Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues


    Police and Crime in Russia

    Share
    avatar
    Russian Patriot

    Posts : 1156
    Points : 2042
    Join date : 2009-07-21
    Age : 27
    Location : USA- although I am Russian

    Police and Crime in Russia

    Post  Russian Patriot on Sat Feb 26, 2011 3:51 am

    I will start this with firings notifications:


    Russia  Medvedev fires 7 top Russian police officers in ongoing reforms





    Russian President Dmitry Medvedev has fired seven high-ranking police officers as part of his drive to improve policing in the country, the Kremlin announced on Friday.

    The list includes a Moscow deputy police chief and generals in the regional forces of Chelyabinsk, Stavropol and the Urals.

    Medvedev promised to clean up the country's police force following a series of high-profile scandals. A package of reforms passed by parliament earlier this year that comes into effect on March 1 requires a 20 percent cut in officer numbers by 2012.

    It will also rename the Russian law enforcement agency from the time-honored "militia" to the Western-style "police."



    MOSCOW, February 25 (RIA Novosti)

    http://en.rian.ru/russia/20110225/162753165.html



    FSB Deputy Chief Fired

    Russian President Dmitry Medvedev has dismissed Federal Security Service (FSB) deputy head Vyacheslav Ushakov over his poor performance, press secretary Natalya Timakova said on Monday.

    "The president has signed a decree relieving FSB Deputy Director Col. Gen. Vyasheslav Ushakov of his official duties and discharging him from military service," Timakova said.

    She added that the decision was made at the request of FSB head Alexander Bortnikov.

    Asked about the reasons for Ushakov's dismissal, she said: "Shortcomings in his work and code of ethics violations."

    Ushakov, who joined the service in 1975, was appointed FSB deputy chief in July 2003.

    MOSCOW, February 21 (RIA Novosti)

    http://en.rian.ru/russia/20110221/162702588.html


    Russia:Reductions in police force not to involve Russia's North Caucasus - Medvedev


    Cutting the number of policemen under the police reform in Russia will not affect the Caucasus, Russian President Dmitry Medvedev said during a meeting of the National Counterterrorist Committee on Tuesday.

    The draft federal law on Russia's police reform will come into effect from March 1, 2011. It includes changing the name of Russian law enforcers from "militsia" to the internationally accepted word "police," and will cut the number of policemen by 20% while increasing salaries to those remaining on board.

    According to Medvedev, the number of police officers in the Caucasus will be increased in some cases.

    "The protection of judges is effected... But this is only the beginning, the job should continue," the president said.

    "Here in the Caucasus our citizens are confronted with terrorism almost daily, [terrorism] also exists in other parts of the country but in the Caucasus it is almost everywhere and terrorist attacks happen quite often," Medvedev said.

    Medvedev admitted that radical improvements have not yet occurred. "Terrorist attacks in the past and this year indicate that our country has many problems with security," he said.

    Medvedev said there "should be no relaxation and there are no universal recipes" in the fight against terrorism.

    VLADIKAVKAZ, February 22 (RIA Novosti)


    http://en.rian.ru/russia/20110222/162718539.html
    avatar
    Viktor

    Posts : 5647
    Points : 6284
    Join date : 2009-08-25
    Age : 37
    Location : Croatia

    Crime in Russia

    Post  Viktor on Thu Jan 09, 2014 4:25 pm

    100 000 of crimes less in Russia during first 10 months in comparison with 2012  attack 

    In Russia in 2013, the trend towards reducing crime
    avatar
    Viktor

    Posts : 5647
    Points : 6284
    Join date : 2009-08-25
    Age : 37
    Location : Croatia

    Re: Police and Crime in Russia

    Post  Viktor on Mon Jan 27, 2014 1:57 pm

    Great  thumbsup 

    Murders in Russia in a sharp decline

    avatar
    AlfaT8

    Posts : 1569
    Points : 1566
    Join date : 2013-02-02

    Murders in Russia in a sharp decline

    Post  AlfaT8 on Mon Jan 27, 2014 3:32 pm

    Viktor wrote:Great  thumbsup 

    Murders in Russia in a sharp decline

    Holy ****  Shocked
    avatar
    macedonian

    Posts : 1073
    Points : 1102
    Join date : 2013-04-29
    Location : Skopje, Macedonia - Скопје, Македонија

    Re: Police and Crime in Russia

    Post  macedonian on Mon Feb 03, 2014 2:03 pm

    W-T-F?!!!

