Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues


    Russian Military Uniforms and Clothing

    Share
    avatar
    flamming_python

    Posts : 3332
    Points : 3416
    Join date : 2012-01-30

    Re: Russian Military Uniforms and Clothing

    Post  flamming_python on Fri Jul 03, 2015 4:15 pm

    GarryB wrote:Lance-Corporal ....But you made Colonel here... Smile


    (Funny thing is... I didn't know how to spell Lance-Corporal so I typed Lance-Corprl and clicked on it to get the correct spelling and the only option it gave me was Vice-Chancellor... computers... eh?

    Just Corporal - we don't have a Lance-Corporal rank.

    Instead there's a Junior Sergeant one, which Commonwealth militaries don't have - instead going straight from Corporal to Sergeant.
    avatar
    Walther von Oldenburg

    Posts : 969
    Points : 1026
    Join date : 2015-01-23
    Age : 27
    Location : Oldenburg

    Re: Russian Military Uniforms and Clothing

    Post  Walther von Oldenburg on Fri Jul 03, 2015 4:18 pm

    What's starshina and praporshik BTW?
    avatar
    VladimirSahin

    Posts : 408
    Points : 424
    Join date : 2013-11-29
    Age : 27
    Location : Florida

    Re: Russian Military Uniforms and Clothing

    Post  VladimirSahin on Fri Jul 03, 2015 6:53 pm

    flamming_python wrote:
    VladimirSahin wrote:
    flamming_python wrote:

    I had this one on the bottom-right, only the stripe was more yellowish-green, differentiated itself from the background russia

    Efreitor? Cool I guess Very Happy

    Actually Starshyj Matros, but the Efrejtor rank slide served me well Cool

    Y what were u?

    I was a Corporal, But in 2011 I qualified to become Junior Sergeant. You were a Senior Sailor, What were you assigned to?
    avatar
    flamming_python

    Posts : 3332
    Points : 3416
    Join date : 2012-01-30

    Re: Russian Military Uniforms and Clothing

    Post  flamming_python on Fri Jul 03, 2015 10:16 pm

    Walther von Oldenburg wrote:What's starshina and praporshik BTW?

    First the easy one - Praporshik is the Army term for a Warrant Officer. You have 2 ranks of Warrant Officer; Warrant Officer and Senior Warrant Officer. I believe there used to be a Junior Warrant Officer rank too - but it was abolished some time around about when I served or perhaps earlier.
    The Naval equivalent rank is Midshipman.

    Starshina; or Sergeant-Major - is both a role and a rank.
    As a role it's typically occupied by a Senior Warrant Officer (Senior Midshipman); there is 1 Sergeant-Major for the whole battallion or company and he's responsible for packing your shit in, the barracks and its activities and a lot of other things besides.

    As a rank it's present in both the Navy and in the Army/all other Service Branches.
    In the Navy, 'Starshina' is present in the names of about 4 ranks - where it means Petty Officer. In order of ascension - Petty Officer 2nd Class (Junior Sergeant), Petty Officer 1st Class (Sergeant), Chief Petty Officer (Senior Sergeant), Chief Ship Petty Officer (Sergeant-Major).
    In the Army, it's the name of only 1 rank - the one above Senior Sergeant (i.e. the same as the Chief Ship Petty Officer).

    I guess the closest equivalent in Commonwealth militaries would be the Company Sergeant Major rank.


    Last edited by flamming_python on Fri Jul 03, 2015 10:38 pm; edited 6 times in total
    avatar
    flamming_python

    Posts : 3332
    Points : 3416
    Join date : 2012-01-30

    Re: Russian Military Uniforms and Clothing

    Post  flamming_python on Fri Jul 03, 2015 10:23 pm

    VladimirSahin wrote:
    flamming_python wrote:
    VladimirSahin wrote:
    flamming_python wrote:

    I had this one on the bottom-right, only the stripe was more yellowish-green, differentiated itself from the background russia

    Efreitor? Cool I guess Very Happy

    Actually Starshyj Matros, but the Efrejtor rank slide served me well Cool

    Y what were u?

