Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues


    NATO/US Military Build up in Eastern Europe-Russian borders

    Share
    avatar
    nemrod

    Posts : 809
    Points : 1305
    Join date : 2012-09-11

    Ultimate provocation against Russia: US will deploy their F-22 near russian borders ?

    Post  nemrod on Wed Jun 17, 2015 12:18 pm

    General Yuriy Yakubov, Russian Ministry of Defence spokesman said :

    The tactic of using the F-22 and other military equipment is the most aggressive step of [the] Pentagon and NATO since the Cold War last century,...

    It is clearly an act of war. Russia must react, and quiclkly against this barbaric north american regime. It is not admissible, Russia never threatened anyone, the US seed the shit everywhere in the world, it is time stop these bastards once for all.


    http://presstv.com/Detail/2015/06/17/416235/US-Air-Force-warplanes-Russia-border


    The United States is planning to send warplanes to Europe in order to stop Russia’s “aggression” in the region, says US Air Force Secretary Deborah James.

    Describing Moscow as “the biggest threat” in the region, James said it is “extremely worrisome on what's going” on in Ukraine.

    "I could easily see the day -- though I couldn't tell you the day exactly -- when the F-22, for example, rotates in is a possibility. I don't see why that couldn't happen in the future," she was quoted as saying by Military.com.

    Washington relations with Moscow are icy over the conflict in Ukraine. The Kremlin is accused of supporting pro-Russian forces in eastern Ukraine.

    The New York Times reported last week the Pentagon is ready to station heavy military equipment in countries on Russia's border to face a possible “Russian aggression.”

    Unnamed officials said the weaponry, which includes battle tanks and infantry fighting vehicles, was enough for as many as 5,000 American troops.
    On Tuesday, Russian President Vladimir Putin made an announcement following the Pentagon’s decisions for deploying more military equipment in Europe.

    Putin announced that his country would add intercontinental ballistic missiles to its nuclear arsenal this year.

    “More than 40 new intercontinental ballistic missiles, able to overcome even the most technically advance anti-missile defense systems, will be added to the make-up of the nuclear arsenal this year,” Putin said.

    “If someone threatens our territories, it means that we will have to aim our armed forces accordingly at the territories from where the threat is coming,” he added.

    Meanwhile, US Secretary of State John Kerry condemned Putin’s announcement.

    "It does concern me," Kerry said. "Nobody should hear that kind of announcement from a leader of a powerful country and not be concerned about what the implications are."

    In an interview with Press TV over the weekend, American political commentator Stephen Lendman warned about Washington’s aggressive policies against Moscow, saying tensions with Russia may spark the flames of another world war.

    “This is a willful provocation along with previous ones, along also with repeated belligerent military exercises, provocative events, provocative things going on to literally try to get Russia, to do something stupid to provoke a confrontation that America could blame on Russia,” Lendman said.

    “The idea that America should continue theses provocations risk the possibility that we literally could have what I call the unthinkable another global war,” he added.

    below the other links about shits like CNN, and IBT

    http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/us-air-force-considers-deployment-f-22-raptor-fighter-jet-eastern-europe-1506502
    http://edition.cnn.com/2015/06/16/politics/air-force-f-22-europe/
    avatar
    George1

    Posts : 10778
    Points : 11257
    Join date : 2011-12-22
    Location : Greece

    Re: NATO/US Military Build up in Eastern Europe-Russian borders

    Post  George1 on Tue Jun 23, 2015 11:11 pm

    Russia May Strengthen Military Force in Kaliningrad

    According to Russian lawmaker, Russia may reinforce its military presence in its westernmost Baltic exclave of Kaliningrad in response to the United States deployment of weapons in western Europe.

    MOSCOW (Sputnik) – Russia may reinforce its military presence in its westernmost Baltic exclave of Kaliningrad in response to the United States deployment of weapons in western Europe, a Russian lawmaker said Tuesday.

    Earlier in the day, US Defense Secretary Ashton Carter confirmed his country's intention to place 250 US tanks in seven Eastern European and Baltic nations.

    "This will be primarily reflected in the principle of the territorial quartering of our troops on the territory of our country, including, I think, the Kaliningrad region," First Deputy Chairman of the Defense Committee of Russian parliament's lower house Sergey Zhigarev told the Russian radio station Govorit Moskva.

    NATO increased its military presence along Russia's borders following accusations of Moscow’s interference in the Ukrainian crisis.

    Russia has repeatedly dismissed the allegations and stressed that military expansion toward Russian borders undermines regional security and escalates tensions.

    Read more: http://sputniknews.com/russia/20150623/1023755973.html#ixzz3dvDEO58n


    _________________
    "There's no smoke without fire.", Georgy Zhukov

    avatar
    GarryB

    Posts : 16887
    Points : 17495
    Join date : 2010-03-30
    Location : New Zealand

    Re: NATO/US Military Build up in Eastern Europe-Russian borders

    Post  GarryB on Wed Jun 24, 2015 3:20 am

    If the US wants to act like dicks then Russia can play that game.... just look at the right buttons that the US responds to.

