Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+43
collegeboy16
Rmf
AbsoluteZero
Honesroc
Kyo
GarryB
TR1
kvs
sepheronx
Mike E
TheArmenian
George1
medo
Mindstorm
Morpheus Eberhardt
AlfaT8
Hannibal Barca
Werewolf
Austin
mutantsushi
xeno
magnumcromagnon
macedonian
mack8
ali.a.r
NationalRus
Cyberspec
Sujoy
Viktor
gaurav
Firebird
a89
flamming_python
KomissarBojanchev
Stealthflanker
SOC
Rpg type 7v
dimtra
Andy_Wiz
KRON1
Turk1
Vladislav
Admin
47 posters

Russian Civil Aviation: News

mack8
    mack8

Russian Civil Aviation: News - Page 29 Empty Re: Russian Civil Aviation: News

Post  mack8 Sat Jul 26, 2014 5:37 am

TR1 wrote:I'm posting this from Russia.

You know, the country none of you (the Putin bots rushing in to attack me) are from, the country none of you are citizens of, and the country none of you have clearly spent 5 minutes in.

One of Them lol. This forum has truly sunk into degeneracy with this Ukraine mess.

Don't rush to call all of them "Putin's bots", you sound like an american now. Don't you find sad that FOREIGNERS are defending your own country and standing behind it, while you bash it? Good or bad, and despite many problems, Russia and it's people still has something 95% of world countries do not have: a SPINE. You know, being truly independent, and not a puppet of some other power. Which is what your US is aiming at, not matter what and especially no matter if it's Putin or ANYONE else in charge for them the only "good" Russia is just a weak fragmented puppet in their service, preferably to be used against the chinese (fancy a nuclear war to take out China, notwithstanding Russia will be obliterated too? Uncle Sam would very much love that...). Look at Ukraine, your neighbours, sharing a common history and speaking practically the same language how it has been set against Russia by a power 10,000km away. How this happened? Through traitors, corrupt oligarchs and brainwashed masses. Is this the future you want for your own country? Is the american propaganda having this effect on yourself? Well, this is how the bastards groom and grow their "fifth columns", brainwashing and turning russian against russian (same as any other of their targets). You may possibly think you are a patriot and truly think there is a better choice, but unknowingly you are just  a cog of many in the american destabilizing machine. Think about that. No disrespect.
    mack8
    mack8

Post  mack8 Sat Jul 26, 2014 5:44 am

On another note, may i respectfully suggest to the Mods to split the clearly off-topic posts in this topic into a separate one called "Why i don't like Putin" or something like that? Thanks.
    sepheronx
    sepheronx

Post  sepheronx Sat Jul 26, 2014 5:51 am

Werewolf wrote:
    TR1 wrote:I don't partake in the discussion because the discussion here makes mp.net look fair and balanced.

Russia's hand is deep in the mess, that much is evident for anyone but blind bots. I am sure all those Kamaz trucks, T-64s that look suspiciously identical to ones on Russian roads, RPOs and RPGs were magically created in Ukrainian stocks. Whatever helps you people sleep at night.

Meanwhile Russia will continue to be on the "wrong side" as far as economic development goes.

Yes, you are 100% americanized.

So much about mp net and balanced, since US claims of evidence of russias involvement there were only russophobia on mp net, everyone who was even trying to link actual evidence or at least good points of Ukrainians or US involvement of the entire Ukraine crisis they were immidiatley banned or censored by moderators and admins, which here never happened in the 2 years i'm here. MP net completley put a black out to the evidence of russian radars of the MH17 and the evidence that this BUK TELAR was an ukrainian in western ukraine and not from Russia, but till this very day they still discuss that this BUK is a russian one and everyone who saids otherwise is a conspiracy theorist or Kremln bot, like you said.

You are living in denial and that  is a fact.

Better to use facts against TR1

Fact 1) No evidence was actually shown. They claimed that the T-64's where T-72's. Ends up being T-64BV's that Russia never had in service
    Fact 2) US claims they have evidence, but has not shown its sat imagery or radar from the exercise going on at the time of the malaysian aircraft going down. Russia has provided both sat imagery and Radar data.
    Fact 3) They claimed they have evidence that MLRS are being used from Russia to strike Ukrainian soldiers. The video provided on youtube is of a military exercise in North Ossetia
    Fact 4) There are indeed personnel and equipment coming from Russia. But of course, no actual evidence or link that it is coming from the Russian government. Although, there is a politician from the Just Russia party whom is supporting the separatists.
    Fact 5) US has a history of falsifying information to go to war. 1) Fake WMD (Chemical) from Iraq. (2) Faked information regarding Chemical Weapon strike in Syria. (3)Ousting of Chilean government due to supposed communisim in order to put General Pinochet into power.