    I was a Corporal, But in 2011 I qualified to become Junior Sergeant. You were a Senior Sailor, What were you assigned to?  

    I was a Dieselist-Electrician of Electric Power Lighting Units (i.e. generators), assigned to the reserve power-station of my unit (in fact the only one, but it's a reserve one because usually we drew our power from the power grid).

    It was a role for a Senior Sailor rank; so technically like you I could have been comfortably promoted to Petty Officer 2nd Class, but I guess that in 1 year of service there aren't many opportunities to really stand out enough for 2 successive promotions (a couple comrades managed it though).

    For most of the first 6-7 months I was also assigned as a Rifleman in the Anti-Terror detail; which I guess was a Sailor rank role. Either way it wasn't my primary job.
    avatar
    VladimirSahin

    Posts : 408
    Points : 424
    Join date : 2013-11-29
    Age : 27
    Location : Florida

    Re: Russian Military Uniforms and Clothing

    Post  VladimirSahin on Sat Jul 04, 2015 2:22 am

    flamming_python wrote:
    VladimirSahin wrote:
    flamming_python wrote:
    VladimirSahin wrote:
    flamming_python wrote:

    I had this one on the bottom-right, only the stripe was more yellowish-green, differentiated itself from the background russia

    Efreitor? Cool I guess Very Happy

    Actually Starshyj Matros, but the Efrejtor rank slide served me well Cool

    Y what were u?

    I was a Corporal, But in 2011 I qualified to become Junior Sergeant. You were a Senior Sailor, What were you assigned to?  

    I was a Dieselist-Electrician of Electric Power Lighting Units (i.e. generators), assigned to the reserve power-station of my unit (in fact the only one, but it's a reserve one because usually we drew our power from the power grid).

    It was a role for a Senior Sailor rank; so technically like you I could have been comfortably promoted to Petty Officer 2nd Class, but I guess that in 1 year of service there aren't many opportunities to really stand out enough for 2 successive promotions (a couple comrades managed it though).

    For most of the first 6-7 months I was also assigned as a Rifleman in the Anti-Terror detail; which I guess was a Sailor rank role. Either way it wasn't my primary job.

    Cool stuff, Yeah usually conscripts do not get promoted too high. In the VDV I was in a air assault division then I transferred to recon then back to assault. Looking forward to more chats with you even though we've been acquainted for a while now Very Happy
    avatar
    flamming_python

    Posts : 3332
    Points : 3416
    Join date : 2012-01-30

    Re: Russian Military Uniforms and Clothing

    Post  flamming_python on Sat Jul 04, 2015 3:05 am

    VladimirSahin wrote:
    flamming_python wrote:
    VladimirSahin wrote:
    flamming_python wrote:
    VladimirSahin wrote:
    flamming_python wrote:

    I had this one on the bottom-right, only the stripe was more yellowish-green, differentiated itself from the background russia

    Efreitor? Cool I guess Very Happy

    Actually Starshyj Matros, but the Efrejtor rank slide served me well Cool

    Y what were u?

    I was a Corporal, But in 2011 I qualified to become Junior Sergeant. You were a Senior Sailor, What were you assigned to?  

    I was a Dieselist-Electrician of Electric Power Lighting Units (i.e. generators), assigned to the reserve power-station of my unit (in fact the only one, but it's a reserve one because usually we drew our power from the power grid).

    It was a role for a Senior Sailor rank; so technically like you I could have been comfortably promoted to Petty Officer 2nd Class, but I guess that in 1 year of service there aren't many opportunities to really stand out enough for 2 successive promotions (a couple comrades managed it though).

    For most of the first 6-7 months I was also assigned as a Rifleman in the Anti-Terror detail; which I guess was a Sailor rank role. Either way it wasn't my primary job.

