Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

A-135 anti-ballistic missile system

TR1
    Colonel
    Colonel

Re: A-135 anti-ballistic missile system

Post  TR1 on Thu Jan 31, 2013 9:14 am

Mindstorm wrote:

The most internal (and also the less publicly known) strategic defensive layer of Soviet/Russian most critical sites awaken from its long slumber.

http://izvestia.ru/news/541076

Do we have any non-Izvestya sources about this?

Very interesting to put mildly, but anything Izvestya touches smells like manure to me.

DIMMI has a small article on the system, but I have not seen any indication it ever entered service...?

Mindstorm
    Captain
    Captain

Post  Mindstorm on Thu Jan 31, 2013 2:31 pm

BTW Mindstorm can you tell me why the RV from ICBM are so slow once they enter into the atmosphere ?

What speed it is in few km above the earth and isnt it easy to intercept such slow RV ?

Slow ?

Oh no Austin, the RVs you see in that video are descending from stratosphere at a speed greater than 6 km /sec (theirs azhimut reveal clearly that the shooting point must be at least 6000 km far Wink ), the perspective illusion that generate this false impression of .....slow speed Razz ....is the same in play when you see a very distant aircraft traveling ,apparently, of few meters at second in the air Wink

An interceptor shot against those RVs and traveling at Mach 7 or 8 would appear ,under the same perspective projection, terribly slow at comparison.

Austin
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  Austin on Thu Jan 31, 2013 2:55 pm

Thanks For Clarifying it Mindstorm Smile

indochina
    Private
    Private

Post  indochina on Tue Feb 19, 2013 3:42 am

Accuracy of this system was to intercept asteroids recently?

GarryB
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  GarryB on Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:10 am

No, the A-135 is the ABM system from the Cold War that protected Moscow from a decapitation strike.

Now that the ABM treaty no longer exists they could probably expand the system and put facilities around St Petersberg and perhaps ports like Vladivostok and Murmansk, with the mobile S-400 and S-500 systems filling in the gaps around the place.

“The West won the world not by the superiority of its ideas or values or religion […] but rather by its superiority in applying organized violence. Westerners often forget this fact; non-Westerners never do.”

― Samuel P. Huntington, The Clash of Civilizations and the Remaking of World Order

Mindstorm
    Captain
    Captain

Post  Mindstorm on Wed Apr 24, 2013 9:18 am

Moscow ABM to be not only modernized but expanded with new items......

http://ria.ru/defense_safety/20130424/934250235.html

Viktor
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  Viktor on Wed Feb 12, 2014 2:59 pm

Great .... missile shield will expand and "you can take that to the bank"  Very Happy 

Russia's nuclear shield is still powerful - Shoigu

"I have to tell you that the country's nuclear shield is still powerful and strong and absolutely everything is being done for it. We have several thousands of planes and helicopters. We have a powerful missile shield, a powerful air defense system, we have the most modern missile and air defense systems, no one has any doubts about that," Shoigu said.

Viktor
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  Viktor on Wed May 07, 2014 2:11 pm

Nice  thumbsup 

Radar "Don-2N" Moscow ABM system will be improved - "News"

Viktor
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  Viktor on Sat Aug 30, 2014 6:37 pm

New missile for A-135/225 launched thumbsup

In Russia being tested new missile defense system for Moscow

Mike E
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  Mike E on Sat Aug 30, 2014 6:46 pm

Outstanding! Now all we need is the S-500's to be stationed and those two systems should be more than a adequate.

Morpheus Eberhardt
    Colonel
    Colonel

53T6

Post  Morpheus Eberhardt on Mon Oct 27, 2014 12:28 pm

53T6 ABM on a 5T92 transloader

Morpheus Eberhardt
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  Morpheus Eberhardt on Tue Oct 28, 2014 9:56 am

The four ports visible in the nozzle are probably the ports for the gas injection thrust-vector system.

