Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

UAVs in Russian Armed Forces: News

Hole

Re: UAVs in Russian Armed Forces: News

Post  Hole on Thu Sep 13, 2018 10:24 pm

The prototype of the Okhotnik is nearly Ready for flight tests.
    GunshipDemocracy

Location : fishin on Stalin´s Strait between Mexico and Canada

Post  GunshipDemocracy on Thu Sep 13, 2018 11:08 pm

dino00 wrote:More a development concept than a prototype.

actually a prototype.
    dino00

Post  dino00 on Thu Sep 13, 2018 11:28 pm

GunshipDemocracy wrote:
    dino00 wrote:More a development concept than a prototype.

actually a prototype.

Very Happy I was talking about suckoy drone being a development concept for a Six generation Fighter.

The Hunter is a prototype for a stealth ucav...i think its dumb when they call This 6 generation.

I dont know the Russian generation Fighter will be, but i bet it wont BE subsonic
    GunshipDemocracy

Post  GunshipDemocracy on Fri Sep 14, 2018 12:05 am

dino00 wrote:
    The Hunter is a prototype for a stealth ucav...i think its dumb when they call This 6 generation.

I dont know the Russian generation Fighter will be, but i bet it wont BE subsonic

OK in this sense I got it thumbsup thumbsup thumbsup
    As for speed Im not sure if fighters flying around earth will have more than 2,5Ma anyway. Too high temperatures dut to air compression.

I'd say it is testing components of 6th gen:

a) fully autonomous flight & fight (nothing said about fighter fighting tho)
    b) EW/ beam weapons for attack and self-defense

Hole

Post  Hole on Fri Sep 14, 2018 10:34 am

They can call it like they want.
    GunshipDemocracy

Post  GunshipDemocracy on Sat Sep 15, 2018 1:09 am

Hole wrote:They can call it like they want.

I still would love to see Anchar - if its hypersonic is has to fly 40+ kms high is this in category of suborbital bombers then? Smile
    GarryB

Post  GarryB on Sun Sep 16, 2018 6:55 am

If it is defensive, and part of an air defence network, there is not need for everything to be hypersonic... many of the UCAVs would be cheaper and simpler if they were subsonic.

With new ground, air, and space based radars Russia is going to end up with pretty good coverage, but the problem is that seeing is not good enough... you need to get weapons to the target and destroy it.

Now hypersonic interceptors can play a part of that solution, but no every platform needs to be zipping around breaking sound barriers and burning up enormous amounts of fuel... several hundred aircraft with a dozen missiles each orbiting potential targets would be very useful to blunt a mass attack, while hypersonic super planes can go out and attack the launch platforms...

Besides the 5th gen fighter concept was invented by a US company... why should a Russian company not invent a 6th gen fighter?

I suspect when the next round of US sanctions get imposed on Russia that Putin will declare all western patents null and void in Russia anyway... Twisted Evil
    dino00

Post  dino00 on Sat Sep 29, 2018 12:34 am

Kronshtadt weaponises Orion-E UAV, outlines HALE UAV development

Russia’s Kronshtadt Group, a subsidiary of Joint-Stock Financial Corporation Sistema, has unveiled a strike-capable variant of the Orion-E medium-altitude long-endurance unmanned aerial vehicle (MALE UAV).

The weaponised Orion-E was showcased with a new 50 kg guided missile developed by the company.

“It is a demonstrator of a smart munition for the Orion, and its weight can be increased to 100 kg,” a company source told Jane’s . “Thus, a single UAV can carry four 50 kg or two 100 kg munitions.

“In the baseline configuration, the UAV carries one 50 kg weapon,” the source added.

Jane’s has learnt that Kronshtadt Group is developing a more advanced version of the Orion-E UAV, which is designated Orion-2.

The Orion-2 will be the first high-altitude long-endurance (HALE) UAV in the company’s portfolio. The air vehicle is understood to have a MTOW of 5,000 kg, a maximum flight altitude of 12,000 m, and a speed of 350 km/h.

https://www.janes.com/article/83350/kronshtadt-weaponises-orion-e-uav-outlines-hale-uav-development

GunshipDemocracy

Post  GunshipDemocracy on Sat Sep 29, 2018 12:45 am

GarryB wrote:If it is defensive, and part of an air defence network, there is not need for everything to be hypersonic... many of the UCAVs would be cheaper and simpler if they were subsonic.

Anchar - tree Antiaris toxicaria. After en. wiki:

Antiaris toxicaria is notorious as a poison for arrows, darts, and blowdarts. In Javanese tradition in Indonesia, Antiaris toxicaria is used with Strychnos ignatii. The latex of Antiaris toxicaria contains intensely toxic cardenolides,[10] in particular a cardiac glycoside named antiarin. The arrow poison is called upas, which in Javanese means "poison", though, like many Javanese words, it also has a number of figurative meanings, such as "watchman", "messenger" and "courier".[6]

In China, this plant is known as "arrow poison wood" and the poison is said to be so deadly that it has been described as "Seven Up Eight Down Nine Death" meaning that a victim can take no more than seven steps uphill, eight steps downhill or nine steps on level ground before dying. Some travellers' tales have it that the Upas tree is the most poisonous in the world, so that no one can reach the trunk before falling down dead.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antiaris

who says it is gonna be defensive?
    dino00

Post  dino00 on Sat Sep 29, 2018 12:21 pm

In Russia flight tests of the newest drones have begun

Flight tests of prototypes of a new unmanned aerial vehicle (UAV), launched into the air inside the rocket of the Smerch burst rocket system Cool , began in Russia. On this, on Saturday, September 29, Deputy Director General of the concern "Techmash" Alexander Kochkin told journalists.

