Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues


    Tu-160 and Tu-95MS ( Blackjack and Bears )

    GunshipDemocracy
    GunshipDemocracy

    Posts : 4913
    Points : 4943
    Join date : 2015-05-17
    Age : 77
    Location : fishin on Stalin´s Strait between Mexico and Canada

    Tu-160 and Tu-95MS ( Blackjack and Bears ) - Page 31 Empty Re: Tu-160 and Tu-95MS ( Blackjack and Bears )

    Post  GunshipDemocracy on Thu Dec 13, 2018 12:43 am

    Russian Tu-160 ten hours spent in the sky over the Caribbean Sea


    Venezuelan Su-30 and F-16 fighters accompanied them at certain stages.
    https://tass.ru/armiya-i-opk/5906175

    Hole wrote:Would be nice to see a cruise missile test.

    when having joint Cuban-Venezuelan-Russian exercises - free arctic penguins lol1 lol1 lol1
    Tsavo Lion
    Tsavo Lion

    Posts : 2729
    Points : 2727
    Join date : 2016-08-15
    Location : AZ, USA

    Tu-160 and Tu-95MS ( Blackjack and Bears ) - Page 31 Empty Re: Tu-160 and Tu-95MS ( Blackjack and Bears )

    Post  Tsavo Lion on Thu Dec 13, 2018 7:27 am

    Russia will deploy a military base in the Caribbean
    http://www.ng.ru/politics/2018-12-11/1_7460_cariby.html?print=Y
    Hole
    Hole

    Posts : 2237
    Points : 2235
    Join date : 2018-03-24
    Age : 43
    Location : Merkelland

    Tu-160 and Tu-95MS ( Blackjack and Bears ) - Page 31 Empty Re: Tu-160 and Tu-95MS ( Blackjack and Bears )

    Post  Hole on Thu Dec 13, 2018 10:51 am

    https://tvzvezda.ru/news/forces/content/201812130350-4vkj.htm

    Cockpit Video.
    avatar
    hoom

    Posts : 1967
    Points : 1957
    Join date : 2016-05-06

    Tu-160 and Tu-95MS ( Blackjack and Bears ) - Page 31 Empty Re: Tu-160 and Tu-95MS ( Blackjack and Bears )

    Post  hoom on Fri Dec 14, 2018 5:44 am

    Spectacular as they are Russia really needs to rein back on these excessively close shots of takeoff/landings (2:01) before someone gets killed &/or causes a crash.

    I mean there is something over 4m clearance under the wing but she's darts out actually underneath the wingtip there.
    GarryB
    GarryB

    Posts : 21715
    Points : 22261
    Join date : 2010-03-30
    Location : New Zealand

    Tu-160 and Tu-95MS ( Blackjack and Bears ) - Page 31 Empty Re: Tu-160 and Tu-95MS ( Blackjack and Bears )

    Post  GarryB on Fri Dec 14, 2018 6:32 am

    She is not really heavy enough to do much damage.... a bit of blood on the wingtip... I doubt she would even scratch it...

    And from her perspective it is not really worth it... I mean the Blackjack already has its first kill with cruise missiles in Syria, so her death would not really be significant...

    Bit of a crosswind and she could easily have become part of the aircrafts paintwork.... ignorance is bliss... is it not?

    After flying 10,000km I am sure the pilot will be crisp and ready and react instantly to avoid her of course...

    But of course pompeo is an arse... the job of the Blackjack is to fly long distances to the other side of the planet to attack targets in the Americas... it is the opposite of a waste of money... it is money well spent that is totally relevant to the primary mission of the aircraft...
    avatar
    Ivanov673

    Posts : 19
    Points : 27
    Join date : 2018-06-13

    Tu-160 and Tu-95MS ( Blackjack and Bears ) - Page 31 Empty Flight of the Tu-160 Bombers Blackjacks aviation aircraft of the Russian Air Force to Venezuela

    Post  Ivanov673 on Fri Dec 14, 2018 11:41 am

    Full video:

    George1
    George1

    Posts : 13566
    Points : 14059
    Join date : 2011-12-22
    Location : Greece

    Tu-160 and Tu-95MS ( Blackjack and Bears ) - Page 31 Empty Re: Tu-160 and Tu-95MS ( Blackjack and Bears )

    Post  George1 on Fri Dec 14, 2018 1:31 pm

    GarryB
    GarryB

    Posts : 21715
    Points : 22261
    Join date : 2010-03-30
    Location : New Zealand

    Tu-160 and Tu-95MS ( Blackjack and Bears ) - Page 31 Empty Re: Tu-160 and Tu-95MS ( Blackjack and Bears )

    Post  GarryB on Sun Dec 16, 2018 1:34 am

    Some very nice videos of Blackjacks inside and out.