    РИА Новости wrote:MOSCOW, February 3 (RIA Novosti) – A 15-year-old boy who was a near straight-A student fatally shot a teacher and a policeman with a rifle at his school in northeast Moscow on Monday, according to police and media reports.

    RIA News

     Question 
    avatar
    Hannibal Barca

    Posts : 1249
    Points : 1265
    Join date : 2013-12-13

    Re: Police and Crime in Russia

    Post  Hannibal Barca on Mon Feb 03, 2014 3:09 pm

    wow! this was pretty much the last remaining Americunt idiocy Russians hadn't adored yet.
    avatar
    Regular

    Posts : 2062
    Points : 2060
    Join date : 2013-03-10
    Location : Western Hemisphere.. mostly

    Re: Police and Crime in Russia

    Post  Regular on Mon Feb 03, 2014 7:44 pm

    Well isn't it first school shooting in Russia? I'm wonder why it didn't happen in 90ies when You could get PM with no probs, schools were like prisons and life was harsh.
    Apparently prep was deluded and talked about after life. And he was with women clothing as well..
    avatar
    sepheronx

    Posts : 7118
    Points : 7392
    Join date : 2009-08-06
    Age : 28
    Location : Canada

    Re: Police and Crime in Russia

    Post  sepheronx on Mon Feb 03, 2014 8:51 pm

    There are crazy people everywhere. Sad that this has happened. It is the glorifying in the media (do not blame americans themselves, blame the media) that such things are mentioned repeatedly in the media, giving ideas to these wackos on what to do to be "remembered".
    avatar
    TR1

    Posts : 5589
    Points : 5603
    Join date : 2011-12-06

    Re: Police and Crime in Russia

    Post  TR1 on Mon Feb 03, 2014 8:55 pm

    Hannibal Barca wrote:wow! this was pretty much the last remaining Americunt idiocy Russians hadn't adored yet.

    Yes, all Americunts are gun nuts and love to shoot each other up.

    avatar
    sepheronx

    Posts : 7118
    Points : 7392
    Join date : 2009-08-06
    Age : 28
    Location : Canada

    Re: Police and Crime in Russia

    Post  sepheronx on Mon Feb 03, 2014 9:01 pm

    TR1 wrote:
    Hannibal Barca wrote:wow! this was pretty much the last remaining Americunt idiocy Russians hadn't adored yet.

    Yes, all Americunts are gun nuts and love to shoot each other up.


    I think he was being sarcastic.

    But you have to admit, the amount of stories of school shootings in USA is quite common now.

    that, and listening to half the jackasses on MP.net, it isn't hard to get that perception.
    avatar
    KomissarBojanchev

    Posts : 1426
    Points : 1591
    Join date : 2012-08-05
    Age : 20
    Location : Varna, Bulgaria

    Re: Police and Crime in Russia

    Post  KomissarBojanchev on Tue Feb 04, 2014 1:15 am

    Oh god  Rolling Eyes  Mad  Mad  Mad  Mad  Mad http://en.itar-tass.com/russia/717379

    now they'll start wave of useless anti-gun legislations instead of making it have more liberty as it should be. The fact that a police officer was shot also means that you can't completely rely on them and concealed carry should be legal for people wanting to do it.

    Also those anti-gun laws won't solve Russia's main problem: domestic, alcohol and drugn induced violence most of it not commited by guns but by the economic hardship and current psychological influences.

    Here in Bulgaria even though concealed carry is almost completely banned its very common even in the sity center for someone to slit your throat or bash with a bat while the policemen here are very spread up and thoroughly corrupt, so we are an example why gun bans don't mean absolutely anything.
    avatar
    gaurav

    Posts : 377
    Points : 371
    Join date : 2013-02-19
    Age : 38
    Location : Blr

    Re: Police and Crime in Russia

    Post  gaurav on Tue Feb 04, 2014 5:12 pm


    I think he was being sarcastic.
    He he he ..
    I must say yu are correct on this. Cool 
    avatar
    Regular

    Posts : 2062
    Points : 2060
    Join date : 2013-03-10
    Location : Western Hemisphere.. mostly

    Re: Police and Crime in Russia

    Post  Regular on Tue Feb 04, 2014 8:39 pm

    KomissarBojanchev wrote:Oh god  Rolling Eyes  Mad  Mad  Mad  Mad  Mad http://en.itar-tass.com/russia/717379

    now they'll start wave of useless anti-gun legislations instead of making it have more liberty as it should be. The fact that a police officer was shot also means that you can't completely rely on them and concealed carry should be legal for people wanting to do it.