    Make, as a response to the movement of F-22s to Europe, the deployment of tactical nuclear weapons to Kaliningrad a very public issue, and hint that the next escalation will be the withdrawl from the INF treaty and mass production of cheaper more mobile IRBMs.



    _________________
    “The West won the world not by the superiority of its ideas or values or religion […] but rather by its superiority in applying organized violence. Westerners often forget this fact; non-Westerners never do.”

    ― Samuel P. Huntington, The Clash of Civilizations and the Remaking of World Order
    avatar
    Book.

    Posts : 699
    Points : 760
    Join date : 2015-05-08
    Location : Oregon, USA

    Re: NATO/US Military Build up in Eastern Europe-Russian borders

    Post  Book. on Wed Jun 24, 2015 8:51 am

    I hope f22 in eastern bloc

    easy target cruise missle Twisted Evil
    avatar
    Werewolf

    Posts : 5358
    Points : 5587
    Join date : 2012-10-24

    Re: NATO/US Military Build up in Eastern Europe-Russian borders

    Post  Werewolf on Wed Jun 24, 2015 8:30 pm

    Book. wrote:I hope f22 in eastern bloc

    easy target cruise missle S-300/400 Twisted Evil
    avatar
    George1

    Posts : 10778
    Points : 11257
    Join date : 2011-12-22
    Location : Greece

    Re: NATO/US Military Build up in Eastern Europe-Russian borders

    Post  George1 on Wed Jul 15, 2015 10:20 pm

    Europe’s Eighth NATO Radar Operational in Hungary

    The construction of a new 3D radio-radar at Medina in Southern Hungary began in October 2012. The facility is aimed at protecting the aerial space over all NATO countries.

    A new NATO 3D radar became operational Wednesday morning at Medina in southern Hungary, the country’s Defense Minister Csaba Hende announced.

    According to the minister, the new radar station will help protect the air space not only over Hungary but over all NATO countries.

    He added that the alliance has placed great hopes on the radar. This is why NATO funded 94 percent of the building costs and will continue funding for the next 18 years.

    The construction of the over 1 billion forints ($3.5 million) facility began in October 2012. The radar replaced the Soviet-made radio-radar equipment in operation since 1987.

    NATO representative Koen Gijsbers, in his turn, noted that the alliance has stationed eight radars of this type, including in Poland, the Czech Republic and Hungary.

    The new radar at Medina is the third 3D radar facility to control the aerial space of the country, after Bankut in the north and Bekescsaba in the south-east.

    Read more: http://sputniknews.com/military/20150715/1024646188.html#ixzz3fzdcB1fw


    _________________
    "There's no smoke without fire.", Georgy Zhukov

    avatar
    George1

    Posts : 10778
    Points : 11257
    Join date : 2011-12-22
    Location : Greece

    Re: NATO/US Military Build up in Eastern Europe-Russian borders

    Post  George1 on Fri Jul 31, 2015 2:47 pm



    _________________
    "There's no smoke without fire.", Georgy Zhukov

    avatar
    JohninMK

    Posts : 5240
    Points : 5303
    Join date : 2015-06-16
    Location : England

    Re: NATO/US Military Build up in Eastern Europe-Russian borders

    Post  JohninMK on Thu Aug 06, 2015 6:38 pm

    NATO halving Baltics interception patrols. I'd say that the have run out of suitable aircraft/manpower/money/political support for what is a pointless operation. We might have to wait a while for the headline in the Western MSM "Russia reduces threat, safe to cut aircraft patrols"

    Very good photo showing a NATO F-16/F-104 Starfighter/F-4 Phantom/Mig-29 formation.

    The NATO military alliance will reduce in September the number of planes patrolling Baltic skies on the lookout for Russian bombers by 50 percent amid a moderate decrease in Russian bomber and fighter jet incursions along alliance airspace in the region, a NATO representative told The Moscow Times on Wednesday.

    http://www.themoscowtimes.com/business/article/nato-to-halve-baltic-air-patrols-despite-rise-in-russian-intercepts/527057.html
    avatar
    GarryB

    Posts : 16887
    Points : 17495
    Join date : 2010-03-30
    Location : New Zealand

    Re: NATO/US Military Build up in Eastern Europe-Russian borders

    Post  GarryB on Sat Aug 08, 2015 7:08 am

    Hahahaha... the funny thing is that most of the incursions into NATO airspace is actually in international airspace... what Russia should do is when they have reduced their patrol aircraft numbers... which they are clearly only doing to save money is to greatly increase their number of flights in those areas when NATO bleats about incursions.

    They will spend money to reduce patrols and then have to spend more money restoring them... Twisted Evil

    the more money the Russians can make the EU/NATO waste the better for Russia.


