Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues


    Yak-130: News

    Share

    JohninMK
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 3360
    Points : 3403
    Join date : 2015-06-16
    Location : England

    Re: Yak-130: News

    Post  JohninMK on Sun Sep 06, 2015 4:45 pm

    Quite a good general write up.

    http://warisboring.com/articles/this-tiny-russian-plane-has-a-ridiculous-amount-of-weapons/

    JohninMK
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 3360
    Points : 3403
    Join date : 2015-06-16
    Location : England

    Re: Yak-130: News

    Post  JohninMK on Sat Sep 12, 2015 11:06 am

    More publicity on the Italian Yak-130. This is part of the article

    The Italian Air Force has stated that it has begun to train newly-qualified pilots on the Alenia Aermacchi T-346A (M-346A), a military transonic trainer aircraft based on the Yak-130. Its immediate predecessor was originally developed as a joint venture by the Russian Design Bureau Yakovlev and the Italian aerospace company Aermacchi.

    According to media reports, Italy has already ordered 15 M-346As, which are designed to introduce pilots to fifth-generation aircraft performance on Eurofighter Typhoon, AMX, Panavia Tornado, and F-35 jets.


    Read more: http://sputniknews.com/world/20150912/1026907612/russia-italy-pilots-training-jet.html#ixzz3lXbfXNL8

    GunshipDemocracy
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 1516
    Points : 1558
    Join date : 2015-05-17
    Location : Stalin´s Strait between Mexico and Canada

    Re: Yak-130: News

    Post  GunshipDemocracy on Thu Sep 17, 2015 12:57 pm

    KRET: Unmanned attack drone can be created on the Yak-130
    http://ria.ru/defense_safety/20150917/1258107244.html


    MOSCOW, Sep 17 — RIA Novosti. Unmanned attack aircraft, which by the TWR and versatility will surpass the U.S. MQ-9 Reaper, can create on the basis of Russian combat training aircraft Yak-130, said on Thursday, RIA Novosti adviser to the first Deputy CEO of Russia's largest holding company in the electronics industry "Concern radio-Electronic technology" (KRET) Vladimir Mikheev.

    "The potential for upgrading the Yak-130 is still very large. At its base you can create unmanned attack aircraft, which is, by the TWR and versatility will surpass the U.S. MQ-9 Reaper," said Mikheev.
    He noted that KRET now has "all the necessary developments, but for the implementation of this task will have to make substantial changes in the composition of the avionics of the aircraft".

    KRET is developing for the Yak-130 new radar and a new optical-electronic sighting-navigation complex (OEPN), which should allow the aircraft to significantly expand the range of weapons used.

    Some background: http://sdelanounas.ru/blogs/15654/

    Long time ago on YAK website this pic was published...


    George1
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 9422
    Points : 9914
    Join date : 2011-12-22
    Location : Greece

    Re: Yak-130: News

    Post  George1 on Thu Sep 17, 2015 5:17 pm

    New Electronics to Turn Yak-130 Jet Into Deadly War Machine

    An advanced radio-radar system and a new optical target-acquiring and navigation complex are in development for the Russian Yakovlev Yak-130 jet fighter/trainer, KRET Company reported on Thursday.

    The new equipment will allow the aircraft to attack targets beyond the operational area of enemy air-defense systems.

    "Despite the fact that the Yak-130 is a small aircraft, when updated it is expected to be successfully used in a number of combat missions which traditionally involve assault fighters and fourth-generation multirole jets," KRET CEO Vladimir Mikheev said.

    "At the same time, the Yak-130 will be less costly in operation and simpler in deployment and maintenance. The new advanced systems would allow the aircraft to attack ground and aerial targets from beyond the hitting area of enemy air-defenses," he explained.

    KRET is avidly involved in the development of a new assault jet fighter on the Yak-130 platform.

    "The new radar system will operate in connection with the cutting-edge computing combat processor device. Together with the newly-developed target acquiring system, the Yak-130 will be able to carry a number of high-precision modern weapons, including the Vikhr-M anti-tank missile, R-73E, Kh-29L and Kh-25MS guided missiles as well as other medium-range weapons," the company told RIA Novosti.