Thing is, so far, if anyone that looks foolish, it is the US government. EU is also jumping to sanctions without providing proof. Do I think the rebels are getting support? Of course I do. But at the same time, no one has evidence and evidence is the key.
    Werewolf
    Werewolf

Post  Werewolf Sat Jul 26, 2014 6:11 am

sepheronx wrote:
    Werewolf wrote:
    TR1 wrote:I don't partake in the discussion because the discussion here makes mp.net look fair and balanced.

Russia's hand is deep in the mess, that much is evident for anyone but blind bots. I am sure all those Kamaz trucks, T-64s that look suspiciously identical to ones on Russian roads, RPOs and RPGs were magically created in Ukrainian stocks. Whatever helps you people sleep at night.

Meanwhile Russia will continue to be on the "wrong side" as far as economic development goes.

Yes, you are 100% americanized.

So much about mp net and balanced, since US claims of evidence of russias involvement there were only russophobia on mp net, everyone who was even trying to link actual evidence or at least good points of Ukrainians or US involvement of the entire Ukraine crisis they were immidiatley banned or censored by moderators and admins, which here never happened in the 2 years i'm here. MP net completley put a black out to the evidence of russian radars of the MH17 and the evidence that this BUK TELAR was an ukrainian in western ukraine and not from Russia, but till this very day they still discuss that this BUK is a russian one and everyone who saids otherwise is a conspiracy theorist or Kremln bot, like you said.

You are living in denial and that  is a fact.

Better to use facts against TR1

Fact 1) No evidence was actually shown.  They claimed that the T-64's where T-72's.  Ends up being T-64BV's that Russia never had in service
    Fact 2) US claims they have evidence, but has not shown its sat imagery or radar from the exercise going on at the time of the malaysian aircraft going down.  Russia has provided both sat imagery and Radar data.
    Fact 3) They claimed they have evidence that MLRS are being used from Russia to strike Ukrainian soldiers.  The video provided on youtube is of a military exercise in North Ossetia
    Fact 4) There are indeed personnel and equipment coming from Russia.  But of course, no actual evidence or link that it is coming from the Russian government.  Although, there is a politician from the Just Russia party whom is supporting the separatists.
    Fact 5) US has a history of falsifying information to go to war.  1) Fake WMD (Chemical) from Iraq. (2) Faked information regarding Chemical Weapon strike in Syria. (3)Ousting of Chilean government due to supposed communisim in order to put General Pinochet into power.

Thing is, so far, if anyone that looks foolish, it is the US government.  EU is also jumping to sanctions without providing proof.  Do I think the rebels are getting support?  Of course I do.  But at the same time, no one has evidence and evidence is the key.

Like in the movie Law abiding citizen, "It is not enough to know it. You have to proof it."
    Hannibal Barca
    Hannibal Barca

Post  Hannibal Barca Sat Jul 26, 2014 6:19 am

mack8 wrote:On another note, may i respectfully suggest to the Mods to split the clearly off-topic posts in this topic into a separate one called "Why i don't like Putin" or something like that? Thanks.

Yes into the "How I became an American cheerleader -- Confessions of a Russian cowboy"

Russian Civil Aviation: News - Page 29 American-soccer-fan1
    Firebird

Post  Firebird Sat Jul 26, 2014 8:39 am

magnumcromagnon wrote:The most fascinating thing about world geo-politics is the U.S. state dept. kills over 1.5 million Iraqi's over a lie and left the country in as a mess with thousands of suicide bombings a month, and virtually no one condemns that, but a virtually bloodless legal referendum (Kosovo set a international standard that the U.N. has accepted) that's virtually the same one from 1992 (which pre-dates Putin's presidency by 8 years) where one of the outcomes is the elderly gaining pensions that have doubled in size, but that gets international condemnation even from the fraud Ban Ki Moon and the U.N. It's safe to say Ban Ki Moon (a guy who lectures about stopping arms trafficking, but doesn't say jackshit about France, Britain, U.S. openly admitting arms trafficking in to Libya, Syria) should be named Brown-Eye Moon, a cookie-cutter puppet of the Anglosphere and the United Nations will go the way of the League of Nations.