    _________________
    “The West won the world not by the superiority of its ideas or values or religion […] but rather by its superiority in applying organized violence. Westerners often forget this fact; non-Westerners never do.”

    ― Samuel P. Huntington, The Clash of Civilizations and the Remaking of World Order
    avatar
    George1

    Posts : 10778
    Points : 11257
    Join date : 2011-12-22
    Location : Greece

    Re: NATO/US Military Build up in Eastern Europe-Russian borders

    Post  George1 on Wed Aug 19, 2015 12:45 am

    US Marines, backed by tanks would be deployed in Bulgaria

    the game is going more and more serious..


    _________________
    "There's no smoke without fire.", Georgy Zhukov

    avatar
    George1

    Posts : 10778
    Points : 11257
    Join date : 2011-12-22
    Location : Greece

    Re: NATO/US Military Build up in Eastern Europe-Russian borders

    Post  George1 on Thu Aug 20, 2015 4:48 pm

    US Plan to Move Military Vehicles to Hungary Anti-Russia Provocation

    Situation in Europe is starting to remind me Reagan's first years


    _________________
    "There's no smoke without fire.", Georgy Zhukov

    avatar
    nemrod

    Posts : 809
    Points : 1305
    Join date : 2012-09-11

    F-22 Raptors Will Be Deploying To Europe To Send A Strong Message To Russia

    Post  nemrod on Tue Aug 25, 2015 11:20 am


    http://foxtrotalpha.jalopnik.com/f-22-raptors-will-be-deploying-to-europe-to-send-a-stro-1726259671




    F-22 Raptors Will Be Deploying To Europe To Send A Strong Message To Russia

    After teasing the possibility of Raptors deploying to Europe months ago, Air Force Secretary Deborah Lee James has confirmed to reporters that Raptor is indeed going to be sent to Europe as part of an ongoing initiative to reassure NATO allies of America’s commitment to their defense.

    Secretary James made it clear that the move to send the F-22 to Russia’s front doorstep is part of Defense Secretary Ashton Carter’s “strong and balanced” approach to reminding Russia of the consequences of extra-border ambitions:

    “Rotational forces and training exercises help us maintain our strong and balanced approach, and we will certainly be continuing those in the future… For the Air Force, an F-22 deployment is certainly on the strong side of the coin.”

    Exactly what F-22 unit will be sent to Europe and where they would be based remains unclear, although General. Mark Welsh, the U.S. Air Force’s Chief of Staff noted:

    “We’ll get the F-22 into facilities that we would potentially use in a conflict in Europe… This is a natural evolution of our bringing our best air-to-air capability in to train with partners… We have an aircraft with pretty advanced capabilities, and we need, and they would like, for us to be able to interoperate in multiple type scenarios… And being able to train side by side with them and do that kind of training is really, really important for us. And that’s what this is for.”

    F-22 Raptors Will Be Deploying To Europe To Send A Strong Message To Russia

    The Raptor’s inaugural long-term deployment to Europe (it has had a near constant presence in the Middle East) will most likely follow along the lines of what the Florida and Oregon Air National Guard have executed in their F-15C/Ds since Spring. As part of the ongoing Operation Atlantic Resolve, the Eagles hopped East from one key NATO base to another, training with local units along the way, before ending up at a temporary Eastern European air defense post.

    Sending a detachment of Raptors to Europe also points to the possibility that things are not necessarily improving when it comes to Russian-NATO relations. If anything else, they are getting worse as forward deploying the world’s only truly operational 5th generation fighter to Eastern Europe is a card best held until needed.

    Then again, the size of America’s air superiority fighter fleet has shrunk so much over the last 25 years that the Eagle community, made up of about 192 aircraft in total (about 25 percent of which are being used for training and development), may not be able to sustain these types of deployments alone while also meeting their homeland defense, regional deterrent and their many training goals. Additionally, both aircraft, the super complex F-22 and the aging F-15C, require large amounts of maintenance to keep them airworthy at any given time. As such, calling the F-22 to deploy to Europe may be an acknowledgement of an inevitable logistical reality as much as a strategic play.


    BTRfan

    Posts : 428
    Points : 464
    Join date : 2010-09-30
    Location : USA

    Re: NATO/US Military Build up in Eastern Europe-Russian borders

    Post  BTRfan on Tue Aug 25, 2015 4:09 pm

    nemrod wrote:
    http://foxtrotalpha.jalopnik.com/f-22-raptors-will-be-deploying-to-europe-to-send-a-stro-1726259671




    F-22 Raptors Will Be Deploying To Europe To Send A Strong Message To Russia

    After teasing the possibility of Raptors deploying to Europe months ago, Air Force Secretary Deborah Lee James has confirmed to reporters that Raptor is indeed going to be sent to Europe as part of an ongoing initiative to reassure NATO allies of America’s commitment to their defense.