Mike E
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  Mike E on Tue Oct 28, 2014 3:50 pm

Morpheus Eberhardt wrote:The four ports visible in the nozzle are probably the ports for the gas injection thrust-vector system.
    It uses a gas-injection thrust-vectoring system? I thought those were still in developmental stages...

Vann7
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  Vann7 on Tue Nov 04, 2014 2:34 am

Morpheus Eberhardt wrote:53T6 ABM on a 5T92 transloader

Russia military weapons are state of the art.. but they continue being decade(s) behind the west in quality of their facilities.. Look at that military base.. how expensive can be to hire prisoners from any jail to cut the Lawn in their military bases?  they will do it even for free ,just to have a day off their jail .Unfortunately The conditions of Russia military bases are not different from third world nations. You will never see an american military base in such conditions.. never.  Look at the wall on that base very poor condition.. that place is supposed to be a top security one for Russia where nuclear weapons will also be transported on trucks and you see how careless is Russia for their facilities..Im afraid there is a bigger problem ,deep inside every Russian society when comes to their environment and their infrastructure to be in good shape.. Any military in the west the first thing they will think when looking at that photo is whether or not its poor military base conditions are a reflection of how their military hardware technology also works. Moscow for example made it in the list of one of the top dirty cities in the world..

http://hassam.hubpages.com/hub/25-Most-Dirtiest-Cities-In-The-World

i was told that it was the weather.. but thats bullshit.. because in Chechenia such problems don't happen , neither in more colder places like norway or finland that are very clean. Is a problem with Russian society ,that pay no attention to the presentation ,and good condition of their environment.. This could be understood in AFrica third world nations but not in RUssia.  The Government of russia neither do anything to promote people to take care of their facilities ,infrastructure and environment and their bad conditions infrastructure and environment problem is not only military bases but the entire nation. Having good quality military base is not only important for its appearance but also for its security..

as a westerner , i didn't knew anything about Russia..and i believed always that Russia was much better than advertised in the west in mainstream media.. still however the most striking thing for me about Russia since i began to research that still don't understand is why Russian people are so careless about the quality of their environment and infrastructure.. whether is military or civilian when it comes to the outside is terrible. Just last night saw 2 different reports ,totally not connected to each other.. one was about german community living in southern Russia and the other was Americans working in moscow as english teachers.. in both the issue of Russia lack of care for tthe conditions of its environment came to light..  The German living Russia ,was explaining that it was very easy to know which houses live germans and which ones live Russians.
    He told the german houses are the only ones clean.  Shocked  and this was not moscow ..And that was kind of sad..  In Moscow is funny to see traffic with very expensive cars mercedes ,BMWs ,that obviously from wealthy people and all of them very dirty . The American English teacher was saying something similar.. that she visited many houses in Moscow of friends and noticed the same thing that even thought city is very expensive ,is how careless is Russian society for the conditions of things.. that she visited  very high quality luxury apartments that had every thing that you could want ..but that their entrance was always dirty . You can see her report here..

http://rbth.com/arts/2014/04/17/in_summer_moscow_is_the_best_place_on_earth_35991.html

So its kind of Sad that whenever i see a report or documentary of Russia ,of people explaining how it is to live there..
    again and again the issue of the poor conditions of Russia infrastructure or poor maintainance  comes to light..  
    Here is for example a documentary of Top Guns in Russia.. where american pilots visited to share experience..
    and they NOT SURPRISINGLY were shocked by the poor quality of Russia military bases .Lawn not cut and birds flying freely everywhere..that can be a major problem for the safety of their military planes. This have nothing to do with cost .. but a culture thing more than anything.

I saw another video..totally unrelated of any of this.. it was 2 americans in chechenia.. and they noticed the big difference between moscow and chechenia..of the quality of their cities. Chechens cares about how their cities look
    and likes to have in good shape their environments and Russians not.  I have been inside American regular military bases before ,and i can tell you the first thing you will notice when you enter in one , is the conditions of their facilities and roads conditions are very top of the line. nearly perfect.

