Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues


    Ukraine's Arms Εxports

    Share
    avatar
    Militarov

    Posts : 5517
    Points : 5562
    Join date : 2015-09-02
    Location : Serbia

    Re: Ukraine's Arms Εxports

    Post  Militarov on Mon Jun 06, 2016 6:52 pm

    "Science of State Enterprise “Scientific and Production Complex “Iskra” (SE SPC “Iskra”) has developed new 80K6T active radar station with digital Active Phased Array multifunction Radar (APAR) for one of Southeast-Asia country, reported by defence-ua.com.

    The 80K6T is a is a mobile all-round 3D-coordinated surveillance radar station of the low/medium/high altitudes with coordinates and routes outputs, operating in autonomous mode or as a part of regional and national automated control system (ACS) and used as a part of anti-aircraft forces for target designation output for anti-aircraft complexes as an information unit in the Air Forces and Air Defense for air traffic control and monitoring. The radar belongs to type GCI according to NATO classification.



    Radar Station provides:

    detection, tracking and measuring of the flying objects three coordinates and their ground speed under conditions without interference and under the natural and active and passive jamming influence, and also under their combined impact;
    aircraft state belonging determination, obtaining from your state’s aircraft individual and flight data, its displaying and distribution to the consumer, definition of elevation and azimuth bearings on the jammers;
    providing information on autonomous display means and interaction with command posts of regional and high-ranking national ACS.
    Main advantages of 80К6Т Radar Station:

    • Detection range 500 km
    • Elevation coverage 70°
    • Automatic active jamming compensation
    • Low sidelobes of the antenna pattern
    • 16 independent parallel beams
    • Antenna in-built distributed transmitter with low losses
    • TR System high reliability
    • Radar deployment time – 20 minutes
    • Automatic troubleshooting
    • Flight information, diagnostics status and negotiations registration for 70 days term.

    As a consequence of 80K6T active radar station development company SE SPC “Iskra” have possibility now to participate in the tender procedure in one of the Southeast-Asia countries*, which has been lasting at present. At the same time, during the last year two major countries from Middle-East region took an interest to arrange domesti
    c manufacturing of the mentioned radar and “Iskra” have already established the contractual relationship with one of the countries."

    Source: http://defence-blog.com/news/ukraine-develops-new-80k6t-all-round-3d-coordinated-surveillance-radar-for-one-of-southeast-asia-country.html

    JohninMK

    Posts : 4539
    Points : 4596
    Join date : 2015-06-16
    Location : England

    Re: Ukraine's Arms Εxports

    Post  JohninMK on Fri Aug 26, 2016 4:50 pm


    Dispute with Boeing over Sea Launch to be settled before end of year - Energia Corporation

    The dispute with the Boeing company over the Sea Launch project will be settled before the end of 2016, Energia Rocket and Space Corporation head Vladimir Solntsev told reporters on Friday.

    "I think that before the end of the year we should finalize and sign the final document to settle all of the issues, and I think that the issue will be closed at that," he said.

    A compromise-based solution to this problem has already been found, but this information will remain confidential until the issue is finally resolved, and it is still too early to speak about the details, he said.

    "It is indirectly linked with the further implementation and development of the Sea Launch project, but it is not an insurmountable obstacle, although Boeing's position carries a lot of weight in the U.S., and a peaceful path is the most acceptable," Solntsev said.

    The Sea Launch company was set up to implement a project of the same name in 1995. Its founders included Boeing, Energia, the Norwegian engineering company Kvaerner (now Aker Solutions), and Ukraine's Yuzhnoye (Pivdenne) design bureau and Yuzhmash (Pivdenmash) production association. Sea Launch announced its bankruptcy in the summer of 2009. After reorganization, Energia assumed the leading role in the project.


