Post  Werewolf on Thu Feb 07, 2013 12:02 pm

Looks like a Vitebsk lite system.

BTW, what is RFU stands for?

Sujoy
    Lieutenant Colonel
    Lieutenant Colonel

Re: Mi-8/17, Μi-38, Mi-26: News

Post  Sujoy on Thu Feb 07, 2013 2:56 pm

Werewolf wrote:BTW, what is RFU stands for?

Radio Frequency Unit . Basically the Transceiver Unit.

George1
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  George1 on Sat Aug 03, 2013 1:27 pm

Russian Defense Ministry Signs $380M Helicopter Deal

ULAN-UDE, August 3 (RIA Novosti) - The Russian Defense Ministry and Russian Helicopters Holding on Saturday signed a 12.6 billion rubles (about $380 million) contract for 40 Mil Mi-8 AMTSh helicopters, the company said.
    The contract was signed by Deputy Defense Minister Yury Borisov and Russian Helicopters CEO Dmitry Petrov.
    Helicopter deliveries are to begin next year, Petrov said.
    The Mi-8 AMTSh is a combat transport version of the Mi-17 helicopter, with more powerful turboshafts and portside tail rotor. Its weapon systems include Igla-V AAM or Shturm-V ASM missiles, B8V20 rocket pods and a GSh-23 gun.

George1
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  George1 on Thu Dec 26, 2013 2:56 am

do we know how many Mi-8MTV-5 and Mi-8AMTSh have been delivered so far?

George1
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  George1 on Thu Aug 07, 2014 2:48 am

The upgraded Mi-26T2 will go into production in 2015

By the end of the current year the upgraded heavy Mi-26T2 helicopter should receive lettering indicating that it is a production model, and in 2015 it will enter serial production. The heavy lift helicopter will receive a new set of avionics developed by KRET. Thanks to its on-board equipment, the Mi-26T2 requires only two crew members and can perform flights around the clock and in all conditions.

According to the Interfax news agency, the Mi-26T2 is currently undergoing preliminary flight testing, which will last approximately a month.  To date, there is one flying prototype of the Mi-26T2 helicopter, the agency reports. The Mi-26T2 will be produced commercially starting with the second production unit in Rostov-on-Don at the Rostvertol facility, which belongs to the Russian Helicopters holding. The first deliveries of the upgraded helicopter will begin in 2015.

The Mi-26T2 is equipped with modern BREO-26 on-board avionics, which have been developed by KRET. At its heart is the NPK90-2 flight and navigation system, which is supported by NAVSTAR/GLONASS. The avionics system is also equipped with five LCD displays.

In addition, the avionics of the Mi-26T2 integrate an around-the-clock gyrostabilized optoelectronic system, backup device system, modern communications system and on-board control system. Night vision goggles are also available as an additional option at the discretion of the customer.

The BREO-26 system will significantly increase the reliability and flight safety of the Mi-26T2. It will also improve the stability and controllability of the helicopter, as well as the precision of its hovering flight, which is especially important when working with externally slung loads.

Thanks to its new avionics, the Mi-26T2 can now fly at any time of the day and in fair or in adverse weather conditions, including over featureless terrain. In addition, the use of modern avionics has allowed for reducing the number of members of the helicopter crew from five to two.
    KRET creates avionics for helicopter giant KRET creates avionics for helicopter giant

The Mi-26T2 can be used to transport bulky cargo and equipment either in the cargo cabin or suspended from an external sling. The maximum weight of cargo transported either inside the helicopter or from an external sling is 20 tons.

The military version of the helicopter can carry 82 marines, and the ambulance or emergency response version will be able to carry up to 60 wounded people. It can also be used to carry out construction and installation works of varying degrees of complexity. In addition, the Mi-26T2 can perform rapid deliveries of fuel and autonomous refueling of various ground-based equipment. It can also fight fires, be used in logging or deployed to address a wide range of transport problems.

http://kret.com/en/news/3415/

George1
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  George1 on Fri Aug 08, 2014 4:09 pm

Russian Arctic Helicopter Ready for Deliveries in 2015 - Source

MOSCOW, August 8 (RIA Novosti) - Deliveries of the Mi-8AMTSh-VA helicopters, a variant of the Mi-8 medium twin-turbine transport helicopter modified for use in the Arctic, may begin as early as next year, Leonid Belykh, managing director of the Ulan-Ude Aviation Plant (UUAP), said Friday.