As i said is not only military bases but also cities.. Here is for example Moscow.. what is supposed to be the place in Russia that better represent the nation.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/varlamov/sets/72157629328744002/

And here is one machine that someone should suggest to the Russian Government.. and buy thousands of them..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N8CRGRm0z9A

Even though im mixing military with civilian infrastructure and also technology is all connected. Is all about quality and image.. that Russians do not care. Is more a culture problem of Russian society . Russia have a Big problem of image..is seen as inferior . Image and perception is everything in Business , you could produce the best technology in the world but if doesn't look good and not presented nicely it will not sell. This is the reason Russia have been unable to score any sale to Latin American of their planes .other than very leftist nations like venezuela or Cuba.. Because in the west people care about quality of things,about how they look..this is something very deep into people minds that they can't change.. things needs to look good to sell.  And Russia have been unable to  convince they have superior military technology than what Europe or US sells because their planes looks like made with a hammer with obsolete tech. Argentina now is asking to buy Light European Saab combat jets.. and NOT Russian ones..They don't need anything revolutionary ,since most likely will never be used ..just good looking planes for the airforce image.. All this have to do with perception.. people again and again and rightly so see Russia as inferior to what US and Europe offers in terms of quality.. and Russia is doing nothing to show they care about quality..and that only cares about functionality .if it works then thats good enough for them.  Neutral   Probably the reason of Russia erratic philosophy is their lack of experience in capitalism.  They have not enough experience in capitalism ,and in business .. Which image IS EVERYTHING .  THis is why Apple is so successful they sale crap that is inferior to what their competition have have but because looks very good ,and very modern and well presented to the public it sell better.

Last edited by Vann7 on Tue Nov 04, 2014 3:08 am; edited 1 time in total

sepheronx
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  sepheronx on Tue Nov 04, 2014 3:01 am

A missile silo does not need cut grass.
    What the hell is your problem? Most stupid post you have made yet.

Instead of relying on media to sway your opinion, I think it may help you to visit Russia and its "vast" amount of cities and towns. If you need media to tell you how clean something is, then I am afraid to tell you that you need to step outside.

kvs
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  kvs on Tue Nov 04, 2014 6:21 am

I wish my f*cking neighbours would stop with their endless, noisy lawnmower activity from spring to late fall. It's a freaking
    obsession. Let the grass grow higher and cut it half as often. Also, those stupid loud motors should be banned. Apply
    regulations requiring a muffler or something.

There is too much out of date information about Russia being spewed by the western media. Take a look at the new factories
    of Almaz-Antey. They have come a really long way in 10 years. Back in 2004 their plants were falling apart and water was
    damaging their decrepit manufacturing equipment. You can't blame them for being in this state since Russian military production
    companies were not paid anywhere near enough to keep themselves afloat. Their workers basically kept them going for free during
    the 1990s. The rot had already set in during the late 1980s and in 20 years most things will collapse without enough resources.

Flanky
    Sergeant
    Sergeant

Post  Flanky on Sun Jan 04, 2015 12:04 am

Hmmm i would like to know more about the new A-235 interceptor. I have only read here and there some unconfirmed infos that this system would not be a terminal stage interception system like A-135. This system should be more of a Russian GBI equivalent. Any infos on that?

Stealthflanker
    Major
    Major

Post  Stealthflanker on Sun Jan 04, 2015 12:24 am

Mike E wrote:
    It uses a gas-injection thrust-vectoring system? I thought those were still in developmental stages...

They're practical since hmm 60's or 70's US Trident used it though they use freon as injection fluid. Russians used it in boost stage of 9M82 and 9M83 missiles but Russian system tap hot gas from the combustion chamber as injection fluid.