    Cool stuff, Yeah usually conscripts do not get promoted too high. In the VDV I was in a air assault division then I transferred to recon then back to assault. Looking forward to more chats with you even though we've been acquainted for a while now Very Happy

    Sure, anytime - I think we served in the same period no? 2010-2011?
    Did you sign a contract? Hard to believe that they would bother transferring a 1-year conscript twice - but then the whole military was messed up at that time and chaos reigned supreme; in fact my base didn't actually receive any money whatsoever from the MoD during this period because there was confusion about whether we were actually subordinated to Northern Fleet Naval HQ in Severomorsk, or directly to Moscow. Needless to say, with no money - our unit was full of improvisation Smile
    avatar
    VladimirSahin

    Posts : 408
    Points : 424
    Join date : 2013-11-29
    Age : 27
    Location : Florida

    Re: Russian Military Uniforms and Clothing

    Post  VladimirSahin on Sat Jul 04, 2015 4:31 pm

    flamming_python wrote:
    VladimirSahin wrote:



    Cool stuff, Yeah usually conscripts do not get promoted too high. In the VDV I was in a air assault division then I transferred to recon then back to assault. Looking forward to more chats with you even though we've been acquainted for a while now Very Happy

    Sure, anytime - I think we served in the same period no? 2010-2011?
    Did you sign a contract? Hard to believe that they would bother transferring a 1-year conscript twice - but then the whole military was messed up at that time and chaos reigned supreme; in fact my base didn't actually receive any money whatsoever from the MoD during this period because there was confusion about whether we were actually subordinated to Northern Fleet Naval HQ in Severomorsk, or directly to Moscow. Needless to say, with no money - our unit was full of improvisation Smile

    I signed a 4 year contract 2008-2012, I was moved around alot, During 2008-2010 I was in Tula, Then sometime just before 2011 I was transferred to Pskov. After the Georgian war and I finished training, I was sent to South Ossetia for a 2 month period as a "MC"(peacekeeper), I basically was deployed to a checkpoint and did some patrols, I got to meet with some Georgian soldiers, And some foreign observers. And yeah I know what you conscripts go through Very Happy service is full of improvisation. But that aside, You probably got to see some cool ships, Did you get to participate in a military drill?
    avatar
    flamming_python

    Posts : 3332
    Points : 3416
    Join date : 2012-01-30

    Re: Russian Military Uniforms and Clothing

    Post  flamming_python on Thu Jul 09, 2015 4:36 pm

    VladimirSahin wrote:
    flamming_python wrote:
    VladimirSahin wrote:



    Cool stuff, Yeah usually conscripts do not get promoted too high. In the VDV I was in a air assault division then I transferred to recon then back to assault. Looking forward to more chats with you even though we've been acquainted for a while now Very Happy

    Sure, anytime - I think we served in the same period no? 2010-2011?
    Did you sign a contract? Hard to believe that they would bother transferring a 1-year conscript twice - but then the whole military was messed up at that time and chaos reigned supreme; in fact my base didn't actually receive any money whatsoever from the MoD during this period because there was confusion about whether we were actually subordinated to Northern Fleet Naval HQ in Severomorsk, or directly to Moscow. Needless to say, with no money - our unit was full of improvisation Smile

    I signed a 4 year contract 2008-2012, I was moved around alot, During 2008-2010 I was in Tula, Then sometime just before 2011 I was transferred to Pskov. After the Georgian war and I finished training, I was sent to South Ossetia for a 2 month period as a "MC"(peacekeeper), I basically was deployed to a checkpoint and did some patrols, I got to meet with some Georgian soldiers, And some foreign observers. And yeah I know what you conscripts go through Very Happy service is full of improvisation. But that aside, You probably got to see some cool ships, Did you get to participate in a military drill?

    I got to board a hospital ship for a flourograph (X-Ray).

    I was in Severomorsk (Northern Fleet HQ) and Murmansk a number of times; I got to a lot of ships such as I think the Pyotr Velikyj was there was right among the quays, perhaps the Leonov too, definately did see the Kuznetsov 2-3 kms out in the bay; it looked positively huge even from that distance.
    Another time was when we visited Severomorsk for the Navy Day celebrations in late July - we were treated to an exercise involving Marines and Landing Ships, together with a couple frigates providing firing support from their large-calibre autocannons - it was difficult to figure out what was going on really. But definately; saw the BDKs, the BTR-80s swimming away from their clamshell doors and so on.

