Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

Russia's enemy countries

GarryB
    Colonel
    Colonel

Re: Russia's enemy countries

Post  GarryB on Sat Jun 21, 2014 11:50 am

When asking western people about why Russians are so bad they usually spout on about Stalin and death camps and communism being bad etc... and if you think about it it was the Russians that suffered under all these things... so we should treat them like they are the bad guys.

They lost the cold war and their punishment... is democracy...

“The West won the world not by the superiority of its ideas or values or religion […] but rather by its superiority in applying organized violence. Westerners often forget this fact; non-Westerners never do.”

― Samuel P. Huntington, The Clash of Civilizations and the Remaking of World Order

Asf
    Junior Lieutenant
    Junior Lieutenant

Post  Asf on Sat Jun 21, 2014 4:23 pm

When asking western people about why Russians are so bad  they usually spout on about Stalin and death camps and communism being bad etc...

Is this because of this kind of "educational" cartoons for children? I've almost belived in Stalin building the Wall (which was build after his death). Sometimes I think that propaganda of ignorance is a fundamental to any non-violence oppression. People will be happy if they won't know they are slaves

Werewolf
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  Werewolf on Sat Jun 21, 2014 4:59 pm

Asf wrote:
    When asking western people about why Russians are so bad  they usually spout on about Stalin and death camps and communism being bad etc...

Is this because of this kind of "educational" cartoons for children? I've almost belived in Stalin building the Wall (which was build after his death). Sometimes I think that propaganda of ignorance is a fundamental to any non-violence oppression. People will be happy if they won't know they are slaves

Because we here in the so called "western civilisation" are brainwashed from school on.

What do we get educated in history subject about West and East?

West has freed europe from Nazism, while East has struggled and only cold winter could help them to survive along with Landlease.
    No mention of the substitude from US government to Nazi Germany through the war, but the Land lease has to be mentioned whenever it is convenient to glorify the West.

What did we got brainwashed here in germany in history, is that 85-90% of history subject was only about WW2, 4 pages in 2 weeks through 6 years "highschool" mentioning anything before 20th century and the rest is about 1st and 2nd WW. We got told that Soviet Union was a monster that tried to starve GDR to death and the mighty,friendly and selfless west saved all those people because of their good heart, while only mentioning genocide of japanese people with nuclear weapons of civilian targets only as a necessary strike to "safe lives".

Creating such perception that the NATO was a repsonse to Warsaw Pact and the evil Soviet Union while it was vice versa, and Warsaw Pact was created after NATO.

Germany is a vassal of USA and their policy and their "history" is forced upon us like every NATO country which are all without exception vassals of USA, even UK but to a smaller degree.

GarryB
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  GarryB on Sun Jun 22, 2014 11:54 am

It is a bit of a crutch too... if you think your life sucks at least you don't live in Russia... which generally conjures up visions of some salt mine in siberia or some gulag...

Ignorance is the key to make it work unfortunately...

“The West won the world not by the superiority of its ideas or values or religion […] but rather by its superiority in applying organized violence. Westerners often forget this fact; non-Westerners never do.”

― Samuel P. Huntington, The Clash of Civilizations and the Remaking of World Order

George1
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  George1 on Tue Jul 29, 2014 1:40 pm

Russia to Introduce Term ‘Aggressor State’ to Legislation

MOSCOW, July 29 (RIA Novosti) - Lawmakers in Russia’s State Duma are considering adding the notion of “aggressor country” to the country’s laws, Izvestia newspaper reported Tuesday.

According to Izvestia’s sources, an “aggressor country” will be defined as “a state introducing sanctions against the Russian Federation, Russian citizens and Russian legal entities.”

The amendments proposed by United Russia Evgeny Fedorov and Anton Romanov, both of United Russia, and the members of parliamentary union Deputy Sovereignty will be added into several federal laws including contract law and audit regulations.

“In order to protect the fundamentals of constitutional order, ensure the country’s defense and security and to protect the domestic market as well as the national economic development, the government of Russia will be given a right to approve a list of aggressor countries,” an explanatory note to the bill states.

According to the document, foreign legal entities and individuals registered in the "aggressor country" will be prohibited from providing audit and consultancy services in Russia.

Evgeniy Fedorov cited by Izvestia adds that: “All six major US audit and consulting companies working in Russia – and these are Deloitte, KPMG, Ernst & Young, PricewaterhouseCoopers, Boston Consulting Group and McKinsey – will be included in the list.”

The bill is expected to be sent for government review on Wednesday.