    From Interfax
    avatar
    George1

    Posts : 10215
    Points : 10703
    Join date : 2011-12-22
    Location : Greece

    Re: Ukraine's Arms Εxports

    Post  George1 on Sat Sep 17, 2016 5:10 pm

    Ukraine supplied to South Sudan two combat training aircraft L-39



    http://bmpd.livejournal.com/2133501.html


    _________________
    "There's no smoke without fire.", Georgy Zhukov

    avatar
    George1

    Posts : 10215
    Points : 10703
    Join date : 2011-12-22
    Location : Greece

    Re: Ukraine's Arms Εxports

    Post  George1 on Wed Oct 12, 2016 2:18 am

    Deliveries of Ukrainian combat helicopters Mi-24 in Nigeria

    http://bmpd.livejournal.com/2176493.html


    _________________
    "There's no smoke without fire.", Georgy Zhukov


    JohninMK

    Posts : 4539
    Points : 4596
    Join date : 2015-06-16
    Location : England

    Re: Ukraine's Arms Εxports

    Post  JohninMK on Fri Oct 21, 2016 4:06 pm

    Wow, if correct this is a serious order, 12 complete and 40 knock down kits.

    Antonov and Beijing A-Star Aerospace Technology Co signed a cooperation agreement for joint development of the new An-178 short-range tactical transport aircraft. That was reported by diana-mihailova.livejournal.com.

    The contract №084 / 1098 / 16-156 requires the purchase of twelve Antonov An-178 at a price of 40 million. USD. For each, with an advance of 50% of the price of the first two aircraft, the first machine delivery should take place within 14 months after receipt of advance payment for the first aircraft in the amount of 100% of the contract price.

    Contract №084 / 1099 / 16-156 signed for the supply of forty aircraft sets for assembly on the production capacities «Beijing A-Star Aerospace Technology Co» in China.

    The An-178 is a short-range tactical transport aircraft. It was developed by Ukrainian Antonov design bureau. Its development commenced in 2004. It is based on civilian An-158 regional jet aircraft. Some modifications were made to adapt this aircraft for military service. It has a wider fuselage and is fitted with a rear loading ramp. This aircraft is a proposed replacement for the ageing An-12, An-26 and An-32 tactical aircraft most of which are worn-out already.


    http://defence-blog.com/news/china-and-ukraine-to-jointly-produce-a-new-an-178-short-range-tactical-transport-aircraft.html
    avatar
    KoTeMoRe

    Posts : 3905
    Points : 3936
    Join date : 2015-04-21
    Location : Krankhaus Central.

    Re: Ukraine's Arms Εxports

    Post  KoTeMoRe on Fri Oct 21, 2016 4:40 pm

    JohninMK wrote:Wow, if correct this is a serious order, 12 complete and 40 knock down kits.

    Antonov and Beijing A-Star Aerospace Technology Co signed a cooperation agreement for joint development of the new An-178 short-range tactical transport aircraft. That was reported by diana-mihailova.livejournal.com.

    The  contract №084 / 1098 / 16-156 requires the purchase of twelve Antonov An-178 at a price of 40 million. USD. For each, with an advance of 50% of the price of the first two aircraft, the first machine delivery should take place within 14 months after receipt of advance payment for the first aircraft in the amount of 100% of the contract price.

    Contract №084 / 1099 / 16-156 signed for the supply of forty aircraft sets for assembly on the production capacities «Beijing A-Star Aerospace Technology Co» in China.

    The An-178 is a short-range tactical transport aircraft. It was developed by Ukrainian Antonov design bureau. Its development commenced in 2004. It is based on civilian An-158 regional jet aircraft. Some modifications were made to adapt this aircraft for military service. It has a wider fuselage and is fitted with a rear loading ramp. This aircraft is a proposed replacement for the ageing An-12, An-26 and An-32 tactical aircraft most of which are worn-out already.


    http://defence-blog.com/news/china-and-ukraine-to-jointly-produce-a-new-an-178-short-range-tactical-transport-aircraft.html


    40 million per plane I hope.
    avatar
    Militarov

    Posts : 5517
    Points : 5562
    Join date : 2015-09-02
    Location : Serbia

    Re: Ukraine's Arms Εxports

    Post  Militarov on Fri Oct 21, 2016 4:59 pm

    JohninMK wrote:Wow, if correct this is a serious order, 12 complete and 40 knock down kits.