    Also those anti-gun laws won't  solve Russia's main problem: domestic, alcohol and drugn induced violence most of it not commited by guns but by the economic hardship and current psychological influences.

    Here in Bulgaria even though concealed carry is almost completely banned its very common even in the sity center for someone to slit your throat or bash with a bat while the policemen here are very spread up and thoroughly corrupt, so we are an example why gun bans don't mean absolutely anything.
    I wonder when they'll start confiscating weapons from Chechens in Moscow or from nice folks in Caucasus where everyone and their grandmothers have AK under their beds. Remember Beslan when civilians were running around with guns too?
    It's very easy to get gun in Russia even if You are not criminal element and it's easy to smuggle them in and out in small to medium quantities.
    avatar
    GarryB

    Posts : 17793
    Points : 18359
    Join date : 2010-03-30
    Location : New Zealand

    Re: Police and Crime in Russia

    Post  GarryB on Thu Feb 20, 2014 6:34 am

    Of course banning guns doesn't work... just like banning drugs doesn't stop drug addiction....

    Perhaps they should ban murder and then people wont be killed any more...  Rolling Eyes 


    _________________
    “The West won the world not by the superiority of its ideas or values or religion […] but rather by its superiority in applying organized violence. Westerners often forget this fact; non-Westerners never do.”

    ― Samuel P. Huntington, The Clash of Civilizations and the Remaking of World Order
    avatar
    Werewolf

    Posts : 5301
    Points : 5510
    Join date : 2012-10-24

    Re: Police and Crime in Russia

    Post  Werewolf on Thu Feb 20, 2014 8:04 am

    GarryB wrote:Of course banning guns doesn't work... just like banning drugs doesn't stop drug addiction....

    Perhaps they should ban murder and then people wont be killed any more...   Rolling Eyes 

    Don't laugh Garry but in Germany there is a law that bans death within a minister period, you are literally not allowed to die when you are any kind of minister position.To avoid high costs of government funeral and payment for widows. Our brilliant politicians really thaught that would prevent people from dying, rather than making a law that just does not grant ministers a government funeral, no you just not allowed to die. Laughing
    avatar
    Hannibal Barca

    Posts : 1249
    Points : 1265
    Join date : 2013-12-13

    Re: Police and Crime in Russia

    Post  Hannibal Barca on Sat Mar 15, 2014 12:14 am

    A Russian just told me that the statistics which report increase are fake and that there is an increasing problem.
    That now you don't see any kids in the roads and that the situation declined steadily since 2008.
    That you can't find nurseries for the kids and that most people don't rent houses to families with kids!
    He also said that the last census was a joke and that he himself registered twice and that the total population was with the immigrants which by themselves are 7-10 million.
    I know he is a retard and I certainly don't trust him but I raise the question here. Can this be true?
    avatar
    Werewolf

    Posts : 5301
    Points : 5510
    Join date : 2012-10-24

    Re: Police and Crime in Russia

    Post  Werewolf on Sat Mar 15, 2014 1:02 am

    Hannibal Barca wrote:A Russian just told me that the statistics which report increase are fake and that there is an increasing problem.
    That now you don't see any kids in the roads and that the situation declined steadily since 2008.
    That you can't find nurseries for the kids and that most people don't rent houses to families with kids!
    He also said that the last census was a joke and that he himself registered twice and that the total population was with the immigrants which by themselves are 7-10 million.
    I know he is a retard and I certainly don't trust him but I raise the question here. Can this be true?

    No and i would highly doubt that just because an alledged "russian" tells you something that it has any truth in it. Liars are everywhere and so far even independend numbers show the opposite of what that guy claimed.

    Just interested where did you get this guy, sounds like some guy i seen on other forums who claimed to be russian, speaks fluently russian but is most problably estonian which enough factors indicated that thing, he also made lot of lies and supports lies that are hurting russia or russian image. People often like and try to address the problems that have been caused by Yeltzin and Gorbachov as Putins fault, like homeless increased, or in 90s were Yeltzin has granted USA and UK oil companies the Partner Sharing Aggreement were Russia itself did not get a single Dollar of all russian oil that was exported to UK/US, and some stupid stories of "millions" (recognize he meant plural) genocided chechenian civilists by "putins" order.

    avatar
    Viktor

    Posts : 5647
    Points : 6284
    Join date : 2009-08-25
    Age : 37
    Location : Croatia

    Number of murder in Russia for the year decreased by 7%

    Post  Viktor on Fri Mar 21, 2014 11:26 am

    Nice  thumbsup 

    Number of murder in Russia for the year decreased by 7%

    jka

    Posts : 61
    Points : 67
    Join date : 2015-02-05
    Age : 31
    Location : Olofström

    The Police

    Post  jka on Tue Aug 18, 2015 4:28 pm

    The Police
    Полиция
    Politsiya

    Employees: 914,525 (2014).