Hannibal Barca
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  Hannibal Barca on Tue Jul 29, 2014 1:53 pm

1) Retards from inside
    2) USA
    3) Israel/Jews
    4) UK

The thread can be locked now. This is the definitive answer

GarryB
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  GarryB on Wed Jul 30, 2014 10:37 am

Very clever legislation by Russia because it allows them to root out groups that will tend to try to undermine Russia without all this banning NGOs stuff.

We know ratings agencies clearly ignore reality and are basically pro US and therefore biased... why would you let such groups do your auditing when they are from a clearly hostile country with intelligence services who don't feel bound by international or national laws.... or even morality.

Our government nowadays could be called pro Russian. And yet we are called enemies. Sorry, but it really boils my pot.

And that raises an important issue... attitudes change.

During the 1990s i think it would be fair to put the baltic states in the enemy basket, and even Georgia would have been there right up until Sakashvili left power, but things change and I suspect over time in the Baltics pragmatism and some common sense has returned and really perhaps a realisation that neither side is going anywhere has led to a different attitude and relationship has developed. Each side staging little provocations to raise tensions was going nowhere.

Even Georgia is looking to settle differences and sort things out with dialog and closer relations.

Sadly the huge irony is that for a short period... most notably when Russia was going from one economic crisis to another in the 1990s even the US attitude to Russia was rather less hostile.

I had hoped that when Russia regained her feet that this might lead to a partnership with the west, but really now that Russia is regaining strength the wet clearly sees it as a threat to their position and is fighting it tooth and nail.

Regarding your list there Hannibal... I would remove number 3 and replace it with Zionist Jews everywhere. Not all Jews believe Israel should exist, but not all the Jews that do believe in Zion live in Israel. Have you noticed the most radical Israeli settlers have American accents?

Werewolf
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  Werewolf on Wed Jul 30, 2014 10:45 am

I think he is right with nr. 3 Israel, since Israel is a zionist state and zionists where never friendly with russia, they see their home in US foreign policy towards russia, being hostile and hostile towards arabic/muslim countries and zionists fully aline with that policy.

Vann7
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  Vann7 on Fri Aug 29, 2014 6:25 pm

There is a difference between Governments and People..
    The american people vast majority do not see Russia as their enemies, i actually have seen
    many americans that wish Putin was their President and not the Alqaeda President. Only The Neocons
    who are the Political Elite are Enemies of Russia.. But they are more Competition..  i notice even some kind of respect between Obama and Putin..  With Republicans they are usually more hostile against Russia.

In my opinion the Biggest Enemy of Russia that is (people + government)
    From top to down.

1)Poland
    2)Turkey
    3)baltic States
    4)Saudi Arabia
    5)Perhaps Canada?
    6)Georgia
    7)Ukraine..

And Government only..
    1)Poland
    2)Ukraine
    3)USA
    4)Baltic States
    5)Saudi
    6)Turkey
    6)Canada.

Ukraine is now very hostile to Russia but only because Nazis minority got in power in a coup.. but more than half of Ukrainians are either neutral to Russia or Very Friendly. and about 30% very hostile. In Poland in the other hand
    the majority of its people dislike Putin..and any Russian President.

About USA.. i think their problem is more a competition thing than a hate thing. As rare at this sound their Presidents never show hate to Russian government.. This is very different to Poland and baltic States.. they fall short of insulting putin and always pushing for isolation of Russia.

The biggest threat however will always be USA.. the US  Banking Elite cannot operate if Russia
    counter their World leadership.

about CHina.. not a chance.. China is today one of the closest ally to Russia. and they are not competition..
    but a complement . Russia provide materials and energy and China the funding ,labor and military backup.

China,India , Belarus ,Kasakistan , closest Allies of Russia.

Mike E
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  Mike E on Fri Aug 29, 2014 11:00 pm

Vann7, you are correct. However, many Americans are blinded by the amount of propaganda found here...

- Almost nobody here wants Putin as president, but anyone is better than O-bomb-a.

AlfaT8
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  AlfaT8 on Sat Aug 30, 2014 9:35 pm

Oh for the love of, ok, i am seriously asking this time, why would Russia invade Europe, what is there of worth in Europe, there are no noteworthy resources, territorial expansion is worthless considering Russia's size (except for Crimea of course), the Baltic States and other E.European states are just dead weight and attacking them (EU) would just hurt Russia's own economy (losing markets and wasting Russia's finances), if there is one thing i know about Russia is that they are very frugal with there money (side effect of the 90s), so there must be a damn good reason too invade Europe, but for the life of me i can't think of a single one?? Suspect Shocked

Mike E
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  Mike E on Sat Aug 30, 2014 10:06 pm

Funny. - That you are right... There really isn't "much there" in Europe. No mineral resources, not much oil and gas, just a bunch of corrupt leaders! Like you also said, it would end of hurting Russia more than anything... The only land "worth invading" is in S.A. and the Middle East due to oil/gas, and minerals as well.

type055
    Junior Sergeant
    Junior Sergeant

Post  type055 on Sat May 23, 2015 8:21 am

Vladimir79 wrote:The only enemy of Russia now is Georgia.  Countries we distrust...

