Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues


    Mi-8/17, Μi-38, Mi-26: News

    Share

    George1
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 9451
    Points : 9943
    Join date : 2011-12-23
    Location : Greece

    Re: Mi-8/17, Μi-38, Mi-26: News

    Post  George1 on Thu Jul 30, 2015 8:57 am

    New Mi-38 multi-role helicopter will be presented at MAKS-2015 airshow
    Russian Aviaton » Wednesday July 29, 2015 16:01 MSK

    New Mi-38 multi-role helicopter will be presented at MAKS-2015 airshow, which will be held in August in Zhukovsky (Moscow Region), TASS reports with reference to press-service of Kazan Helicopters.

    “New Mi-38 helicopter will be presented this year at MAKS airshow in Zhukovsky,” the press-service noted. Assembly of the first production Mi-38s was started by Kazan Helicopters, “the first production helicopter of the type will be delivered to the customer in the first quarter of 2016,” TASS reports with reference to Kazan Helicopters CTO, Igor Bugakov.
    Follow us on: Follow ruaviation on Twitter

    “In accordance with the state contract the type certificate should be obtained in December 2015, but now the goal is to obtain it prior to the opening of MAKS-2015 airshow,” Bugakov said. In October 2014 Kazan Helicopters started testing of the new Mi-38 multi-role helicopter, which may be used for transporting cargo or passengers, may take part in search-and-rescue operations and can be used as a flying hospital. The helicopter is fitted with main and tail rotors made of composites. The powerplant includes two TV7-117V turboshaft engines developed by Klimov design bureau (each engine has a power of 1753 kW). Avionics suite allows pilots of Mi-38 to operate the helicopter under severe conditions: perform automatic flight in accordance with a given route, land the helicopter, carry out automatic hovering and stabilization of the vehicle in all flight regimes.


    _________________
    "There's no smoke without fire.", Georgy Zhukov


    flamming_python
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 3188
    Points : 3316
    Join date : 2012-01-31

    Re: Mi-8/17, Μi-38, Mi-26: News

    Post  flamming_python on Wed Aug 05, 2015 5:39 am

    This helicopter is going to be a revolution when it enters production.

    From what I can gather, it's completely automated or rather is capable of being operated in that way - it can conduct landings/take-offs, and flight w/o a pilot.
    Unlike a UAV, it's capable of doing this all on auto-pilot

    Imagine if they start setting them up for automatic, unmanned supply runs, removing the need for a pilot for the simplest, most routine sortees.. or perhaps for the simple but dangerous ones.

    George1
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 9451
    Points : 9943
    Join date : 2011-12-23
    Location : Greece

    Re: Mi-8/17, Μi-38, Mi-26: News

    Post  George1 on Thu Aug 13, 2015 6:14 am

    Russian Helicopters signed contracts for delivery of new version of Mi-26 helicopter


    _________________
    "There's no smoke without fire.", Georgy Zhukov


    flamming_python
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 3188
    Points : 3316
    Join date : 2012-01-31

    Re: Mi-8/17, Μi-38, Mi-26: News

    Post  flamming_python on Fri Aug 14, 2015 4:40 am

    The future T3 version will share the same engine as the in development Russian-Chinese very heavy lift helicopter

    mutantsushi
    Senior Sergeant
    Senior Sergeant

    Posts : 285
    Points : 307
    Join date : 2013-12-12

    Re: Mi-8/17, Μi-38, Mi-26: News

    Post  mutantsushi on Fri Aug 14, 2015 10:26 am

    Hm... I was kind of thinking the Chinese were aiming for something akin to Mi-46 project, with smaller engines/MTOW...
    What would be the difference between the JV and a 26T3 if they have identical engines (and MTOW/payload)?
    I would think that a hybrid/pusher design could save alot of fuel/range/payload, that could be difference between Chinese JV and a 26T3...?
    I remember EADS forever talked up creating their own "med-hvy" lifter using drivetrain of CH-53K, but new fuselage/etc.  Similar here? (but not just paper?)

    Werewolf
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 5391
    Points : 5640
    Join date : 2012-10-25

    Re: Mi-8/17, Μi-38, Mi-26: News

    Post  Werewolf on Sun Aug 16, 2015 7:09 pm

    FSB Mi-8AMTV

    Ataka/Shturm guidance radio
    President-S L-370-5 DIRCM and MAWS L-136
    Surveillance Radar
    ECM pod? Haven't seen such a pod before.
    FLIR

    flamming_python
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 3188
    Points : 3316
    Join date : 2012-01-31

    Re: Mi-8/17, Μi-38, Mi-26: News

    Post  flamming_python on Sun Aug 16, 2015 9:34 pm

    mutantsushi wrote:Hm... I was kind of thinking the Chinese were aiming for something akin to Mi-46 project, with smaller engines/MTOW...
    What would be the difference between the JV and a 26T3 if they have identical engines (and MTOW/payload)?
    I would think that a hybrid/pusher design could save alot of fuel/range/payload, that could be difference between Chinese JV and a 26T3...?
    I remember EADS forever talked up creating their own "med-hvy" lifter using drivetrain of CH-53K, but new fuselage/etc.  Similar here? (but not just paper?)