America should have been expelled from any form of "intl communtiy"there and then - for Iraq AND Afghanistan. But in any case, no reason why they cant be expelled now.

The UN should be moved out of NY. And there should be a massive boycott of US brands, capital and everything else. Infact, I would consider US proprietary rights to be partly invalidated by their atrocities.
    Atleast two countries should be rebuilt with US money, and using US soldiers as criminals who caused it.

Many Americans and EU citizens are utterly disgusted by what America and its puppets have done.
    As China said, America is "robber playing cop". But worse. MUCH worse.

PS I'd wager Uncle Scam is also behind this ISIS bullshit.
    AlfaT8
    AlfaT8

Post  AlfaT8 Sat Jul 26, 2014 9:28 am

Firebird wrote:
    I'd double down on that wager.  Wink
    magnumcromagnon
    magnumcromagnon

Post  magnumcromagnon Sat Jul 26, 2014 9:34 am

Firebird wrote:
    magnumcromagnon wrote:The most fascinating thing about world geo-politics is the U.S. state dept. kills over 1.5 million Iraqi's over a lie and left the country in as a mess with thousands of suicide bombings a month, and virtually no one condemns that, but a virtually bloodless legal referendum (Kosovo set a international standard that the U.N. has accepted) that's virtually the same one from 1992 (which pre-dates Putin's presidency by 8 years) where one of the outcomes is the elderly gaining pensions that have doubled in size, but that gets international condemnation even from the fraud Ban Ki Moon and the U.N. It's safe to say Ban Ki Moon (a guy who lectures about stopping arms trafficking, but doesn't say jackshit about France, Britain, U.S. openly admitting arms trafficking in to Libya, Syria) should be named Brown-Eye Moon, a cookie-cutter puppet of the Anglosphere and the United Nations will go the way of the League of Nations.

America should have been expelled from any form of "intl communtiy"there and then - for Iraq AND Afghanistan. But in any case, no reason why they cant be expelled now.

The UN should be moved out of NY. And there should be a massive boycott of US brands, capital and everything else. Infact, I would consider US proprietary rights to be partly invalidated by their atrocities.
    Atleast two countries should be rebuilt with US money, and using US soldiers as criminals who caused it.

Many Americans and EU citizens are utterly disgusted by what America and its puppets have done.
    As China said, America is "robber playing cop". But worse. MUCH worse.

I'm giving the U.N. 15-25 years of existence left, the fact that Brown-Eye Moon refuses to condemn U.S. arms trafficking in to Syria (even the U.S. signed agreement at the U.N. to prevent arms trafficking), the fact he accepts the Kosovo referendum but condemns the Crimean referendum, the fact that U.N. security council has not 1 but 3 NATO powers but no India, no African country, no Arab country, no South American country, the fact the U.N. is based in New York City, with out a shadow of a doubt the U.N. is the League of Nations, until they actually show that their actually neutral, impartial, and non-partisan than I wont accept it as a serious institution.
    Werewolf
    Werewolf

Post  Werewolf Sat Jul 26, 2014 9:35 am

AlfaT8 wrote:
    Firebird wrote:
    I'd double down on that.  Wink 

They change just the name.

Mujaheddin, then they were called Taliban, then came Al-CIAda, then came FSA and now ISIS (the suppossedly islamistic extremist group to create a islamic government that uses an ENGLISH name Islamic State of Iraq and Syria. Since when do those islamic extremists care for english names... that name alone tells you enough and that they came one day to another out of nowhere in tenthousands.

All of them are trained,supplied,armed and instracted to go to war with specific countries, all of those "Islamists" go only to already muslim countries but never to Israel, coincidence?
    mutantsushi

Post  mutantsushi Sat Jul 26, 2014 3:25 pm

George1 wrote:Vladimir Putin instructed the government to estimate the cost of a project for launching serial production of Il-114 aircraft
    According to [CEO of Aviacor aviation plant, Alexey] Gusev, it will take about 5 years and 10 or 12 billion rubles to launch the production. These figures surprised the president. "12 billion rubles is a large sum of money, but not in terms of this project", - the president noted.

Putin asked the enterprise’s CEO, what kind of support he needs to implement this project. Gusev said that he needs a consolidated order.

The Minister of Industry and Trade, Denis Manturov, in his own turn, said that he is “not ready to confirm the figures stated by Gusev yet”. The Deputy Prime Minister, Dmitry Rogozin, also noted that these figures need to be checked.
    The price quote of course coming from the guy who wants the project to be started, irregardless if his prediction is accurate... Anyways, what would relaunching it entail? Would a modernized avionics make sense? How much more time/cost would that add? What if EASA certification is not aimed for initially?