    According to Mikheev, "all of the above would make the combat capabilities of the Yak-130 close to the specs of the Su-25SM assault fighter."

    The Yak-130 is a new-generation two-seat jet fighter/trainer designed for training and combat missions. The aircraft can operate under any weather conditions and hit aerial and ground targets. In its technical and combat capabilities, the Yak-130 can match modern jet fighters, especially at subsonic speeds. The aircraft is also simple in maintenance and can operate at unprepared airfields.

    Read more: http://sputniknews.com/military/20150917/1027156993/new-electronics-yak-130.html#ixzz3m2LHuBSS


    _________________
    "There's no smoke without fire.", Georgy Zhukov


    GunshipDemocracy
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 1516
    Points : 1558
    Join date : 2015-05-17
    Location : Stalin´s Strait between Mexico and Canada

    Re: Yak-130: News

    Post  GunshipDemocracy on Thu Sep 17, 2015 6:06 pm

    George1 wrote:New Electronics to Turn Yak-130 Jet Into Deadly War Machine

    An advanced radio-radar system and a new optical target-acquiring and navigation complex are in development for the Russian Yakovlev Yak-130 jet fighter/trainer, KRET Company reported on Thursday.

    The new equipment will allow the aircraft to attack targets beyond the operational area of enemy air-defense systems.

    "Despite the fact that the Yak-130 is a small aircraft, when updated it is expected to be successfully used in a number of combat missions which traditionally involve assault fighters and fourth-generation multirole jets," KRET CEO Vladimir Mikheev said.

    "At the same time, the Yak-130 will be less costly in operation and simpler in deployment and maintenance. The new advanced systems would allow the aircraft to attack ground and aerial targets from beyond the hitting area of enemy air-defenses," he explained.

    KRET is avidly involved in the development of a new assault jet fighter on the Yak-130 platform.

    "The new radar system will operate in connection with the cutting-edge computing combat processor device. Together with the newly-developed target acquiring system, the Yak-130 will be able to carry a number of high-precision modern weapons, including the Vikhr-M anti-tank missile, R-73E, Kh-29L and Kh-25MS guided missiles as well as other medium-range weapons," the company told RIA Novosti.

    According to Mikheev, "all of the above would make the combat capabilities of the Yak-130 close to the specs of the Su-25SM assault fighter."

    The Yak-130 is a new-generation two-seat jet fighter/trainer designed for training and combat missions. The aircraft can operate under any weather conditions and hit aerial and ground targets. In its technical and combat capabilities, the Yak-130 can match modern jet fighters, especially at subsonic speeds. The aircraft is also simple in maintenance and can operate at unprepared airfields.

    Read more: http://sputniknews.com/military/20150917/1027156993/new-electronics-yak-130.html#ixzz3m2LHuBSS


    Yak-130 close to Su-25SM? speed or range maybe not armor , I´d presume that they promte Yak as alternative for lightweight platform  like KAI T-50 (ok KAI is supersonic Smile )

    but then why manned?

    medo
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 3051
    Points : 3149
    Join date : 2010-10-24
    Location : Slovenia

    Re: Yak-130: News

    Post  medo on Fri Sep 18, 2015 8:49 am

    GunshipDemocracy wrote:
    George1 wrote:New Electronics to Turn Yak-130 Jet Into Deadly War Machine

    An advanced radio-radar system and a new optical target-acquiring and navigation complex are in development for the Russian Yakovlev Yak-130 jet fighter/trainer, KRET Company reported on Thursday.

    The new equipment will allow the aircraft to attack targets beyond the operational area of enemy air-defense systems.

    "Despite the fact that the Yak-130 is a small aircraft, when updated it is expected to be successfully used in a number of combat missions which traditionally involve assault fighters and fourth-generation multirole jets," KRET CEO Vladimir Mikheev said.

    "At the same time, the Yak-130 will be less costly in operation and simpler in deployment and maintenance. The new advanced systems would allow the aircraft to attack ground and aerial targets from beyond the hitting area of enemy air-defenses," he explained.