1) USA
    2) UK
    3) China
    4) Japan
    5) Turkey
    6) North Kor
    7) Ukraine
    8 ) Norway
    9) Azerbaijan
    10) Poland

Czech Republic?  Why would they be an enemy? No one cares about Canada and Australia.

China rank No.3,  lots of Forumer think China is a threat to Russia, May I ask why ? I konw Chinese side' viewpoint, I want to know Russia's~ thanks ~

GarryB
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  GarryB on Sat May 23, 2015 12:57 pm

Think more potential enemy...

Personally I think over time China will become more of an ally than the west ever could be... both Russia and China are a bit like the soviet union and germany in the 1920s... largely rejected by Europe and left to fend for themselves... they had rather more in common at that time than ever before or ever since.

Of course the rise to power of Adolf ended that friendship in 1933.

collegeboy16
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  collegeboy16 on Sat May 23, 2015 1:09 pm

type055 wrote:
    China rank No.3,  lots of Forumer think China is a threat to Russia, May I ask why ? I konw Chinese side' viewpoint, I want to know Russia's~ thanks ~
    they fear Russia being the kouhai to the China's senpai in the coming decades if not now, so basically pride. Personally that is only OK, given that China is much larger and Russia certainly needs some help with the aggro.

Also, both sides cant really threaten each other militarily because NUKES!!!

GarryB
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  GarryB on Sun May 24, 2015 10:40 am

Both would have rather too much to lose having even a cold conflict between themselves.

Of course conflict between its enemies has always been encouraged by the US... it is an easy way to defeat all its rivals... have them fight each other.

This is likely why the US demanded that the EU join the economic sanctions against Russia... keeping a wedge between even the EU and Russia suits the US... the more conflict it can create between other countries the better the US's position becomes...

Dima
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  Dima on Sun May 24, 2015 2:48 pm

The external forces that are and could be detrimental to Russian security in the future (and have been in the past are) and hence Russia's enemy are

US/Israel
    UK
    Israel/US

All three have directly or indirectly acted against Russian interest in various regions including inside Russian sovereign borders and these are the trios to be looked out for.

All have almost ignored Israel's proposed long range ballistic missile development, but I see only one aim of that development - a credible N-delivery system to cover Moscow. There are absolutely no other targets/threats that current Isreali ballistic missiles cannot cover.

Karl Haushofer
    Senior Lieutenant
    Senior Lieutenant

Post  Karl Haushofer on Sun May 24, 2015 3:46 pm

Dima wrote:The external forces that are and could be detrimental to Russian security in the future (and have been in the past are) and hence Russia's enemy are

US/Israel
    UK
    Israel/US

All three have directly or indirectly acted against Russian interest in various regions including inside Russian sovereign borders and these are the trios to be looked out for.

All have almost ignored Israel's proposed long range ballistic missile development, but I see only one aim of that development - a credible N-delivery system to cover Moscow. There are absolutely no other targets/threats that current Isreali ballistic missiles cannot cover.
    You can also add the smaller countries in the western border of Russia: Poland, Baltic states, Finland, Sweden and Romania. Maybe Bulgaria as well.

These countries do not pose a direct threat to Russia, but they act as bases for hostile western military installations that target Russia. And whenever there is an invasion to Russia from the West you can count that these countries will be involved.

What is scary for Russia that now you can add Ukraine to this list as well. What a great success for the Western foreign policy it was to turn Ukraine into its current state.

Dima
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  Dima on Sun May 24, 2015 4:17 pm

Karl Haushofer wrote:
    Dima wrote:The external forces that are and could be detrimental to Russian security in the future (and have been in the past are) and hence Russia's enemy are

US/Israel
    UK
    Israel/US

You can also add the smaller countries in the western border of Russia: Poland, Baltic states, Finland, Sweden and Romania. Maybe Bulgaria as well.

These countries do not pose a direct threat to Russia, but they act as bases for hostile western military installations that target Russia. And whenever there is an invasion to Russia from the West you can count that these countries will be involved.

What is scary for Russia that now you can add Ukraine to this list as well. What a great success for the Western foreign policy it was to turn Ukraine into its current state.
    Yes. You are right. But the three I mentioned are the prime movers. All the rest are vassals, they can only act on masters command and if the master get the feel that his pressure points are exposed and within the reach of Russia, he will chill out and wont bother with tickling Russian arse.