    The Mi-26 needs a new engine as the old one was supplied by the Ukraine.

    It just so happens that the Russian-Chinese heavy lift helicopter needs a new engine too. What I read in an article anyway; they're most likely to be one and the same for both.

    Perhaps they will be 2 closely-related engines, or the Mi-26 one will be downrated.

    magnumcromagnon
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 4468
    Points : 4659
    Join date : 2013-12-05
    Location : Pindos ave., Pindosville, Pindosylvania, Pindostan

    Re: Mi-8/17, Μi-38, Mi-26: News

    Post  magnumcromagnon on Sun Aug 16, 2015 10:07 pm

    flamming_python wrote:
    mutantsushi wrote:Hm... I was kind of thinking the Chinese were aiming for something akin to Mi-46 project, with smaller engines/MTOW...
    What would be the difference between the JV and a 26T3 if they have identical engines (and MTOW/payload)?
    I would think that a hybrid/pusher design could save alot of fuel/range/payload, that could be difference between Chinese JV and a 26T3...?
    I remember EADS forever talked up creating their own "med-hvy" lifter using drivetrain of CH-53K, but new fuselage/etc.  Similar here? (but not just paper?)

    The Mi-26 needs a new engine as the old one was supplied by the Ukraine.

    It just so happens that the Russian-Chinese heavy lift helicopter needs a new engine too. What I read in an article anyway; they're most likely to be one and the same for both.

    Perhaps they will be 2 closely-related engines, or the Mi-26 one will be downrated.

    It'll probably won't be downrated, Rostec said specifically that the new Russian-Chinese variant of the Mi-26 would be more powerful, with a larger payload capacity, likely both versions will be powered with more powerful engines.

    George1
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 9451
    Points : 9943
    Join date : 2011-12-23
    Location : Greece

    Re: Mi-8/17, Μi-38, Mi-26: News

    Post  George1 on Thu Aug 20, 2015 10:38 pm

    Russian helicopter manufacturer to adapt newest heavy gunship for Arctic conditions


    _________________
    "There's no smoke without fire.", Georgy Zhukov


    Werewolf
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 5391
    Points : 5640
    Join date : 2012-10-25

    Re: Mi-8/17, Μi-38, Mi-26: News

    Post  Werewolf on Thu Aug 20, 2015 11:37 pm

    Can i ask please the mods to merge Mi-38 to this thread, because it is rather lonely thread with fewer posts and we can keep transport helicopters with their modifications in here since most people do not flood this thread anyway like others.


    Anyways...


    George1
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 9451
    Points : 9943
    Join date : 2011-12-23
    Location : Greece

    Re: Mi-8/17, Μi-38, Mi-26: News

    Post  George1 on Sat Aug 22, 2015 9:46 am

    Werewolf wrote:Can i ask please the mods to merge Mi-38 to this thread, because it is rather lonely thread with fewer posts and we can keep transport helicopters with their modifications in here since most people do not flood this thread anyway like others.

    Done. And title changed also


    _________________
    "There's no smoke without fire.", Georgy Zhukov


    Werewolf
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 5391
    Points : 5640
    Join date : 2012-10-25

    Re: Mi-8/17, Μi-38, Mi-26: News

    Post  Werewolf on Sat Aug 22, 2015 4:34 pm

    George1 wrote:
    Werewolf wrote:Can i ask please the mods to merge Mi-38 to this thread, because it is rather lonely thread with fewer posts and we can keep transport helicopters with their modifications in here since most people do not flood this thread anyway like others.

    Done. And title changed also

    Thank you. respekt

    George1
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 9451
    Points : 9943
    Join date : 2011-12-23
    Location : Greece

    Re: Mi-8/17, Μi-38, Mi-26: News

    Post  George1 on Wed Aug 26, 2015 7:38 am

    Russia's Mi-8 Helicopter Ready for Arctic Duty

    A modified version of the Mil Mi-8 transport helicopter, designed for Russia's Ministry of Defense, has been prepared to venture into the Arctic and operate in up to -50 degrees Celsius.

    The Russian Helicopters design and manufacturing company "is working on the new Mi-8AMTSh-VA helicopter designed to be used in the Arctic and the Extreme North. The development stage is over and the rotorcraft is expected to undergo testing in the second half of 2015," company's CEO Alexander Mikheev said during the MAKS-2015 air show.