    KRET is avidly involved in the development of a new assault jet fighter on the Yak-130 platform.

    "The new radar system will operate in connection with the cutting-edge computing combat processor device. Together with the newly-developed target acquiring system, the Yak-130 will be able to carry a number of high-precision modern weapons, including the Vikhr-M anti-tank missile, R-73E, Kh-29L and Kh-25MS guided missiles as well as other medium-range weapons," the company told RIA Novosti.

    According to Mikheev, "all of the above would make the combat capabilities of the Yak-130 close to the specs of the Su-25SM assault fighter."

    The Yak-130 is a new-generation two-seat jet fighter/trainer designed for training and combat missions. The aircraft can operate under any weather conditions and hit aerial and ground targets. In its technical and combat capabilities, the Yak-130 can match modern jet fighters, especially at subsonic speeds. The aircraft is also simple in maintenance and can operate at unprepared airfields.

    Read more: http://sputniknews.com/military/20150917/1027156993/new-electronics-yak-130.html#ixzz3m2LHuBSS


    Yak-130 close to Su-25SM? speed or range maybe not armor , I´d presume that they promte Yak as alternative for lightweight platform  like KAI T-50 (ok KAI is supersonic Smile )

    but then why manned?

    Yak-130 doesn't need armor. It is advanced trainer and light combat aircraft. It will have radar and most probably targeting pod and self defense eqiuppment to make it similar to Su-25SM3. Yak-130 is already capable to use TV guided bombs and missiles and with targeting pod it will be able to use laser guided bombs and missiles. PGMs will give enough range for Yak-130 to stay outside of range of MANPADs and guns. On the other hand radar equipped Yak-130 will be more capable in air combat than Su-25SM.

    Berkut
    Sergeant
    Sergeant

    Posts : 191
    Points : 216
    Join date : 2015-05-05

    Re: Yak-130: News

    Post  Berkut on Fri Sep 18, 2015 1:10 pm

    Su-34 has armor and it is able to use all of those weapons and then some more. What does that tell you?

    sepheronx
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 7302
    Points : 7612
    Join date : 2009-08-05
    Age : 27
    Location : Canada

    Re: Yak-130: News

    Post  sepheronx on Fri Sep 18, 2015 1:16 pm

    Depends on the price.  A Yak-130 with guided munitions that can strike from afar and have radar that is a little more than Su-22 radar detection/tracking range, and being newer, would be very ideal for much poorer nations.  Heck, Syrian Arab airforce could very well use such a plane, especially if it is cheap. Only thing is, it's a slower aircraft. But for ground attack operations, I don't think that is too much of a problem, especially when it would be dropping its TV guided missiles from outside of the range of SAM's.

    JohninMK
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 3360
    Points : 3403
    Join date : 2015-06-16
    Location : England

    Re: Yak-130: News

    Post  JohninMK on Fri Sep 18, 2015 2:21 pm

    This is aimed at a huge potential export market. Look at how well its 'cousin' the Alenia Aermacchi M-346 has done, bought by Italy, Poland, Israel and Singapore, or earlier generation trainer/light attack like the BAE Hawk.

    Russia, especially with the current currency value, really wants a bit of that action.

    d_taddei2
    Captain
    Captain

    Posts : 732
    Points : 892
    Join date : 2013-05-11
    Location : Scotland UK

    reply

    Post  d_taddei2 on Fri Sep 18, 2015 5:34 pm

    i remember nearly 2yrs ago i posted on this forum about the potential of the YAK-130 as a cheap multirole fighter, and its definitely got a market for such an aircraft, african and south american countries who's aircraft inventory is now at a point it needs replacing this would be an ideal opportunity for Russia to sell to these countries currently these countries have been turning to Brazil to buy the super Tucano to fufill there requirements and although the super tucano is great at what it does, and cheap to buy and run, but the Yak 130 can fufill that role and more but is still cheap to buy and run (although not as cheap as the tucano obviously). The Yak-130 is ideal for defence forces such as the Rep. Ireland, and New Zealand, who currently have to intercept capability. The Irish Air Corps lacks a dedicated air intercept capability and has to relay on UK for any breeches, but apparently they are looking to solve this problem. The Yak-130 could also provide recce(inc martime) and be capable of carrying anti shipping missles. so for a small nation looking for a cheap mutlirole aircraft that wont break the bank then i think the YAK-130 is ideal and dealing with Russia would be a lot easier and cheaper to deal with than western companies. I can see the YAK-130 becoming a huge export success for Russia russia


