needs to apply pressure back and tell france either delivor it on time or face the consequences. France then will show their true face then.

What consequences?
    magnumcromagnon
    magnumcromagnon

Post  magnumcromagnon Sat Oct 11, 2014 7:00 pm

Flyingdutchman wrote:

Once again france, Ukraine is not a stipulation in the contract. Point of a contract is you cant change it upon will and if there is a date set for delivory, they cant change it over something none related. If EU wants to out pressure on Russia, Russia needs to apply pressure back and tell france either delivor it on time or face the consequences. France then will show their true face then.

What consequences?

A huge fine stipulated in the contract, that is in fact many times larger than the sum of money to deliver the Mistrals (because Moscow predicted their would be problems). Francois Hollande truly is an imbecile, so I'm not surprised that he's one of the least popular politicians in recent French political history.
    Mike E
    Mike E

Post  Mike E Sun Oct 12, 2014 2:08 am

magnumcromagnon wrote:
    Flyingdutchman wrote:

What consequences?

A huge fine stipulated in the contract, that is in fact many times larger than the sum of money to deliver the Mistrals (because Moscow predicted their would be problems). Francois Hollande truly is an imbecile, so I'm not surprised that he's one of the least popular politicians in recent French political history.
    I've recently heard that the minimum payment to Russia if the deal is cancelled, is ~3.8 billion... That would be pretty devastating, more so when they already built the ships. That being said, Russia could put that money to good use... Maybe a carrier, or a couple more Boreis with that money would sure as heck send a message!  Twisted Evil
    sepheronx
    sepheronx

Post  sepheronx Sun Oct 12, 2014 3:19 am

Flyingdutchman wrote:

What consequences?

Consequences are:

-Payback for going against contract is much more than the ships value
    -Losing the image of being a trustworthy supplier. Could damage image and thus prevent further sales in the future from Russia and other countries.
    KomissarBojanchev
    KomissarBojanchev

Post  KomissarBojanchev Sun Oct 12, 2014 8:51 am

I read in wikipedia that the mistral will only have AK-630 and seperate gibka launchers . Although its still better than brownings this ISN'T a step into the future. I guess garry's and my excpectations for a pantsyr or kashtan armed mistral were wrong. I don 't understand why the russians of all people would choose such a minimalistic AA armament approach for one of their most important ships. Couldn't they just slapped on a palash if space was a concern(which I serously doubt)?
    Mike E
    Mike E

Post  Mike E Sun Oct 12, 2014 8:58 am

KomissarBojanchev wrote:I read in wikipedia that the mistral will only have AK-630 and seperate gibka launchers . Although its still better than brownings this ISN'T a step into the future.  I guess garry's and my excpectations for a pantsyr or kashtan armed mistral were wrong. I don 't understand why the russians of all people would choose such a minimalistic AA armament approach for one of their most important ships.  Couldn't they just slapped on a palash if space was a concern(which I serously doubt)?
    Yeah, cause wiki is such a great source... In all honesty, the armament of the Russian Mistrals appears to be highly secretive, though I doubt they'd resort to -630's. Anyone know more on this subject?

I think that it will be equipped with the Palash (at least) myself, as RU Navy is using them on the Gorshkov. A couple of them plus a Pantsir-M or 9M100 system of some kind would be more than adequate...

EDIT; From what I just found, it will have two Palash CIWS, two Gibka launchers, two twin-barreled A-220M guns, and two AK-630's... If this is true, that would add up to a pretty capable defensive armament. Can this be confirmed?
    GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Sun Oct 12, 2014 10:36 am

Wiki is just amateur speculation that actually sounds just like the Russian equivalent of the French armament.

And the Russians are known to give their ships good armaments.
    higurashihougi
    higurashihougi

Post  higurashihougi Sun Oct 12, 2014 11:03 am

GarryB wrote:Wiki is just amateur speculation that actually sounds just like the Russian equivalent of the French armament.

What about Russian Wikipedia ?
    Mike E
    Mike E

Post  Mike E Mon Oct 13, 2014 1:07 am

higurashihougi wrote:
    GarryB wrote:Wiki is just amateur speculation that actually sounds just like the Russian equivalent of the French armament.