Austin
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  Austin on Mon Apr 13, 2015 8:05 pm

Info on A-235/A-135

http://www.mk.ru/politics/2014/08/24/moskvu-ot-yadernogo-napadeniya-prikroet-superkompleks-samoletm.html

George1
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  George1 on Sat Jun 20, 2015 4:57 am

Russia tests missile defense interceptor

On June 9, 2015 the Air and Space Defense Forces successfully tested a short-range interceptor of the A-135 missile defense system, which is deployed around Moscow. The interceptor, apparently 53T6, known as Gazelle, was launched at 11:32 MSK and is said to have successfully reach its target. The test was supported by the Sary-Shagan crews of the Strategic Rocket Forces and industry representatives.

Militarov
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  Militarov on Thu Sep 03, 2015 8:38 am

Russia military weapons are state of the art.. but they continue being decade(s) behind the west in quality of their facilities.. Look at that military base.. how expensive can be to hire prisoners from any jail to cut the Lawn in their military bases?  they will do it even for free ,just to have a day off their jail .Unfortunately The conditions of Russia military bases are not different from third world nations. You will never see an american military base in such conditions.. never.  Look at the wall on that base very poor condition.. that place is supposed to be a top security one for Russia where nuclear weapons will also be transported on trucks and you see how careless is Russia for their facilities..Im afraid there is a bigger problem ,deep inside every Russian society when comes to their environment and their infrastructure to be in good shape.. Any military in the west the first thing they will think when looking at that photo is whether or not its poor military base conditions are a reflection of how their military hardware technology also works. Moscow for example made it in the list of one of the top dirty cities in the world..

i was told that it was the weather.. but thats bullshit.. because in Chechenia such problems don't happen , neither in more colder places like norway or finland that are very clean. Is a problem with Russian society ,that pay no attention to the presentation ,and good condition of their environment.. This could be understood in AFrica third world nations but not in RUssia.  The Government of russia neither do anything to promote people to take care of their facilities ,infrastructure and environment and their bad conditions infrastructure and environment problem is not only military bases but the entire nation. Having good quality military base is not only important for its appearance but also for its security..

as a westerner , i didn't knew anything about Russia..and i believed always that Russia was much better than advertised in the west in mainstream media.. still however the most striking thing for me about Russia since i began to research that still don't understand is why Russian people are so careless about the quality of their environment and infrastructure.. whether is military or civilian when it comes to the outside is terrible. Just last night saw 2 different reports ,totally not connected to each other.. one was about german community living in southern Russia and the other was Americans working in moscow as english teachers.. in both the issue of Russia lack of care for tthe conditions of its environment came to light..  The German living Russia ,was explaining that it was very easy to know which houses live germans and which ones live Russians.
    He told the german houses are the only ones clean.  Shocked  and this was not moscow ..And that was kind of sad..  In Moscow is funny to see traffic with very expensive cars mercedes ,BMWs ,that obviously from wealthy people and all of them very dirty . The American English teacher was saying something similar.. that she visited many houses in Moscow of friends and noticed the same thing that even thought city is very expensive ,is how careless is Russian society for the conditions of things.. that she visited  very high quality luxury apartments that had every thing that you could want ..but that their entrance was always dirty . You can see her report here..

So its kind of Sad that whenever i see a report or documentary of Russia ,of people explaining how it is to live there..
    again and again the issue of the poor conditions of Russia infrastructure or poor maintainance  comes to light..  
    Here is for example a documentary of Top Guns in Russia.. where american pilots visited to share experience..
    and they NOT SURPRISINGLY were shocked by the poor quality of Russia military bases .Lawn not cut and birds flying freely everywhere..that can be a major problem for the safety of their military planes. This have nothing to do with cost .. but a culture thing more than anything.

