Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues


    Russian military movies

    Share
    avatar
    Werewolf

    Posts : 5357
    Points : 5588
    Join date : 2012-10-24

    The Movie "The White Tiger" russian movie about WW2 German Tiger...

    Post  Werewolf on Sat Mar 22, 2014 3:55 pm

    English Subtitles and a good movie


    The Promo to the movie.




    https://docs.google.com/file/d/0By7I2IIHlQQjeDIyRTBsRndjVFk/edit?pli=1
    avatar
    George1

    Posts : 10533
    Points : 11010
    Join date : 2011-12-22
    Location : Greece

    Re: Russian military movies

    Post  George1 on Tue Jan 06, 2015 4:58 pm



    Last edited by George1 on Tue Nov 10, 2015 3:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
    avatar
    DTA

    Posts : 202
    Points : 240
    Join date : 2015-04-22

    Re: Russian military movies

    Post  DTA on Sat Apr 25, 2015 5:37 pm

    Mosfilm ' YT channel has a lot of war movies with eng subs
    for example
    They Fought for Their Land



    The Hot Snow


    White Tiger(2013) (also french, spanish and german subs )


    The Star (2002)


    Ballad of a Soldier (also hungarian subs )


    avatar
    Akula971

    Posts : 128
    Points : 143
    Join date : 2015-04-25
    Location : Mordor

    Re: Russian military movies

    Post  Akula971 on Wed Apr 29, 2015 2:25 am

    5 days of war ?? I have the PERFECT review for you guys Very Happy

    JOIN TO THE RUSSIAN ARMY !!


    And here is a 2 part review by a Russian film critique, with cc english subs


    avatar
    Akula971

    Posts : 128
    Points : 143
    Join date : 2015-04-25
    Location : Mordor

    Re: Russian military movies

    Post  Akula971 on Wed Apr 29, 2015 2:30 am

    Афганский излом



    Kandagar
    avatar
    kap-the-head

    Posts : 13
    Points : 13
    Join date : 2015-05-02

    Re: Russian military movies

    Post  kap-the-head on Sun May 03, 2015 1:56 pm

    I can't wait for "Panfilov's 28 men"... Some of the Russian audience got sick and tired of watching "hollywood" style war movies, therefore, they organized a filming of a Panfilov's heroic deed by ensuring that the movie will have the most authentic and accurate weaponry represented with no love story and drunk and evil NKVD officers. Gaijin (War Thunder guys) has joined the funding as well.

    Can't post youtube links yet... Too new of a member...
    avatar
    TheArmenian

    Posts : 1715
    Points : 1872
    Join date : 2011-09-14

    Re: Russian military movies

    Post  TheArmenian on Sun Jun 07, 2015 9:29 am

    I am enjoying the "The Caravan Hunters" movie.

    Mi-24s, Stingers etc.

    Lots of good action

    English subtitles

    Here is the first episode. The rest is on the channel.

    avatar
    George1

    Posts : 10533
    Points : 11010
    Join date : 2011-12-22
    Location : Greece

    Re: Russian military movies

    Post  George1 on Tue Nov 10, 2015 3:37 pm

    Battle for Sevastopol is a 2015 biographical film about Lyudmila Pavlichenko, a young Soviet woman who joined the Red Army to fight the Nazi invasion of the USSR and became one of the deadliest snipers in World War II.



    _________________
    "There's no smoke without fire.", Georgy Zhukov

    avatar
    kap-the-head

    Posts : 13
    Points : 13
    Join date : 2015-05-02

    Re: Russian military movies

    Post  kap-the-head on Sun Nov 15, 2015 8:19 pm

    Official trailer for Panfilov's 28 is out...
    avatar
    KoTeMoRe

    Posts : 3911
    Points : 3938
    Join date : 2015-04-21
    Location : Krankhaus Central.