    GunshipDemocracy
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 1516
    Points : 1558
    Join date : 2015-05-17
    Location : Stalin´s Strait between Mexico and Canada

    Re: Yak-130: News

    Post  GunshipDemocracy on Fri Sep 18, 2015 8:27 pm

    d_taddei2 wrote:i remember nearly 2yrs ago i posted on this forum about the potential of the YAK-130 as a cheap multirole fighter, and its definitely got a market for such an aircraft, african and south american countries who's aircraft inventory is now at a point it needs replacing this would be an ideal opportunity for Russia to sell to these countries currently these countries have been turning to Brazil to buy the super Tucano  to fufill there requirements and although the super tucano is great at what it does, and cheap to buy and run, but the Yak 130 can fufill that role and more but is still cheap to buy and run (although not as cheap as the tucano obviously). The Yak-130 is ideal for defence forces such as the Rep. Ireland, and New Zealand, who currently have to intercept capability. The Irish Air Corps lacks a dedicated air intercept capability and has to relay on UK for any breeches, but apparently they are looking to solve this problem. The Yak-130 could also provide recce(inc martime) and be capable of carrying anti shipping missles. so for a small nation looking for a cheap mutlirole aircraft that wont break the bank then i think the YAK-130 is ideal and dealing with Russia would be a lot easier and cheaper to deal with than western companies. I can see the YAK-130 becoming a huge export success for Russia  russia


    Dobrze godacie kumie Smile

    Surely unification of whole family makes it relatively cheap plane being competitive on market. For Russia as well - Yak 135 can be used as light fighter in homeland defense

    AFAIK there was the whole family of Yak 130 derivatives planned
    Yak 131 - one seat version  - subsonic attack
    Yak-133 heavy attack drone (Proryv?)
    Yak-135 supersonic multi-functional


    and here a eye candy from Yak  Smile




    Berkut wrote:Su-34 has armor and it is able to use all of those weapons and then some more. What does that tell you?

    That Yak is not Su?  Razz The question is how much extra weight you can  add to Yak not to penalize flight characteristics ? I might be wrong but during Serdukov´s reign was not insufficient armor the reason to reject Yak-131 as PAK Sch?

    GarryB
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 15458
    Points : 16165
    Join date : 2010-03-30
    Location : New Zealand

    Re: Yak-130: News

    Post  GarryB on Fri Sep 18, 2015 8:54 pm

    New Zealand wont buy any... when they got rid of the skyhawks the reasoning was that we had no need for fighter aircraft of any kind.

    Our best chance of getting that reversed would be the current national party sucking up to the americans and buying F-16s but they wont.

    There is no chance of F-35s.

    Personally I think the market for the upgraded ground attack Yak-130s is pretty good... they would likely be attractive to countries who want to replace MiG-21s, but I think they need to replace the two existing engines with a derated RD-33 that is lightened and simplified and puts out maybe 6-7 tons thrust.


    _________________
    “The West won the world not by the superiority of its ideas or values or religion […] but rather by its superiority in applying organized violence. Westerners often forget this fact; non-Westerners never do.”

    ― Samuel P. Huntington, The Clash of Civilizations and the Remaking of World Order

    medo
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 3051
    Points : 3149
    Join date : 2010-10-24
    Location : Slovenia

    Re: Yak-130: News

    Post  medo on Sat Sep 19, 2015 3:53 am

    Berkut wrote:Su-34 has armor and it is able to use all of those weapons and then some more. What does that tell you?

    They are two very different planes. Su-34 is heavy fighter bomber for deep strikes in heavily defended areas and have strategical importance, that is why it is well protected electronically and by armor and use long range PGMs.

