Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

Tu-160 and Tu-95MS ( Blackjack and Bears )

Singular_Transform

Re: Tu-160 and Tu-95MS ( Blackjack and Bears )

Post  Singular_Transform on Sun Nov 12, 2017 9:44 pm

Militarov wrote:

I do not live in the EU, that to start with Smile

Second, i just commented on their cute schedules. How comes they always bring silly schedules and then prolong them for decade on average, whats the point. Stfu and just say, we are working on it, it will be done, report if you are pleased on completion phases during the work and thats it. But no... IN 2019. IT WILL... no it wont, over and over, it wont.

"PAK-FA enters service in 2015."... yea..cute... "Admiral Nakhimov overhaul ends in 2018..."...right... "Ivan Gren...." you got me i hope.

Who is coming up with these dates, someone with Down syndrome? Engine production restart will take long, then they will have issues with modernisations, then they will produce same NK-32 variant for start... same as it was with Izd-30.

I am not "troll", i am just saying what everyone thinks, thats the difference.

It is completely normal, just see what happened with the US nuclear manufacturing lines after two decade of shutdown.

They wanted to make just same fogbank ,and it is only a small part of a nuke, and faced with extreme expense and years later delivery than it was expected.

GarryB

Post  GarryB on Mon Nov 13, 2017 5:05 am

learn to take a joke Garry.

This is not the humour section.

Such butt hurt whining constitutes trolling, not humour.

And given the circumstances in Russian defense projects, there's plenty of subject matter.

There is a saying here... "Those that can do, those that can't teach... or criticise".

There are plenty of problems within any organisation, and plenty more beyond their control.

Your repeated whining does nothing to solve any of those problems, and your ignorance regarding the issues just makes you look stupid.

So what the Ivan Gren took a long time to get into service. For a long time they didn't even need it because they had paid for Mistrals. They have completed them anyway because a modern ship is more use than the value the scrap would bring, and laying down a new ship would have been no quicker.

In this particular case the Soviet Union spent a fortune on the enormous forge on Ukrainian territory used to make the central box structure of the Blackjack entirely from Titanium. They have clearly rebuilt an equivalent forge in Russia to do the same thing in record time but you still whine because you think there will be delays.

You sound like a whining prick.

I do not live in the EU, that to start with

Check the wind direction... you will be assimilated soon enough... their values will become your values....

Second, i just commented on their cute schedules. How comes they always bring silly schedules and then prolong them for decade on average, whats the point. Stfu and just say, we are working on it, it will be done, report if you are pleased on completion phases during the work and thats it. But no... IN 2019. IT WILL... no it wont, over and over, it wont.

Their schedules are calculated based on available information. Ukraine being assholes and cutting off supply of engines, problems in development of brand new multifunction naval systems that all have to work together, and the French being assholes and not delivering goods paid for could not possibly be included in the original schedule. And that does not even allow for sabotage from the west like oil price crashes and sanctions.

Perhaps they should pad 10 years into every schedule to allow for the evil influence of the west and other shit they just can't predict... and then you will be complaining that their schedules are not accurate if nothing goes wrong.

"PAK-FA enters service in 2015."... yea..cute... "Admiral Nakhimov overhaul ends in 2018..."...right... "Ivan Gren...." you got me i hope.

They had some structural issues with the PAK FA that clearly needed a redesign, the Admiral Nakimovs schedule changed with the Syrian conflict, and Ivan Gren was a fuckup caused by Frogs being pricks.

Engine production restart will take long, then they will have issues with modernisations, then they will produce same NK-32 variant for start... same as it was with Izd-30.

They have already started upgrades of the NK-32 engine because it is the basis of the PD-35 for new transport aircraft and the PAK DA.

I am not "troll", i am just saying what everyone thinks, thats the difference.

No, you are not an ass trying to get a rise, you are the voice of the thinking people... right.

I just wanted to ask people's opinion on the rear mounted gun on the Tu-95 is worth having it now? Only use I can see is if it came across another enemy bomber which is highly unlikely. I thought maybe best just to remove it to save weight and it removes 23mm ammo sitting at rear of aircraft.

Already replied on the Tu-22M3 thread, but would add here that these guns are not for use against enemy bombers... the Bear and Backfire would never come close to western bombers.

Chaff and flare and jammer rounds makes them interesting options and their high rate of fire would give them a small chance against incoming missiles, but not enough to make them worth putting on brand new aircraft.

I doubt they would remove them from existing types... the guns themselves are compact and light and what would you replace that weight with anyway?

On new aircraft they will likely be replaced with small interceptor missiles for self defence from missiles and aircraft.