India has a strange tender for a military transport of C-295/Il-112 class tied to JV/tech transfer/etc of civil airliner of similar scale. If they expedite the tender to match Russia's schedule (!?), setting it up so industrialization of Il-114 integrates Russian and Indian production from the beginning without un-necessary duplication, that could benefit from a very optimized industrial set-up. (Likewise for Il-112V) Il-114 is built for ~30% less range than ATR/BBD competitors, so not carrying the weight for that extra range should make it more than reasonable to be competitive (I would guess the engine is roughly equivalent as well...?).
    GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Sat Jul 26, 2014 5:32 pm

The price quote of course coming from the guy who wants the project to be started, irregardless if his prediction is accurate... Anyways, what would relaunching it entail? Would a modernized avionics make sense? How much more time/cost would that add? What if EASA certification is not aimed for initially?

Most avionics components are modular and tend to be plug in type stuff, so upgrading the avionics would just be a reshuffle and redesign of the cockpit.

Using up to date components should make it cheaper and simpler and more capable, while at the same time more standardised with systems used in other similar aircraft after upgrades.

In the longer term it would save money.

Imagine trying to build a computer to run software and run hardware from the mid 1990s... you'd need old RAM, and an old motherboard, with an old CPU, with an old OS. Even your hard drive would be a problem... in 1998 the PC I bought that year had an 8GB hard drive... the operating system wouldn't recognise a 2 TB drive back then... you would need a huge number of partitions.

BTW regarding Putins estimate... I suspect he was weighing all his options and asked for a quote of how much to revive the older design as opposed to an all new from scratch design.

he has clearly decided that it would be cheaper to revive the old design perhaps with upgrades like avionics and engines that will provide all the features they want without going to the expense or extended time frame of a new design.

India has a strange tender for a military transport of C-295/Il-112 class tied to JV/tech transfer/etc of civil airliner of similar scale.

Would be interesting if they could unify the designs so that the light and larger aircraft could be scaled relatives... ie the replacement for the An-32/26 and the replacement for the An-12 could be related and share components/avionics/systems.

Of course it might just be cheaper to build Il-112s and Il-114s separately.
    mutantsushi

Post  mutantsushi Sun Jul 27, 2014 2:19 am

GarryB wrote:Most avionics components are modular and tend to be plug in type stuff, so upgrading the avionics would just be a reshuffle and redesign of the cockpit.
    Using up to date components should make it cheaper and simpler and more capable, while at the same time more standardised with systems used in other similar aircraft after upgrades.
    Right, I just imagined it is a matter of recertification, and depending on how extensive the change is.
    Any of the components that ARE still in production might be candidates to use, but otherwise might as well go for all-new systems, ideally that have commonality with other in-production platforms.

Would be interesting if [India] could unify the designs so that the light and larger aircraft could be scaled relatives...
    ie the replacement for the An-32/26 and the replacement for the An-12 could be related and share components/avionics/systems.
    Of course it might just be cheaper to build Il-112s and Il-114s separately.
    Il-112's direct analogue is C-27J which shares cockpit with C-130J for the most part.
    IMHO, trying to unify Il-112 and MTA is a pretty good idea that would appeal to India (and be in Il-112's favor re: selection over C-295),
    but Il-114 would probably remain distinct (likewise as ATR is distinct), perhaps with a derivative of MS-21 and/or An-148 cockpit avionics?
    GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Sun Jul 27, 2014 4:17 pm

but Il-114 would probably remain distinct (likewise as ATR is distinct), perhaps with a derivative of MS-21 and/or An-148 cockpit avionics?

They have been working on modular equipment from rifles to tanks, it shouldn't be too hard to develop standardised cockpits, or in the case of lots of MFDs modular software. The Il-114 might already have a standard cockpit layout but an upgrade to make it MTA/Il-112 like would be beneficial for all three aircraft. Having a standard transport cockpit layout would be useful.
    GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Mon Jul 28, 2014 4:25 pm

Please keep it civil.... hahahahaha... no seriously.

