Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues


    Su-25SM numbers

    Share

    mack8
    Lieutenant Colonel
    Lieutenant Colonel

    Posts : 923
    Points : 983
    Join date : 2013-08-02

    Re: Su-25SM numbers

    Post  mack8 on Tue Oct 11, 2016 5:01 pm

    Su-25SM3!


    kopyo-21
    Private
    Private

    Posts : 46
    Points : 48
    Join date : 2013-08-21
    Location : Bangkok - Thailand

    Re: Su-25SM numbers

    Post  kopyo-21 on Tue Oct 11, 2016 5:40 pm

    mack8 wrote:Su-25SM3!

    We can see 3 MAW sensors under fuselage, 2 at the tail and 1 at near foward landing gear bay. Not sure they can cover 360° around Su-25SM3 with 3 these sensors.

    medo
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 3057
    Points : 3155
    Join date : 2010-10-24
    Location : Slovenia

    Re: Su-25SM numbers

    Post  medo on Tue Oct 11, 2016 8:50 pm

    kopyo-21 wrote:
    mack8 wrote:Su-25SM3!

    We can see 3 MAW sensors under fuselage, 2 at the tail and 1 at near foward landing gear bay. Not sure they can cover 360° around Su-25SM3 with 3 these sensors.

    Missiles could not hit the jet exactly from the side, not to be seen from the front as the jet is faster than the helicopter. I'm sure they calculate well, that MAWS sensors cover dangerous angles, from which missiles could attack. Now we could only hope it have SOLT targeting complex in the nose and that we will see, what differences it have in the cockpit. It also have new data link antenna.

    SeigSoloyvov
    Senior Sergeant
    Senior Sergeant

    Posts : 224
    Points : 226
    Join date : 2016-04-08

    Re: Su-25SM numbers

    Post  SeigSoloyvov on Tue Oct 11, 2016 11:55 pm

    medo wrote:
    kopyo-21 wrote:
    mack8 wrote:Su-25SM3!

    We can see 3 MAW sensors under fuselage, 2 at the tail and 1 at near foward landing gear bay. Not sure they can cover 360° around Su-25SM3 with 3 these sensors.

    Missiles  could not hit the jet exactly from the side, not to be seen from the front as the jet is faster than the helicopter. I'm sure they calculate well, that MAWS sensors cover dangerous angles, from which missiles could attack. Now we could only hope it have SOLT targeting complex in the nose and that we will see, what differences it have in the cockpit. It also have new data link antenna.

    Any idea how many of these russia has and plans to get?

    Militarov
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 4877
    Points : 4924
    Join date : 2015-09-02
    Location : Serbia

    Re: Su-25SM numbers

    Post  Militarov on Wed Oct 12, 2016 1:27 am

    SeigSoloyvov wrote:
    medo wrote:
    kopyo-21 wrote:
    mack8 wrote:Su-25SM3!

    We can see 3 MAW sensors under fuselage, 2 at the tail and 1 at near foward landing gear bay. Not sure they can cover 360° around Su-25SM3 with 3 these sensors.

    Missiles  could not hit the jet exactly from the side, not to be seen from the front as the jet is faster than the helicopter. I'm sure they calculate well, that MAWS sensors cover dangerous angles, from which missiles could attack. Now we could only hope it have SOLT targeting complex in the nose and that we will see, what differences it have in the cockpit. It also have new data link antenna.

    Any idea how many of these russia has and plans to get?

    Somewhere they said 84 are to be modernised by 2020.

    George1
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 9457
    Points : 9949
    Join date : 2011-12-22
    Location : Greece

    Re: Su-25SM numbers

    Post  George1 on Wed Oct 12, 2016 6:59 am

    SeigSoloyvov wrote:
    Any idea how many of these russia has and plans to get?

    the contracts till now is for 5+9=14 aircrafts


    _________________
    "There's no smoke without fire.", Georgy Zhukov


    franco
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 1779
    Points : 1819
    Join date : 2010-08-18

    Re: Su-25SM numbers

    Post  franco on Wed Oct 12, 2016 10:44 pm

    George1 wrote:
    SeigSoloyvov wrote:
    Any idea how many of these russia has and plans to get?

    the contracts till now is for 5+9=14 aircrafts


    Good question. When the order for the 5 being built for this year was announced, they said they would be tendering 40 by the end of 2020. A couple of years ago it mentioned at 60 and prior to that 80. We will have to wait and see. There were 84 upgraded to Su-25SM standard, of which late 2015 it was stated that 79 were still active.

    medo
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 3057
    Points : 3155
    Join date : 2010-10-24
    Location : Slovenia

    Re: Su-25SM numbers

    Post  medo on Thu Oct 13, 2016 9:08 pm

    How many Su-25UB were modernized to Su-25UBM? They will be part of Su-25SM3 regiments.

    franco
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 1779
    Points : 1819
    Join date : 2010-08-18

    Re: Su-25SM numbers

    Post  franco on Thu Oct 13, 2016 11:16 pm

    medo wrote:How many Su-25UB were modernized to Su-25UBM? They will be part of Su-25SM3 regiments.

    Maybe two dunno

    Serious concern. No new ones and old ones apparently too used up to upgrade.

    Sponsored content

    Re: Su-25SM numbers

    Post  Sponsored content Today at 7:29 pm


      Current date/time is Sat Dec 10, 2016 7:29 pm