    Yak-130 will never be used for such tasks. It is advanced trainer and light combat aircraft, so its mission will be different that that of Su-34 and its targets also. Equipped with radar, which could enable the use of basic R-77 missile as small radar will not have enough range for R-77-1 missile, it could do secondary air defense role and with air to ground modes for terrain mapping and searching of stationary and moving ground targets, etc, it will be able to do its job anytime in a day in any weather using PGMs. Light combat Yak-130 is a plane for low intensity war or to engage targets in less defended areas. In such places it will be same effective as Su-34, but far cheaper per mission and without exposing more expensive and more valuable fighter bombers. Equip Yak-130 with IFR and even the range will not be a problem. Actually IFR for Yak-130 will become a must have as IFR is becoming standard equipment in RuAF and pilots will have to learn first skills with IFR with trainers, before they go to real combat jets in combat units. Su-35 and PAK-FA will not have their training two seater variants, so Yak-130 trainer will have to train pilots as much in combat skills as possible, before they will sit in those jets. Basic Yak-130 trainer is excellent for military academies, but after academy they will need more advanced light combat Yak-130 for more advanced combat trainings with real radar, IFR and ESM electronics, before they go to combat units.

    flamming_python
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 3182
    Points : 3310
    Join date : 2012-01-30

    Re: Yak-130: News

    Post  flamming_python on Sat Sep 19, 2015 1:08 pm

    d_taddei2 wrote:i remember nearly 2yrs ago i posted on this forum about the potential of the YAK-130 as a cheap multirole fighter, and its definitely got a market for such an aircraft, african and south american countries who's aircraft inventory is now at a point it needs replacing this would be an ideal opportunity for Russia to sell to these countries currently these countries have been turning to Brazil to buy the super Tucano  to fufill there requirements and although the super tucano is great at what it does, and cheap to buy and run, but the Yak 130 can fufill that role and more but is still cheap to buy and run (although not as cheap as the tucano obviously). The Yak-130 is ideal for defence forces such as the Rep. Ireland, and New Zealand, who currently have to intercept capability. The Irish Air Corps lacks a dedicated air intercept capability and has to relay on UK for any breeches, but apparently they are looking to solve this problem. The Yak-130 could also provide recce(inc martime) and be capable of carrying anti shipping missles. so for a small nation looking for a cheap mutlirole aircraft that wont break the bank then i think the YAK-130 is ideal and dealing with Russia would be a lot easier and cheaper to deal with than western companies. I can see the YAK-130 becoming a huge export success for Russia  russia


    AFAIK by the agreement Yakovlev had with Aeromacchi - Ireland falls under Aeromacchi's potential customer base.

    d_taddei2
    Captain
    Captain

    Posts : 732
    Points : 892
    Join date : 2013-05-11
    Location : Scotland UK

    reply

    Post  d_taddei2 on Sat Sep 19, 2015 3:36 pm

    flamming_python wrote:
    d_taddei2 wrote:i remember nearly 2yrs ago i posted on this forum about the potential of the YAK-130 as a cheap multirole fighter, and its definitely got a market for such an aircraft, african and south american countries who's aircraft inventory is now at a point it needs replacing this would be an ideal opportunity for Russia to sell to these countries currently these countries have been turning to Brazil to buy the super Tucano  to fufill there requirements and although the super tucano is great at what it does, and cheap to buy and run, but the Yak 130 can fufill that role and more but is still cheap to buy and run (although not as cheap as the tucano obviously). The Yak-130 is ideal for defence forces such as the Rep. Ireland, and New Zealand, who currently have to intercept capability. The Irish Air Corps lacks a dedicated air intercept capability and has to relay on UK for any breeches, but apparently they are looking to solve this problem. The Yak-130 could also provide recce(inc martime) and be capable of carrying anti shipping missles. so for a small nation looking for a cheap mutlirole aircraft that wont break the bank then i think the YAK-130 is ideal and dealing with Russia would be a lot easier and cheaper to deal with than western companies. I can see the YAK-130 becoming a huge export success for Russia  russia