    Re: Russian military movies

    Post  KoTeMoRe on Sun Nov 15, 2015 8:44 pm

    That looks nice.
    avatar
    Cyberspec

    Posts : 1974
    Points : 2139
    Join date : 2011-08-08
    Location : Terra Australis

    Re: Russian military movies

    Post  Cyberspec on Sun Nov 15, 2015 10:06 pm

    I'm waiting for the Panfilov 28 to come out on DVD...hopefully soon
    avatar
    kap-the-head

    Posts : 13
    Points : 13
    Join date : 2015-05-02

    Re: Russian military movies

    Post  kap-the-head on Sun Nov 15, 2015 10:21 pm

    Cyberspec wrote:I'm waiting for the Panfilov 28 to come out on DVD...hopefully soon

    They have not released the opening day in theaters yet, as they are still negotiating with promoters. I also heard that because this movie is not made for profit, but from people's donations, it will be available online. Not sure how true that is.
    avatar
    Cyberspec

    Posts : 1974
    Points : 2139
    Join date : 2011-08-08
    Location : Terra Australis

    Re: Russian military movies

    Post  Cyberspec on Fri Nov 20, 2015 2:06 am

    kap-the-head wrote:
    Cyberspec wrote:I'm waiting for the Panfilov 28 to come out on DVD...hopefully soon

    They have not released the opening day in theaters yet, as they are still negotiating with promoters. I also heard that because this movie is not made for profit, but from people's donations, it will be available online. Not sure how true that is.

    I doubt it will be available for free straight away but I don't mind paying for the DVD
    avatar
    TheGeorgian

    Posts : 209
    Points : 186
    Join date : 2014-06-22

    Re: Russian military movies

    Post  TheGeorgian on Mon Dec 14, 2015 6:21 am

    George1 wrote:Battle for Sevastopol is a 2015 biographical film about Lyudmila Pavlichenko, a young Soviet woman who joined the Red Army to fight the Nazi invasion of the USSR and became one of the deadliest snipers in World War II.

    Mm nice, looks like worth a watch - wonder if she meets Adamia in this. That would be interesting.

    Speaking of WW2. Yes this is a Russian movies thread, but since a Georgian movie got rolled up here anyway and the following one is GPW related I think it ain't necessary to open a completly new thread for foreign movies.

    This is the first Georgian WW2 TV-series called "Kerch - Lost Heroes" and as the title implies it's about the battles on the Kerch Peninsula, primarily the Kerch–Eltigen Operation. Not the most decicive of engagements on the Eastern Front but it succeeds one of the bloodiest and decicive battles / rather massacres because the majority of  Georgian casualties was suffered there allready in the first battle of Kerch. It is not Hollywood material ( which isn't necessarily bad ^^ ) but for TV show standarts, it's pretty good imo.

    avatar
    flamming_python

    Posts : 3246
    Points : 3352
    Join date : 2012-01-30

    Re: Russian military movies

    Post  flamming_python on Mon Dec 14, 2015 11:46 am

    TheGeorgian wrote:
    George1 wrote:Battle for Sevastopol is a 2015 biographical film about Lyudmila Pavlichenko, a young Soviet woman who joined the Red Army to fight the Nazi invasion of the USSR and became one of the deadliest snipers in World War II.

    Mm nice, looks like worth a watch - wonder if she meets Adamia in this. That would be interesting.

    Speaking of WW2. Yes this is a Russian movies thread, but since a Georgian movie got rolled up here anyway and the following one is GPW related I think it ain't necessary to open a completly new thread for foreign movies.

    This is the first Georgian WW2 TV-series called "Kerch - Lost Heroes" and as the title implies it's about the battles on the Kerch Peninsula, primarily the Kerch–Eltigen Operation. Not the most decicive of engagements on the Eastern Front but it succeeds one of the bloodiest and decicive battles / rather massacres because the majority of  Georgian casualties was suffered there allready in the first battle of Kerch. It is not Hollywood material ( which isn't necessarily bad ^^ ) but for TV show standarts, it's pretty good imo.