    Antonov and Beijing A-Star Aerospace Technology Co signed a cooperation agreement for joint development of the new An-178 short-range tactical transport aircraft. That was reported by diana-mihailova.livejournal.com.

    The  contract №084 / 1098 / 16-156 requires the purchase of twelve Antonov An-178 at a price of 40 million. USD. For each, with an advance of 50% of the price of the first two aircraft, the first machine delivery should take place within 14 months after receipt of advance payment for the first aircraft in the amount of 100% of the contract price.

    Contract №084 / 1099 / 16-156 signed for the supply of forty aircraft sets for assembly on the production capacities «Beijing A-Star Aerospace Technology Co» in China.

    The An-178 is a short-range tactical transport aircraft. It was developed by Ukrainian Antonov design bureau. Its development commenced in 2004. It is based on civilian An-158 regional jet aircraft. Some modifications were made to adapt this aircraft for military service. It has a wider fuselage and is fitted with a rear loading ramp. This aircraft is a proposed replacement for the ageing An-12, An-26 and An-32 tactical aircraft most of which are worn-out already.


    http://defence-blog.com/news/china-and-ukraine-to-jointly-produce-a-new-an-178-short-range-tactical-transport-aircraft.html

    That is actually huge order for todays standards.
    avatar
    ExBeobachter1987

    Posts : 445
    Points : 445
    Join date : 2014-11-26
    Age : 29
    Location : Western Eurasia

    Re: Ukraine's Arms Εxports

    Post  ExBeobachter1987 on Sat Oct 22, 2016 1:23 am

    Militarov wrote:
    JohninMK wrote:Wow, if correct this is a serious order, 12 complete and 40 knock down kits.

    Antonov and Beijing A-Star Aerospace Technology Co signed a cooperation agreement for joint development of the new An-178 short-range tactical transport aircraft. That was reported by diana-mihailova.livejournal.com.

    The  contract №084 / 1098 / 16-156 requires the purchase of twelve Antonov An-178 at a price of 40 million. USD. For each, with an advance of 50% of the price of the first two aircraft, the first machine delivery should take place within 14 months after receipt of advance payment for the first aircraft in the amount of 100% of the contract price.

    Contract №084 / 1099 / 16-156 signed for the supply of forty aircraft sets for assembly on the production capacities «Beijing A-Star Aerospace Technology Co» in China.

    The An-178 is a short-range tactical transport aircraft. It was developed by Ukrainian Antonov design bureau. Its development commenced in 2004. It is based on civilian An-158 regional jet aircraft. Some modifications were made to adapt this aircraft for military service. It has a wider fuselage and is fitted with a rear loading ramp. This aircraft is a proposed replacement for the ageing An-12, An-26 and An-32 tactical aircraft most of which are worn-out already.


    http://defence-blog.com/news/china-and-ukraine-to-jointly-produce-a-new-an-178-short-range-tactical-transport-aircraft.html

    That is actually huge order for todays standards.

    That is not an order, that is tech transfer.
    Or have you ever heard of Beijing A-Star Aerospace Technology Co.?
    avatar
    KoTeMoRe

    Posts : 3905
    Points : 3936
    Join date : 2015-04-21
    Location : Krankhaus Central.

    Re: Ukraine's Arms Εxports

    Post  KoTeMoRe on Sat Oct 22, 2016 10:19 am

    Militarov wrote:
    JohninMK wrote:Wow, if correct this is a serious order, 12 complete and 40 knock down kits.

    Antonov and Beijing A-Star Aerospace Technology Co signed a cooperation agreement for joint development of the new An-178 short-range tactical transport aircraft. That was reported by diana-mihailova.livejournal.com.

    The  contract №084 / 1098 / 16-156 requires the purchase of twelve Antonov An-178 at a price of 40 million. USD. For each, with an advance of 50% of the price of the first two aircraft, the first machine delivery should take place within 14 months after receipt of advance payment for the first aircraft in the amount of 100% of the contract price.