What about Russian Wikipedia ?

It wouldn't be any better... The problem is the terrible editors + open source "design". Anyone who has access to the site can change it.

GarryB is right about the "equivalent" part. That being said, it is still hard to find good info on the armament.
    TR1
    TR1

Post  TR1 Mon Oct 13, 2014 2:05 am

KomissarBojanchev wrote:I read in wikipedia that the mistral will only have AK-630 and seperate gibka launchers . Although its still better than brownings this ISN'T a step into the future.  I guess garry's and my excpectations for a pantsyr or kashtan armed mistral were wrong. I don 't understand why the russians of all people would choose such a minimalistic AA armament approach for one of their most important ships.  Couldn't they just slapped on a palash if space was a concern(which I serously doubt)?

This has been known for a while.

You might get Duet if you have been extra good this year, but don't count on it.

I expect Gibka and AK-630.
    GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Tue Oct 14, 2014 6:04 am

I remember a poster than included Gibka, but it also included a 57mm gun turret and Palma.

Mistral News thread - Page 20 Cwxo1710

Translations?
    KomissarBojanchev
    KomissarBojanchev

Post  KomissarBojanchev Tue Oct 14, 2014 6:10 am

It has a radar positiv-ME1, palash ciws,gibka. Want me to translate further?
    Mike E
    Mike E

Post  Mike E Tue Oct 14, 2014 8:35 am

OK GarryB, that matches up with what I found... Good!

russia russia russia
    GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Tue Oct 14, 2014 11:13 am

Want me to translate further?

The critical part... bottom left... last line...

Does it say sources: and then name manufacturers of the weapons?

I can tell it is Itar-TASS.

What I want to know is is this official or just speculation...

BTW Palma with laser homing missiles and 30mm gatlings, plus a 57mm gun turret with laser homing shells offers quite effective defence, with Gibka and Duet.... any attacking threat would face several significant barriers to reaching these ships.

Werewolf
    Werewolf

Post  Werewolf Tue Oct 14, 2014 12:53 pm

GarryB wrote:
    Want me to translate further?

The critical part... bottom left... last line...

Does it say sources: and then name manufacturers of the weapons?

I can tell it is Itar-TASS.

What I want to know is is this official or just speculation...

BTW Palma with laser homing missiles and 30mm gatlings, plus a 57mm gun turret with laser homing shells offers quite effective defence, with Gibka and Duet.... any attacking threat would face several significant barriers to reaching these ships.

Yes, it states the sources the source kbtochmash.ru they produce Palma
    http://www.kbtochmash.ru/productions-service/production/

typhoon-jsc.ru produces the Positive-ME1 radar.
    http://typhoon-jsc.ru/index.php/production-and-services/special-purpose/pozitiv-me1

and ratep.ru does not give much information

So yes this are not just speculations but manufactorers numbers.
    par far

Mistral News thread - Page 20 Empty Mistral class ships

Post  par far Mon Oct 20, 2014 2:00 am

What technology, weapons and Helicopters does Russia plan on using for the Mistral class ships(assuming Russia gets them?

Which Fleet will get the Mistral class ships?

What part of the world will Russia use the Mistral class in?
    Mike E
    Mike E

Post  Mike E Mon Oct 20, 2014 2:17 am

AFAIK, when it comes to weapons, it will have....  Two Palash CIWS, two Gibka launchers, two twin-barreled A-220M guns, and two AK-630's 

So it looks to be a capable defensive armament. If I'm wrong, it will have one of each system.
    TR1
    TR1

Post  TR1 Mon Oct 20, 2014 5:29 am

It will have Ak-630 and Gibka, and probably nothing else.

The big technology (apart from building process) that is supposed to come with them is Zenit.
    Mike E
    Mike E

Post  Mike E Mon Oct 20, 2014 5:33 am

TR1 wrote:It will have Ak-630 and Gibka, and probably nothing else.