    We had some drills of our own; mostly it was anti-terror alarms/drills; they were conducted almost every night but rarely did we do anything other than have to drop what we were doing, grab our chemical gear and run to the HQ all in under 3 minutes; whereupon we'd practise getting our chemical suits on, or just get asked to take some files back to the barracks. On occasion we had to do something more involved/tactical.
    A couple times those anti-terror alerts were actually real, because of a terrorist attack in another part of the country - we were put on alert too for a short while.

    There was also a 3-day exercise which was organized for the entire base; whereby we were mostly patrolling around, standing guard and conducting anti-terror drills for 2 days; sleeping very little and only with our rifles; nearly got busted smoking weed when I was suddenly called up by an anti-terror alarm - pretty close call. Then we got to take part in a few assaults on radio transmission sites and so on.

    But 95% of service wasn't the cool tactical stuff; it was just shovelling snow, sweeping the grounds, standing on duty in barracks, catching some sleep in the generator room, kitchen duty, cleaning potatoes, collecting berries and mushrooms in the forest, exercise, football, pushups and so on.
    avatar
    VladimirSahin

    Posts : 408
    Points : 424
    Join date : 2013-11-29
    Age : 27
    Location : Florida

    military uniforms, insignia

    Post  VladimirSahin on Thu Jul 09, 2015 5:44 pm

    flamming_python wrote:
    VladimirSahin wrote:
    flamming_python wrote:
    VladimirSahin wrote:



    Cool stuff, Yeah usually conscripts do not get promoted too high. In the VDV I was in a air assault division then I transferred to recon then back to assault. Looking forward to more chats with you even though we've been acquainted for a while now Very Happy

    Sure, anytime - I think we served in the same period no? 2010-2011?
    Did you sign a contract? Hard to believe that they would bother transferring a 1-year conscript twice - but then the whole military was messed up at that time and chaos reigned supreme; in fact my base didn't actually receive any money whatsoever from the MoD during this period because there was confusion about whether we were actually subordinated to Northern Fleet Naval HQ in Severomorsk, or directly to Moscow. Needless to say, with no money - our unit was full of improvisation Smile

    I signed a 4 year contract 2008-2012, I was moved around alot, During 2008-2010 I was in Tula, Then sometime just before 2011 I was transferred to Pskov. After the Georgian war and I finished training, I was sent to South Ossetia for a 2 month period as a "MC"(peacekeeper), I basically was deployed to a checkpoint and did some patrols, I got to meet with some Georgian soldiers, And some foreign observers. And yeah I know what you conscripts go through Very Happy service is full of improvisation. But that aside, You probably got to see some cool ships, Did you get to participate in a military drill?


    I got to board a hospital ship for a flourograph (X-Ray).

    I was in Severomorsk (Northern Fleet HQ) and Murmansk a number of times; I got to a lot of ships such as I think the Pyotr Velikyj was there was right among the quays, perhaps the Leonov too, definately did see the Kuznetsov 2-3 kms out in the bay; it looked positively huge even from that distance.
    Another time was when we visited Severomorsk for the Navy Day celebrations in late July - we were treated to an exercise involving Marines and Landing Ships, together with a couple frigates providing firing support from their large-calibre autocannons - it was difficult to figure out what was going on really. But definately; saw the BDKs, the BTR-80s swimming away from their clamshell doors and so on.

    We had some drills of our own; mostly it was anti-terror alarms/drills; they were conducted almost every night but rarely did we do anything other than have to drop what we were doing, grab our chemical gear and run to the HQ all in under 3 minutes; whereupon we'd practise getting our chemical suits on, or just get asked to take some files back to the barracks. On occasion we had to do something more involved/tactical.
    A couple times those anti-terror alerts were actually real, because of a terrorist attack in another part of the country - we were put on alert too for a short while.