Keep on topic please.
    mutantsushi

Post  mutantsushi Wed Jul 30, 2014 3:42 am

Here is an update on India's strange civil/military tender project, elucidating some of the problems with tender's conceptual framework...
    IMHO, not focusing on 100% localization in both projects, but on achieving production sharing of a certain %/value would be the rational approach,
    and likewise a rational "first step" for a local private Indian company to take, before taking on full production of TWO airliner/transport planes.
    The quote also goes into the problems with Antonov and Ukraine, delaying the tender would seem to allow Ilyushin to get it's project in order completely.
    (IMHO the original tender's strange melange of civil and military requirements was tilted towards An-148, but that may now not be a viable option)

http://www.defensenews.com/article/20140727/DEFREG03/307270010/India-s-Tender-Private-Sector-Built-Airlifter-May-Not-Take-Off
    When the MoD decided to go ahead with the private-sector aircraft effort, only Airbus and Antonov participated in a pre-bid meeting in April, an MoD source said.

In May 2013, the global tender for procurement of 56 aircraft was sent to Airbus Defence and Space, Alenia Aeronautica, Boeing, Lockheed Martin, Antonov Design Bureau, Ilyushin Design Bureau and Embraer.

Ukraine-based Antonov informally informed MoD that it could not transfer aircraft technology because a majority of the systems are sourced from Russia’s Voronezh Aircraft Production Association. Moscow has stopped export of these technologies to the Ukrainian company.

Antonov had negotiated with domestic private-sector major Tata Advanced Systems for licensed production of its An-148 aircraft.

No executive of Antonov was available for comment.

That leaves Airbus as the sole overseas bidder likely to be in the fray. Airbus has already teamed with domestic private company Larsen & Toubro for licensed production of the Airbus C-295 aircraft.

However, domestic industry has labeled the program as too small.

An executive of the Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce and Industry (FICCI), the lobbying agency of the domestic private sector, said it welcomes the govern­ment’s decision to allow private local companies as production partners. But because only 40 aircraft will be produced under license in India and the remaining 16 will be imported, the Avro replacement program is not economically viable for a private firm.

“An order for licensed production of at least 75 aircraft would be economically viable as the domestic company will have to set up production facilities worth over $500 million,” the FICCI executive said.
    mutantsushi

Post  mutantsushi Wed Jul 30, 2014 6:05 am

BTW, is anybody familiar with the hot and high performance of TV7-117 and/or Il-114?  
    Can be relevant in some regions, Indian Himalayas I'm thinking in particular.

Here's a pic I found comparing firm orders for regional jets including SSJ,
    and it does suprisingly well considering the dearth of coverage it receives in Western press.
    Russian Civil Aviation: News - Page 29 Crj-v-competitors
    Morpheus Eberhardt
    Morpheus Eberhardt

Post  Morpheus Eberhardt Wed Jul 30, 2014 7:08 am

mutantsushi wrote:BTW, is anybody familiar with the hot and high performance of TV7-117 and/or Il-114?

I think for a turbine engine, the H&H performance issue really boils down to the takeoff thrust/power-to-weight ratio, as the thrust/power rate of TV7-117 family would not define any constraint in this regard; so it really boils down to mostly a question about the aircraft as a whole.
    George1
    George1

Post  George1 Wed Jul 30, 2014 10:45 pm

Russian government approved the implementation plan for the state program “Development of Aircraft Industry” for 2014-2016
    Russian Aviaton » Wednesday July 30, 2014 19:20 MSK

Russian government approved the implementation plan for the state program “Development of Aircraft Industry for 2013-2025” for 2014 and the 2015-2016 period, stated at the government’s website.

The corresponding government decree №1395-r signed on July 25th 2014 was posted at the website on July 28th 2014. The draft government decree was elaborated by Russian Ministry of Industry and Trade.

«The implementation plan for the state program “Development of Aircraft Industry for 2013-2025” (the program was approved by the government decree №303 signed on April 15th 2014) for 2014 and the 2015-2016 period was elaborated in order to monitor the program’s status», - said in the notes to the decree.

The plan includes the list of milestones and milestone dates for each project specified in the state program. The most important ones are:

- final assembly and the first flight of MS-21 prototype (2016);
    - development of a light multi-role aircraft prototype (seating 19 passengers) and finalization of the working design documentation for a commuter aircraft seating 9 passengers (2016);
    - obtaining the certificate issued by Aviation Registry of IAC for Mi-38 helicopter (2015);
    - maiden flight of a flying testbed of the advanced high-speed helicopter (2015);
    - maiden flight of Ka-62 multi-role helicopter (2014).

