Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+43
collegeboy16
Rmf
AbsoluteZero
Honesroc
Kyo
GarryB
TR1
kvs
sepheronx
Mike E
TheArmenian
George1
medo
Mindstorm
Morpheus Eberhardt
AlfaT8
Hannibal Barca
Werewolf
Austin
mutantsushi
xeno
magnumcromagnon
macedonian
mack8
ali.a.r
NationalRus
Cyberspec
Sujoy
Viktor
gaurav
Firebird
a89
flamming_python
KomissarBojanchev
Stealthflanker
SOC
Rpg type 7v
dimtra
Andy_Wiz
KRON1
Turk1
Vladislav
Admin
47 posters

Russian Civil Aviation: News

TR1
    TR1

Russian Civil Aviation: News - Page 36 Empty Re: Russian Civil Aviation: News

Post  TR1 Fri Jan 30, 2015 1:39 am

kvs wrote:
    Rmf wrote:1000/20yrs, thats 50 per year, do they have production facilities and qualified staff for production of 4-5 planes per month?

Obviously they do.   In fact they have capacity to produce over 100 per year.

They have right now, the capacity to make 100 MC-21 per year?

Rofl.
    kvs
    kvs

Post  kvs Fri Jan 30, 2015 3:29 am

Can the moderators shut this retarded troll up, please.

http://www.aex.ru/news/2015/1/29/129748/

UAC will increase production by 20% from 2014 to 2015. The production of aircraft will
    increase from 161 to 193. For the troll-tards, this means that there are no production
    bottlenecks in Russia for both civilian and military aircraft. As the demand increases,
    the production increases and there is no shortage.

For TR1, the math illiterate, a 7% annual growth rate translates into a doubling every 10 years.
    TR1
    TR1

Post  TR1 Fri Jan 30, 2015 4:22 am

So, to summarize, no, they do not have the capability to produce even 100 SSJ yearly, let alone MS-21 and will not have that capability for many years.

lol @ no production bottlenecks. They missed SSJ production goals repeatedly.
    2014 they planned to make 40 or more Superjets. Was that number met? No, they only flew 34.
    Werewolf
    Werewolf

Post  Werewolf Fri Jan 30, 2015 4:37 am

TR1 wrote:So, to summarize, no, they do not have the capability to produce even 100 SSJ yearly, let alone MS-21 and will not have that capability for many years.

2014 they planned to make 40 or more Superjets. Was that number met? No, they only flew 34.

Do you always ignore sources and information linked or are your believed numbers superior in any instance?
    TR1
    TR1

Post  TR1 Fri Jan 30, 2015 4:38 am

Werewolf wrote:
    TR1 wrote:So, to summarize, no, they do not have the capability to produce even 100 SSJ yearly, let alone MS-21 and will not have that capability for many years.

Do you always ignore sources and information linked or are your believed numbers superior in any instance?

I just listed facts. You can feel free to prove me wrong.

Werewolf
    Werewolf

Post  Werewolf Fri Jan 30, 2015 4:40 am

TR1 wrote:
    Werewolf wrote:

No thanks, last time i proved you wrong you started a 7 page bitching contest, calling Fofanovs numbers major bullshit and ignored everything of context, not going to jerk around with your superiority complex this time, wouldn't change anything anyway.
    TR1
    TR1

Post  TR1 Fri Jan 30, 2015 4:43 am

Wow, you just coped out hard.

No bitchfest needed, just show me something that indicates Russia can make 100 MS-21 this year, or next year, or even the year after. Or after.

I mean, surely you can tell why that notion is asenine?

Do you even understand how aircraft production works? Where the MS-21 is goign to be made? How many birds and at what pace Russia makes them today?

TR1
    TR1

Post  TR1 Fri Jan 30, 2015 4:48 am

Werewolf wrote:
    TR1 wrote:
    Werewolf wrote:

No thanks, last time i proved you wrong you started a 7 page bitching contest, calling Fofanovs numbers major bullshit and ignored everything of context, not going to jerk around with your superiority complex this time, wouldn't change anything anyway.

Also, nice way to admit you were laughably wrong. It's ok. It will hurt less with time.
    sepheronx
    sepheronx

Post  sepheronx Fri Jan 30, 2015 5:01 am

In the Sverdlovsk region opened an innovative Aviation Technology Center
    January 28 in the Sverdlovsk region opened an innovative aviation-technical center "Ural Airlines", which would allow for maintenance of aircraft of any airline in the world. It is the third largest complex in Russia, which can perform the most complex repairs aircraft.
    Opening of the complex will provide all of the Sverdlovsk region a significant economic impact. The new center will create new jobs and provide additional revenue. Savings in maintenance and repair will allow airlines to increase park vessels and thus further increase the accessibility of the Middle Urals, its investment attractiveness.