“Basically, everything is ready. A prototype model is in the works, and it is all up to the Defense Ministry now. If we sign a deal this year, then we will start [the deliveries] next year,” Belykh told RIA Novosti.

The aviation plant reported that the helicopter meets all the requirements in order to excel in the harsh weather conditions of the Far North. Its design will allow it to operate in low temperatures and low visibility, including during the polar night. The helicopter is also able to fly even in the case of navigation problems, for example, when it is without a satellite signal.

The Mi-8AMTSh-VA model is developed based on the upgraded Mi-8AMTSh-V helicopter that features new Klimov VK-2500-03 turboshaft engines, a more powerful TA-14 auxiliary power plant and upgraded avionics.

d_taddei2
    Captain
    Captain

Post  d_taddei2 on Fri Aug 08, 2014 8:19 pm

Hi great thread and some nice pictures, does anyone know how to upload pic from your pc? I had the pleasure of sitting in the cockpits of MI-8 and MI-26 a couple of months ago, also have some other pics of other helicopters and planes. if anyone is interested.

dom

GarryB
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  GarryB on Sat Aug 09, 2014 12:34 pm

Check your private messages... Smile

“The West won the world not by the superiority of its ideas or values or religion […] but rather by its superiority in applying organized violence. Westerners often forget this fact; non-Westerners never do.”

― Samuel P. Huntington, The Clash of Civilizations and the Remaking of World Order

d_taddei2
    Captain
    Captain

Post  d_taddei2 on Sat Aug 09, 2014 12:59 pm

some pictures i took in May 2014, in Zhulany aircraft museum, Ukraine.
    I have more helicopter pics and fixed wing pics including TU-95 Smile

mi-26 cockpit

some more to follow

Last edited by d_taddei2 on Sat Aug 09, 2014 1:05 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : additional info)

d_taddei2
    Captain
    Captain

Post  d_taddei2 on Sat Aug 09, 2014 1:03 pm

me in the MI-8

mi-26 cargo hold

if you want anymore pics or videos of fixed wing, tanks, armoured vehicles, firearms, monuments etc of Soviet and Russian nature let me know i have loads.

Last edited by d_taddei2 on Sat Aug 09, 2014 1:04 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : additional info)

mack8
    Lieutenant Colonel
    Lieutenant Colonel

Post  mack8 on Sat Aug 09, 2014 5:24 pm

George1 wrote:do we know how many Mi-8MTV-5 and Mi-8AMTSh have been delivered so far?

All i could find are figures for 2013, there were no less than 53 Mi-8AMTSh and 10 Mi-8MTV-5 delivered apparently.

PS: This is from wiki, although it says that 53 is the total number delivered in 2013 (inaccurate, there were 63)
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Russian_Air_Force

Morpheus Eberhardt
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  Morpheus Eberhardt on Sun Aug 10, 2014 12:59 am

d_taddei2 wrote:

me in the MI-8

mi-26 cargo hold

if you want anymore pics or videos of fixed wing, tanks, armoured vehicles, firearms, monuments etc of Soviet and Russian nature let me know i have loads.

Thanks, I am very interested.

George1
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  George1 on Sun Aug 10, 2014 1:06 am

Mi-8 with an interesting loadout:

GarryB
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  GarryB on Sun Aug 10, 2014 10:18 am

they are Dan-EM target drones:

“The West won the world not by the superiority of its ideas or values or religion […] but rather by its superiority in applying organized violence. Westerners often forget this fact; non-Westerners never do.”