    Read more: http://sputniknews.com/military/20150825/1026179096/russia-mi8-helicopter-arctic.html#ixzz3jsPi7YxA


    _________________
    "There's no smoke without fire.", Georgy Zhukov


    Centric
    Private
    Private

    Posts : 3
    Points : 7
    Join date : 2015-08-26

    Re: Mi-8/17, Μi-38, Mi-26: News

    Post  Centric on Wed Aug 26, 2015 12:12 pm

    Hey I have skimmed the thread looking for information on whether or not the production and development of the Mi-26T2 and contract deliveries to Algeria is being effected by the annulling of Ukrainian and Russian Military Cooperation. I know a lot of Mi-26 are being refurbished and rebuilt but are actual newly built Mi-26 receiving engines from Ukraine or has this work stopped? Dmitry Rogozin said that development of localized D-136 turboshaft is planned in the future for the joint Chinese and Russian heavy lift helicopter and export replacement, for the mean time what is being done to keep the deliveries of Mi-26 from falling behind like the Admiral Grigorovichv class frigate?

    mack8
    Lieutenant Colonel
    Lieutenant Colonel

    Posts : 923
    Points : 983
    Join date : 2013-08-03

    Re: Mi-8/17, Μi-38, Mi-26: News

    Post  mack8 on Sun Sep 06, 2015 6:10 am

    This report from Ulan-Ude shows among others export Mi-17s for Peru, Angola and Kazakhstan.
    http://bmpd.livejournal.com/1460076.html

    eridan
    Junior Sergeant
    Junior Sergeant

    Posts : 127
    Points : 133
    Join date : 2012-12-13

    Re: Mi-8/17, Μi-38, Mi-26: News

    Post  eridan on Mon Sep 07, 2015 4:52 am

    Is there a link to a news report about a recent air force buy of mi8 helicopters? citing number of helos bought and price in rubles paid? Is there are data on just how much does ruaf pay for flyaway mi8 these days?

    mutantsushi
    Senior Sergeant
    Senior Sergeant

    Posts : 285
    Points : 307
    Join date : 2013-12-12

    Re: Mi-8/17, Μi-38, Mi-26: News

    Post  mutantsushi on Wed Sep 09, 2015 1:03 am

    reposted from another thread...

    So the RU-CHI heavy lift JV in fact looks more like a Mi-46, with ~2/3 MTOW of Mi-26...
    If they really are to use the same engine as re-engined Mi-26,
    it would seem that they will be using 3 engines in the new 26 and 2 of the same kind in this RU-CHI JV...?
    PapaDragon wrote:Advanced Heavy Lifter, future Russian-Chinese heavy-lift helicopter.
    Planned maximum takeoff weight 38.2 tons, top speed 300 km/h, service ceiling 5700 meters, range 630 km.



    http://bmpd.livejournal.com/1465326.html

    magnumcromagnon
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 4468
    Points : 4659
    Join date : 2013-12-05
    Location : Pindos ave., Pindosville, Pindosylvania, Pindostan

    Re: Mi-8/17, Μi-38, Mi-26: News

    Post  magnumcromagnon on Wed Sep 09, 2015 5:54 am

    mutantsushi wrote:reposted from another thread...

    So the RU-CHI heavy lift JV in fact looks more like a Mi-46, with ~2/3 MTOW of Mi-26...
    If they really are to use the same engine as re-engined Mi-26,
    it would seem that they will be using 3 engines in the new 26 and 2 of the same kind in this RU-CHI JV...?
    PapaDragon wrote:Advanced Heavy Lifter, future Russian-Chinese heavy-lift helicopter.
    Planned maximum takeoff weight 38.2 tons, top speed  300 km/h, service ceiling 5700 meters, range 630 km.



    http://bmpd.livejournal.com/1465326.html

    No doubt it'll likely use Motor Sich engines in the initial prototype/testing stages, however by the time it goes in to production (probably in 5 years) it'll no doubt use domestic engines.

    PapaDragon
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 3681
    Points : 3793
    Join date : 2015-04-26
    Location : Fort Evil, Serbia

    Re: Mi-8/17, Μi-38, Mi-26: News

    Post  PapaDragon on Thu Sep 10, 2015 9:30 pm

    The fuselage of the first serial production Mi-38 is manufactured in Kazan

    http://sdelanounas.ru/blogs/67541/




    Who will be customer for this type?

    Will RU military be buying this one?