    Interesting that this blackjack seems to be not an upgraded model, which I would assume had replaced the dial instruments with multifunction displays by now.

    On the outside, the afterburner flame is white, which is interesting because the very similar engines in the Backfire are blue... similar size, similar weight, similar thrust, similar performance, but different colour AB flame...

    That footage of the Blackjack taking off was impressive... those AB flames were enormous...
    George1
    George1

    Posts : 13566
    Points : 14059
    Join date : 2011-12-22
    Location : Greece

    Tu-160 and Tu-95MS ( Blackjack and Bears ) - Page 31 Empty Re: Tu-160 and Tu-95MS ( Blackjack and Bears )

    Post  George1 on Tue Dec 18, 2018 10:57 pm

    Russian strategic Tu-160 bomber test-fires 12 missiles


    The strategic Tu-160 missile-carrying bomber test-fired 12 Kh-101 missiles at the Pemboi practice range in November

    MOSCOW, December 18. /TASS/. The strategic Tu-160 missile-carrying bomber test-fired 12 Kh-101 missiles at the Pemboi practice range in November, Defense Minister Sergei Shoigu said at the ministry’s year-end board meeting attended by President Vladimir Putin on Tuesday.

    "In November, the strategic Tu-160 missile-carrying bomber that underwent modernization successfully test-fired 12 Kh-101 airborne cruise missiles at the Pemboi range located beyond the Polar Circle," the defense minister said.

    The bomber made the salvo launch of missiles on the instruction of the Russian president, Shoigu said.

    The Russian Armed Forces are building up their strike potential to counter the deployment of the US global missile shield, Russia’s defense chief said.


    More:
    http://tass.com/defense/1036626
    Tsavo Lion
    Tsavo Lion

    Posts : 2729
    Points : 2727
    Join date : 2016-08-15
    Location : AZ, USA

    Tu-160 and Tu-95MS ( Blackjack and Bears ) - Page 31 Empty Re: Tu-160 and Tu-95MS ( Blackjack and Bears )

    Post  Tsavo Lion on Wed Dec 19, 2018 6:22 am

    Satellite photos reveal Russian bombers in Venezuela
    Tu-160 and Tu-95MS ( Blackjack and Bears ) - Page 31 SR2UYGVNOVCAFDVNKSIBOVGGNY
    They r gone now. It was a reminder that although the US has super carriers, Russia has super bombers & super cargo planes.
    President Maduro will be a 2nd Assad for Russia if Venezuela is attacked.
    Isos
    Isos

    Posts : 3744
    Points : 3732
    Join date : 2015-11-06

    Tu-160 and Tu-95MS ( Blackjack and Bears ) - Page 31 Empty Re: Tu-160 and Tu-95MS ( Blackjack and Bears )

    Post  Isos on Wed Dec 19, 2018 11:04 am

    Babak Taghvaee
    @BabakTaghvaee
    ·
    10m
    This is airfield of La Orchila island of #Venezuela where #Russia is going to establish an air base something equivalent to #USAF's Anderson AFB at #Guam. This air base will be used for temporary deployment of Tu-160 nuclear bombers + Il-78M, A-50U & a Su-30SM Fighter Squadron

    https://mobile.twitter.com/BabakTaghvaee/status/1075327693414129664


    So they are going to have an airvase in Venezuela. Where is the russian air force News thread to post news like that ? Mods can you create one ?
    avatar
    hoom

    Posts : 1967
    Points : 1957
    Join date : 2016-05-06

    Tu-160 and Tu-95MS ( Blackjack and Bears ) - Page 31 Empty Re: Tu-160 and Tu-95MS ( Blackjack and Bears )