    Secretary James made it clear that the move to send the F-22 to Russia’s front doorstep is part of Defense Secretary Ashton Carter’s “strong and balanced” approach to reminding Russia of the consequences of extra-border ambitions:

       “Rotational forces and training exercises help us maintain our strong and balanced approach, and we will certainly be continuing those in the future… For the Air Force, an F-22 deployment is certainly on the strong side of the coin.”

    Exactly what F-22 unit will be sent to Europe and where they would be based remains unclear, although General. Mark Welsh, the U.S. Air Force’s Chief of Staff noted:

       “We’ll get the F-22 into facilities that we would potentially use in a conflict in Europe… This is a natural evolution of our bringing our best air-to-air capability in to train with partners… We have an aircraft with pretty advanced capabilities, and we need, and they would like, for us to be able to interoperate in multiple type scenarios… And being able to train side by side with them and do that kind of training is really, really important for us. And that’s what this is for.”

    F-22 Raptors Will Be Deploying To Europe To Send A Strong Message To Russia

    The Raptor’s inaugural long-term deployment to Europe (it has had a near constant presence in the Middle East) will most likely follow along the lines of what the Florida and Oregon Air National Guard have executed in their F-15C/Ds since Spring. As part of the ongoing Operation Atlantic Resolve, the Eagles hopped East from one key NATO base to another, training with local units along the way, before ending up at a temporary Eastern European air defense post.

    Sending a detachment of Raptors to Europe also points to the possibility that things are not necessarily improving when it comes to Russian-NATO relations. If anything else, they are getting worse as forward deploying the world’s only truly operational 5th generation fighter to Eastern Europe is a card best held until needed.

    Then again, the size of America’s air superiority fighter fleet has shrunk so much over the last 25 years that the Eagle community, made up of about 192 aircraft in total (about 25 percent of which are being used for training and development), may not be able to sustain these types of deployments alone while also meeting their homeland defense, regional deterrent and their many training goals. Additionally, both aircraft, the super complex F-22 and the aging F-15C, require large amounts of maintenance to keep them airworthy at any given time. As such, calling the F-22 to deploy to Europe may be an acknowledgement of an inevitable logistical reality as much as a strategic play.



    The message is, "The F35 sucks, that is why we're sending F22s..."
    avatar
    BlackArrow

    Posts : 131
    Points : 111
    Join date : 2013-05-17

    Re: NATO/US Military Build up in Eastern Europe-Russian borders

    Post  BlackArrow on Tue Aug 25, 2015 7:40 pm

    BTRfan wrote:
    nemrod wrote:
    http://foxtrotalpha.jalopnik.com/f-22-raptors-will-be-deploying-to-europe-to-send-a-stro-1726259671




    F-22 Raptors Will Be Deploying To Europe To Send A Strong Message To Russia

    After teasing the possibility of Raptors deploying to Europe months ago, Air Force Secretary Deborah Lee James has confirmed to reporters that Raptor is indeed going to be sent to Europe as part of an ongoing initiative to reassure NATO allies of America’s commitment to their defense.

    Secretary James made it clear that the move to send the F-22 to Russia’s front doorstep is part of Defense Secretary Ashton Carter’s “strong and balanced” approach to reminding Russia of the consequences of extra-border ambitions:

       “Rotational forces and training exercises help us maintain our strong and balanced approach, and we will certainly be continuing those in the future… For the Air Force, an F-22 deployment is certainly on the strong side of the coin.”

    Exactly what F-22 unit will be sent to Europe and where they would be based remains unclear, although General. Mark Welsh, the U.S. Air Force’s Chief of Staff noted:

       “We’ll get the F-22 into facilities that we would potentially use in a conflict in Europe… This is a natural evolution of our bringing our best air-to-air capability in to train with partners… We have an aircraft with pretty advanced capabilities, and we need, and they would like, for us to be able to interoperate in multiple type scenarios… And being able to train side by side with them and do that kind of training is really, really important for us. And that’s what this is for.”

    F-22 Raptors Will Be Deploying To Europe To Send A Strong Message To Russia

    The Raptor’s inaugural long-term deployment to Europe (it has had a near constant presence in the Middle East) will most likely follow along the lines of what the Florida and Oregon Air National Guard have executed in their F-15C/Ds since Spring. As part of the ongoing Operation Atlantic Resolve, the Eagles hopped East from one key NATO base to another, training with local units along the way, before ending up at a temporary Eastern European air defense post.

    Sending a detachment of Raptors to Europe also points to the possibility that things are not necessarily improving when it comes to Russian-NATO relations. If anything else, they are getting worse as forward deploying the world’s only truly operational 5th generation fighter to Eastern Europe is a card best held until needed.