    Contract №084 / 1099 / 16-156 signed for the supply of forty aircraft sets for assembly on the production capacities «Beijing A-Star Aerospace Technology Co» in China.

    The An-178 is a short-range tactical transport aircraft. It was developed by Ukrainian Antonov design bureau. Its development commenced in 2004. It is based on civilian An-158 regional jet aircraft. Some modifications were made to adapt this aircraft for military service. It has a wider fuselage and is fitted with a rear loading ramp. This aircraft is a proposed replacement for the ageing An-12, An-26 and An-32 tactical aircraft most of which are worn-out already.


    http://defence-blog.com/news/china-and-ukraine-to-jointly-produce-a-new-an-178-short-range-tactical-transport-aircraft.html

    That is actually huge order for todays standards.


    It's not even close to saving Antonov, but at least they have work. The planes will be all sold for 40 million, that is 3.2 million a piece. It's probably either the cheapest sale of tactical transport aircraft or the cheapest blowjob for the Chinese aviation industry ever. SKD kits will never sell beyond 1.5 million dollars. Way to go China, brand new TTA for 100 million dollars. Just perfect.

    NB: This is not a tech transfer, it's Antonov trying to stay alive with over 350 million USD debt and about twice that in arrears and liabilities.

    Aviant debt penalty alone was +600 million HRY which before crisis amounted to 80 million Euro. Rada just slashed Aviants debt penalty and left them with about 800 million HRY debt and zero liquidities. The State passed another moratorium on the "Russian debt", IE money paid to Antonov in 2012, then reimbursed by Yanukovich in 2013 to Russia because Antonov was doing jack. There's also the Motorsich chapter for the engines Antonov has ordered and still not paid.

    http://en.lb.ua/news/2016/10/20/2137_rada_wrote_off_500m_hryvnia_debt.html

    Thug life chose Antonov.

    With the current ratio, Antonov's official debt should be around 80 million, real debt around 200 million. Aviants debt is around 20 million...
    avatar
    Militarov

    Posts : 5517
    Points : 5562
    Join date : 2015-09-02
    Location : Serbia

    Re: Ukraine's Arms Εxports

    Post  Militarov on Sat Oct 22, 2016 10:55 am

    KoTeMoRe wrote:
    Militarov wrote:
    JohninMK wrote:Wow, if correct this is a serious order, 12 complete and 40 knock down kits.

    Antonov and Beijing A-Star Aerospace Technology Co signed a cooperation agreement for joint development of the new An-178 short-range tactical transport aircraft. That was reported by diana-mihailova.livejournal.com.

    The  contract №084 / 1098 / 16-156 requires the purchase of twelve Antonov An-178 at a price of 40 million. USD. For each, with an advance of 50% of the price of the first two aircraft, the first machine delivery should take place within 14 months after receipt of advance payment for the first aircraft in the amount of 100% of the contract price.

    Contract №084 / 1099 / 16-156 signed for the supply of forty aircraft sets for assembly on the production capacities «Beijing A-Star Aerospace Technology Co» in China.

    The An-178 is a short-range tactical transport aircraft. It was developed by Ukrainian Antonov design bureau. Its development commenced in 2004. It is based on civilian An-158 regional jet aircraft. Some modifications were made to adapt this aircraft for military service. It has a wider fuselage and is fitted with a rear loading ramp. This aircraft is a proposed replacement for the ageing An-12, An-26 and An-32 tactical aircraft most of which are worn-out already.


    http://defence-blog.com/news/china-and-ukraine-to-jointly-produce-a-new-an-178-short-range-tactical-transport-aircraft.html

    That is actually huge order for todays standards.


    It's not even close to saving Antonov, but at least they have work. The planes will be all sold for 40 million, that is 3.2 million a piece. It's probably either the cheapest sale of tactical transport aircraft or the cheapest blowjob for the Chinese aviation industry ever. SKD kits will never sell beyond 1.5 million dollars. Way to go China, brand new TTA for 100 million dollars. Just perfect.