«A total of 69 milestones have been included in the plan for 2014-2016 period (the previous plan comprised 47 milestones). 51 out of 69 milestones have been included in a step-by-step implementation plan comprising annual indicators, which allow reaching the target values set by the presidential decree №596 signed on May 12th 2012 «About long-term state economic policy», - the government noted.
    George1
    George1

Post  George1 Fri Aug 01, 2014 7:09 pm

Vladimir Putin called on the government to create conditions for development of regional air transportation

Vladimir Putin called on the government to create conditions for development of regional air transportation. He stated it during a meeting with government representatives dedicated to fulfillment of tasks set by the president in his letter to the Federal Assembly and orders signed in May 2012.

According to the president’s press-service, one of the major items of the agenda was future of regional air transportation. «Today the passenger traffic on regional air lines increased by 11% as compared to last year and reached 41,5 million passengers. Last year the passenger traffic growth rates for international air lines significantly exceeded the indicators for domestic air lines, however, this year the trend changed: passenger traffic on regional air lines grows three times faster as compared to international air lines. Passenger traffic of Russian carriers on domestic air lines has already reached 20 million passengers. These milestones have been reached thanks to programs aimed at supporting the regional transportation. There are 5 such programs; about 9 billion rubles will be allocated by the Ministry of Transport for supporting the regional air transportation. This support will allow the carriers to transport additional 1,5 million passengers and open 80 new destinations», - Minister of Transport, Maxim Sokolov, said.

The president, in his own turn, reminded that some governors asked to help them transfer some infrastructure facilities to the ministry. «We have made a decision to develop the regional air lines and we must establish a company responsible for it. The government has signed corresponding documents. We must take this infrastructure away from them», - Vladimir Putin said.

In addition, Sokolov said that the government of Russian Federation made a decision to increase the number of airports forming part of “Aeroporti Dalnego Vostoka” (Airports of the Far East) fiscal enterprise as well as include seven more airports in the “Aeroporti Krasnoyarya” (Airports of Krasnoyarsk Region) fiscal enterprise. In addition, a budget process is in progress: if the corresponding decisions are made the airports will be included in the fiscal enterprise next year. «Today about 55 out of 300 regional aviation airports form part of fiscal enterprises. These are airports located in Siberia, Far East and far north. In the network of these measures we will shoulder the costs of maintenance and development of the infrastructure», - Sokolov stated.

The president also noted that it is necessary to speed up the process of transferring the infrastructure and develop supportive measures for regions in order to make production of general aviation aircraft in Russia profitable. «The market needs such aircraft, but there are no orders, because it is too expensive. So we must offer schemes allowing us to increase passenger traffic on these routes and manufacture indigenous aircraft», - the president said.

«The abovementioned measures include some of the programs. These are 3,5 billion rubles intended for supporting regional air transportation and about 600 million rubles (funds from the federal budget) – for supporting a pilot project implemented in Volga Federal District. These measures helped us promote the regional air transportation and open 100 new destinations and we plan to open 80 new routes this year, - Maxim Sokolov added. – We have elaborated a program in cooperation with the Ministry of Industry and Trade and I think that the steps taken will give an impulse to development of new advanced regional aircraft, which will replace An-24 and An-2 liners».

Finally, Vladimir Putin stressed the importance of market in terms of passenger traffic growth. «We need this market; we need this market to have a customer demand. If there is no demand, no one will manufacture the aircraft. We will be purchasing batches of two or three liners in foreign countries, but that is not what we need to develop the national aviation. I ask you to think it over», - the president stated.
    George1
    George1

Post  George1 Tue Aug 05, 2014 7:02 pm

Assembly of fuselage of the first An-178 transport aircraft on the jig has been completed

On July 29th 2014 assembly of fuselage of the first An−178 medium transport aircraft on the jig has been completed by Antonov State Enterprise, the company’s press-service reports.

“Now the final assembly of the aircraft starts: junction of major airframe components (wing, empennage, pylons, nacelles, etc.), installation of aircraft systems, testing of aircraft equipment and preparation of the aircraft for its maiden flight and certification testing. The special aspect of this project is usage of paperless technology during design and production of the aircraft. The technology uses state-of-the-art PLM software NX/TeamCenter comprising electronic annotated 3D models, which help decrease development time and labor intensity of design, production and assembly of the first prototype”, - the company noted.

An−178 is the new member of An−148/158 Family (the passenger aircraft of the family are able to carry from 68 to 99 passengers). The jets demonstrated good results during operation under various climatic and weather conditions, from unpaved and high-altitude airfields.