    GunshipDemocracy
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 1516
    Points : 1558
    Join date : 2015-05-17
    Location : Stalin´s Strait between Mexico and Canada

    Re: Mi-8/17, Μi-38, Mi-26: News

    Post  GunshipDemocracy on Sun Sep 13, 2015 6:16 pm

    The defense Ministry hopes as soon as possible to resume the supply of the Mi-14 naval aviation

    http://tass.ru/armiya-i-opk/2251489

    KAZAN, September 10. /Corr. TASS Alexei Ugarov/. The defense Ministry expects to quickly resume the supply of helicopters amphibian Mi-14 the new versions for aviation of the Russian Navy, including for the protection of the state borders in the Arctic. About it September 10, said Deputy defense Minister of Russia Yuri Borisov.

    "This very popular helicopter, aviation Navy is waiting for him, so we will quickly try to return the second life of this helicopter. We very much count on Mi-14 with a new look," said Borisov during his visit to Kazan helicopter plant.
    "This is connected with the development of our Arctic coast, we don't have helicopters today with such characteristics that could be used in the Arctic," he added.
    The Deputy Minister noted that the Mi-14 has a number of unique characteristics, including load capacity and the possibility of landing on the water. According to him, the Mi-14 is not produced in the last 20 years, so now is a question of the resumption of production of a new modification of this helicopter that will meet modern requirements.
    "This helicopter will be with brand new features that provides for the transfer of it to a number, equipping it with modern avionics, the new VK-2500 engine," - said Borisov.
    He said that on the new helicopter will operate Kazan helicopter plant together with leading aviation institutes and customers from the Russian air force.

    George1
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 9451
    Points : 9943
    Join date : 2011-12-23
    Location : Greece

    Re: Mi-8/17, Μi-38, Mi-26: News

    Post  George1 on Tue Sep 29, 2015 10:14 am

    Orders for 50 engines for Mi-38


    _________________
    "There's no smoke without fire.", Georgy Zhukov


    George1
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 9451
    Points : 9943
    Join date : 2011-12-23
    Location : Greece

    Re: Mi-8/17, Μi-38, Mi-26: News

    Post  George1 on Thu Oct 15, 2015 7:06 pm

    Mi-8MTV5 entered service in the army air base in Smolensk region


    _________________
    "There's no smoke without fire.", Georgy Zhukov


    George1
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 9451
    Points : 9943
    Join date : 2011-12-23
    Location : Greece

    Re: Mi-8/17, Μi-38, Mi-26: News

    Post  George1 on Sun Nov 01, 2015 3:25 pm

    New Mi-8AMTSh for the Russian Interior Ministry


    _________________
    "There's no smoke without fire.", Georgy Zhukov


    max steel
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 2980
    Points : 3014
    Join date : 2015-02-13
    Location : South Pole

    Re: Mi-8/17, Μi-38, Mi-26: News

    Post  max steel on Tue Nov 10, 2015 4:34 pm

    The 2nd Mi-171A2 has joined the test flight program

    d_taddei2
    Captain
    Captain

    Posts : 744
    Points : 904
    Join date : 2013-05-11
    Location : Scotland UK

    reply

    Post  d_taddei2 on Wed Nov 18, 2015 9:13 am

    GunshipDemocracy wrote:The defense Ministry hopes as soon as possible to resume the supply of the Mi-14 naval aviation

    http://tass.ru/armiya-i-opk/2251489

    KAZAN, September 10. /Corr. TASS Alexei Ugarov/. The defense Ministry expects to quickly resume the supply of helicopters amphibian Mi-14 the new versions for aviation of the Russian Navy, including for the protection of the state borders in the Arctic. About it September 10, said Deputy defense Minister of Russia Yuri Borisov.

    "This very popular helicopter, aviation Navy is waiting for him, so we will quickly try to return the second life of this helicopter. We very much count on Mi-14 with a new look," said Borisov during his visit to Kazan helicopter plant.
    "This is connected with the development of our Arctic coast, we don't have helicopters today with such characteristics that could be used in the Arctic," he added.
    The Deputy Minister noted that the Mi-14 has a number of unique characteristics, including load capacity and the possibility of landing on the water. According to him, the Mi-14 is not produced in the last 20 years, so now is a question of the resumption of production of a new modification of this helicopter that will meet modern requirements.
    "This helicopter will be with brand new features that provides for the transfer of it to a number, equipping it with modern avionics, the new VK-2500 engine," - said Borisov.
    He said that on the new helicopter will operate Kazan helicopter plant together with leading aviation institutes and customers from the Russian air force.

    a pic of a Mi-14PL Haze A, i took when i was in Ukraine last year.




    Sponsored content

    Re: Mi-8/17, Μi-38, Mi-26: News

    Post  Sponsored content Today at 12:24 am


      Current date/time is Sat Dec 10, 2016 12:24 am