I saw another video..totally unrelated of any of this.. it was 2 americans in chechenia.. and they noticed the big difference between moscow and chechenia..of the quality of their cities. Chechens cares about how their cities look
    and likes to have in good shape their environments and Russians not.  I have been inside American regular military bases before ,and i can tell you the first thing you will notice when you enter in one , is the conditions of their facilities and roads conditions are very top of the line. nearly perfect.

As i said is not only military bases but also cities.. Here is for example Moscow.. what is supposed to be the place in Russia that better represent the nation.

And here is one machine that someone should suggest to the Russian Government.. and buy thousands of them..

Even though im mixing military with civilian infrastructure and also technology is all connected. Is all about quality and image.. that Russians do not care. Is more a culture problem of Russian society . Russia have a Big problem of image..is seen as inferior . Image and perception is everything in Business , you could produce the best technology in the world but if doesn't look good and not presented nicely it will not sell. This is the reason Russia have been unable to score any sale to Latin American of their planes .other than very leftist nations like venezuela or Cuba.. Because in the west people care about quality of things,about how they look..this is something very deep into people minds that they can't change.. things needs to look good to sell.  And Russia have been unable to  convince they have superior military technology than what Europe or US sells because their planes looks like made with a hammer with obsolete tech. Argentina now is asking to buy Light European Saab combat jets.. and NOT Russian ones..They don't need anything revolutionary ,since most likely will never be used ..just good looking planes for the airforce image.. All this have to do with perception.. people again and again and rightly so see Russia as inferior to what US and Europe offers in terms of quality.. and Russia is doing nothing to show they care about quality..and that only cares about functionality .if it works then thats good enough for them.  Neutral   Probably the reason of Russia erratic philosophy is their lack of experience in capitalism.  They have not enough experience in capitalism ,and in business .. Which image IS EVERYTHING .  THis is why Apple is so successful they sale crap that is inferior to what their competition have have but because looks very good ,and very modern and well presented to the public it sell better.[/quote]

First of all in Russian army, you do not pay someone to cut your grass, you find a soldier smoking during guard duty and you send him to cut the grass, okay? Its called discipline. Second, who da Hell cares about grass, its not even tall at all... what do you expect them to do, cut the grass every 2 days? Moscow "top dirty city in the world"? You havent traveled alot thats for sure, go visit any harbor city in Japan you will change your opinion very quickly. Cars in Moscow are dirty coz weather, and fact that i do not wash my car either every day, you know why? I dont care about it, i am not obsessed with my car. And everyones home/house in Russia where i visited was very clean, occasionally you can see dirty staircase or elevator but i dont remember being in country where they are all clean, even in Germany some of them look like they keep goats in them.

Birds fly freely everywhere around airfields not only Russia, exception are civilian airfields where they have to chase them away coz they are often in urban area with alot of pigeons, military airfields are mostly out of urban areas and amount of birds there is small, at least birds that will come near humans and cause issues on landings and takeoffs. Also you kinda should fix your english, its not very nice and appealing, i think you wont be able to sell it anywhere, looks like it was made with "hammer and outdated tech".

max steel
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  max steel on Mon Sep 28, 2015 10:01 am

If A-135 is in service and can it shoot down icbms ?

magnumcromagnon
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  magnumcromagnon on Mon Sep 28, 2015 2:11 pm

max steel wrote:If A-135 is in service and can it shoot down icbms ?

It was completely replaced by A-235, and the A-135 was hardly a true deterrent against ICBM's (unlike the S-500), it was a point-blank defense to buy enough time to fire nukes back at NATO as well allowing the Soviet Politburo to hide in bunkers.

max steel
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  max steel on Mon Sep 28, 2015 3:32 pm

My whole life was a lie :/ . Many said on this forum that it can intercept icbms. Anyhow SLBMs Trident can be intercepted that someone mentioned it.

George1
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  George1 on Thu Nov 19, 2015 4:13 pm

A-135 ABM system missile launches in 2015

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content Today at 6:59 am

Current date/time is Thu Dec 08, 2016 6:59 am