    Links: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Police_of_Russia

    Sleep
    avatar
    George1

    Posts : 11451
    Points : 11924
    Join date : 2011-12-22
    Location : Greece

    Re: Police and Crime in Russia

    Post  George1 on Tue Nov 03, 2015 8:49 pm

    Financing of Russian uniformed agencies to increase by $810 mln in 2016

    Overall, the spending planned for security and law enforcement in Russia equals 2.024 trillion rubles ($31.8 billion)

    MOSCOW, November 3. /TASS/. The financing of Russia’s uniformed agencies will grow by 26 billion rubles ($410 million), according to a draft resolution the State Duma Security and Anticorruption Committee has issued in response to the 2016 draft budget. The committee is reviewing the main financial document of the nation, with the interested governmental bodies taking part in the process.

    Overall, the spending planned for security and law enforcement equals 2.024 trillion rubles ($31.8 billion).

    A draft federal budget was published in the state Duma’s electronic database on October 24. Under the draft, the 2016 defense spending was set at 3,145.090 billion rubles ($49.5 billion), i.e. there is a 25.5-billion-ruble ($400-million) increase over 2015.

    At the same time, the financing of the Public Order and Anti-Crime Program was set by the draft budget at about 816 billion rubles ($12.8 billion) — an approximately 15-billion-ruble (about 2%) reduction compared with 2015.

    Relative to the GDP, the defense spending alone is 4% in 2016. Its share of the overall federal budget will diminish to 19.6% compared with 2015 (20.2%).

    Russia’s federal budget income in 2016 is planned to be 13.577 trillion rubles ($213 billion) and expenditures — 15.761 trillion rubles ($248 billion), according to the draft law worked out by the Finance Ministry and published on the Federal Website for Draft Laws and Regulations.

    The budget includes the estimated GDP standing at 78.673 trillion rubles ($1.24 trillion) and an inflation rate within 6.4%.


    _________________
    "There's no smoke without fire.", Georgy Zhukov

    avatar
    George1

    Posts : 11451
    Points : 11924
    Join date : 2011-12-22
    Location : Greece

    Re: Police and Crime in Russia

    Post  George1 on Thu Nov 05, 2015 12:03 pm

    Russian police seize over 970 kg of synthetic drugs worth $599 mln in special raid

    A large-scale special operation has been carried out to liquidate a transnational criminal group engaged in the delivery of synthetic drugs from South-East Asia to Russia

    MOSCOW, November 5. /TASS/. Russia’s Federal Drug Control Service has seized over 970 kilos of synthetic drugs concentrate worth over 38 billion rubles ($599 million) in a special operation, Service Head Viktor Ivanov said on Thursday.

    "A large-scale special operation, the Estonian Nocturne, has been carried out to liquidate a transnational criminal group engaged in the delivery of wholesale batches of synthetic drugs concentrate from South-East Asia to Russia," he said.

    The drug control officers established that criminals were using heavy-duty trucks to transport large batches of synthetic drugs to Russia across the Russian-Chinese border and store them at a wholesale transshipment base in Ussuriysk.

    "After that, drugs were transported in batches of 150 to 300 kilos to Novosibirsk and Kazan by small-tonnage trucks in specially equipped hiding places," the chief of Russia’s drugs control service said.

    Overall, Russian drug control police have detained 23 persons, opened criminal cases and are carrying out search and investigative measures.

    "In the first nine months of this year alone, drug control agencies seized over 3 tons of synthetic drugs or 60% more than in the entire previous year," Ivanov said.


    _________________
    "There's no smoke without fire.", Georgy Zhukov

    avatar
    Militarov

    Posts : 5915
    Points : 5952
    Join date : 2015-09-02
    Location : Serbia

    Re: Police and Crime in Russia

    Post  Militarov on Sat Apr 30, 2016 1:31 pm

    Russia may buy «Bozena Riot» remotely operated, armored vehicle designed to handle riots and mobs in the streets and urbanized areas.