The big technology (apart from building process) that is supposed to come with them is Zenit.
    Sources and the picture-thingy GarryB posted suggest otherwise, though the AK-630 and Gibka are the only confirmed weapons so far. We'll need to wait on this one, there is a lack of information to say the least!
    TR1
    TR1

Post  TR1 Mon Oct 20, 2014 5:40 am

Those sources are typical infographics that are always innacurate as hell. Is there any good source that points to it?
    The graphics made by the French builder shows the Russian spec ship with only Ak-630 and Gibka.

For example, can you show me that double barell A-220M exists? Burevestnik has only started testing the single barrel version, and it has not even been mounted on any vessel yet. The Mistrals contract wise are/were supposed to be handed over very soon, I doubt they planned to get the ships, then wait years for new weapons to become available, before commissioning the ship.

It doesn't add up. But Gibka and good old AK-630 does.
    Mike E
    Mike E

Post  Mike E Mon Oct 20, 2014 5:47 am

TR1 wrote:Those sources are typical infographics that are always innacurate as hell. Is there any good source that points to it?
    The graphics made by the French builder shows the Russian spec ship with only Ak-630 and Gibka.

For example, can you show me that double barell A-220M exists? Burevestnik has only started testing the single barrel version, and it has not even been mounted on any vessel yet. The Mistrals contract wise are/were supposed to be handed over very soon, I doubt they planned to get the ships, then wait years for new weapons to become available, before commissioning the ship.

It doesn't add up. But Gibka and good old AK-630 does. 
    Here we go again...

And? Who said the French builder is aware of the exact armament? The Palash's can be mounted with ease, probably even with modifications to the ship...

Nope, but can you show me that is doesn't exist? A double-barreled variant wouldn't be hard to design or produce when the original is completed. This could be an add-on over time kind of thing anyway.

It doesn't add up... That is the Russian equivalent of the Frenchs' armament and not much more.
    TR1
    TR1

Post  TR1 Mon Oct 20, 2014 6:19 am

I'll be sure to bump this when the armament is exactly as I claim it will be.
    Mike E
    Mike E

Post  Mike E Mon Oct 20, 2014 6:41 am

TR1 wrote:I'll be sure to bump this when the armament is exactly as I claim it will be.
    Ok! Not saying it isn't Gibka + AK-630, as I said earlier, those two are just about confirmed. The others seem to be on-board as well, only time will tell...
    Werewolf
    Werewolf

Post  Werewolf Mon Oct 20, 2014 7:01 am

There is plenty of space on the Mistral and russia is not under arming their weapon plattforms like other countries do, russia is prone of using lot of weaponary on vessels.
    Mike E
    Mike E

Post  Mike E Thu Oct 23, 2014 11:50 pm

Kremlin Threatens to Sue France Over Possible Mistral Contract Breach

SOCHI, October 23 (RIA Novosti) - Russia will sue France if Paris refuses to honor a contract on construction of two Mistral-class helicopter carriers for the Russian Navy, Kremlin chief of staff Sergei Ivanov said Thursday.
    "We will file a lawsuit and demand compensation [if the contract is not fulfilled], as it's commonly done in a civilized world," Ivanov told reporters.
    "It's up to Paris to decide whether to honor thecontract or not," he said.
    "We share long-running history of Russian-French relations, and we would not want to see these relations being sacrificed for the sake of fleeting [political] trends, Ivanov added.
    Russia and France signed a 1.2 billion euro ($1.5 billion at the current exchange rate) deal for two Mistral-class ships in June 2011. The first carrier, the Vladivostok, is expected in Russia by the end of 2014. The second ship, the Sevastopol, is supposed to arrive in 2015.
    The completion of the deal has been at risk since the West started implementing targeted economic sanctions against Russia over the Ukrainian crisis.
    In September, French President Francois Hollande threatened to suspend the ships' delivery over Russia's alleged involvement in the conflict in Ukraine, which Moscow has repeatedly denied.
    Hollande later stated he would make a decision on the ships' delivery in late October. The French president said that the delivery of the ships would be dependent on two conditions: an observed ceasefire in Ukraine and a political settlement of the conflict.
    On September 30, deputy director general at Russia's state arms exporter Rosoboronexport Igor Sevastyanov said Russia and France could sign the act on delivering the first Mistral-class helicopter carrier to Russia in late October or early November.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:12 pm