    AFAIK by the agreement Yakovlev had with Aeromacchi - Ireland falls under Aeromacchi's potential customer base.

    does Areomacchi have plans to turn theres into light attack etc? if not then Ireland could approach Russia to buy light attack yak-130

    Ivan the Colorado
    Captain
    Captain

    Posts : 792
    Points : 826
    Join date : 2015-04-21
    Age : 20
    Location : Colorado, USA

    Re: Yak-130: News

    Post  Ivan the Colorado on Sat Sep 19, 2015 5:19 pm

    d_taddei2 wrote:
    flamming_python wrote:
    d_taddei2 wrote:i remember nearly 2yrs ago i posted on this forum about the potential of the YAK-130 as a cheap multirole fighter, and its definitely got a market for such an aircraft, african and south american countries who's aircraft inventory is now at a point it needs replacing this would be an ideal opportunity for Russia to sell to these countries currently these countries have been turning to Brazil to buy the super Tucano  to fufill there requirements and although the super tucano is great at what it does, and cheap to buy and run, but the Yak 130 can fufill that role and more but is still cheap to buy and run (although not as cheap as the tucano obviously). The Yak-130 is ideal for defence forces such as the Rep. Ireland, and New Zealand, who currently have to intercept capability. The Irish Air Corps lacks a dedicated air intercept capability and has to relay on UK for any breeches, but apparently they are looking to solve this problem. The Yak-130 could also provide recce(inc martime) and be capable of carrying anti shipping missles. so for a small nation looking for a cheap mutlirole aircraft that wont break the bank then i think the YAK-130 is ideal and dealing with Russia would be a lot easier and cheaper to deal with than western companies. I can see the YAK-130 becoming a huge export success for Russia  russia


    AFAIK by the agreement Yakovlev had with Aeromacchi - Ireland falls under Aeromacchi's potential customer base.

    does Areomacchi have plans to turn theres into light attack etc? if not then Ireland could approach Russia to buy light attack yak-130
    They do.

    wilhelm
    Senior Sergeant
    Senior Sergeant

    Posts : 224
    Points : 230
    Join date : 2014-12-09

    Re: Yak-130: News

    Post  wilhelm on Sat Sep 19, 2015 6:33 pm

    Ireland will not be buying it. I will be surprised indeed if any jets of any type are bought.
    The only jet operated by the tiny Irish Air Corp is a single VIP Learjet.
    The rest of the small fixed wing fleet (15 airframes) are 4 types of propellor planes doing a variety of roles.

    Ireland have never had a modern interceptor, or indeed, any worthwhile combat jet. Only half a squadron of light jet trainers not much faster than WW2 piston fighters. The last "interceptor" was a handful of navalised Spitfires called the Seafire.
    And that isn't about to change.

    GunshipDemocracy
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 1516
    Points : 1558
    Join date : 2015-05-17
    Location : Stalin´s Strait between Mexico and Canada

    Re: Yak-130: News

    Post  GunshipDemocracy on Sun Sep 20, 2015 2:50 pm

    An interesting info about Yak-130 family. This is more lee about what  Isaw long time ago on Yak website though now this info is gone.

    http://periscope2.ru/2013/02/06/6906/


    The Yak-130 lost the recent tender of the Russian air force on a prospective strike aircraft. According to a source in the Russian aviation industry, "requirements primarily for booking and defence systems was too high for the plane light class". The tender was won by the deep draft of the modernized su-25 weight of 19.5 tons, which is almost two times higher than that of the Yak-130.
    However, Irkut continues work on single combat version of the aircraft, relying on export customers, as well as the fact that the Russian air force will purchase a light strike aircraft. Single seat modification of the Yak-130 has an index of the Yak-133, were previously known double Yak-131 and supersonic Yak-135. The first prototype of the Yak-133 will be built in 2014

    and this

    Changes to the air-frame will be insignificant, the rear pilot's seat will be replaced by an additional fuel tank and other accessories. The engines will be increased capacity - up to 27.45 kN each, compared with the current thrust of 24.51 kN.