    Then again, the size of America’s air superiority fighter fleet has shrunk so much over the last 25 years that the Eagle community, made up of about 192 aircraft in total (about 25 percent of which are being used for training and development), may not be able to sustain these types of deployments alone while also meeting their homeland defense, regional deterrent and their many training goals. Additionally, both aircraft, the super complex F-22 and the aging F-15C, require large amounts of maintenance to keep them airworthy at any given time. As such, calling the F-22 to deploy to Europe may be an acknowledgement of an inevitable logistical reality as much as a strategic play.



    The message is, "The F35 sucks, that is why we're sending F22s..."

    Nope - the message is the F-35 is not in service yet - so how can it be sent to Europe?

    BTRfan

    Posts : 428
    Points : 464
    Join date : 2010-09-30
    Location : USA

    Re: NATO/US Military Build up in Eastern Europe-Russian borders

    Post  BTRfan on Thu Aug 27, 2015 3:46 am

    BlackArrow wrote:
    BTRfan wrote:
    nemrod wrote:
    http://foxtrotalpha.jalopnik.com/f-22-raptors-will-be-deploying-to-europe-to-send-a-stro-1726259671




    F-22 Raptors Will Be Deploying To Europe To Send A Strong Message To Russia

    After teasing the possibility of Raptors deploying to Europe months ago, Air Force Secretary Deborah Lee James has confirmed to reporters that Raptor is indeed going to be sent to Europe as part of an ongoing initiative to reassure NATO allies of America’s commitment to their defense.

    Secretary James made it clear that the move to send the F-22 to Russia’s front doorstep is part of Defense Secretary Ashton Carter’s “strong and balanced” approach to reminding Russia of the consequences of extra-border ambitions:

       “Rotational forces and training exercises help us maintain our strong and balanced approach, and we will certainly be continuing those in the future… For the Air Force, an F-22 deployment is certainly on the strong side of the coin.”

    Exactly what F-22 unit will be sent to Europe and where they would be based remains unclear, although General. Mark Welsh, the U.S. Air Force’s Chief of Staff noted:

       “We’ll get the F-22 into facilities that we would potentially use in a conflict in Europe… This is a natural evolution of our bringing our best air-to-air capability in to train with partners… We have an aircraft with pretty advanced capabilities, and we need, and they would like, for us to be able to interoperate in multiple type scenarios… And being able to train side by side with them and do that kind of training is really, really important for us. And that’s what this is for.”

    F-22 Raptors Will Be Deploying To Europe To Send A Strong Message To Russia

    The Raptor’s inaugural long-term deployment to Europe (it has had a near constant presence in the Middle East) will most likely follow along the lines of what the Florida and Oregon Air National Guard have executed in their F-15C/Ds since Spring. As part of the ongoing Operation Atlantic Resolve, the Eagles hopped East from one key NATO base to another, training with local units along the way, before ending up at a temporary Eastern European air defense post.

    Sending a detachment of Raptors to Europe also points to the possibility that things are not necessarily improving when it comes to Russian-NATO relations. If anything else, they are getting worse as forward deploying the world’s only truly operational 5th generation fighter to Eastern Europe is a card best held until needed.

    Then again, the size of America’s air superiority fighter fleet has shrunk so much over the last 25 years that the Eagle community, made up of about 192 aircraft in total (about 25 percent of which are being used for training and development), may not be able to sustain these types of deployments alone while also meeting their homeland defense, regional deterrent and their many training goals. Additionally, both aircraft, the super complex F-22 and the aging F-15C, require large amounts of maintenance to keep them airworthy at any given time. As such, calling the F-22 to deploy to Europe may be an acknowledgement of an inevitable logistical reality as much as a strategic play.



    The message is, "The F35 sucks, that is why we're sending F22s..."

    Nope - the message is the F-35 is not in service yet - so how can it be sent to Europe?


    They have built over one hundred of them and have them in use for training in a few NATO nations already.
    avatar
    GarryB

    Posts : 16887
    Points : 17495
    Join date : 2010-03-30
    Location : New Zealand

    Re: NATO/US Military Build up in Eastern Europe-Russian borders

    Post  GarryB on Thu Aug 27, 2015 10:11 am

    I am sure the Russians will welcome the opportunity to get to point all their radars at the F-22 and see if it is really as good as its makers claim it is.

    Nothing like getting to test against the real thing...



    _________________
    “The West won the world not by the superiority of its ideas or values or religion […] but rather by its superiority in applying organized violence. Westerners often forget this fact; non-Westerners never do.”

    ― Samuel P. Huntington, The Clash of Civilizations and the Remaking of World Order
    avatar
    Godric

    Posts : 471
    Points : 491
    Join date : 2015-04-30
    Location : Alba (Scotland)

    F-22 Raptors Will Be Deploying To Europe To Send A Strong Message To Russia

    Post  Godric on Thu Aug 27, 2015 12:46 pm

    BTRfan wrote:
    BlackArrow wrote:
    BTRfan wrote:
    nemrod wrote:
    http://foxtrotalpha.jalopnik.com/f-22-raptors-will-be-deploying-to-europe-to-send-a-stro-1726259671




    F-22 Raptors Will Be Deploying To Europe To Send A Strong Message To Russia

    After teasing the possibility of Raptors deploying to Europe months ago, Air Force Secretary Deborah Lee James has confirmed to reporters that Raptor is indeed going to be sent to Europe as part of an ongoing initiative to reassure NATO allies of America’s commitment to their defense.