    NB: This is not a tech transfer, it's Antonov trying to stay alive with over 350 million USD debt and about twice that in arrears and liabilities.

    Aviant debt penalty alone was +600 million HRY which before crisis amounted to 80 million Euro. Rada just slashed Aviants debt penalty and left them with about 800 million HRY debt and zero liquidities. The State passed another moratorium on the "Russian debt", IE money paid to Antonov in 2012, then reimbursed by Yanukovich in 2013 to Russia because Antonov was doing jack. There's also the Motorsich chapter for the engines Antonov has ordered and still not paid.

    http://en.lb.ua/news/2016/10/20/2137_rada_wrote_off_500m_hryvnia_debt.html

    Thug life chose Antonov.

    With the current ratio, Antonov's official debt should be around 80 million, real debt around 200 million. Aviants debt is around 20 million...

    I belive they are to pay 40 million per aircraft, as that is the price listed by Antonov. Price for lifter variant is 40 mil, and goes up to 60 million for liner variant.

    avatar
    KoTeMoRe

    Posts : 3905
    Points : 3936
    Join date : 2015-04-21
    Location : Krankhaus Central.

    Re: Ukraine's Arms Εxports

    Post  KoTeMoRe on Sat Oct 22, 2016 11:03 am

    From Mihailova's blog I read only 40 million. There's no specification.

    40 million a plane saves Antonov if they manage to build those 12 planes.
    Still I don't know who will power as Motorsich is in the shitter itself.

    At this point, the Chinese should simply offer a deal and buy the two, it would be easier than spend almost 3 billion dollars for 50 planes.
    avatar
    George1

    Posts : 10215
    Points : 10703
    Join date : 2011-12-22
    Location : Greece

    Re: Ukraine's Arms Εxports

    Post  George1 on Fri Nov 04, 2016 11:11 am

    Export of Ukrainian "Smerch" to Azerbaijan

    http://bmpd.livejournal.com/2229288.html


    _________________
    "There's no smoke without fire.", Georgy Zhukov

    avatar
    George1

    Posts : 10215
    Points : 10703
    Join date : 2011-12-22
    Location : Greece

    Re: Ukraine's Arms Εxports

    Post  George1 on Sun Nov 06, 2016 8:57 pm

    Export of Ukrainian anti-tank guided missiles Falarick 90 and Falarick 105 in Belgium

    http://bmpd.livejournal.com/2234013.html


    _________________
    "There's no smoke without fire.", Georgy Zhukov

    avatar
    airstrike

    Posts : 131
    Points : 131
    Join date : 2016-07-13

    Re: Ukraine's Arms Εxports

    Post  airstrike on Sat Nov 19, 2016 5:42 pm

    Nigeria has bought T-72M1 tanks and howitzers from Ukraine

    http://defense-watch.com/2016/11/19/nigeria-has-bought-t-72m1-tanks-and-howitzers-from-ukraine/
    avatar
    KiloGolf

    Posts : 1833
    Points : 1861
    Join date : 2015-09-01
    Location : Macedonia, Hellas

    Re: Ukraine's Arms Εxports

    Post  KiloGolf on Sat Nov 19, 2016 5:47 pm

    Quick questions for the experts here. Ukraine seems to operate and/or export MBTs with Kontakt-5 ERA (Bulat, T-80UD and so on).

    Do they have like huge USSR stocks?
    Did they reverse engineer it?
    Did they produce it locally all along?

    Cheers guys.
    avatar
    KoTeMoRe

    Posts : 3905
    Points : 3936
    Join date : 2015-04-21
    Location : Krankhaus Central.

    Re: Ukraine's Arms Εxports

    Post  KoTeMoRe on Sat Nov 19, 2016 6:16 pm

    KiloGolf wrote:Quick questions for the experts here. Ukraine seems to operate and/or export MBTs with Kontakt-5 ERA (Bulat, T-80UD and so on).

