Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

Zraver is here.

zraver
    Private
    Private

Zraver is here.

Post  zraver on Fri 21 Jan 2011, 16:31

Greetings,

I am zraver, former US Army 19E/19K/63T current senior at the University of Central Arkansas (UCA) majoring in History with Honors and Poli-Sci minors.

Vladimir79
    Grand Marshal
    Grand Marshal

Re: Zraver is here.

Post  Vladimir79 on Fri 21 Jan 2011, 16:38

Welcome to RMF! welcome

Why you still at UCA? You should be done by now. I thought you were off teaching History.

zraver
    Private
    Private

Post  zraver on Fri 21 Jan 2011, 17:36

Its a slow process when you have a disabled wife and 2.99 kids full time and another part time. If I can get through Spanish with a summer session, I will walk in December. The only 2 degree specific classes I am missing are a single history seminar and my thesis and its defense for honors. I am only missing one gen-ed class but still have 2 more Spanish classes which is whats dragging me down. I am tone deaf and foreign vowel sounds baffle me. If I could do Latin or just the written part of the Spanish or German language requirement I would do fine.

The .99 kid will be 1.0 on Feb 18th when Alexander Gage makes his grand entrance in to the world. My birthday is the 19th so I am teasing my wife I am going to tie her legs shut so I get the worlds best birthday present.

Vladimir79
    Grand Marshal
    Grand Marshal

Post  Vladimir79 on Fri 21 Jan 2011, 21:06

zraver wrote:Its a slow process when you have a disabled wife and 2.99 kids full time and another part time. If I can get through Spanish with a summer session, I will walk in December. The only 2 degree specific classes I am missing are a single history seminar and my thesis and its defense for honors. I am only missing one gen-ed class but still have 2 more Spanish classes which is whats dragging me down. I am tone deaf and foreign vowel sounds baffle me. If I could do Latin or just the written part of the Spanish or German language requirement I would do fine.

The .99 kid will be 1.0 on Feb 18th when Alexander Gage makes his grand entrance in to the world. My birthday is the 19th so I am teasing my wife I am going to tie her legs shut so I get the worlds best birthday present.

Don't you have some kind of (disability) exceptional programme that can get you out of FL? ADD kids don't have to take it. I am sure you would qualify with your tone deafness.

zraver
    Private
    Private

Post  zraver on Sat 22 Jan 2011, 02:49

Vladimir79 wrote:
    zraver wrote:Its a slow process when you have a disabled wife and 2.99 kids full time and another part time. If I can get through Spanish with a summer session, I will walk in December. The only 2 degree specific classes I am missing are a single history seminar and my thesis and its defense for honors. I am only missing one gen-ed class but still have 2 more Spanish classes which is whats dragging me down. I am tone deaf and foreign vowel sounds baffle me. If I could do Latin or just the written part of the Spanish or German language requirement I would do fine.

Don't you have some kind of (disability) exceptional programme that can get you out of FL? ADD kids don't have to take it. I am sure you would qualify with your tone deafness.

I just checked, you got my hopes up, but no. The NCA which is the regional accreditation program UCA is part of apparently has different requirements. The US has 6 regional accreditation organizations divided into regions and each sets its own guidelines.

Vladimir79
    Grand Marshal
    Grand Marshal

Post  Vladimir79 on Sat 22 Jan 2011, 03:03

zraver wrote:

I just checked, you got my hopes up, but no. The NCA which is the regional accreditation program UCA is part of apparently has different requirements. The US has 6 regional accreditation organizations divided into regions and each sets its own guidelines.

You checked this?

http://www.uca.edu/disability/eligibility_for_services.php

Call them up and see if you can get out of language. If it is impaired by your disability and they do not, you can sue them under the Disabilities Act. That isn't limited by regional accreditation. It is the fucking law.

milky_candy_sugar
    Junior Lieutenant
    Junior Lieutenant

Post  milky_candy_sugar on Sat 22 Jan 2011, 16:46

Welcome!! Smile

Hoof
    Corporal
    Corporal

Post  Hoof on Sat 22 Jan 2011, 22:17

Welcome =)

zraver
    Private
    Private

Post  zraver on Wed 26 Jan 2011, 02:33

Thanks all.

Vlad, I don't think a disability waives degree requirements.

Russian Patriot
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  Russian Patriot on Fri 25 Feb 2011, 21:06

Vladimir79 wrote:
    zraver wrote:

You checked this?

http://www.uca.edu/disability/eligibility_for_services.php

Call them up and see if you can get out of language. If it is impaired by your disability and they do not, you can sue them under the Disabilities Act. That isn't limited by regional accreditation. It is the fucking law.

As a person who had the same issue based on my disablity,Vlad, they have total rights to do that, and best part is you can't sue them under Disablties Act because it is covered in the National Education Plan that it would violate national requirments if any student does not do Foregin languages . So we are stuck!

Welcome Aboard Zraver !

Viktor
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  Viktor on Sat 26 Feb 2011, 13:42

Welcome man.

Vladimir79
    Grand Marshal
    Grand Marshal

Post  Vladimir79 on Sat 26 Feb 2011, 23:08

Russian Patriot wrote:

As a person who had the same issue based on my disablity,Vlad, they have total rights to do that, and best part is you can't sue them under Disablties Act because it is covered in the National Education Plan that it would violate national requirments if any student does not do Foregin languages . So we are stuck!

Sorry, but there is no such thing as national requirements for US higher education. They are divided by regional accreditation. DOE doesn't validate anything which is why a bunch of diploma mills like University of Pheonix get to issue accredited degrees. Don't have to take any languages at that school.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content Today at 01:51

Current date/time is Tue 06 Dec 2016, 01:51