    On impact modification are also installed radar and electro-optical sighting system. According to Konstantin Popovich, it is considered as a variant of the onboard radar and radar in pod. To receive proposals on three Russian companies: "Corporation Fazotron-NIIR", "NIIP. Tikhomirov "Holding and" Leninist ".

    FC-130 radar development "Phazotron" (the index to remain unchanged in spite of the modification) may be millimeter range to find land targets, multifunction radar 30 mm range with slot antenna or radar 30mm range AESA. The last option is the most perfect and most expensive: AESA radar can cost about 10% of the total cost of the aircraft, twice the cost of other systems.

    Suspended optoelectronic container for the Yak-130 is being developed on the basis of the CPR SPC modifications created for Indian MiG-29K.

    These new sensors allow the attack modification of the Yak-130 used ant-radar / anti-ship missile X-31 and the new Russian missiles Kh-38 with different variants of the guidance, and guided bombs. The weapon of class "air-to-air" will include medium-range missiles R-77m. Popovic stressed, stability and handling of the Yak-130 allow the use of such weapons.

    So Yak 135 - supersonic and with AAM with range 110km and relatively cheap in maintenance. Me thinks good prospects on international market and for RuAF not bad choice either for homeland defense.

    PapaDragon
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 3667
    Points : 3779
    Join date : 2015-04-26
    Location : Fort Evil, Serbia

    Re: Yak-130: News

    Post  PapaDragon on Sun Sep 20, 2015 3:30 pm

    GunshipDemocracy wrote:.....................

    Changes to the air-frame will be insignificant, the rear pilot's seat will be replaced by an additional fuel tank and other accessories. The engines will be increased capacity - up to 27.45 kN each, compared with the current thrust of 24.51 kN.

    On impact modification are also installed radar and electro-optical sighting system. According to Konstantin Popovich, it is considered as a variant of the onboard radar and radar in pod. To receive proposals on three Russian companies: "Corporation Fazotron-NIIR", "NIIP. Tikhomirov "Holding and" Leninist ".

    FC-130 radar development "Phazotron" (the index to remain unchanged in spite of the modification) may be millimeter range to find land targets, multifunction radar 30 mm range with slot antenna or radar 30mm range AESA. The last option is the most perfect and most expensive: AESA radar can cost about 10% of the total cost of the aircraft, twice the cost of other systems.

    Suspended optoelectronic container for the Yak-130 is being developed on the basis of the CPR SPC modifications created for Indian MiG-29K.

    These new sensors allow the attack modification of the Yak-130 used ant-radar / anti-ship missile X-31 and the new Russian missiles Kh-38 with different variants of the guidance, and guided bombs. The weapon of class "air-to-air" will include medium-range missiles R-77m. Popovic stressed, stability and handling of the Yak-130 allow the use of such weapons.

    So Yak 135 - supersonic and with AAM with range 110km and relatively cheap in maintenance. Me thinks good prospects on international market and for RuAF not bad choice either for homeland defense.

    Agreed, those National Guard-like units that Russia is forming would eventually be mighty interested. thumbsup

    magnumcromagnon
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 4468
    Points : 4659
    Join date : 2013-12-05
    Location : Pindos ave., Pindosville, Pindosylvania, Pindostan

    Re: Yak-130: News

    Post  magnumcromagnon on Sun Sep 20, 2015 3:46 pm

    PapaDragon wrote:
    GunshipDemocracy wrote:.....................

    Changes to the air-frame will be insignificant, the rear pilot's seat will be replaced by an additional fuel tank and other accessories. The engines will be increased capacity - up to 27.45 kN each, compared with the current thrust of 24.51 kN.

    On impact modification are also installed radar and electro-optical sighting system. According to Konstantin Popovich, it is considered as a variant of the onboard radar and radar in pod. To receive proposals on three Russian companies: "Corporation Fazotron-NIIR", "NIIP. Tikhomirov "Holding and" Leninist ".