    Secretary James made it clear that the move to send the F-22 to Russia’s front doorstep is part of Defense Secretary Ashton Carter’s “strong and balanced” approach to reminding Russia of the consequences of extra-border ambitions:

       “Rotational forces and training exercises help us maintain our strong and balanced approach, and we will certainly be continuing those in the future… For the Air Force, an F-22 deployment is certainly on the strong side of the coin.”

    Exactly what F-22 unit will be sent to Europe and where they would be based remains unclear, although General. Mark Welsh, the U.S. Air Force’s Chief of Staff noted:

       “We’ll get the F-22 into facilities that we would potentially use in a conflict in Europe… This is a natural evolution of our bringing our best air-to-air capability in to train with partners… We have an aircraft with pretty advanced capabilities, and we need, and they would like, for us to be able to interoperate in multiple type scenarios… And being able to train side by side with them and do that kind of training is really, really important for us. And that’s what this is for.”

    F-22 Raptors Will Be Deploying To Europe To Send A Strong Message To Russia

    The Raptor’s inaugural long-term deployment to Europe (it has had a near constant presence in the Middle East) will most likely follow along the lines of what the Florida and Oregon Air National Guard have executed in their F-15C/Ds since Spring. As part of the ongoing Operation Atlantic Resolve, the Eagles hopped East from one key NATO base to another, training with local units along the way, before ending up at a temporary Eastern European air defense post.

    Sending a detachment of Raptors to Europe also points to the possibility that things are not necessarily improving when it comes to Russian-NATO relations. If anything else, they are getting worse as forward deploying the world’s only truly operational 5th generation fighter to Eastern Europe is a card best held until needed.

    Then again, the size of America’s air superiority fighter fleet has shrunk so much over the last 25 years that the Eagle community, made up of about 192 aircraft in total (about 25 percent of which are being used for training and development), may not be able to sustain these types of deployments alone while also meeting their homeland defense, regional deterrent and their many training goals. Additionally, both aircraft, the super complex F-22 and the aging F-15C, require large amounts of maintenance to keep them airworthy at any given time. As such, calling the F-22 to deploy to Europe may be an acknowledgement of an inevitable logistical reality as much as a strategic play.



    The message is, "The F35 sucks, that is why we're sending F22s..."

    Nope - the message is the F-35 is not in service yet - so how can it be sent to Europe?


    They have built over one hundred of them and have them in use for training in a few NATO nations already.

    and the pilots from Nato countries are training in the USA with the F-35s and not their home countries
    avatar
    George1

    Posts : 10778
    Points : 11257
    Join date : 2011-12-22
    Location : Greece

    Re: NATO/US Military Build up in Eastern Europe-Russian borders

    Post  George1 on Mon Aug 31, 2015 10:36 pm



    _________________
    "There's no smoke without fire.", Georgy Zhukov

    avatar
    franco

    Posts : 2719
    Points : 2757
    Join date : 2010-08-18

    Kaliningrad - the next point of conflict

    Post  franco on Fri Sep 04, 2015 4:34 pm

    An interesting look at the Kaliningrad and the West's outlook;
    http://johnhelmer.net/?p=13999
    avatar
    max steel

    Posts : 2967
    Points : 2998
    Join date : 2015-02-12
    Location : South Pole

    Re: NATO/US Military Build up in Eastern Europe-Russian borders

    Post  max steel on Tue Sep 29, 2015 12:17 am

    avatar
    Militarov

    Posts : 5610
    Points : 5651
    Join date : 2015-09-02
    Location : Serbia

    Re: NATO/US Military Build up in Eastern Europe-Russian borders

    Post  Militarov on Sat Oct 17, 2015 3:28 pm

    [i]"Command of a US Army Brigade, is going to be located in Ciechanów, along with 200 units of equipment - as it was announced by Tomasz Siemoniak, Minister of Defence, who visited the city. This is one of the five locations for the US equipment storages, defined by an intergovernmental agreement between Poland and the United States of America. The remaining places, to which the US military hardware is going to be deployed, include Łask, Drawsko Pomorskie, Skwierzyna and Choszczno. Declaration regarding the location of the US Base and command of the brigade, was made during the Siemoniak’s visit to Ciechanow. The infrastructure is going to be created within the area which had been previously used by the disbanded 1st Artillery Regiment of the Polish Army. Around 50 buildings and area of 60 acres – these numbers describe the new US Army base in Poland. Ciechanów, besides the Łask Air Base infrastructure, the Land Forces Training Centre in Drawsko Pomorskie and the Military Infrastructure in Skwierzyna and Choszczno, is going to be a place where the US weapons storages are going to be placed, as it was defined by a memorandum between the governments of the Republic of Poland and the United States of America.