That is why I stick to the opinion that Russia needs to have its near abroad, like Syria, to be secured (the bastard Medvedev made Russia loose Libya) and have a strong navy to take the battle to the 'prime movers' backyard/pressure points and not to have a fight on backfoot.

jka
    Corporal
    Corporal

Post  jka on Mon Aug 17, 2015 6:46 pm

flamming_python wrote:1st rank:

UK
    USA
    Georgia
    Lithuania
    Estonia
    Sweden

2nd rank:

Australia
    Canada
    Romania
    Poland
    Czech Republic
    Hungary
    Albania + Kosovo
    Bosnia
    Qatar

SD I voite in Sweden so we bring smaller group immigrants to land.

Max 1500 Nordic and then max 20,000 mouslims.

Today situation is max 130,000 outlands.

9,8 million humans in Sweden today.

flamming_python
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  flamming_python on Mon Aug 17, 2015 11:13 pm

jka wrote:
    flamming_python wrote:1st rank:

UK
    USA
    Georgia
    Lithuania
    Estonia
    Sweden

2nd rank:

Australia
    Canada
    Romania
    Poland
    Czech Republic
    Hungary
    Albania + Kosovo
    Bosnia
    Qatar

SD I voite in Sweden so we bring smaller group immigrants to land.

Max 1500 Nordic and then max 20,000 mouslims.

Today situation is max 130,000 outlands.

9,8 million humans in Sweden today.

Bah, it's an out of date list by now really. Georgia is not interested in conflict, Estonia & Latvia have lost their bark, Bosnia is an EU colony but pretty harmless, Albania + Kosovo are no threat whatsoever to Russia, Qatar could well flip along with the Saudis, Hungary is one of the closest countries to Russia in the EU these days, Czechs toe the Western line straight but aren't hostile as such.

Just goes to show how quickly things change.

But Sweden's still up there; it's one of the big haters of Russia at the mo'

Rodinazombie
    Lieutenant
    Lieutenant

Post  Rodinazombie on Mon Aug 17, 2015 11:23 pm

flamming_python wrote:
    ali.a.r wrote:I get the Eastern European countries, but why Australia and Qatar?

Australia as a Commonwealth country shares the traditional Anglo-Saxon enmity & disdain for Russia; they are too far to have much of a role to play in most Western-Russian affairs, but no doubt in terms of any sort of UK-USA actions or sanctions against Russia - they will go along. So too would Canada. I didn't add N. Zealand or S. Africa to this list because the former is very far from world politics in general, and has very recently signed a free-trade agreement with Russia (actually the first country outside the ex-USSR to do so), signalling a more independent foreign policy; while the latter underwent the breakdown of Apartheid in the 90s and has recently become part of the BRICS club not just in economic-terms but now throwing in some of its politics together with that of the other emerging economies too - again signalling an increasingly independent foreign policy from that of the rest of hawkish Western bloc.

The other half of the '1st rank' consists of the Scandinavian-league, led by Sweden and joined by Scandinavian wannabees Estonia and Lithuania. Virulent anti-Russian countries the lot of them, I am afraid to say. Finland I suspect offers its moral support to this grouping too (at the very least its population does) but is very careful to adopt a formally neutral stance and just not piss-off Russia in general, hence I didn't add them. I didn't add Latvia either because basically we've been buying them all off over the past 5 years; their country is becoming less and less anti-Russian with each new election or presidential term.

As for Qatar, it has basically been the main instrument of US foreign policy, covert-action and support of armed rebels and protest movements in the Middle East over the last year, and itself was/is one of the greatest supporters of armed intervention in places like Syria, Iran and Libya. It has also played host to a number of Chechen rebel leaders over the years. Recently there was a diplomatic incident between Russia and Qatar when the Russian ambassador to there had his diplomatic immunity violated via an attempted theft of his property, followed by a beating at the hands of men believed to be in the employment of Qatari security services. Despite all that though, Russian-Qatari relations were actually pretty decent throughout most of last decade - they only soured recently.

You were pretty spot on here with canada and australia coming out of the woodwork riding on the wave of anti-russia sentiment.

Walther von Oldenburg
    Major
    Major

Post  Walther von Oldenburg on Mon Aug 17, 2015 11:26 pm

My list?
    1. Ukraine
    2. Poland
    3. Lithuania
    4. UK

jka
    Corporal
    Corporal

Post  jka on Tue Aug 18, 2015 3:45 pm

My list.
    1.USA
    2.UK
    3.Iraq
    4.Poland
    5.Sweden

jka
    Corporal
    Corporal

Post  jka on Tue Aug 18, 2015 4:22 pm

USA biggest country in western world are biggest enemy.

No eastern raise in USA.

respekt

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content Today at 10:15 pm

Current date/time is Fri Dec 09, 2016 10:15 pm