George1

Re: Naval Weapon Systems & Technology

Post  George1 on Thu Jun 29, 2017 11:26 pm

Komar SAM

George1

Post  George1 on Thu Jun 29, 2017 11:39 pm

Nowhere to Hide: Russia Unveils New 'Hovering' Anti-Submarine Bomb

Russian defense manufacturer Techmash presented a new guided anti-submarine munition at the ongoing International Maritime Defense Show 2017 in St. Petersburg.

During the International Maritime Defense Show (IMDS) 2017 that launched in St. Petersburg on June 28, JSC Techmash, a subsidiary of Rostec Corporation, presented its latest creation: Zagon-2E – a unique ‘hovering’ guided anti-submarine bomb.

What really sets this munition apart from its analogues is its ability to "hover" over the water’s surface for up to four minutes, according to a statement issued by Techmash.

The bomb has a target detection range of up to 450 meters, and is designed to be used against both surfaced and submerged submarines, with the latter including vessels operating at periscope depth or lying on the seabed.

It should be noted that the bomb's effectiveness is almost three times greater than that of its predecessor, the Zagon-1E.

https://sputniknews.com/military/201706291055095082-new-anti-submarine-bomb/

Book.

Post  Book. on Sat Jul 01, 2017 2:00 pm

Shvabe IMDS-2017: Naval Thermal
    Here: http://rostec.ru/news/4520591

Holding "Shvabe " demonstrates optoelectronic surveillance system at the VIII International Maritime Defense Show, which runs from 28 June to 2 July in St. Petersburg at the exhibition complex "Lenexpo" and berthing complex "Maritime Station".

"Center in St. Petersburg is surely among the top three world exhibitions of weapons and naval equipment. Holding Companies are traditional participants of the event. This year, we will demonstrate to the IMDS optical surveillance system that can be installed on various types of vehicles, including sea-going vessels - ships and boats ", - said Deputy General Director of" Schwabe "Dmitriy Zhidkov.

At IMDS-2017 featured products "Schwabe" enterprise - the Ural Optical and Mechanical Plant (UOMZ). UOMZ shows civil optical surveillance systems SON 730, CPA 820, and small-sized stabilized CMC-831 system and the installation sector review chamber for surface ships MTC-C7-201M.

Optical surveillance systems enterprise "Schwabe" allow to receive high-quality and stable image in all types of shooting, at any time, in conditions of limited visibility. With regard to the MTC-201M-C7, it is part of a multifunctional television complex of new generation MTK-201ME for surface combatants. Its tasks include monitoring of surface and air situation in the interests of the defense of the ship, navigation safety and to monitor the take-off and landing of naval helicopters.

@FOTO: Антон Тушин
    hoom

Post  hoom on Sun Jul 02, 2017 8:47 am

Heaps of Pantsir-M pics http://bastion-karpenko.ru/pancir-m-imds-2017-1/ & http://bastion-karpenko.ru/pancir-m-imds-2017-2/

KnightRider

Shkval guidance?

Post  KnightRider on Thu Jul 06, 2017 7:25 am

I was looking into the Shkval, and had heard it was unguided. However, these pictures show some kind of connector on the rear right side of the torpedo. Is this an indication that the Shkval utilizes wire guidance from the launching submarine, or is it something else?

hoom

Post  hoom on Thu Jul 06, 2017 8:25 am

I think its got a limited inertial guidance so that might be where the course gets programmed?

Komar SAM
    Ghibka with latest Igla version?

KnightRider

Post  KnightRider on Thu Jul 06, 2017 9:04 am

hoom wrote:I think its got a limited inertial guidance so that might be where the course gets programmed?
    That's what I would think, but is there any way to tell definitively whether it's that or some sort of wire guidance? I tried searching Google images for rear-facing pictures of other Russian torpedoes to compare the connector on the Shkval with the wire guidance connector on them, but I couldn't find any.
    hoom

Post  hoom on Sat Jul 08, 2017 8:09 am

Pantsir-M video from IMDS
    Rowdyhorse4

Post  Rowdyhorse4 on Tue Jul 11, 2017 7:57 am

KnightRider wrote:I was looking into the Shkval, and had heard it was unguided. However, these pictures show some kind of connector on the rear right side of the torpedo. Is this an indication that the Shkval utilizes wire guidance from the launching submarine, or is it something else?

Shkval is guided...      From the first production variant to the Shkval II they use today....

Shkval I uses GOLIS inertial Guidance while Shkval II gets Vectored thrust to improve its guidance

Later Variants of the Shkval I got active acoustic terminal guidance as well i heard....
    Isos

Post  Isos on Wed Jul 12, 2017 4:16 pm

Granit lunched from Osacar sub:

Benya

Post  Benya on Thu Jul 20, 2017 8:57 pm

Russia’s Tactical Missiles Corporation Unveils APR-3ME Grif Air Launched Torpedo

JSC Region State Research and Production Enterprise, part of the Tactical Missiles Corporation (TMC), has developed a new APR-3ME Grif airborne anti-submarine missile, which is a modernized version of the APR-3E missile. The new system was unveiled at the MAKS 2017 airshow currently held in Russia.

APR-3ME Grif anti-submarine torpedo showcased on Tactical Missiles Corporation stand at MAKS 2017.