― Samuel P. Huntington, The Clash of Civilizations and the Remaking of World Order

d_taddei2
    Captain
    Captain

Post  d_taddei2 on Sun Aug 10, 2014 11:10 am

Morpheus Eberhardt wrote:
    d_taddei2 wrote:

me in the MI-8

mi-26 cargo hold

i will start a thread in the Multimedia section of this forum and will upload pics from my a trip a couple of months ago to Donetsk, Kiev, Pervomaysk missle silo, and Crimea, i also spent 5 days in the exclusion zone of chernobyl, but not sure if this forum is the best place to post chernobyl pics.

Werewolf
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  Werewolf on Sun Aug 10, 2014 5:47 pm

Would be nice to see more pictures.

Mike E
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  Mike E on Sun Aug 10, 2014 11:17 pm

d_taddei2 wrote:
    Morpheus Eberhardt wrote:
    d_taddei2 wrote:

me in the MI-8

mi-26 cargo hold

i will start a thread in the Multimedia section of this forum and will upload pics from my a trip a couple of months ago to Donetsk, Kiev, Pervomaysk missle silo, and Crimea, i also spent 5 days in the exclusion zone of chernobyl, but not sure if this forum is the best place to post chernobyl pics.

Please!   cheers

d_taddei2
    Captain
    Captain

Post  d_taddei2 on Thu Aug 28, 2014 11:05 pm

as requested by a few people. I will keep adding pics so keep checking.

http://www.russiadefence.net/t3372-my-pics-and-vids#63518

Mike E
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  Mike E on Fri Aug 29, 2014 12:25 am

Those are some great pics, thank you!

George1
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  George1 on Sun Aug 31, 2014 1:19 am

Here are the new Mi-8AMTSh in the new camo. They don't have the rear ramp for some reason. Were there structural problems with the ramp? And it looks like they have a new APU, and all of them have vibration dampers.

Werewolf
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  Werewolf on Sun Aug 31, 2014 1:24 pm

To be honest Mi-8AMTSh don't need a rear ramp, those are Combat helicopters. And the new APU looks like it is necessary from all the new gadgets it have to have enough power to run up all necessary systems.

Would be great to see them with President-S TWCMS.

George1
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  George1 on Mon Sep 01, 2014 9:52 pm

Russian Helicopters delivers first consignment of upgraded Mi-8AMTSh to Defence Ministry
    Russian Aviaton » Monday September 1, 2014 17:37 MSK

Russian Helicopters, a subsidiary of Oboronprom, part of State Corporation Rostec, has delivered the first consignment of four upgraded Mi-8AMTSh transport helicopters to Russia’s Defence Ministry. The helicopters were built at Ulan-Ude Aviation Plant (UUAP), a Russian Helicopters company, as part of the state defence order, and have successfully completed the flight to their new duty stations.

A long-term state contract for upgraded Mi-8AMTSh helicopters was signed in Ulan-Ude in August 2013. The improvements to the aircraft – the first of their type in serial production – have been designed to reduce maintenance requirements over the life-cycle of the helicopter.

"The new helicopters will help strengthen our national defence capabilities,” said Russian Helicopters CEO Alexander Mikheev. “Today the Russian Army can call on the latest technologies and equipment. The Defence Ministry is a key customers for Russian Helicopters, and we are committed to producing reliable and failsafe helicopters as one of its priorities under the state defence order.”

“Improving the capabilities of our helicopters is a core priority for us,” said UUAP Managing Director Leonid Belykh. “In conjunction with Moscow Mil Helicopter Plant, which designs Mi-8/17 helicopters, we are able to offer the Russian Defence Ministry the latest helicopters which combine their unique operating experience with the latest technologies.”

The Mi-8AMTSh helicopters delivered to the Defence Ministry are fitted with enhanced VK-2500 engines and an upgraded and strengthened transmission to provide independent control of hours logged in service and improve the aircraft’s operational efficiency in mountainous terrain and hot climates. They also come with new TA-14 auxiliary power plants that generate improved thrust and power output, as well as modern weapons systems. Increased lightweight metal cladding protects the crew and essential support systems, while batteries with enhanced capacities mean electrical systems can function autonomously for longer periods. Thanks to the latest navigational equipment, the helicopter can fly a full range of military missions, including at night with the use of night-vision goggles. The aircraft’s potential capabilities can be significantly expanded by additional equipment for SAR missions and troop drops, and medical equipment to evacuate wounded personnel.