Development of An−178 is based on market studies. Modern trend in the area of development of ramp military aircraft is replacement of four-engine turboprop medium aircraft with twinjets. Having close fuel consumption per hour, twinjets provide higher efficiency thanks to higher cruising speed. President – General Designer of Antonov State Enterprise, Dmitry Keeva, said: “An−178 is our future! We are developing this vehicle using vast experience of older generation of Antonov’s employees combined with the cutting-edge technologies successfully used by our younger specialists. The project is financed from our own funds. We are confident that An−178 will be among world’s best transport aircraft. In particular, it will be able to replace famous An−12 vehicles (more than 1400 aircraft of the type have been manufactured) and C−160 (more than 200 vehicles have been manufactured)”.

“An−178 will successfully perform all the tasks of a military transport aircraft, including logistic support, airdrop of cargo and troops, medevac operations, transportation of light vehicles, delivery of equipment and engines. Besides, unique feature of the An−178 is ability to carry all the types of the existing palletized and containerized cargo, including large-size sea containers 1C. This makes the jet an irreplaceable transport in terms of provision of logistic support in both commercial and military segments, as well as in case of any emergencies”, - the press-service explained.

A.M. Kulik, Chairman of Sviatoshyn District State Administration in Kyiv, congratulated the employees of Antonov with achieving significant milestones in the network of An−178 program: “An−178 is what our economy and our country need. This project provides new jobs and cutting-edge technologies. I would like to thank Antonov for supporting our district, our city and the whole Ukraine”.
    GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Wed Aug 06, 2014 2:58 pm

Ooops George... as it mentions in the article this is a Ukrainian aircraft and therefore does not belong in the Russian armed forces/Russian Air Forces/Russian civil aviation section...
    George1
    George1

Post  George1 Thu Aug 14, 2014 6:29 pm

Aviacor aviation plant approved the launch of serial production of Il-114 aircraft
    Russian Aviaton » Thursday August 14, 2014 13:43 MSK

On August 12th 2014 the Board of Directors of Samara-based Aviacor aviation plant made a decision to launch the serial production of Il-114 aircraft, Volga-News reports with reference to the enterprise’s official documents.

The production costs will be calculated after elaboration of production plan and business plan.

We remind you that Aviacor considered Il-114 regional aircraft seating 64 passengers as an alternative to An-140. The plant encountered problems connected with production of An-140 caused by the situation in Ukraine, where the plant’s suppliers are located. Earlier Il-114 was being manufactured in Uzbekistan.

According to the management team of Aviacor, it will take five years to launch of serial production and upgrade the aircraft. The cost of this project is 12 billion rubles.

It was reported earlier that the president of Russia, Vladimir Putin, instructed the government to estimate the feasibility of a project for launching serial production of Il-114 aircraft at Aviacor. The aircraft will be delivered to Russian Ministry of Defense and civil aviation enterprises.
    Mindstorm

Post  Mindstorm Mon Aug 18, 2014 4:14 pm

Борис Алёшин ,General Director of highly renowed Центра́льный аэрогидродинами́ческий институ́т -TsAGI Institute- release a good interview on an oftenly "obscured" subject : rate of development and level of scientific achievements by part of domestic Scientific Instuitutions and theirs role and share in the development of the most promising and cutting-edge foreign aero-space programs.....since at least '90 years.

Here, the traditional secrecy and discretion by part of our field operators , allow foreign PR-oriented or even controled media operator to attempt, too often unconstested, to completely twist the reality and to provide a totally falsified picture of the state of thing in the most advanced aero-space sectors

http://vpk.name/news/115663_gendirektor_cagi_nasha_avianauka__mirovoi_lider_prosto_myi_sebya_ne_propagandirovali.html

Но наша оплошность в том, что мы не пропагандировали то, что мы делали в международном сотрудничестве и для "Боинга", и для "Аирбаса"

В пятой, шестой и седьмой рамочных программах Еврокомиссии мы имеем порядка тридцати работ, где являемся лидерами. За решениями, за технологиями обращаются к нам".

Enough said.

