Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

What do u think about Iran, its government and its people?

nomadski

Re: What do u think about Iran, its government and its people?

Post  nomadski on Wed Jan 11, 2017 3:25 am

I think Iran shares many of the problems common to most other countries of the world . And it also has some particular problems . It also has advantages over other similar nations in the region . Iran is relatively stable . If compared to say Iraq or Syria . But not as stable as say France . Within the context of present situation , I can list I the problems :

(1) Unemployment . I think the major factor is over population . Followed by sanctions . Iran needs to limit it's birth rate in the same way as say China did . Also removing sanctions will allow Iran to improve economy and employment . Russia can help Iran in setting up joint ventures and banks that evade American sanctions . By exclusively trading between two countries .

(2) Democracy . The Iranian revolution achieved victory in terms of becoming an independent state . However political parties are still weak . With no distinct large scale class participation in politics . This is particularly true of the working class . Russia can not interfere in Iranian politics . However through it's contacts with Iran . Using it's media . Setting up parliamentary contact group . It can help Iranian move to more stable and stronger position .

(3) Religion . Iranian are deeply religious . However a few religious laws need to be implemented with consideration of changing social and human conditions . Amputations , stonings need to stop . Sexual deviants need hospital treatment . Those guilty of minor religious misdemeanour need simple fines . Further contact between the two countries can help cultural exchanges . Visits by legal experts . Discussions with Russian religious authority who will face similar problems . And changing laws to be compatible with social conditions .
    nomadski

Post  nomadski on Thu May 04, 2017 11:28 am

So in a closed economic system . Either by economic sanctions . Or by economic policy . Where there is no external trade . We could imagine an ideal economic system . Purely in economic terms . A non capitalist system . Where prices fall or stay the same . Where invested labour alone determines value or price of goods . A workable system . Based on collective raised consciousness and social responsibility .

Even here , economic collapse can be caused by :

(1) Overpopulation . Disproportionate to water and land resources .

(2) Environmental pollution and destruction . Loss of habitat and good agricultural land .

(3) Social breakdown because of destruction of social fabric , immorality and family life .

(4) Inefficient production ( not to be confused with capitalist unprofitability ) . Poor soil . Defunct methods .

(5) External or internal wars .

These are separate causes . Even in the absence of a destructive economic model . Lead to economic disaster . An open economic system . Relying on external trade . Complicates the model . The interconnected system , should be viewed as one . A weakness in one place , affecting the whole system .

Walther von Oldenburg

Post  Walther von Oldenburg on Thu May 04, 2017 6:48 pm

Where invested labour alone determines value or price of goods
    Why? Labor costs are just a fraction of production costs of every product - labor costs of an iPhone are about $30 and would be $50 if it was produced in the US.

(1) Overpopulation . Disproportionate to water and land resources .
    How do you measure overpopulation? And if there are now 80 mln people in Iran compared to 30 mln 40 years ago, and now people have higher standard of living, then is Iran overpopulated or not?
    nomadski

Post  nomadski on Sat May 06, 2017 5:47 pm

@van oldenburgh

This type of calculation . That you mention . Is based on entities that buy in some raw materials . And manufactured goods . And process further by inhouse manufacture and assembly . But the goods purchased are themselves products of labour plus profits by the seller . This is further complicated by profits made by reseller . A price hike .

The ideal maximum population is difficult to estimate . But already water shortages indicate that maximum population has been reached . This is now about 81 million people . The air quality is so poor , that school have to be closed on red days . This is another indicator of limit of industrial growth .

The problems of human society are truly deep . Because as a society , humans live far away from the reality of their environment . Altogether , I am a pessimist . The destructive influences are far greater than any technical achievement . The lifespan of civilised humanity may truly be short .

Viktor

Post  Viktor on Sat May 06, 2017 6:27 pm

Persians have always been in a way guardians of knowledge with strong will as a nation. I have always admire them but never understood them.

I could be wrong but from my perspective I think Iran needs to find a new form of organization that would be based on the efficiency and efficiency alone and than

apply religion in a way it would not interfere with the development. I think Iran can do it because stoic religion in a way mixed with muslim shia.
    nomadski

Post  nomadski on Sat May 06, 2017 10:10 pm

@victor

you are right . Iranians have a strong sense of history and identity . But we should not confuse the nobility of Iranian ancient cultures with modern day Iran . Same as we should not confuse the nobility of ancient Greece at it's apex , with modern day Greece . However the islamic shia faith unites and guides . And at the same time Iranians need to find modern solutions to modern problems .

All societies are struggling . It is a human condition .
    Viktor

Post  Viktor on Sun May 07, 2017 10:08 am

nomadski wrote:
    @victor

you are right . Iranians have a strong sense of history and identity . But we should not confuse the nobility of Iranian ancient cultures with modern day Iran . Same as we should not confuse the nobility of ancient Greece at it's apex , with modern day Greece . However the islamic shia faith unites and guides . And at the same time Iranians need to find modern solutions to modern problems .

All societies are struggling . It is a human condition .

I agree, any modern nation is different from what it was still take two nations who had two very different belief system and imagine than those two countries
    than implement one and the same belief system that is different from previous two but now same for both countries. Both countries will now view and understand new belief system from their own perspective which was different as it was based on two previous different belief system. That difference in perspective is all it counts Very Happy
    I think that it was that little difference that lead to this situation now that made Iran strongest engineering and science powerhouse in its neighbourhood. Thats why I think that if Iran could do something even more in that direction it could do even better.

eric1

Iran: Led by Religious Nut Jobs

Post  eric1 on Thu May 11, 2017 1:38 am

Well, IMHO, if Iran can ever shake loose from those religious nut jobs who rule their country with an iron fist, then maybe it could be fairly decent place to live. Sad when they were close to a popular rising years back after a national election, that no outside assistance was offered to help oust the mullahs. US just doesn't have the intel boots on the ground like it used to, although penetrating a country like Iran would not be easy . . . eyes everywhere.
    GarryB

Post  GarryB on Fri May 12, 2017 11:08 am

Western society is basically a christian based government... if you don't believe me try walking around naked, or marry more than one person at a time.

Why shouldn't Iran keep their religious based government?

They haven't invaded anyone for quite some time now... the west cannot say the same.

“The West won the world not by the superiority of its ideas or values or religion […] but rather by its superiority in applying organized violence. Westerners often forget this fact; non-Westerners never do.”

― Samuel P. Huntington, The Clash of Civilizations and the Remaking of World Order
    nomadski

Post  nomadski on Fri Oct 27, 2017 7:13 pm

@eric1

After trump and congress broke nuclear deal and imposed new sanctions , do you sense any difference in Iran ? In the mood of Iranians ? No ! I guessed so . Your eyes will not see . The Iimperceptible . The intangible . Yet the most beautiful . Iranians in the past few days , have suddenly grown more beautiful . More confident . They have now exorcised the dirt that is false hope in America , from their souls . But you can not see that . Here starts our victory . The sure steel that will pierce your armour .

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Dec 12, 2017 6:48 pm