    Do they have like huge USSR stocks?
    Did they reverse engineer it?
    Did they produce it locally all along?

    Cheers guys.

    Ukraine has had one of the most advanced ERA systems for decades, in part developed from K-5 experience and also in part for/from the Russian MIC synergies.

    Mikrotek was part of the K-5 chain so there should be no problem sourcing the technical product, (their NOZH frangible ERA is a good upgrade from K-5).

    avatar
    KiloGolf

    Posts : 1833
    Points : 1861
    Join date : 2015-09-01
    Location : Macedonia, Hellas

    Re: Ukraine's Arms Εxports

    Post  KiloGolf on Sat Nov 19, 2016 6:40 pm

    KoTeMoRe wrote:
    KiloGolf wrote:Quick questions for the experts here. Ukraine seems to operate and/or export MBTs with Kontakt-5 ERA (Bulat, T-80UD and so on).

    Do they have like huge USSR stocks?
    Did they reverse engineer it?
    Did they produce it locally all along?

    Cheers guys.

    Ukraine has had one of the most advanced ERA systems for decades, in part developed from K-5 experience and also in part for/from the Russian MIC synergies.

    Mikrotek was part of the K-5 chain so there should be no problem sourcing the technical product, (their NOZH frangible ERA is a good upgrade from K-5).

    Was the original K-5 built/co-produced there during USSR day, for the T-80UD?
    Oh crap. So sad to hear such prime tech is now in the hands of Maidanuts. No

    I seem to remember the Donbas militias capturing a few damaged Bulats. Any pointers on what they concluded?

    I'm reading this from your info, thanks:
    http://www.army-guide.com/eng/product3705.html
    http://www.sdtb.kiev.ua/sdtb_defence_en.htm

    PS. What are these "4C20 and 4C22 elements" the K-5 bricks and wedges seen on T-80U/T-90A ?
    avatar
    KoTeMoRe

    Posts : 3905
    Points : 3936
    Join date : 2015-04-21
    Location : Krankhaus Central.

    Re: Ukraine's Arms Εxports

    Post  KoTeMoRe on Sat Nov 19, 2016 6:52 pm

    KiloGolf wrote:
    KoTeMoRe wrote:
    KiloGolf wrote:Quick questions for the experts here. Ukraine seems to operate and/or export MBTs with Kontakt-5 ERA (Bulat, T-80UD and so on).

    Do they have like huge USSR stocks?
    Did they reverse engineer it?
    Did they produce it locally all along?

    Cheers guys.

    Ukraine has had one of the most advanced ERA systems for decades, in part developed from K-5 experience and also in part for/from the Russian MIC synergies.

    Mikrotek was part of the K-5 chain so there should be no problem sourcing the technical product, (their NOZH frangible ERA is a good upgrade from K-5).

    Was the original K-5 built/co-produced there during USSR day, for the T-80UD?
    Oh crap. So sad to hear such prime tech is now in the hands of Maidanuts. No

    I seem to remember the Donbas militias capturing a few damaged Bulats. Any pointers on what they concluded?

    Part of the ERA (explosive sheets and panels) were made at Donetsk KZ. Which was bombed twice by Ukropia. KMDB can make their own limited production, but mostly the Kiev reconditioning facility acts as quick draw for the ERA needs.
    avatar
    KiloGolf

    Posts : 1833
    Points : 1861
    Join date : 2015-09-01
    Location : Macedonia, Hellas

    Re: Ukraine's Arms Εxports

    Post  KiloGolf on Sat Nov 19, 2016 6:59 pm

    KoTeMoRe wrote:
    KiloGolf wrote:Was the original K-5 built/co-produced there during USSR day, for the T-80UD?
    Oh crap. So sad to hear such prime tech is now in the hands of Maidanuts. No

    I seem to remember the Donbas militias capturing a few damaged Bulats. Any pointers on what they concluded?