    Post  hoom on Wed Dec 19, 2018 3:12 pm

    And queue US media hyper-BS mode screaming 'new Cuba Missile crisis' in 3, 2...
    magnumcromagnon
    magnumcromagnon

    Posts : 5151
    Points : 5304
    Join date : 2013-12-05
    Location : Pindos ave., Pindosville, Pindosylvania, Pindostan

    Tu-160 and Tu-95MS ( Blackjack and Bears ) - Page 31 Empty Re: Tu-160 and Tu-95MS ( Blackjack and Bears )

    Post  magnumcromagnon on Wed Dec 19, 2018 3:25 pm

    hoom wrote:And queue US media hyper-BS mode screaming 'new Cuba Missile crisis' in 3, 2...

    "IT'S CUBAN MISSILES!!!!!!!!!!1111!!!!!!" Except Venezuela is like 2000km's away... lol1
    PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

    Posts : 8234
    Points : 8318
    Join date : 2015-04-26
    Location : Fort Evil, Serbia

    Tu-160 and Tu-95MS ( Blackjack and Bears ) - Page 31 Empty Re: Tu-160 and Tu-95MS ( Blackjack and Bears )

    Post  PapaDragon on Wed Dec 19, 2018 5:02 pm

    hoom wrote:And queue US media hyper-BS mode screaming 'new Cuba Missile crisis' in 3, 2...

    They are

    Thing is nobody cares

    Twitter generation doesn't even know what Cuban Missile Crisis was
    miketheterrible
    miketheterrible

    Posts : 3771
    Points : 3751
    Join date : 2016-11-06

    Tu-160 and Tu-95MS ( Blackjack and Bears ) - Page 31 Empty Re: Tu-160 and Tu-95MS ( Blackjack and Bears )

    Post  miketheterrible on Wed Dec 19, 2018 5:17 pm

    PapaDragon wrote:
    hoom wrote:And queue US media hyper-BS mode screaming 'new Cuba Missile crisis' in 3, 2...

    They are

    Thing is nobody cares

    Twitter generation doesn't even know what Cuban Missile Crisis was

    Nor do they know the location of Venezuela either.
    Tsavo Lion
    Tsavo Lion

    Posts : 2729
    Points : 2727
    Join date : 2016-08-15
    Location : AZ, USA

    Tu-160 and Tu-95MS ( Blackjack and Bears ) - Page 31 Empty Re: Tu-160 and Tu-95MS ( Blackjack and Bears )

    Post  Tsavo Lion on Wed Dec 19, 2018 6:31 pm

    In a crisis, they'll deploy there to protect Venezuela from Colombia & Brazil which r supported by the US. The Dutch owned Aruba & US owned Puerto Rico r right off the coast as well!
    For this reason, I won't be surprised if S-300/-400s r sent there too.
    Big_Gazza
    Big_Gazza

    Posts : 1585
    Points : 1587
    Join date : 2014-08-25
    Location : Melbourne, Australia

    Tu-160 and Tu-95MS ( Blackjack and Bears ) - Page 31 Empty Re: Tu-160 and Tu-95MS ( Blackjack and Bears )

    Post  Big_Gazza on Wed Dec 19, 2018 11:16 pm

    miketheterrible wrote:Nor do they know the location of Venezuela either.

    Most Muricans probably think its in Africa...
    Tsavo Lion
    Tsavo Lion

    Posts : 2729
    Points : 2727
    Join date : 2016-08-15
    Location : AZ, USA

    Tu-160 and Tu-95MS ( Blackjack and Bears ) - Page 31 Empty Re: Tu-160 and Tu-95MS ( Blackjack and Bears )

    Post  Tsavo Lion on Wed Dec 19, 2018 11:19 pm

    In their stupor & "the pursuit of happiness", they don't even care!
    Hole
    Hole

    Posts : 2237
    Points : 2235
    Join date : 2018-03-24
    Age : 43
    Location : Merkelland

    Tu-160 and Tu-95MS ( Blackjack and Bears ) - Page 31 Empty Re: Tu-160 and Tu-95MS ( Blackjack and Bears )

    Post  Hole on Thu Dec 20, 2018 11:41 am

    Pursuit of happiness = opium in all its forms.