    Ciechanów is one of the locations where the heavy equipment of the US Army is going to be deployed. This constitutes a result of a long negotiation and consultation process. We want to provide the United States with the best proposals, and we want to carry out the adaptation works as quickly as possible, so that the base is active even before the NATO summit in Poland. Tomasz Siemoniak, Minister of Defence. Thanks to the memorandum, Poland is going to be one of the nations gaining benefits from the European Reassurance Initiative, announced by President Obama in Warsaw, last year. The US investment related to the military infrastructure in Poland is being realized with the relevant funds, allocated to the above-mentioned programme. Talks with some local companies have already begun. These businesses are going to realize the works, the aim of which is to customize the existing infrastructure, so that it is suitable to be used for the newly defined purposes."


    This is i belive the ex Polish Army facility they will use as a start:



    Source and the rest of the article: http://www.defence24.com/268215,us-brigade-command-unit-in-poland-will-be-established-in-ciechanow
    avatar
    Militarov

    Posts : 5610
    Points : 5651
    Join date : 2015-09-02
    Location : Serbia

    Re: NATO/US Military Build up in Eastern Europe-Russian borders

    Post  Militarov on Sat Oct 17, 2015 3:28 pm

    [i]"Command of a US Army Brigade, is going to be located in Ciechanów, along with 200 units of equipment - as it was announced by Tomasz Siemoniak, Minister of Defence, who visited the city. This is one of the five locations for the US equipment storages, defined by an intergovernmental agreement between Poland and the United States of America. The remaining places, to which the US military hardware is going to be deployed, include Łask, Drawsko Pomorskie, Skwierzyna and Choszczno. Declaration regarding the location of the US Base and command of the brigade, was made during the Siemoniak’s visit to Ciechanow. The infrastructure is going to be created within the area which had been previously used by the disbanded 1st Artillery Regiment of the Polish Army. Around 50 buildings and area of 60 acres – these numbers describe the new US Army base in Poland. Ciechanów, besides the Łask Air Base infrastructure, the Land Forces Training Centre in Drawsko Pomorskie and the Military Infrastructure in Skwierzyna and Choszczno, is going to be a place where the US weapons storages are going to be placed, as it was defined by a memorandum between the governments of the Republic of Poland and the United States of America.

    Ciechanów is one of the locations where the heavy equipment of the US Army is going to be deployed. This constitutes a result of a long negotiation and consultation process. We want to provide the United States with the best proposals, and we want to carry out the adaptation works as quickly as possible, so that the base is active even before the NATO summit in Poland. Tomasz Siemoniak, Minister of Defence. Thanks to the memorandum, Poland is going to be one of the nations gaining benefits from the European Reassurance Initiative, announced by President Obama in Warsaw, last year. The US investment related to the military infrastructure in Poland is being realized with the relevant funds, allocated to the above-mentioned programme. Talks with some local companies have already begun. These businesses are going to realize the works, the aim of which is to customize the existing infrastructure, so that it is suitable to be used for the newly defined purposes."


    This is i belive the ex Polish Army facility they will use as a start:



    Source and the rest of the article: http://www.defence24.com/268215,us-brigade-command-unit-in-poland-will-be-established-in-ciechanow
    avatar
    Bolt

    Posts : 109
    Points : 117
    Join date : 2015-04-23
    Age : 30
    Location : Lithuania

    Re: NATO/US Military Build up in Eastern Europe-Russian borders

    Post  Bolt on Sat Oct 24, 2015 9:18 pm

    A little story from today that I've seen:

    There were some joint exercises in Lithuania, some elements of US Airborne participated, today was their final day here, so it was decided to make a little hearts and minds show in the center of Vilnius, right near the Cathedral.

    There's a small parking lot nearby, it wasn't closed and there were no warnings about the coming show.
    So, picture this: you, a guy and his wife, drive from Belorussia to Lithuania on a touristic trip, go to the center of the capital, park your car. And right away 8 Humvees with NATO and American flags surround you, with ATGMs and heavy MGs, and some guy in camo goes right to your car and puts a little NATO flag over your plate numbers (and over your country's flag). If I'd been this guy, it would be a big WTF moment for me. Very Happy






    (then didn't want this BMW to "spoil" their little PR show, it could be "uncool" to see a picture of a #strongeurope Humvee right next to some red commie car Smile. They did take that little flag after the owner of the car asked what are they doing though. They also did put a Lithuania's historical flag on the plates on the back).
    avatar
    Airbornewolf

    Posts : 340
    Points : 402
    Join date : 2014-02-05

    Re: NATO/US Military Build up in Eastern Europe-Russian borders

    Post  Airbornewolf on Sun Oct 25, 2015 12:58 am

    Bolt wrote:A little story from today that I've seen:

    There were some joint exercises in Lithuania, some elements of US Airborne participated, today was their final day here, so it was decided to make a little hearts and minds show in the center of Vilnius, right near the Cathedral.