    Part of the ERA (explosive sheets and panels) were made at Donetsk KZ. Which was bombed twice by Ukropia. KMDB can make their own limited production, but mostly the Kiev reconditioning facility acts as quick draw for the ERA needs.

    Donetsk KZ made the bits and pieces for NOZH and K-1/K-5 or just the second?
    From some reading on the NOZH, brick shape/size aside, they seem to market it as a completely new type explosive mix, that correct?
    avatar
    KoTeMoRe

    Posts : 3905
    Points : 3936
    Join date : 2015-04-21
    Location : Krankhaus Central.

    Re: Ukraine's Arms Εxports

    Post  KoTeMoRe on Sat Nov 19, 2016 8:18 pm

    KiloGolf wrote:
    KoTeMoRe wrote:
    KiloGolf wrote:Was the original K-5 built/co-produced there during USSR day, for the T-80UD?
    Oh crap. So sad to hear such prime tech is now in the hands of Maidanuts. No

    I seem to remember the Donbas militias capturing a few damaged Bulats. Any pointers on what they concluded?

    Part of the ERA (explosive sheets and panels) were made at Donetsk KZ. Which was bombed twice by Ukropia. KMDB can make their own limited production, but mostly the Kiev reconditioning facility acts as quick draw for the ERA needs.

    Donetsk KZ made the bits and pieces for NOZH and K-1/K-5 or just the second?
    From some reading on the NOZH, brick shape/size aside, they seem to market it as a completely new type explosive mix, that correct?

    Actually they made bits and pieces for many ERA appliques. K-1/K-5/Relikt/Nozh on STA/Nozh for Duplet.

    It's not "completely" new, its a frangible EFP counter-action ERA. Kaktus for instance was thought as the same idea as Duplet and Czech/Slovak multilayered Era. The difference is that KDMB thought the best defence vs APFSDS would be using mini EFP's.

    It's probably the best system of the old Era, 100% contact reactive.
    avatar
    KiloGolf

    Posts : 1833
    Points : 1861
    Join date : 2015-09-01
    Location : Macedonia, Hellas

    Re: Ukraine's Arms Εxports

    Post  KiloGolf on Sat Nov 19, 2016 8:44 pm

    KoTeMoRe wrote:

    It's not "completely" new, its a frangible EFP counter-action ERA. Kaktus for instance was thought as the same idea as Duplet and Czech/Slovak multilayered Era. The difference is that KDMB thought the best defence vs APFSDS would be using mini EFP's.

    It's probably the best system of the old Era, 100% contact reactive.

    I see what they've done. No more plate-shapped stuff, just different spec'ed little EFPs.



    Smart.
    What's Russia's response to this?
    avatar
    KoTeMoRe

    Posts : 3905
    Points : 3936
    Join date : 2015-04-21
    Location : Krankhaus Central.

    Re: Ukraine's Arms Εxports

    Post  KoTeMoRe on Sat Nov 19, 2016 9:17 pm

    KiloGolf wrote:
    KoTeMoRe wrote:

    It's not "completely" new, its a frangible EFP counter-action ERA. Kaktus for instance was thought as the same idea as Duplet and Czech/Slovak multilayered Era. The difference is that KDMB thought the best defence vs APFSDS would be using mini EFP's.

    It's probably the best system of the old Era, 100% contact reactive.

    I see what they've done. No more plate-shapped stuff, just different spec'ed little EFPs.



    Smart.
    What's Russia's response to this?

    In what sense? Offensively? Bigger firepower. Defensively? APS and Kaktus/Relict are completely sufficient to cope with anything that could be thrown at them as of now (bar OTT weapons like taking a Shrike/Maverick/JDAM etc) Hellfire is already (in my opinion) bordering obsolete if the Afganit and Trophy 3Ddo deliver on their "iron dome" promises.
    avatar
    KiloGolf

    Posts : 1833
    Points : 1861
    Join date : 2015-09-01
    Location : Macedonia, Hellas

    Re: Ukraine's Arms Εxports

    Post  KiloGolf on Sat Nov 19, 2016 9:24 pm

    KoTeMoRe wrote:
    KiloGolf wrote:
    KoTeMoRe wrote:

    It's not "completely" new, its a frangible EFP counter-action ERA. Kaktus for instance was thought as the same idea as Duplet and Czech/Slovak multilayered Era. The difference is that KDMB thought the best defence vs APFSDS would be using mini EFP's.