    There was also a 3-day exercise which was organized for the entire base; whereby we were mostly patrolling around, standing guard and conducting anti-terror drills for 2 days; sleeping very little and only with our rifles; nearly got busted smoking weed when I was suddenly called up by an anti-terror alarm - pretty close call. Then we got to take part in a few assaults on radio transmission sites and so on.

    But 95% of service wasn't the cool tactical stuff; it was just shovelling snow, sweeping the grounds, standing on duty in barracks, catching some sleep in the generator room, kitchen duty, cleaning potatoes, collecting berries and mushrooms in the forest, exercise, football, pushups and so on.

    Soldat? you were almost caught smoking weed?!  lol! That's cool that you got to see the Kuznetsov and all those equipment. We had week long drills, Where we would survive in the woods in a low supply zone area, The unit I was in was the best trained unit in maybe the whole division, We would usually do snap drills. One particular test that happened to me was when I was at guard duty, A guy sneaked up on me and choked me and grabbed me, Reflex came in and I got out of the hold and flipped him and then I realized the dudes squad was behind me and the guy said your out of this drill. I was so relieved to find out it was a drill, But it would have been f*cked up if it was a real war situation. I mean imagine some douchebag US squad sneaks up on me and murders me LOL.

    ult

    Posts : 664
    Points : 704
    Join date : 2015-02-20

    Re: Russian Military Uniforms and Clothing

    Post  ult on Tue Oct 20, 2015 5:23 pm

    VKPO in arctic camo.



    avatar
    PapaDragon

    Posts : 7079
    Points : 7175
    Join date : 2015-04-26
    Location : Fort Evil, Serbia

    Russian cammo

    Post  PapaDragon on Mon Dec 21, 2015 4:15 pm


    Arctic cammo:











    http://nortwolf-sam.livejournal.com/1113546.html
    avatar
    George1

    Posts : 11915
    Points : 12390
    Join date : 2011-12-22
    Location : Greece

    Re: Russian Military Uniforms and Clothing

    Post  George1 on Thu Dec 31, 2015 10:13 am

    Russian Armed Forces Complete Transition to New Field Uniforms

    According to deputy defense minister, the Russian army has fully adopted new all-season sets of field uniforms.

    MOSCOW (Sputnik) – The Russian Armed Forces have fully adopted new uniforms, including in the Arctic region, Deputy Defense Minister Dmitry Bulgakov said Thursday.

    "As we planned before the end of 2015, the Russian army has fully completed the transition to wearing new all-season sets of field uniforms, while soldiers deployed in the Arctic have been provided with new Arctic uniforms," Bulgakov told reporters.

    The deputy minister added that officers, warrant officers and contract soldiers have all completed a full transition to a new form of casual dress code.

    "To date, the Russian Armed Forces clothing supply service stands at 100 percent," he underscored.

    Bulgakov specified that over 40 million articles of military uniforms have been distributed this year.

    Read more: http://sputniknews.com/military/20151231/1032531564/russia-armed-forces-new-uniform.html#ixzz3vtAIfdpC
    avatar
    PapaDragon

    Posts : 7079
    Points : 7175
    Join date : 2015-04-26
    Location : Fort Evil, Serbia

    Russian glasses

    Post  PapaDragon on Fri Apr 22, 2016 11:55 pm


    Awesome shades thumbsup

    avatar
    Arctic_Fox

    Posts : 156
    Points : 159
    Join date : 2015-05-02
    Age : 25
    Location : Brazil

    Modern russian camouflage effectiveness

    Post  Arctic_Fox on Sat Oct 22, 2016 11:01 pm

    Modern russian camouflage

    Digital Flora:

    Arctic:

    Desert:
    avatar
    PapaDragon

    Posts : 7079
    Points : 7175
    Join date : 2015-04-26
    Location : Fort Evil, Serbia

    Re: Russian Military Uniforms and Clothing

    Post  PapaDragon on Tue Mar 28, 2017 2:45 am


    Shortage of new uniforms for army. It seems no new ones have been bought this year, ones bought before are reaching expiration and army is reverting back to old ones:

    http://bmpd.livejournal.com/2515856.html
    avatar
    miketheterrible

    Posts : 2575
    Points : 2557
    Join date : 2016-11-06

    Re: Russian Military Uniforms and Clothing

    Post  miketheterrible on Tue Mar 28, 2017 3:01 am

    Units from other regions like Siberia and what not also sport older uniforms.  Simply, not enough were ordered.  They only used up around 40% of SAP2020 and so expect even more orders eventually.  Why is it taking long into 2017 to make new orders? Don't know.  Maybe there is orders already but nothing delivered yet.