    How many deads this year? 60.000?
    dino00
    dino00

    Posts : 994
    Points : 1035
    Join date : 2012-10-12
    Age : 31
    Location : portugal

    Tu-160 and Tu-95MS ( Blackjack and Bears ) - Page 31 Empty Re: Tu-160 and Tu-95MS ( Blackjack and Bears )

    Post  dino00 on Thu Dec 20, 2018 11:50 am

    Kazan Aviation Plant began production of the first upgraded Tu-160

    KAZAN, Dec 20 - RIA News . Kazan Aviation Plant. S.P. Gorbunova began manufacturing the first samples of the modernized Tu-160 new construction, Russian Deputy Minister of Defense Alexey Krivoruchko said on Thursday during a visit to the company.
    "Now the first samples are being manufactured, it has begun. Certainly, mass production will be in the near future. We will wait for the first flight, the development work, further a decision will be made on serial deliveries," Krivoruchko told reporters production of Tu-160.

    The deputy minister stressed that all work is on time. "Work is underway, there is a schedule, deadlines are being kept. There are no concerns today," said the deputy head of the military department.
    Also, when visiting the aircraft factory, the deputy minister inspected the reconstruction of production assets. “We looked at the enterprise, we are pleased with the result. The federal target program for the reconstruction and renovation of funds is also being implemented,” Krivoruchko said.
    According to him, KAZ them. Gorbunova is now "a stably operating enterprise with a long-term order." The Deputy Minister familiarized himself with the progress of the repair work with the modernization of the Tu-22M3 and the Tu-160 strategic missile carriers at the enterprise.

    https://ria.ru/20181220/1548320053.html
    George1
    George1

    Posts : 13566
    Points : 14059
    Join date : 2011-12-22
    Location : Greece

    Tu-160 and Tu-95MS ( Blackjack and Bears ) - Page 31 Empty Re: Tu-160 and Tu-95MS ( Blackjack and Bears )

    Post  George1 on Thu Dec 20, 2018 6:03 pm

    dino00 wrote:Kazan Aviation Plant began production of the first upgraded Tu-160

    KAZAN, Dec 20 - RIA News . Kazan Aviation Plant. S.P. Gorbunova began manufacturing the first samples of the modernized Tu-160 new construction, Russian Deputy Minister of Defense Alexey Krivoruchko said on Thursday during a visit to the company.
    "Now the first samples are being manufactured, it has begun. Certainly, mass production will be in the near future. We will wait for the first flight, the development work, further a decision will be made on serial deliveries," Krivoruchko told reporters production of Tu-160.

    The deputy minister stressed that all work is on time. "Work is underway, there is a schedule, deadlines are being kept. There are no concerns today," said the deputy head of the military department.
    Also, when visiting the aircraft factory, the deputy minister inspected the reconstruction of production assets. “We looked at the enterprise, we are pleased with the result. The federal target program for the reconstruction and renovation of funds is also being implemented,” Krivoruchko said.
    According to him, KAZ them. Gorbunova is now "a stably operating enterprise with a long-term order." The Deputy Minister familiarized himself with the progress of the repair work with the modernization of the Tu-22M3 and the Tu-160 strategic missile carriers at the enterprise.

    https://ria.ru/20181220/1548320053.html

    so this will be a new aircraft not an existed modernized one?
    dino00
    dino00

    Posts : 994
    Points : 1035
    Join date : 2012-10-12
    Age : 31
    Location : portugal

    Tu-160 and Tu-95MS ( Blackjack and Bears ) - Page 31 Empty Re: Tu-160 and Tu-95MS ( Blackjack and Bears )

    Post  dino00 on Thu Dec 20, 2018 8:20 pm

    George1 wrote:
    dino00 wrote:Kazan Aviation Plant began production of the first upgraded Tu-160

    KAZAN, Dec 20 - RIA News . Kazan Aviation Plant. S.P. Gorbunova began manufacturing the first samples of the modernized Tu-160 new construction, Russian Deputy Minister of Defense Alexey Krivoruchko said on Thursday during a visit to the company.
    "Now the first samples are being manufactured, it has begun. Certainly, mass production will be in the near future. We will wait for the first flight, the development work, further a decision will be made on serial deliveries," Krivoruchko told reporters production of Tu-160.