"The company is showing a new missile at MAKS-2017 in Zhukovsky, near Moscow. This is the APR-3ME (Grif) airborne anti-submarine missile, an upgrade of the APR-3E. The improved capability missile is designed to destroy submarines at depths up to 800 meters moving at a speed of up to 80 km/h. The APR-3ME has the same caliber as its predecessor (350 mm), but the weight and size characteristics were reduced: its length is 3250 mm versus 3685 mm, weight - 470 kg versus 525 kg," the press service’s statement said.

Previously, thanks to its proprietary solid fuel motor designs, the TMC’s company developed a unique APR-1 airborne anti-submarine missile, which initiated further improvement of airborne anti-submarine missiles. So, for instance, the APR-3E missile with a new specially developed turbo-waterjet engine running on composite solid-fuel became an export bestseller. The APR-3E is employed from ASW planes and helicopters and designed to destroy modern submarines, including SSNs, at submerged speeds up to 40 knots (at depths of up to 800 meters) in any water areas of the oceans of the world in sea state up to 6. The APR-3E is distinguished by fast response in target search and detection mode, a high target-missile relative speed after lock-on and, as a result, can kill the target before the latter starts actively counteracting. This area of anti-submarine weapons will continue to evolve.

APR-3ME Grif anti-submarine torpedo showcased on Tactical Missiles Corporation stand at MAKS 2017

Source: Arrow http://www.navyrecognition.com/index.php/news/defence-news/2017/july-2017-navy-naval-forces-defense-industry-technology-maritime-security-global-news/5408-russia-s-tactical-missiles-corporation-unveils-apr-3me-grif-air-launched-torpedo.html
    Benya

Post  Benya on Sat Jul 22, 2017 3:04 pm

Presidential Decree Calls for More Cruise Missiles and Balanced Fleet for Russian Navy

Long-range precision-guided sea-launched cruise missiles (SLCMs) will be the main armament of the Russian Navy’s surface ships and submarines until 2025. This is stated in Presidential Decree No. 327 "On the approval of the Fundamentals of the Russian Federation’s state policy in the field of naval activities for the period until 2030," published on the official legal information website on July 20, 2017

The Buyan-M Corvette "Uglich" launches a 3M-54 Kalibr anti-ship missile during maneuvers in the Caspian Sea.

"Long-range precision-guided sea-launched cruise missiles will be the backbone of armament for the Russian Navy’s surface ships and submarines and coastal forces until 2025. After 2025, hypersonic missiles and diverse robotic systems, including autonomous unmanned underwater vehicles, will enter service with the Navy’s submarine, surface and coastal forces," paragraphs 43 and 44 of the decree say.

In addition, until 2030, it is planned to develop a "naval aircraft-carrying complex," advanced surface ships and submarines (combat platforms), and next-generation deep-sea naval warfare systems. Among the objectives is to deploy naval robotic systems to perform a wide range of combat and support missions.

"By 2030, the Russian Federation must have strong balanced fleets in all theaters of operation that will consist of ships intended to operate in near, far sea zones and ocean areas, as well as of naval aviation and coastal forces equipped with effective precision-guided strike weapons and will have an advanced basing and support system," paragraph 46 of the decree says.

Russian Navy submarine Omsk (K-186), a Project 949A SSGN (NATO designation: Oscar II), with all missile hatches opened. The class is being modified to launch Kalibr SLCM. Picture via airbase.ru

According to the document, the main objectives in the field of the Russian Navy construction and development are to form balanced naval forces, maintain the combat potential of the naval component of strategic nuclear forces at a high level and build a qualitatively new configuration of general-purpose naval forces equipped not only with new and modernized weapons, but also with new and modernized military and special equipment.

The decree notes that one of the priorities in the Navy’s fleet construction and development program in the medium and long term is to build up the fleet capabilities by building and upgrading attack nuclear submarines armed with missiles and torpedoes and diesel-electric submarines, guided weapon surface ships of different classes, naval aircraft, and various surface effect ships.

One of the main strategic requirements for the Russian Navy is to "integrate interconnected and unified naval armament systems, ships, submarines, naval aircraft and coastal facilities into a single control loop."

The decree especially emphasizes the need to completely switch the development and production cycle for key components of weapons and military equipment in the interests of the Navy to Russia’s scientific and industrial foundation.

Range of Kalibr family of cruise missile (scale models) on display at IMDS naval defense exhibition in Russia

Among the main goals of the naval activities to prevent military conflicts and provide strategic deterrence, according to the decree, is to enable the use of precision-guided long-range weapons by the Navy ships against any potential enemy, to perform inter-theater maneuvers, including regular submarine voyages under the ice, to increase the combat and operational capabilities of the Black Sea Fleet through the development of a joint force grouping in the Crimea and to provide a continuous naval presence of the Russian Federation in the Mediterranean and other strategic areas of the world's oceans.

"With the development of precision-guided weapons, the Navy faces a qualitatively new challenge: destroying the enemy's military and economic potential by hitting its vital facilities from the sea. The availability of a sufficient number of precision-guided weapons and the capability of using them in various ways will deter large-scale military operations against the Russian Federation. The key components of the strategic deterrence system are nuclear and non-nuclear deterrence. The general-purpose naval forces occupy an important place in meeting strategic deterrence challenges," the document says.

Source: Arrow http://www.navyrecognition.com/index.php/news/defence-news/2017/july-2017-navy-naval-forces-defense-industry-technology-maritime-security-global-news/5413-presidential-decree-calls-for-more-cruise-missiles-and-balanced-fleet-for-russian-navy.html

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed Aug 16, 2017 7:31 pm