Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

Egyptian Man to Fight Full-Grown Lion with His Bare Hands

ahmedfire
    Captain
    Captain

Egyptian Man to Fight Full-Grown Lion with His Bare Hands

Post  ahmedfire on Fri Jun 24, 2011 11:10 am

Sayed al Essawy, an Egyptian who claims to be the world’s strongest man, announced he will be fighting a 10-year-old, 230 kg lion, in front of the pyramids, to boost his country’s tourism business.

I know it sounds silly, but Sayed is very serious about his plan, despite international outrage from animal activists. He claims he discovered his incredible strength when he was only 13, and almost immediately afterwards promised himself he would one day fight a lion. With the current state of the economy in Egypt, because of the recent revolution, Sayed al Essawy thought this was the perfect time to fulfill his childhood dream and at the same time boost his country’s tourism business by promoting the fight.

In an interview with Al Masry Al Youm, Essawy confessed there is also a very serious political message that he wants to send. After he has vanquished the lion, he wants to place an Israeli flag on its body and put his foot on it. He says it was Israel who pushed him to do this, with all the atrocities they committed while he was growing up, and now he wants to prove that even though Israel and America are as strong as lions, they can still be defeated by the Arab youth, which is about to explode…

Sayed al Essawy says the lion is currently housed on a friend’s farm, and that he hasn’t spent much time with it, for fear he might become too attached to it. Although the fight will take place in a cage, he plans to give the feline a fair chance, by not administering it any tranquilizers, and by fighting it with his bare hands. The Egyptian strong man says he’s even developed a new fighting style, especially for this epic confrontation, called “Life or Death”, but that the most important training method has been meditation. He visualizes the fight for two hours at a time, anticipating all the ways the lion could attack him and the best ways to dodge his charges. He claims he has no fear for his life, and that he’s actually more worried about the lion. He has also fought aggressive dogs in the past, so he has a little experience with animals…

As you’ve probably already guessed, Sayed hasn’t managed to get all the permits he needs to stage the fight in front of the pyramids, especially after the international outrage from animal activists. The would-be lion fighter claims he is disappointed by their reaction, and claims they misunderstood his intentions. He doesn’t intend to of kill the big cat, but he is prepared to do it, if the lion gives him no other choice. If the animal acknowledges his strength, backs away and lets Sayed tie him up, he will spare his life, but if it turns into a life or death situation, he might be forced to kill him, with his bare hands. When is fighting a lion not a matter of life or death, right? But I’m not worried about the lion, if Sayed actually plans to fight fair…

If he doesn’t get all the approvals he needs, Sayed al Essawy plans to stage the fight in a secret location and invite just a few important journalists able to spread the news about his bravery and incredible strength, and deliver his message to the world. After he defeats the king of the jungle, the self-proclaimed world’s strongest man wants to pull  an airplane with his teeth, with his hair, get run over by a plane and stage more lion fights in-between.

http://www.odditycentral.com/funny/egyptian-man-to-fight-full-grown-lion-with-his-bare-hands.html

ahmedfire
    Captain
    Captain

Re: Egyptian Man to Fight Full-Grown Lion with His Bare Hands

Post  ahmedfire on Fri Jun 24, 2011 11:12 am

My money is on that man.. Very Happy

ahmedfire
    Captain
    Captain

Post  ahmedfire on Fri Jun 24, 2011 11:22 am

that's why we named as (pharaohs)
    pharaohs in arabic means (the man who can make anything),nothing can stop him... Cool

GarryB
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  GarryB on Fri Jun 24, 2011 11:40 am

If the lion has no teeth and no claws like they do to bears when they kill bears with dogs in so called "fights" then my money is on the man.

If the lion is not drugged or injured before hand and has its claws and teeth and is not fed for two days before the fight my money is on the lion.

Most lions spend most of their time sleeping when they are not pinching food off their pack of female lionesses that do all the hunting. Other than scaring away non related male lions they do little else most of the time.