    There's a small parking lot nearby, it wasn't closed and there were no warnings about the coming show.
    So, picture this: you, a guy and his wife, drive from Belorussia to Lithuania on a touristic trip, go to the center of the capital, park your car. And right away 8 Humvees with NATO and American flags surround you, with ATGMs and heavy MGs, and some guy in camo goes right to your car and puts a little NATO flag over your plate numbers (and over your country's flag). If I'd been this guy, it would be a big WTF moment for me. Very Happy



    (then didn't want this BMW to "spoil" their little PR show, it could be "uncool" to see a picture of a #strongeurope Humvee right next to some red commie car Smile. They did take that little flag after the owner of the car asked what are they doing though. They also did put a Lithuania's historical flag on the plates on the back).

    Yes, "Apeshit" would have came to my mind too. First off, i would have asked the imbecile why he touched my car. and Second, Propably tried to get into an arguement why he still liked to help American war criminals with their little show.

    I mean, i cant help it if i can name places, dates and names where Yanks bombed Afghan people while i was there. And then name the U.S officers that came into town and paid for every killed kid 60 dollars and got angry when certain afghan mothers said their kids could not be replaced with money. or how "Allies" are easily sacrificed and send out to drive in an ambush when the Americans knew it was there. or how the U.S likes to sacrifice their own SF troops under heavy fire just to avoid an political scandal in Afghanistan. Or how that Canadian C-130 was loaded with VX Nerve Gas where my guys where sitting in the back with Gas masks on flying from Kabul to KAF on 3rd of November 2008 that departed at 4 in the morning?. Im sure it was an "misplaced logistical order". ...outside of that, talk about seeing guys foaming with rage having to fly with an transport aircraft filled with nerve gas with pretty much zero protection...

    anyway, it does create the necessary "awkward" factor when i just so happen to know things like that. even the usual counter-arguements where they "check" if i was there. i can answer them all because i was actually there!.
    example, Yes i know Horton's, i stood 40 minutes in line too at Tim Horton's for that Iced Capuccino at KAF. Yes, the RSOI tents where an freaking oven by day and never ever eat the cheese spread out of the MRE's. they clog you up so bad you wont shit for a week. Everybody can recite the meals you get on the menu on the Dutch TK meals per day. The fact after 6 months you worship things like cold soda in the form of Mountain Dew. And that its always fun to see people run in utter panic to the bunker when an IDF alert goes off after the missile already landed and you just laugh outside the bunker and go back inside and go back playing games on your laptop while the new guys still think some precision strike might be imminent. and etc etc. thats just a handfull.

    the end result tough is that they feel even more Awkward i know all that.

    so, nah, ...im not an big NATO fan either apparently. and i definitely would have tried to screw up their Demo.

    the yanks overstayed their welcome since 1945, its high time they where sent home and we Europeans got some politicians in power that start to decide what is in Europe's best interests. starting off torching that monstrosity Brussels to the ground that acts as an Proxy U.S government and get some of our Sovereignty back.
    avatar
    Bolt

    Posts : 109
    Points : 117
    Join date : 2015-04-23
    Age : 30
    Location : Lithuania

    Re: NATO/US Military Build up in Eastern Europe-Russian borders

    Post  Bolt on Sun Oct 25, 2015 8:35 am

    Airbornewolf wrote:

    Yes, "Apeshit" would have came to my mind too. First off, i would have asked the imbecile why he touched my car. and Second, Propably tried to get into an arguement why he still liked to help American war criminals with their little show.

    I mean, i cant help it if i can name places, dates and names where Yanks bombed Afghan people while i was there. And then name the U.S officers that came into town and paid for every killed kid 60 dollars and got angry when certain afghan mothers said their kids could not be replaced with money. or how "Allies" are easily sacrificed and send out to drive in an ambush when the Americans knew it was there. or how the U.S likes to sacrifice their own SF troops under heavy fire just to avoid an political scandal in Afghanistan. Or how that Canadian C-130 was loaded with VX Nerve Gas where my guys where sitting in the back with Gas masks on flying from Kabul to KAF on 3rd of November 2008 that departed at 4 in the morning?. Im sure it was an "misplaced logistical order". ...outside of that, talk about seeing guys foaming with rage having to fly with an transport aircraft filled with nerve gas with pretty much zero protection...


    That's pretty fucked up.. Sad

    Sponsored content

    Re: NATO/US Military Build up in Eastern Europe-Russian borders

    Post  Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Mon Dec 18, 2017 12:24 am