Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

Norway shooting oddity

GarryB
    Colonel
    Colonel

Re: Norway shooting oddity

Post  GarryB on Wed Oct 05, 2011 3:52 am

Possibly the reason I have a problem with Israel and the US... they seem to think they are the chosen people and somehow better than everyone else.

I am not sure what Americans see when someone in an American movie set in a foreign country stands up and says something like "you can't do that to me, I am an American citizen!".

Usually results in light objects like pillows hitting the TV screen followed by calls to kill the guy who said it...

Of course those sort of people stand out and are often easy to spot... if it is American then it must be the best... even if I have no idea what anyone else in the world in the same field has managed to produce... if it is any good it was probably a copy of an old American thing that is obsolete now.

Anyway Pervius, you are quite correct that racism is everywhere in lots of forms, but the forum rules mean that if a moderator finds it here they will do something about it... and I like that because I don't condone racism.

The problem I have is jewish people claiming judiasm is both a religion and a race... clearly ridiculous as a religion is a choice... a set of beliefs.
    Considering the suggested geographical origin of the ethnic jews their anthropomorphic features are wrong, their skin colour should be darker for a start.

Ask most Americans and they will say Jesus was white... perhaps if he lived in the North Pole with Santa...

SOC
    Lieutenant
    Lieutenant

Post  SOC on Wed Oct 05, 2011 6:44 am

GarryB wrote:Ask most Americans and they will say Jesus was white... perhaps if he lived in the North Pole with Santa...

I'm going to go out on a limb and assume that this has far more to do with the overwhelming depiction of Jesus as a white guy in Catholic imagery since at the very least the time of the Crusades. Catholicism moves to America, the iamgery follows it. The fact that it's completely unscientific is another story entirely.

milky_candy_sugar
    Junior Lieutenant
    Junior Lieutenant

Post  milky_candy_sugar on Wed Oct 05, 2011 7:03 am

GarryB wrote:. The problem I have is jewish people claiming judiasm is both a religion and a race... clearly ridiculous as a religion is a choice... a set of beliefs.
    Considering the suggested geographical origin of the ethnic jews their anthropomorphic features are wrong, their skin colour should be darker for a start.

Ask most Americans and they will say Jesus was white... perhaps if he lived in the North Pole with Santa...

You can very well be racially/ethnically jew without being of jewish religion, which is why it's an Ethno Religious group by definition. Yet, converting to judaism for "gentiles" is a whole different story - it's extremely difficult to convert and be accepted by the jewish religious community, which basically means that you're simply born jew or not. Many jews got pale skin, because a large number of them migrated to Europe for over thousands of years - They are called Ahkhenazi jews. Now if you look at Sefardi jews, the ones which stayed in the Near East or North Africa then yes, they definitely have the typical anthropomorphic features of a jew. Ashkhenazi got a similar facial structure, just in more pale, which makes it possible (at least for me) to
    recognise people of jewish descent after looking at them.

And well, Jesus was most likely brown Very Happy

GarryB
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  GarryB on Wed Oct 05, 2011 12:31 pm

I'm going to go out on a limb and assume that this has far more to do with the overwhelming depiction of Jesus as a white guy in Catholic imagery since at the very least the time of the Crusades. Catholicism moves to America, the iamgery follows it. The fact that it's completely unscientific is another story entirely.

What you say is correct, but there are a few in the US I think that probably believe Jesus was American... Wink

And well, Jesus was most likely brown

Based on the region he is supposed to have come from he would have had a beautiful olive light brown skin that most of my sisters would be terribly jealous of.

Remember I come from a generation where people with white skin lay out in the sun to get dark skin to look healthy.
    My brother lives in Thailand where shops sell products to lighten the skin because dark skin is considered common and lower class.

Is anyone happy with how they look?

Is there a company out there that will not tell you you have a problem and only their product can solve it?

BTW I don't believe skin colour changes in a thousand years or two thousand years, the ethnic Aboriginals in Australia have deep black skin colour and the white people that have moved there for 200 years are still white...

If they change skin colour by interbreeding then they are not jews any more are they...

Pervius
    Senior Sergeant
    Senior Sergeant

Post  Pervius on Thu Oct 06, 2011 11:12 pm

milky_candy_sugar wrote:To say that Israel is a Jewish state would be like saying that Russia is a Russian state...

Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu just said in a big speech Israel is a "Jewish State".

His words meant it will never be a melting pot nor a Democracy. Only full Bloods will rule Israel...and Palestine. You didn't have to tell us you were part Jewish. I already knew by your facial features. My guess is dad is a successful Russian business man, maybe former Russian Officer who's in Vietnam making money for Russia. Israel would gladly accept your help as an Agent, maybe even offer you a little money. But they would never allow you to be in their Government in any position of power if you moved there to your homeland. You're a half blood.

Israeli's are racist and don't give equal power to half bloods.

Corrosion
    Sergeant
    Sergeant

Post  Corrosion on Fri Oct 07, 2011 12:42 am

GarryB wrote:Ask most Americans and they will say Jesus was white... perhaps if he lived in the North Pole with Santa...
    There is similar case with Buddha as in most depictions he is shown with mongol features.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content Today at 3:26 am

Current date/time is Mon Dec 05, 2016 3:26 am