It is noted that the main purpose of the UAV is the operational reconnaissance of targets. According to the calculations of the creators, the device will be able to stay in the air at an altitude of 500 m for 20 minutes and monitor the territory to 25 square meters. km.
    dino00

Post  dino00 on Tue Oct 09, 2018 10:52 am

The development of the drone "Altair" discontinued - the media

The development of a heavy unmanned aerial vehicle may continue in another enterprise.

Development of a heavy drone "Altair", which dealt with the OKB. MP Simonov, discontinued. It is reported by the newspaper Vedomosti, citing a source in the Ministry of Defense.

The report stressed that the groundwork for the "Altair" will not disappear: the creation of a UAV of this class can be continued in another enterprise.

https://tvzvezda.ru/news/opk/content/201810091043-dyax.htm

dino00

Post  dino00 on Tue Oct 09, 2018 11:55 am

Source: the decision to change the manufacturer of the drone "Altair" will take until the end of the year

According to the interlocutor of TASS, about the closure of the program "there was no talk at all"

MOSCOW, October 9. / Tass /. The decision to transfer the production of the Altair unmanned aerial vehicle (Altius theme) to the Ural Civil Aviation Plant (UZGA) will be made before the end of the year, it was not planned to close the program. This was reported TASS source in the military-industrial complex.

The transfer of production from the Simonov Design Bureau to UZGA is under consideration. The final decision should be made in December," a source said.

The agency interlocutor added that "in principle, there was no talk of closing this program." "A possible transfer of production is associated with known problems in the OKB," he added.

More
    https://tass.ru/armiya-i-opk/5652285

hoom

Post  hoom on Tue Oct 09, 2018 4:37 pm

Sounds like its been a deeply troubled program https://bmpd.livejournal.com/3371103.html
    Aside from insinuation of corruption & mostly outsourcing of the work, it seems the thing barely works
    at the end of 2014, when the device was supposed to fly, only an approach took place - the car was torn off the strip and re-planted. And with the first flight reached to 2015. Meanwhile, according to the terms of the state contract worth 3.6 billion rubles worth of design contracts (ROC) Altius-O, concluded in November 2014, the bureau by February 2017 was supposed to produce two UAV models and hand them over in November 2018 But today, the Okrovskaya car made only a few flights, while a minimum of 50 is required. The source itself describes the flights with irony: the maximum height is 800 m, the drone is controlled from a helicopter flying near it, while preparing for the flight takes more than a week.
    Hole

Post  Hole on Tue Oct 09, 2018 10:06 pm

BS on par with CNN. "Unnamed source tells me... bla, bla, bla."

Simonov is a design bureau, UZGA will be the production plant.
    PapaDragon

Post  PapaDragon on Wed Oct 10, 2018 1:50 am

hoom wrote:Sounds like its been a deeply troubled program https://bmpd.livejournal.com/3371103.html
    Aside from insinuation of corruption & mostly outsourcing of the work, it seems the thing barely works
    at the end of 2014, when the device was supposed to fly, only an approach took place - the car was torn off the strip and re-planted. And with the first flight reached to 2015. Meanwhile, according to the terms of the state contract worth 3.6 billion rubles worth of design contracts (ROC) Altius-O, concluded in November 2014, the bureau by February 2017 was supposed to produce two UAV models and hand them over in November 2018 But today, the Okrovskaya car made only a few flights, while a minimum of 50 is required. The source itself describes the flights with irony: the maximum height is 800 m, the drone is controlled from a helicopter flying near it, while preparing for the flight takes more than a week.

I would usually say that it sounds like a bad joke but I can't because this sounds like a great joke. I laughed my ass off...

800m and a helicopter? You can't make that stuff up lol1

Sending it to different developer is definitely smart thing to do. I hope they don't forget to sue previous ones for fraud.
    GarryB

Post  GarryB on Wed Oct 10, 2018 10:26 am

who says it is gonna be defensive?

Well the poison developer... the plant... was using it as a defence... it took a human to coat a weapon with the poison to make the weapon more effective in offense...
    miketheterrible

Post  miketheterrible on Wed Oct 10, 2018 11:06 am

What about Orion? It sounds like it already works and works fine. While having decent range, altitude and capabilities.

ATLASCUB

Post  ATLASCUB on Sun Nov 11, 2018 7:13 am

Anyone knows the source of this video?

WARNING: MUTE SOUND BEFORE WATCHING.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed Nov 21, 2018 8:05 pm