    It's probably the best system of the old Era, 100% contact reactive.

    I see what they've done. No more plate-shapped stuff, just different spec'ed little EFPs.



    Smart.
    What's Russia's response to this?

    In what sense? Offensively? Bigger firepower. Defensively? APS and Kaktus/Relict are completely sufficient to cope with anything that could be thrown at them as of now (bar OTT weapons like taking a Shrike/Maverick/JDAM etc) Hellfire is already (in my opinion) bordering obsolete if the Afganit and Trophy 3Ddo deliver on their "iron dome" promises.

    Aren't they a generation behind if their ERA tiles are still plate-shaped and not utilize mini EFPs? Which is my understanding of Relict. I have no idea about Kaktus or what Armata is meant to field.
    avatar
    KoTeMoRe

    Posts : 3905
    Points : 3936
    Join date : 2015-04-21
    Location : Krankhaus Central.

    Re: Ukraine's Arms Εxports

    Post  KoTeMoRe on Sat Nov 19, 2016 9:56 pm

    KiloGolf wrote:
    KoTeMoRe wrote:
    KiloGolf wrote:
    KoTeMoRe wrote:

    It's not "completely" new, its a frangible EFP counter-action ERA. Kaktus for instance was thought as the same idea as Duplet and Czech/Slovak multilayered Era. The difference is that KDMB thought the best defence vs APFSDS would be using mini EFP's.

    It's probably the best system of the old Era, 100% contact reactive.

    I see what they've done. No more plate-shapped stuff, just different spec'ed little EFPs.



    Smart.
    What's Russia's response to this?

    In what sense? Offensively? Bigger firepower. Defensively? APS and Kaktus/Relict are completely sufficient to cope with anything that could be thrown at them as of now (bar OTT weapons like taking a Shrike/Maverick/JDAM etc) Hellfire is already (in my opinion) bordering obsolete if the Afganit and Trophy 3Ddo deliver on their "iron dome" promises.

    Aren't they a generation behind if their ERA tiles are still plate-shaped and not utilize mini EFPs? Which is my understanding of Relict. I have no idea about Kaktus or what Armata is meant to field.

    For that to be true the concept behind Nozh should be substantially better than Relict. The concept of mini-EFP to break sabot penetrators is interesting, but in many aspects not that different from the multilayered vision of the Relikt system. Dyna variants used on Slovak layout already shown the peel over angle. As I said, IMO its a good idea, only not exactly tested and still risky with higher velocity compounded rounds or biggr calibre (cue 140mm guns and Russian 152mm answer). With that in mind the system is a bit of oldschool ERA pushed at its maximum.
    avatar
    KiloGolf

    Posts : 1833
    Points : 1861
    Join date : 2015-09-01
    Location : Macedonia, Hellas

    Re: Ukraine's Arms Εxports

    Post  KiloGolf on Sat Nov 19, 2016 10:14 pm

    KoTeMoRe wrote:For that to be true the concept behind Nozh should be substantially better than Relict. The concept of mini-EFP to break sabot penetrators is interesting, but in many aspects not that different from the multilayered vision of the Relikt system. Dyna variants used on Slovak layout already shown the peel over angle. As I said, IMO its a good idea, only not exactly tested and still risky with higher velocity compounded rounds or biggr calibre (cue 140mm guns and Russian 152mm answer). With that in mind the system is a bit of oldschool ERA pushed at its maximum.

    What about scaling up the EFPs? Make em bigger, chunkier. That could compensate bigger calibers.

    Sponsored content

    Re: Ukraine's Arms Εxports

    Post  Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Thu Aug 17, 2017 1:30 pm