Really, just a repair center for civil aircrafts. But you know, news is news and more work for locals.
    Russian Civil Aviation: News - Page 36 RC5T2O2
    Russian Civil Aviation: News - Page 36 C3WGdQf
    mutantsushi

Post  mutantsushi Fri Jan 30, 2015 6:38 am

Viktor wrote:Russia, China to Invest $13Bln Into New Long-Haul Airplane Project
    "...The engine, he said, could be left to an outside manufacturer since Russia has no production plans for engines of this kind..."
    Uh... Sure, why not hinge the entire program on cooperation with western engine OEM?
    TBH, I think that's disinformation/ covering up for engine plans which are not entirely nailed down yet, possibly due to question of sharing with other platforms and/or derivatives of this jet (e.g. tankers).

Is a 4 year gap between flight tests and commercial production standard for Russian/Soviet civil airliners? That seems excessive by western standards, although it can also just be "insurance" against schedule slip...
    flamming_python
    flamming_python

Post  flamming_python Fri Jan 30, 2015 1:00 pm

I swear TR1 ends up butting heads with everyone on this site Very Happy
    Austin

Post  Austin Fri Jan 30, 2015 1:20 pm

They are developing PD-30 engine for new aircraft but thats like long term goal initial engine will be a foreign one like MS-21 flying with P&W
    TheArmenian
    TheArmenian

Post  TheArmenian Fri Jan 30, 2015 1:24 pm

All companies that are engaged in sales or production make forecasts.

These forecasts are not based on past performance only.
    There are so many other factors and variables that affect a forecast.

Your method of forecasting anything on this forum (and others) is solely based on past performance with absolute or no improvement expectations in the future.

As a matter of fact, SSJ production has increased every year since production start.

It is expected to rise this year too: http://www.1prime.biz/news/transport_automobile/_Russias_UAC_to_supply_44_SSJ-100_planes_to_clients_in_2015/0/%7B818E4D37-C80D-4BE6-AB4C-1DBB191FCD2E%7D.uif

The SSJ may actually reach, exceed or fail the forecast of course. But production is expected to increase for 2015.
    Now, how about 2016 or 2017 and beyond? is 50 a year a reasonable and reachable objective in a few years?

Same applies to MC-21.
    The big debate is whether they will make 1000 units in 20 years.
    Well, they may succeed or fail. We don't know.
    But, that is what Rogozin is forecasting. And you are accusing him of talking through his arse.

A forecast is a forecast. If they end up making 999 units or 899  or 1099 units or whatever. That does not mean that he is a liar or an a-hole.

Edit: Some fresh news about SSJ

http://www.1prime.biz/news/transport_automobile/_Mexicos_Interjest_to_purchase_10_more_Russian_SSJ-100_planes/0/%7B6121776C-B838-4538-9A83-D4CE2B0DAC4F%7D.uif
    TR1
    TR1

Post  TR1 Fri Jan 30, 2015 6:57 pm

flamming_python wrote:I swear TR1 ends up butting heads with everyone on this site Very Happy

I get offended when people pull orders out of their ass (or make up projections that are hilariously wrong) and then accuse me of shitting on a project that in this very thread I defended.

I mean, how daft can you (not you, you know who I mean) be?
    TR1
    TR1

Post  TR1 Fri Jan 30, 2015 7:05 pm

[quote="TheArmenian"]
    TR1 wrote:

Your method of forecasting anything on this forum (and others) is solely based on past performance with absolute or no improvement expectations in the future.

No, my method is grounded in reality. Do I think SSJ production will ramp up? Yes, undoubtedly.
    Do I think there is a production bottleneck? Missed production numbers imply there is.
    Do I think there will be a capacity to make 100 SSJs a year? Physically, it is possible, though would take several years even if there was not an economic crisis. But given the state of orders, I also think this is impossible.

Do I think there is capacity to produce 100 MS-21 right now, or even within the next 5 years? No, absolutely not. There is not a need, there is not a capacity, there is nothing to suggest so whatsoever.

As for Rogozin, the guy has a track-record of BSing and nationalistic blustering. I can make a tome of his BS predictions, his utter lack of technical knowlege, and general uselessness. Has he predicted which airlines will buy the MC-21? Is he aware of that particular market dynamics and characteristics? Yeah right.
    Every insider rumor I have heard is that the guy is enthusiastic, but a moron. I think that sums him up well.

I've listened to many of his press-releases, his "interviews", and they are all extraordinarily useless.
    TR1
    TR1

Post  TR1 Sat Jan 31, 2015 1:52 am

http://bmpd.livejournal.com/1159520.html

Finally, the obvious comes out. Also funny considering Rogozin's babbling on the topic.