    Looks like Saving Private Ryan Twisted Evil

    Well I don't think it'd be worse than most of the rubbish that the Russian film and serials industry puts out.
    Seriously, sometimes I think the last good film that was made here was Brat 2; and the last of the Soviet cinematographic legacy died right after that.
    avatar
    TheGeorgian

    Posts : 209
    Points : 186
    Join date : 2014-06-22

    Re: Russian military movies

    Post  TheGeorgian on Mon Dec 14, 2015 2:16 pm

    flamming_python wrote:
    Looks like Saving Private Ryan Twisted Evil

    Well I don't think it'd be worse than most of the rubbish that the Russian film and serials industry puts out.
    Seriously, sometimes I think the last good film that was made here was Brat 2; and the last of the Soviet cinematographic legacy died right after that.

    Well yeah, the naval landing part looks like SPR, but it's the naval landing on Kerch, it's hard doing any naval landing scenes without being reminding of SPR. But this is just one fight scene in one episode of the show.

    I don't agree that Russian movies are rubbish. In regards of realism they ain't more rubbish than Hollywood movies. I find them quite enjoyable to watch ( well except the purely propaganda ones - but I hate purely propaganda movies in general ). It's more about the overall art and entertainment value for me, less the realism. If I was nitpicking about lack of realism, I would conclude that only helmet cam / actual combat footage is worth watching. Making movies is art.


    Last edited by TheGeorgian on Sat Apr 02, 2016 10:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
    avatar
    Walther von Oldenburg

    Posts : 920
    Points : 975
    Join date : 2015-01-23
    Age : 26
    Location : Oldenburg

    Russian TV series about pilots

    Post  Walther von Oldenburg on Mon Jan 25, 2016 5:54 pm

    I wanted to put this in a relevant thread but could not find it... George, help.

    It's the successor to The Attackers, a TV series you can watch on StarMediaEN YT channel. This one is with Eng sub and I got no idea why Star Media English langyage channel does not have it on their page.
    avatar
    DTA

    Posts : 202
    Points : 240
    Join date : 2015-04-22

    Re: Russian military movies

    Post  DTA on Tue Apr 19, 2016 3:14 pm

    another young company working on "321st Sibirkaya " about 321st Rifle Division
    http://321film.ru/


    JohninMK

    Posts : 5069
    Points : 5132
    Join date : 2015-06-16
    Location : England

    Re: Russian military movies

    Post  JohninMK on Mon Jun 13, 2016 5:18 pm

    George1 wrote:Battle for Sevastopol is a 2015 biographical film about Lyudmila Pavlichenko, a young Soviet woman who joined the Red Army to fight the Nazi invasion of the USSR and became one of the deadliest snipers in World War II.


    Reads like a pretty good review of the film today at Warisboring. What a woman.

    https://warisboring.com/sniper-lyudmila-pavlichenko-killed-300-men-and-now-theres-a-movie-about-her-b5b1aeefddf4#.gdddhovj3
    avatar
    franco

    Posts : 2606
    Points : 2644
    Join date : 2010-08-18

    For lack of a better thread, the Russian Military TV show "I Serve Russia"

    Post  franco on Sun Nov 13, 2016 6:56 pm

    For lack of a better thread, the Russian Military TV show "I Serve Russia"

    https://www.youtube.com/embed/iPo390I5Lc4?rel=0&wmode=transparent
    avatar
    HeNeArKrXeRn_

    Posts : 30
    Points : 33
    Join date : 2015-04-23
    Location : Montreal

    Re: Russian military movies

    Post  HeNeArKrXeRn_ on Mon Jan 09, 2017 1:32 am

    I really want to watch Battle for Sevastopol', 28 Panfil. and Viking (in original Russian) can anyone suggest a good Russian tracker where I can download them?

    Svyatoslavich

    Posts : 333
    Points : 342
    Join date : 2015-04-22
    Location : Buenos Aires

    Re: Russian military movies

    Post  Svyatoslavich on Mon Jan 09, 2017 2:13 am

    rutracker.org

    Sponsored content

    Re: Russian military movies

    Post  Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Mon Oct 23, 2017 8:27 am