It is completely normal, just see what happened with the US nuclear manufacturing lines after two decade of shutdown.

No, you can't compare like that... it is not fair.

America is perfect and does not make mistakes or have problems... especially when a supplier does not supply something they need.

For example if Russia decided to stop supplying rocket motors even though the US has the complete design blueprints and examples of the engine they have said it would take 10 years to reverse engineer the same engine let alone come up with an improved design, but Russians can't wield and they can't manage programmes and it is all Putins fault.... he spends so much on hackers there is no money left for getting things done on time.

“The West won the world not by the superiority of its ideas or values or religion […] but rather by its superiority in applying organized violence. Westerners often forget this fact; non-Westerners never do.”

― Samuel P. Huntington, The Clash of Civilizations and the Remaking of World Order
    d_taddei2

Post  d_taddei2 on Mon Nov 13, 2017 5:51 am

GarryB wrote:

I just wanted to ask people's opinion on the rear mounted gun on the Tu-95 is worth having it now? Only use I can see is if it came across another enemy bomber which is highly unlikely.  I thought maybe best just to remove it to save weight and it removes 23mm ammo sitting at rear of aircraft.

Already replied on the Tu-22M3 thread, but would add here that these guns are not for use against enemy bombers... the Bear and Backfire would never come close to western bombers.

Chaff and flare and jammer rounds makes them interesting options and their high rate of fire would give them a small chance against incoming missiles, but not enough to make them worth putting on brand new aircraft.

I doubt they would remove them from existing types... the guns themselves are compact and light and what would you replace that weight with anyway?

On new aircraft they will likely be replaced with small interceptor missiles for self defence from missiles and aircraft.

I wouldn't replace the weight with anything it would just be so some weight even though it's small. I agree they would never be removed on Tu-95 now. Also because both aircraft are in separate threads I had to post it like this.
    eehnie

Post  eehnie on Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:09 am

GarryB wrote:
    I do not live in the EU, that to start with

Check the wind direction... you will be assimilated soon enough... their values will become your values....

I live in the EU, and the values of Militarov are not the values of the EU. Are more like the values of "wannabe best US friend".

wilhelm

Post  wilhelm Yesterday at 12:53 pm

Too much idle chit chat here.
    The roll out of the Tu-160M, or partial M i guess, in Kazan, prototype for the new production, apparently from one of the last unfinished airframes previously built 25 years ago. Slated to fly in February of 2018.

Article below.
    https://kazanfirst.ru/articles/452526

Last edited by wilhelm on Thu Nov 16, 2017 1:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
    TheArmenian

Post  TheArmenian Yesterday at 1:05 pm

A truly UUUURRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA moment

They tried to kill the white swan

Now the Phoenix has risen from the ashes.

A better resolution video:
    PapaDragon

Post  PapaDragon Yesterday at 7:42 pm

I know they started with partially built airframe but this is still not a bad time at all. They said that one of the objectives was for new guy to learn how to build these planes becasue old ones are mostly retired by now. Not bad.

GunshipDemocracy

Location : fishin on Stalin´s Strait between Mexico and Canada

Post  GunshipDemocracy Yesterday at 9:41 pm

KiloGolf wrote: Easy there, Note the word, "planned".
    It's a Russian military project, I'd expect some kind of delay. With creative excuses of course. lol1

so where is KG is you need him ? Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
    Cyberspec

Post  Cyberspec Yesterday at 10:16 pm

the plane isn't even painted yet....way too slow tongue
    Tsavo Lion

Post  Tsavo Lion Today at 12:42 am

Perhaps once M2s start getting inducted, some of the older TU-160s will be transferred to the Naval Aviation to replace/augment TU-22/95/142s. Interesting details:
    http://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zone/16175/russia-rolls-out-new-tu-160m2-but-are-moscows-bomber-ambitions-realistic 

Last edited by Tsavo Lion on Fri Nov 17, 2017 6:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Arctic_Fox

Post  Arctic_Fox Today at 4:29 am

This means that they gave up on PAK DA?
    PapaDragon

Post  PapaDragon Today at 5:38 am

Arctic_Fox wrote:This means that they gave up on PAK DA?

No just pushed back for later

They still need replacement for Tu-22 that won't cost as much as Tu-160
    KiloGolf

Post  KiloGolf Today at 6:20 pm

GunshipDemocracy wrote:
    KiloGolf wrote: Easy there, Note the word, "planned".
    It's a Russian military project, I'd expect some kind of delay. With creative excuses of course. lol1

so where is  KG is you need him ? Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

front row with my popcorn, like old times with Ivan Gren class and Yasen class launch. Twisted Evil

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Nov 17, 2017 6:29 pm