    FC-130 radar development "Phazotron" (the index to remain unchanged in spite of the modification) may be millimeter range to find land targets, multifunction radar 30 mm range with slot antenna or radar 30mm range AESA. The last option is the most perfect and most expensive: AESA radar can cost about 10% of the total cost of the aircraft, twice the cost of other systems.

    Suspended optoelectronic container for the Yak-130 is being developed on the basis of the CPR SPC modifications created for Indian MiG-29K.

    These new sensors allow the attack modification of the Yak-130 used ant-radar / anti-ship missile X-31 and the new Russian missiles Kh-38 with different variants of the guidance, and guided bombs. The weapon of class "air-to-air" will include medium-range missiles R-77m. Popovic stressed, stability and handling of the Yak-130 allow the use of such weapons.

    So Yak 135 - supersonic and with AAM with range 110km and relatively cheap in maintenance. Me thinks good prospects on international market and for RuAF not bad choice either for homeland defense.

    Agreed, those National Guard-like units that Russia is forming would eventually be mighty interested. thumbsup

    ...But those 'National Guard' units wont make it anywhere close towards Russian borders... Wink

    mack8
    Lieutenant Colonel
    Lieutenant Colonel

    Posts : 923
    Points : 983
    Join date : 2013-08-02

    Re: Yak-130: News

    Post  mack8 on Wed Sep 30, 2015 4:02 pm

    Armavir training unit will receive another four Yak-130s shortly. Currently personnel from the base are carrying acceptance checks at the factory.
    http://ria.ru/defense_safety/20150930/1293368765.html

    mack8
    Lieutenant Colonel
    Lieutenant Colonel

    Posts : 923
    Points : 983
    Join date : 2013-08-02

    Re: Yak-130: News

    Post  mack8 on Thu Oct 08, 2015 2:58 am

    Four Yak-130s delivered, borts 57, 58, 71, 72. Probably they went to Armavir?
    http://djoker-lj.livejournal.com/191933.html

    More details here:
    http://bmpd.livejournal.com/1511336.html

    George1
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 9422
    Points : 9914
    Join date : 2011-12-22
    Location : Greece

    Re: Yak-130: News

    Post  George1 on Thu Oct 08, 2015 4:59 am

    mack8 wrote:Four Yak-130s delivered, borts 57, 58, 71, 72. Probably they went to Armavir?
    http://djoker-lj.livejournal.com/191933.html

    More details here:
    http://bmpd.livejournal.com/1511336.html

    some is for aero-acrobatic team i think


    _________________
    "There's no smoke without fire.", Georgy Zhukov


    George1
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 9422
    Points : 9914
    Join date : 2011-12-22
    Location : Greece

    Re: Yak-130: News

    Post  George1 on Fri Dec 04, 2015 4:19 am

    4 new Yak-130 delivered, "74", "75", "76" and "78"

    http://bmpd.livejournal.com/1608319.html

    Total number of production vehicles of this type are set by the Ministry of Defense of Russia reached 75 units
    Currently, as part of 209th aviation training base Borisoglebsk are 42 Yak-130 and in Armavir number of aircraft Yak-130 will reach 28.


    _________________
    "There's no smoke without fire.", Georgy Zhukov


    franco
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 1732
    Points : 1772
    Join date : 2010-08-17

    Re: Yak-130: News

    Post  franco on Fri Dec 04, 2015 6:36 am

    George1 wrote:4 new Yak-130 delivered, "74", "75", "76" and "78"

    http://bmpd.livejournal.com/1608319.html

    Total number of production vehicles of this type are set by the Ministry of Defense of Russia reached 75 units
    Currently, as part of 209th aviation training base Borisoglebsk are 42 Yak-130 and in Armavir number of aircraft Yak-130 will reach 28.

    First order was 12 + 55 second order + 10 options = 77 aircraft. Two were lost in accidents and the VSK now has 75, sounds like the training version orders are complete??
    There are still the orders of 12 for the Demo squadron and 10 for Naval Aviation in work.
    There should be more orders to come, one would think.

    Sponsored content

    Re: Yak-130: News

    Post  Sponsored content Today at 5:51 pm


      Current date/time is Sat Dec 03, 2016 5:51 pm