    The «Bozena Riot» may buy for the recently established National Guard agency. «Bozena Riot» security system, a light armored vehicle operated remotely with a massive protection shield for ‘crowd control and mass violence.



    The system offers a solution for both protecting the law-enforcement units in action and controlling the situation whenever peace maintenance is required. The machine’s design follows the concept of the BOZENA 4 demining system, which has been in use in various countries across Europe, Africa, America and Asia for several years. BOZENA RIOT comes with a high performance, low noise and low-emission engine, equipped with internal automatic fire extinguishing features. The system can be supported with various accessories which serve as easily deployable, efficient tools capable of:

    - Directing or dispersing gathered groups into desired directions or areas.
    - Safe and effective access control.
    - Direct observation and monitoring of the crowd situation enabling dispersal of serious rioters.
    - Accessing buildings, bridges and other elevated positions occupied by aggressors, from an elevated platform.
    - Communication with rioters through the loudspeaker and protected display situated in the front part of the system.
    - Various other tasks such as removal of barricades, vehicles, dangerous objects and materials, by means of additional attachments.

    avatar
    kvs

    Posts : 3671
    Points : 3778
    Join date : 2014-09-11
    Location : Canuckistan

    Re: Police and Crime in Russia

    Post  kvs on Sat Apr 30, 2016 2:53 pm

    Militarov wrote:Russia may buy «Bozena Riot» remotely operated, armored vehicle designed to handle riots and mobs in the streets and urbanized areas.



    The «Bozena Riot» may buy for the recently established National Guard agency.   «Bozena Riot» security system, a light armored vehicle operated remotely with a massive protection shield for ‘crowd control and mass violence.



    The system offers a solution for both protecting the law-enforcement units in action and controlling the situation whenever peace maintenance is required. The machine’s design follows the concept of the BOZENA 4 demining system, which has been in use in various countries across Europe, Africa, America and Asia for several years. BOZENA RIOT comes with a high performance, low noise and low-emission engine, equipped with internal automatic fire extinguishing features. The system can be supported with various accessories which serve as easily deployable, efficient tools capable of:

    - Directing or dispersing gathered groups into desired directions or areas.
    - Safe and effective access control.
    - Direct observation and monitoring of the crowd situation enabling dispersal of serious rioters.
    - Accessing buildings, bridges and other elevated positions occupied by aggressors, from an elevated platform.
    - Communication with rioters through the loudspeaker and protected display situated in the front part of the system.
    - Various other tasks such as removal of barricades, vehicles, dangerous objects and materials, by means of additional attachments.


    The Maidan has demonstrated the need for a nerve gas approach to riot control. Tear gas, rubber bullets, barricades including moving ones such
    as the above, etc. are ineffective dispersal agents. The militarized rioting scum needs to be taken out. Since a kull is not "civilized" a softer
    option is needed. Work should be done on paralytic and knock-out gases or aerosols that will render the mob inert in a few minutes. The
    challenge is to have some sort of built in dose control. In the case of the Nord Ost theater hostage crisis the use of an anesthetic resulted in
    deaths because there was no dose control and people's lungs shut down and they suffocated.
    avatar
    franco

    Posts : 2921
    Points : 2953
    Join date : 2010-08-18

    Re: Police and Crime in Russia

    Post  franco on Sat May 07, 2016 12:28 am

    Number of investigators to increase with merger of FKSN into the MVD

    MOSCOW, May 6 -. RIA Novosti Russian Interior Ministry intends to take to your staff all the staff of the preliminary investigation, members of the abolished Federal Drug Control Service - 2235 posts.

    A draft presidential decree providing for an increase in staffing levels investigative the Interior Ministry, hosted by the Office on Friday on the portal regulation.gov.ru for public comment, and anti-corruption expertise.

    "The staffing Russian Federal Drug Control Service of the preliminary investigation bodies is 2235 units The draft decree limiting regular number of the preliminary investigation in the Russian Interior Ministry increased to 46,624 units (from 44 389 to date)." - Said in an accompanying note to the draft.

    The proposed number of investigators is optimal to ensure appropriate performance and operational efficiency, prevent the deterioration of the quality of investigation and unjustified increase in terms of the investigation, the developers of the document.

    avatar
    Militarov

    Posts : 5915
    Points : 5952
    Join date : 2015-09-02
    Location : Serbia

    Re: Police and Crime in Russia

    Post  Militarov on Mon May 09, 2016 9:58 pm


    Sponsored content

    Re: Police and Crime in Russia

    Post  Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Tue Jun 19, 2018 2:17 pm