The Mi-8AMTSh has been upgraded with a focus on operational efficiency and ease of maintenance. The new helicopter now has a time between overhaul of 2,000 hours (up from 1,500 previously) and a service life of 35 years (up from 25), while operating costs across the life-cycle of the helicopter have been reduced by about 25%-30% compared to the basic model.

The delivery of the first consignment of upgraded Mi-8AMTSh helicopters marks a new page in the long history of collaboration between Russian Helicopters and Russia’s Armed Forces.

Viktor
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  Viktor on Mon Oct 20, 2014 8:43 pm

Excellent and should I say finally thumbsup russia

The prototype of the new Russian multipurpose helicopter Mi-38 sent to the flight test

George1
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  George1 on Mon Oct 27, 2014 12:32 pm

Novosibirsk airbase in 2014 completely revamped fleet of helicopters

George1
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  George1 on Tue Oct 28, 2014 5:31 pm

Russian Helicopters' Mi-38 pre-series production prototype makes first flight
    Russian Aviaton » Tuesday October 28, 2014 17:37 MSK

The fourth prototype of the new multirole Mi-38 helicopter has carried out a series of ground runs and completed its first flight at Russian Helicopters' (part of State Corporation Rostec) Kazan Helicopters' test flight centre.

The helicopter was piloted by a team comprising commander and test pilot (first class), honoured test pilot of Russia, Vladimir Kutanin, the second pilot was second class test pilotMaxim Shezhin, and chief flight test engineer, second class, Sergei Panin. The helicopter was then sent to the test flight centre at Mil Moscow Helicopter Plant for preparations ahead of its certification testing.

“The Mi-38 development programme is making good progress,” Russian Helicopters deputy CEO, Kazan Helicopters CEO Vadim Ligai said. “Today, for the first time, the fourth prototype of this helicopter – that will soon start certification testing – took to the skies.” “Assembly production has already been launched on the fuselage of the first series-produced units. The Mi-38 has proven it boasts unique capabilities. I am confident that the helicopter will see great demand in Russia, the CIS countries, and on our traditional markets – countries across Africa, South East Asia, and Latin America.”

“The Mi-38 fourth prototype’s first flight was a success,” aircraft commander and test pilot (first class) Vladimir Kutanin said. “The helicopter handles well, all systems worked excellently during the test flight. The developers and producers of the Mi-38 can be proud. As pilots, we really liked the helicopter, it boasts excellent flight capabilities that should ensure it has very bright prospects.”

The Mi-38 fourth prototype differs from that of the third prototype in its shock-resistant fuel system and larger windows. As with the third prototype, the fourth prototype of the Mi-38 is equipped with twin TV7-117V turboshaft engines manufactured by Klimov. The engines’ power shafts are in a forward position and are located behind the main gearbox, which significantly reduces the level of noise in the cabin.

Aviation experts are confident that the Mi-38’s enhanced payload and passenger transportation capacity, combined with the high levels of speed and comfort achieved, will ensure it becomes one of the most popular models in regional aviation, chiefly for passenger and cargo transportation. Its low noise levels, reduced flight preparation time, roomy passenger cabin, meeting new flight safety standards all open up broad operational opportunities for the Mi-38, including in VIP transport. Mi-38 class helicopters boast greater operational profitability than small aircraft thanks to a variety of features, including the fact that they boast highly efficient engines do not need any airfield infrastructure.

Kazan Helicopters produces Mi-8/17 series helicopters that are operated in over 100 countries worldwide. A wide range of configurations are produced: transport, passenger, search and rescue, landing and transport, among many others. Preparations are underway to launch production of the Mi-38 passenger transport helicopter. Since 1997, Kazan Helicopters has been certified to develop helicopter technology: today the light twin-engine Ansat helicopter is in series production.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content Today at 7:34 pm

Current date/time is Sat Dec 10, 2016 7:34 pm