Having said that one swipe from those claws and even big men covered in muscles are in trouble... big muscles wont stop razor sharp claws or teeth.

Having said that he is doing this for his country and as a political message to Israel and the US... good luck to him.

ahmedfire
    Captain
    Captain

Post  ahmedfire on Fri Jun 24, 2011 4:12 pm

The lion is complete, teeth and claws are working well
    and this is the disaster Exclamation

how could ?!
    we will see...tomorrow

Viktor
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  Viktor on Fri Jun 24, 2011 5:28 pm

My money is on lion. Very Happy

GarryB
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  GarryB on Sat Jun 25, 2011 3:13 am

Of course it depends on the setup.

If the lion is not hungry it is perfectly possible that it might avoid a fight and have more interest in finding a nice spot in the shade to lie down in.

However if it is cornered, or angry... well even the biggest muscles are no use if the lion swipes you with its claws and removes those muscles from your bones.

Very brave of this guy to do this and I wish him the best of luck... but I think the lion will win.

Sounds like he respects the lion... even if he underestimates its power or perhaps overestimates his own strength.

A Lion can bring down a kill large animals including horses and Rhino... animals far stronger than any human.

ahmedfire
    Captain
    Captain

Post  ahmedfire on Tue Jun 28, 2011 6:04 pm

Viktor wrote:My money is on lion. Very Happy

you lose it man Laughing

the guy make it and won..
    but there is no english source..

the guy refused to kill the lion...

NationalRus
    Senior Lieutenant
    Senior Lieutenant

Post  NationalRus on Tue Jun 28, 2011 9:59 pm

ahmedfire wrote:
    Viktor wrote:My money is on lion. Very Happy

you lose it man Laughing

the guy make it and won..
    but there is no english source..

the guy refused to kill the lion...

its said he was arrested befor a fight could happened, well i hope when he does this fight one day that he will die horribly

GarryB
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  GarryB on Wed Jun 29, 2011 6:33 am

its said he was arrested befor a fight could happened, well i hope when he does this fight one day that he will die horribly

Don't be mean!

He said all along that he didn't want to hurt the lion and it was a test of courage for him.

He also made it clear that this was about trying to get Egyptians to realise their own courage and to stand up... which is a good message for everyone I think... though I disagree with him on fighting lions as being the best way... it certainly got the attention he wanted.

If he challenged a small budgie to a fight I doubt we would have even heard about it.

He got his message out so in that sense he was successful.

ahmedfire
    Captain
    Captain

Post  ahmedfire on Wed Jun 29, 2011 4:26 pm

fighting wasn't so exciting..

the lion attacked the man just once,the man resist with his shield,and get back ...this is all

the man said he could kill the lion و, but he refused to do that..

GarryB
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  GarryB on Thu Jun 30, 2011 2:39 am

OK... clearly a language problem here...

He clearly has a shield and a spear in the photos and is also wearing some sort of body protection.

"With his bare hands" suggests he will do this without weapons or protection.

ahmedfire
    Captain
    Captain

Post  ahmedfire on Thu Jun 30, 2011 11:51 am

GarryB wrote:OK... clearly a language problem here...

He clearly has a shield and a spear in the photos and is also wearing some sort of body protection.

"With his bare hands" suggests he will do this without weapons or protection.

it's still alion Very Happy

GarryB
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  GarryB on Fri Jul 01, 2011 7:53 am

It is a real lion, but lion tamers in the circus do similar stuff with a chair and a whip.

Unless a lion is actually hungry it can be very uninterested in killing people.

Corner it and annoy it or simply get in its way and there will be trouble but most of the time these guys sit in the shade of trees while a pack or lionesses go out and do the real hunting and killing.

Once the kill has taken place the lion will go in and take his pick of the meal but if you want to fight the real king of the jungle you need to take on 5-10 lionesses that are hungry...

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content Today at 3:39 pm

Current date/time is Sat Dec 10, 2016 3:39 pm