    Other thing we need to take into account is the accuracy of the reporting. For all we know, it could be exaggeration (I do believe there will end up shortages. Happens nearly everywhere). And ultimately, uniform is last (IMO) on priority. So long as they still get newer Kevlar helmets/vests, the rest is second/third.
    avatar
    PapaDragon

    Posts : 7079
    Points : 7175
    Join date : 2015-04-26
    Location : Fort Evil, Serbia

    Re: Russian Military Uniforms and Clothing

    Post  PapaDragon on Tue Mar 28, 2017 9:31 pm

    miketheterrible wrote:Units from other regions like Siberia and what not also sport older uniforms.  Simply, not enough were ordered.  They only used up around 40% of SAP2020 and so expect even more orders eventually.  Why is it taking long into 2017 to make new orders? Don't know.  Maybe there is orders already but nothing delivered yet.

    Other thing we need to take into account is the accuracy of the reporting.  For all we know, it could be exaggeration (I do believe there will end up shortages.  Happens nearly everywhere).  And ultimately, uniform is last (IMO) on priority.  So long as they still get newer Kevlar helmets/vests, the rest is second/third.

    Looks like it's pretty big problem.

    Either;

    -They stopped ordering new ones

    -Never planned on implementing them fully

    -Someone pocketed the money and tried to pass off old ones

    I don't like this type of shit one bit. They can sacrifice one fighter jet per year to get enough uniforms. And if they have shortage of uniforms you can bet that kevlar and helmets are nowhere in sight.
    avatar
    miketheterrible

    Posts : 2575
    Points : 2557
    Join date : 2016-11-06

    Re: Russian Military Uniforms and Clothing

    Post  miketheterrible on Tue Mar 28, 2017 11:19 pm

    How can you confirm legitimacy of the claim?

    Judging by the sounds of it, and how new ones are reaching expiry, they probably didn't order more due to possible problem with quality or something else. But it is hearsay with little evidence. Maybe it is only a small portion here and there with this issue? Maybe it is something not even existent? Maybe it is just a small contingent somewhere? A lot of details are left out.
    avatar
    George1

    Posts : 11915
    Points : 12390
    Join date : 2011-12-22
    Location : Greece

    Re: Russian Military Uniforms and Clothing

    Post  George1 on Tue Apr 18, 2017 11:33 pm

    Cap and hat

    From this year on, the servicemen will give special caps instead of everyday caps. Newcomers to the service - immediately, "old men" - in return for those who have served the prescribed terms of socks:



    Servicemen-women instead of everyday hats will be given these hats:

    For officers and ensigns



    For contract servicemen and cadets of higher education institutions



    Servicemen on conscription, cadets of higher education institutions and students of pre-university educational institutions of the Ministry of Defense will get daily caps of a new pattern:


    That's what a casual suit jacket should look like with the wrist marks of the difference in the years of service of contract servicemen:


    Patches in the form of golden elbows worn on the lower part of the outer sides of the sleeves of jackets of demi-season, jackets with long sleeves for everyday suits, jackets for naval suits, jackets for suits of summer camouflage colors. In the case when the suit of the summer camouflage color is used as a field uniform, the armorial insignia for the years of service are of a protective color.

    In 2017, a state contract was concluded for the manufacture and supply of breast patches with name and patronymic signs as belonging to military formations. Purses with name and patch marks will receive conscription servicemen on a priority basis (2 units each, one on VKPO, one for "daily routine"), cadets from the new set (2 units per VKPO and "daily routine" ).