Werewolf
    Werewolf

Post  Werewolf Mon Aug 18, 2014 11:40 pm

A humble and high quality institute.
    Austin

Post  Austin Mon Aug 18, 2014 11:44 pm

IL-114 to the Crimea will not reach

http://www.ato.ru/blogs/blog-alekseya-sinickogo/il-114-do-kryma-ne-doletit

August 13 Deputy Prime Minister Dmitry Rogozin wrote on his Twitter the following: "Today, the Russian government is considering expanding domestic production of regional aircraft, in particular, IL-114, "then added," also addressed the issue of creating the airline to ensure regular air bridge the Crimea with the domestic fleet. "

It is hardly necessary to consider social networks a reliable source of information, but Dmitry Rogozin, allegedly appears on his Twitter quite officially.  So it is possible to discuss the issue.
    Some commentators have already put two in one tweet and came to the conclusion, if Dmitry O. offers to fly in the Crimea on the Il-114.  Given the characteristics of this aircraft (capacity 64 passengers., A cruising speed of 500 km / h, range 1,500 km), we will not ascribe Rogozin something he could not tell.  Il-114 transport in the Crimea is not organized, except that of the Rostov-on-Don to fly.  This aircraft to other routes.

However, the need for aircraft of this class in Russia is objectively there, so the idea is to organize the production of IL-114 deserves attention.  It should, however, take into account a number of nuances.

The decision to organize mass production of IL-114 has received the Board of Directors of JSC "Aviacor - Samara aviation plant."  Being once privatized, it was not included in the company's United Aircraft Corporation (UAC), although this issue was discussed, and it turned out to be outside the existing airframe programs.  Until relatively recently, "Aviacor" finishing work in single copies of the Tu-154 (the main specialization of the aircraft factory at sovetstkih power), he also engaged in overhaul of the aircraft.  In addition, the "Aviakor" was organized by the production of regional turboprop aircraft An-140 in conjunction with the Kharkov aircraft factory, but cooperation with Ukrainian companies and above caused significant problems, and on the current situation and does hardly possible.  As a result, "Aviacor" released just ten An-140 and the completion of the existing order of the Ministry of Defense of the Russian Federation is a big question.

So that the orientation of the IL-114 would be for "Aviacor" strategically correct.  According to the management of the enterprise, set-up production, as well as the digitization and modernization of the aircraft will take about five years and 12 billion rubles.  You have to understand that it would be absurd to resume production of the aircraft according to the old pattern-lofting technologies in the form in which it was held at the Tashkent Aviation Production Association.  Chkalov (TAPC).  Since IL-114 will have to do the same thing that happened with the IL-76 when moving its production from TAPOiCH at Ulyanovsk aircraft factory - the plane was fully digitized and translated into modern production technology.  When digitizing IL-76 is constantly there were situations when the items carefully measured to the last screw disassembled aircraft did not fit in the electronic computer models and designers had to fit the size of, and in fact - to engage in redesign of the aircraft.  In general, the task is difficult, but doable.

Obviously, you can not miss the opportunity to modernize the aircraft - primarily for its avionics.  Even if you do not focus on foreign developments (almost all IL-114-100 issued TAPOiCH worth onboard avionics American firm Rockwell Collins), the Russian company "Radio-electronic technology" (KRET) is quite advanced in this direction, so that it would be reasonable to apply its new development.

Particular attention must be given to the engines.  IL-114-100, which successfully fly in Uzbekistan, equipped with turboprop engines PW127H production North American company Pratt & Whitney Canada.  In the Russian Il-114 with Russian engines TV7-117S exploited airline "Vyborg", which ceased operations in 2010 - it was withdrawn operator's certificate.  There were several reasons, but one of them - the high accident flight, which, in turn, been connected with the operation of the engines TV7-117S IL-114.  The most serious episode that you want to recall - is the destruction of the disk of the fourth stage of the compressor of the left engine of the aircraft IL-114 (tail number RA-91105) on a flight from Murmansk to St. Petersburg July 8, 2003 The crew had zaflyugirovat propeller, turn off the engine and apply the system fire fighting, and then was made a successful landing at the airport of departure, but the consequences of such failures can be extremely serious.  It is clear that the work on the engine TV7-117S continue and certainly many problems have disappeared, but claims to this engine in service was very high.  In principle, it would be reasonable when creating de facto an upgraded version of the Il-114 focus on two engines, including foreign (especially considering that IL-114-100 successfully flies and has a Russian type certificate), that would be favorably affected and export potential of the aircraft, but at the current fascination with import substitution this question lies in the field of politics, not technology and economics.

In general, the first tweet, Dmitry Rogozin, we can conclude that the initiative with IL-114 is quite reasonable and has a right to exist, but it is necessary to take into account a number of important aspects that will require additional time and money.  Solution to a complex problem may not be easy.

The same argument applies fully and the second tweet, Dmitry Rogozin.  Organization of airlines to fly to the Crimea on the aircraft produced in Russia, in principle, possible, but it is also fraught with a number of serious problems, which we have already spoken .

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:27 pm