New president of UAC says making Il-114 in current form is pointless. They are looking at making a new plane with some commonality with Il-112.
    Commonality might include engines, wing, and electronics. Fuselage will come from Il-114- but will be widened, so factually be new.

Assuming they even decide to go through with it.
    TheArmenian
    TheArmenian

Post  TheArmenian Sat Jan 31, 2015 8:49 am

In my humble opinion, they should just make a civilian version of the Il-112. that would be the most cost-effective solution.

Something like the AN-24 (civilian) and AN-26 (cargo) duo.
    GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Sat Jan 31, 2015 9:50 am

No, my method is grounded in reality. Do I think SSJ production will ramp up? Yes, undoubtedly.
    Do I think there is a production bottleneck? Missed production numbers imply there is.
    Do I think there will be a capacity to make 100 SSJs a year? Physically, it is possible, though would take several years even if there was not an economic crisis. But given the state of orders, I also think this is impossible.

Hmmm, you start that sentence talking about reality... as if anyone who doesn't agree with you is a dreamer, and you end the next sentence giving your opinion.

Perhaps there would be less problems if you leave out that first sentence more often?

As for Rogozin, the guy has a track-record of BSing and nationalistic blustering. I can make a tome of his BS predictions, his utter lack of technical knowlege, and general uselessness. Has he predicted which airlines will buy the MC-21? Is he aware of that particular market dynamics and characteristics? Yeah right.
    Every insider rumor I have heard is that the guy is enthusiastic, but a moron. I think that sums him up well.

So do you think he uses a random number generator to predict the numbers he talks about?

I rather suspect he gets advice from the experts in the field... perhaps the problem is that he listens to the top end numbers and not the average or the pessimistic low end numbers if the sky falls and the world as we know it ends.

You can say that makes him full of it, but I say that just makes him a politician.
    GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Sat Jan 31, 2015 10:47 am

Actually looking at the design parameters on wiki they are both max 20-25 ton max weight aircraft with payloads of 4-6 tons with similar range and performance... I guess it would make rather more sense just to adapt the Il-112 design to whatever the Il-114 can do that the current Il-112 can't.. ie wider or taller or whatever.
    Rmf
    Rmf

Post  Rmf Sat Jan 31, 2015 8:40 pm

TR1 wrote:
    TheArmenian wrote:
    TR1 wrote:

Do I think there is capacity to produce 100 MS-21 right now, or even within the next 5 years? No, absolutely not. There is not a need, there is not a capacity, there is nothing to suggest so whatsoever.

I've listened to many of his press-releases, his "interviews", and they are all extraordinarily useless.

im sure theyll learn allot from ssj and use that in ms-21 , russia has long civilian airlines tradition...
    heres production for competitor airbus a320. so 5 per month seems quite on the low side and achieveable.
    http://www.airbus.com/presscentre/pressreleases/press-release-detail/detail/airbus-to-raise-a320-family-production-to-46-a-month-by-q2-2016/
    flamming_python
    flamming_python

Post  flamming_python Sun Feb 01, 2015 12:25 am

TR1 wrote:

What was it that Hitler's Chief of Staff wrote about subordinates? The hardworking but dumb ones.. aren't they supposed to be the most dangerous? Smile

In his current position Rogozin can't do much other than troll and chew ass. The trouble will come if he ends up moving up on the ladder.
    Austin

Post  Austin Fri Feb 06, 2015 7:18 pm

"Substitutable avionics SuperJet we can no earlier than three years"

http://www.aviaport.ru/digest/2015/02/05/325739.html
    kvs
    kvs

Post  kvs Sat Feb 07, 2015 5:50 pm

Austin wrote:"Substitutable avionics SuperJet we can no earlier than three years"

http://www.aviaport.ru/digest/2015/02/05/325739.html

This is how production of the SSJ-100 can be kept down to satisfy certain butthurt predictions in this thread. No free market
    constraints, just dirty politics by NATO to keep their market share.
    GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Sun Feb 08, 2015 1:24 am

It might slow down production early on, but in the long term it means more of the money in sales goes to Russian companies and there will be less strings involved as to who they can sell their planes to.
    Kyo
    Kyo

Post  Kyo Mon Feb 09, 2015 1:01 am

Sputniknews in Portuguese says Russia and China may compete with Boeing and Airbus. Both countries will invest 13 bn dollars in the long-range wide-body passanger airplane. First flight is planned within five years. Fuselage will be Chinese-made, while wings, rear and tail will be Russian. It will have a 280 seat capacity and range of 12 thousand km. It will be a twin-engine plane (no further info on this, but it will be most probably Russian made). Half of its structure will be composite, while 15% will be titanium and only a third (by weight) will be other materials.

http://br.sputniknews.com/mundo/20150208/92980.html

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:55 pm