    According to the decision of the NGSH, old-style sprockets return to the shoulder straps:


    The autumn call-2017 right at the recruiting station will be given out winter boots (previously received only summer ones, which in December directly say was not ice).

    http://bmpd.livejournal.com/2556225.html
    avatar
    Arctic_Fox

    Posts : 156
    Points : 159
    Join date : 2015-05-02
    Age : 25
    Location : Brazil

    Re: Russian Military Uniforms and Clothing

    Post  Arctic_Fox on Tue May 02, 2017 2:48 am

    New camouflage pattern spoted in Syria:




    looks pretty effective if you ask me

    Honesroc

    Posts : 69
    Points : 71
    Join date : 2014-11-01

    2017 Victory Day Parade

    Post  Honesroc on Wed May 10, 2017 7:56 pm

    Well, another May 9th parade and another new dress uniform.

    Litzenspiegel? Really?

    avatar
    George1

    Posts : 11915
    Points : 12390
    Join date : 2011-12-22
    Location : Greece

    Re: Russian Military Uniforms and Clothing

    Post  George1 on Mon May 22, 2017 2:07 pm

    Tankmen returned black overalls



    As Sergei Ptichkin writes in the article "Tankers returned black overalls," published May 20, 2017 in the "Rossiyskaya Gazeta", on May 20 in the 4th Guards Tank Kantemirovsky Order of Lenin Red Banner Division named after Yu. Andropov celebrated the 75th anniversary of the 12th Guards Red Banner Shepetivsky Order of Suvorov and Kutuzov, the 2nd degree of the tank regiment.

    They showed modern equipment. Veterans immediately drew attention and were delighted that they saw tank-men dressed in black overalls. For a quarter of a century of endless reform of the Armed Forces, tank forces have not been left aside. Someone thought that black color does not meet the epochs of change, green camouflage fits better. And the tank-men became like ordinary motorized rifles.

    Only did not take into account that the tank is a combat vehicle, in which non-flower flowers are fragrant, but combustible-lubricating materials. Diesel, kerosene and various oils have a habit of quickly turning camouflage into something obscure.

    Common sense is back. For daily work with their cars, tankmen now have light, very comfortable and practical overalls of black color. If the work is in the park, then the black beret on the head, if there are polygon departures, then the classic headset.

    If it is necessary to participate in combat operations, the tank crews are dressed in special dense overalls of spotted, so-called, digital coloring. They differ in that they do not burn and protect themselves from small fragments. In the event that the car is disabled and the crew is forced to leave it, a special coloring will reduce the visibility of people in the enemy's vision systems. On the head instead of a headset is a helmet made of strong composite materials.

    So the form of modern tankers has become elegant and practical, both in civilian life and in war.

    http://bmpd.livejournal.com/2621600.html
    avatar
    JMCR

    Posts : 3
    Points : 9
    Join date : 2017-06-23

    Why so many camo patterns?

    Post  JMCR on Fri Jul 21, 2017 7:17 am

    So I will see military wearing mix-match of multiple patterns like so the following image which appears to be a mix of digi flora and flora. (Correct me if I'm wrong)

    -or sometimes even wearing different camouflage patterns such as how in one video which I cannot find, they were wearing digi flora primarily but some people were in civilian clothes and others in flora. Even the odd multicam was show at one point being worn by a man. I'll link the video if I can find it.

    So my question here is 'Why so many camouflage patterns as opposed to just using one. Sure makes identification of friend and foe easier, yes?'

    Sorry if this was a bit difficult to understand.
    avatar
    George1

    Posts : 11915
    Points : 12390
    Join date : 2011-12-22
    Location : Greece

    Re: Russian Military Uniforms and Clothing

    Post  George1 on Mon Oct 09, 2017 2:58 pm

    CSTO(ODKB) exercises to commence in Armenia.Note Russian VDV sporting rarely seen camo




    Sponsored content

    Re: Russian Military Uniforms and Clothing

    Post  Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Fri Sep 21, 2018 3:08 am