    The deputy minister stressed that all work is on time. "Work is underway, there is a schedule, deadlines are being kept. There are no concerns today," said the deputy head of the military department.
    Also, when visiting the aircraft factory, the deputy minister inspected the reconstruction of production assets. “We looked at the enterprise, we are pleased with the result. The federal target program for the reconstruction and renovation of funds is also being implemented,” Krivoruchko said.
    According to him, KAZ them. Gorbunova is now "a stably operating enterprise with a long-term order." The Deputy Minister familiarized himself with the progress of the repair work with the modernization of the Tu-22M3 and the Tu-160 strategic missile carriers at the enterprise.

    https://ria.ru/20181220/1548320053.html

    so this will be a new aircraft not an existed modernized one?

    I think so.
    franco
    franco

    Posts : 3214
    Points : 3246
    Join date : 2010-08-18

    Tu-160 and Tu-95MS ( Blackjack and Bears ) - Page 31 Empty Re: Tu-160 and Tu-95MS ( Blackjack and Bears )

    Post  franco on Thu Dec 20, 2018 10:32 pm

    George1 wrote:
    dino00 wrote:Kazan Aviation Plant began production of the first upgraded Tu-160

    KAZAN, Dec 20 - RIA News . Kazan Aviation Plant. S.P. Gorbunova began manufacturing the first samples of the modernized Tu-160 new construction, Russian Deputy Minister of Defense Alexey Krivoruchko said on Thursday during a visit to the company.
    "Now the first samples are being manufactured, it has begun. Certainly, mass production will be in the near future. We will wait for the first flight, the development work, further a decision will be made on serial deliveries," Krivoruchko told reporters production of Tu-160.

    The deputy minister stressed that all work is on time. "Work is underway, there is a schedule, deadlines are being kept. There are no concerns today," said the deputy head of the military department.
    Also, when visiting the aircraft factory, the deputy minister inspected the reconstruction of production assets. “We looked at the enterprise, we are pleased with the result. The federal target program for the reconstruction and renovation of funds is also being implemented,” Krivoruchko said.
    According to him, KAZ them. Gorbunova is now "a stably operating enterprise with a long-term order." The Deputy Minister familiarized himself with the progress of the repair work with the modernization of the Tu-22M3 and the Tu-160 strategic missile carriers at the enterprise.

    https://ria.ru/20181220/1548320053.html

    so this will be a new aircraft not an existed modernized one?

    There may be one more frame left from previous construction... debated.
    GarryB
    GarryB

    Posts : 21715
    Points : 22261
    Join date : 2010-03-30
    Location : New Zealand

    Tu-160 and Tu-95MS ( Blackjack and Bears ) - Page 31 Empty Re: Tu-160 and Tu-95MS ( Blackjack and Bears )

    Post  GarryB on Fri Dec 21, 2018 11:43 am

    It is so confusing... they have been talking about upgrades and new builds for over a decade... more of the former before that... yet the cockpit in the video of the aircraft that visited Venezuela was conventional dials and not at all what I would expect for an upgraded new Tu-160M2...
    Isos
    Isos

    Posts : 3744
    Points : 3732
    Join date : 2015-11-06

    Tu-160 and Tu-95MS ( Blackjack and Bears ) - Page 31 Empty Re: Tu-160 and Tu-95MS ( Blackjack and Bears )

    Post  Isos on Fri Dec 21, 2018 11:50 am

    GarryB wrote:It is so confusing... they have been talking about upgrades and new builds for over a decade... more of the former before that... yet the cockpit in the video of the aircraft that visited Venezuela was conventional dials and not at all what I would expect for an upgraded new Tu-160M2...

    Who cares about cockpits. Those things only need to be able to launch cruise missiles from 2000km away. They proved to be able to go at the other side of the earth without any modernization.

    They will never be used as conventional bombers anyway in a real war or when tensions are high but rather kept in middle of russia waiting with their kh-101.


    Sponsored content

    Tu-160 and Tu-95MS ( Blackjack and Bears ) - Page 31 Empty Re: Tu-160 and Tu-95MS ( Blackjack and Bears )

    Post  Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Sun Sep 15, 2019 11:08 pm